Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

1 minute ago, Eno said:

Instead of training tomorrow the players should descend on the nearest boozer. Totally ignore social distancing cause a 2 week shutdown of scottish football (we're not involved anyway) oh wait, no action's taken against those who flout the restrictions!

tynie arms. Squad should have a party. We’re not involved so won’t matter. Oh wait..........

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

8 minutes ago, jamborod said:

Chris McLoughlin on the Nine insisting this was down to the Scottish Government, completely ignoring Leitch’s comments earlier. 

Aye, right. 

Wholeheartedly agree. Couldn't believe what McLaughlin came away with after hearing Jason Leich earlier who stated that it wad nothing to do with government and that they , the Scottish government had told the SPFL to get their house in order. Good luck with that one. It has been a total knifing of Hearts by the SPFL. McLaughlin also stated that if Hearts didn't comply then the whole game would be shut down for two weeks

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, beaver said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Couldn't believe what McLaughlin came away with after hearing Jason Leich earlier who stated that it wad nothing to do with government and that they , the Scottish government had told the SPFL to get their house in order. Good luck with that one. It has been a total knifing of Hearts by the SPFL. McLaughlin also stated that if Hearts didn't comply then the whole game would be shut down for two weeks

You know what to do Hearts. Or do the other clubs/SFA/SPFL fancy paying our wage bill for two weeks seeing as we took everyone off furlough to train, as we were allowed to do?

Edited by ToqueJambo

This is awful for us but the actions of 1 celtic player going for a jaunt (that the club knew about) and 8 sheep shaggers going for a bevvy) have effectively brought football in this country to a standstill. 

Guys - and girls - who play for the enjoyment of playing and no more have been shafted, and all because Doncaster and Petrie didn’t want to have to deal with Celtic and Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

My thinking too, they are banking on us losing the semi and all Scottish football bar the premier gets binned by the end of October. All Doncaster cares about is Celtic and his mega Sky deal.

If I didn't love Hearts as much I would be out now.

yep, I’d be out as well. Only thing is it makes me put more into FOH and determined to boycott away grounds = more money into FOH

sunblestjambo
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. The money rolling in is causing big concerns. The figures would be available in the annual accounts but we could afford to get kicked out the top flight so thats what happened. If it had been st midden and it was going to cause an insolvency they would have come up with another plan.

100% spot on. This really nips me with people like Cosgrove and Chic Young consistently pushing the line that there would have been no furore had it been a side like St Johnstone or St Mirren demoted.  Utter shite - had it been any team of that ilk the league would have bent over backwards to restructure and avoid potential insolvency of a club.  We are seen as big enough to soldier through it so fair game to take a disproportionate share of the pain. 

2 minutes ago, David Black said:
3 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Could we move abroad for a training camp to a country safe obviously!

Top of the class. That is a brilliant idea

Apparently Malaga is nice for a short break, and we know there's no punishment for the club who's players go there, don't even need to quarantine.

🛫

19 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Clubs and players will have to comply with the SPFL protocols belatedly put in place following the Aberdeen and Celtic fiasco. The last thing we want to do is fall into a trap that could lead to either the club or individual players being punished, which is exactly what the SPFL want us to do. Hearts should keep quiet - we are never going to beat this lot until the individuals in charge are outed. The SPFL should be publicly shamed by appropriate questions in the Scottish and UK parliaments, in social media and in the press; this is more likely to work. I am sure that we would all like to know what the reason for this is, because as far as I am aware there have been no incidences of transmission as a result of players training.

I'd rather individuals kept themselves fit if they wish to do so, wherever and whenever they liked, irrespective of whether they were footballers outside the premier league or not.

Edited by Busby8

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

As the gov said we can continue to train, we should just continue to train.

Is the correct answer.

Just ignore the recommendations. 

Simple.

2 minutes ago, beaver said:

we should continue to train and if the SG don’t intervene then we will know that it’s the SPFL.  What fekin difference does us training make with Covid ?

rangers played a friendly without test results, Aberdeen players tested positive for breaking rules and celtic* player feked off to Spain and came back and played in a game. Griffiths had a fekin party !! Yet they all continue ? Without so much as a Slapped wrist.

yet Hearts - stop training take your medicine and to hell with your costs in doing it right.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Now leaning towards hoping for Scottish football to be shut down completely for a year. That will make it survival of the fittest and we'll have a better chance than most of coming out of it.

My thoughts entirely!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, sunblestjambo said:

100% spot on. This really nips me with people like Cosgrove and Chic Young consistently pushing the line that there would have been no furore had it been a side like St Johnstone or St Mirren demoted.  Utter shite - had it been any team of that ilk the league would have bent over backwards to restructure and avoid potential insolvency of a club.  We are seen as big enough to soldier through it so fair game to take a disproportionate share of the pain. 

Yeah, the narrative would have been changed to "Why should Hearts not have to play a relegation play-off?" or "Why should Hearts escape possible relegation?"

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Time for Hearts to issue an ultimatum that if we don't train now then we withdraw from the semi final.

Do you think anyone will care? They only care about self interest and the old firm.  We withdraw then what?  They instate the huns and look for an old firm final? Yep, that will sure show them. 

Meanwhile we get in more shit from the footballing association. 

Edited by Last Laff

ToadKiller Dog
7 minutes ago, beaver said:

. McLaughlin also stated that if Hearts didn't comply then the whole game would be shut down for two weeks

Sounds like a blackmail type threat 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is awful for us but the actions of 1 celtic player going for a jaunt (that the club knew about) and 8 sheep shaggers going for a bevvy) have effectively brought football in this country to a standstill. 

Guys - and girls - who play for the enjoyment of playing and no more have been shafted, and all because Doncaster and Petrie didn’t want to have to deal with Celtic and Aberdeen. 

Nail on the head, it’s pretty clear that they have no appetite to do the right thing and punish the perpetrators because of who they are. There’s so much to support them taking action against both clubs, or indeed the players. Tbh I’d have no problem if the only penalties from this were 6/8 game bans for all players involved. I could accept that clubs could do little to stop the actions that happened. Action though, needs to be taken. 

There are forces (people and organisations) that seem determined to destroy Hearts!

They are evil and must be stopped!

Hearts fans must do whatever it takes to ensure Hearts survive!

Only Hearts!

Guest ToqueJambo

It's lucky for the SFA etc that everyone in the UK is focused on English football so no-one will notice their weekly ****-ups. Oh, there's a month with no domestic football in England you say, so the UK papers will be looking for stories. The name "Rod Petrie" is going to go UK-wide.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Now leaning towards hoping for Scottish football to be shut down completely for a year. That will make it survival of the fittest and we'll have a better chance than most of coming out of it.

Like it. 

This surely has to be a real possibility?

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There are forces (people and organisations) that seem determined to destroy Hearts!

They are evil and must be stopped!

Hearts fans must do whatever it takes to ensure Hearts survive!

Only Hearts!

I'm staring to think your never a Hearts fan , it's becoming pretty obv to me tbh . 

Another one for the ignore list ttfn 

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Time for Hearts to issue an ultimatum that if we don't train now then we withdraw from the semi final.

Would they be bothered? If we pull out, presumably Rangers take our place. Sets up the potential for an OF Cup Final, which is exactly what they want and what Sky want. 

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Would they be bothered? If we pull out, presumably Rangers take our place. Sets up the potential for an OF Cup Final, which is exactly what they want and what Sky want. 

I doubt Rangers would touch it.

56 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Should probably get used to decisions like this. It's going to be a long, hard season for us with decisions on and off the pitch I imagine. 

This is the new normal from now on  

Shafted from all angles 

Just now, frankblack said:

Behave. They still haven’t won a major trophy since they were born again. They would grab the opportunity with both hands. 

Diadora Van Basten

So we are offered up as sacrificial lambs by Doncaster, Petrie and Lawell to protect their beloved Celtic.

There is no logic to the decision and Doncaster’s statement in particular is beyond parody.

20 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Already answered that earlier in the thread, look back a few pages. 

The gist; the fewer players overall in Scottish football training, the less the overall risk of a further breach. 

Apologies is that didn’t make you laugh. 

It's a nonsense, and an indefensible one at that. Punish the wrong-doers, that will lower the overall risk of a further breach.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, robbo1874 said:

Like it. 

This surely has to be a real possibility?

First time I've genuinely wanted clubs to go bust, starting with any or all of Raith, D Utd, Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, Ayr and Dundee. The lack of solidarity from other Scottish football fans during this whole thing has been breathtaking. 

Hopefully more than a few are looking at recent decisions and finally realising they backed the wrong horse in Doncaster. They should have been pushing for change instead of giving the SFA and SPFL licence to do what they're now doing.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:vrface:

For God’s sake, man.

I know, shocking...I’m hoping for something much worse. Preferably involving a rusty razor blade and his bawbag. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I’m sure we’ll be in for training in the morning. We need to completely ignore the *****.

Call their bluff. The SG clearly said it didn't apply to us. They SFA and SPFL can ask us to stop training but they'll need to compensate us for wages and other costs then and push the cup semi final back.

south morocco

Why aren’t the other championship teams training yet. It’s because it’s their choice not to yet. So that debunks the unfair advantage bullxxxx. They are royally shafting is. Wonder what the club will do next? 

NaturalOrder74
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

So we are offered up as sacrificial lambs by Doncaster, Petrie and Lawell to protect their beloved Celtic.

There is no logic to the decision and Doncaster’s statement in particular is beyond parody.

if we were in prem and one of our players ****ed off to spain they’d have banned our full team from training without a doubt, probably worse 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
27 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I haven’t said players are more likely to break the rules if they are training or not (not sure where you picked that up from?). 

Didn't say you had said that, I was making the point that to justify your stance you'd have to accept that that was the case.

I have suggested the ramifications for Scottish football, and whether this season continues are greater whether they are in training or not. 

Whatever the ramifications are for Scottish football, it does not justify punishing an innocent club, and doing so certainly won't alleviate the ramifications for Scottish football.

Not sure about the immoral argument. We all saw the pictures outside bars in aberdeen with people not socially distancing. Then the city goes back into lockdown - plenty of innocent people and businesses will have been affected by the decisions of those who broke the rules. Such is life.

The immoral argument relates solely to the fact that to punish the innocent to benefit othersis immoral.

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I'm staring to think your never a Hearts fan , it's becoming pretty obv to me tbh . 

Another one for the ignore list ttfn 

You’re staring?

What do you want Hearts to die?? Why?

Stop instigating trouble - please!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

MarkDevriesScores4

So the lads have a day off tomorrow, the orium and tynecastle are already “Covid ready “ , the authorities confirm this tomorrow and we are granted the appropriate dispensation to continue the following day. 

With any sound governing body in charge, this would be a simple thing to agree (I.e. Glasgow City Women). Unfortunately we have a corrupt governing body in charge so little chance of it happening.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Rangers were beaten so they can't possibly be reinstated, Hibs would get a bye to the final, but wait this is the sfa shambles so we could quite conceivably have a team who was beaten in the quarter final lining up in the semi's. We can't withdraw because of this though, it's Hibs FFS. Beating them and getting to the cup final would be the best girfuy of all.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Rangers were beaten so they can't possibly be reinstated, Hibs would get a bye to the final, but wait this is the sfa shambles so we could quite conceivably have a team who was beaten in the quarter final lining up in the semi's. We can't withdraw because of this though, it's Hibs FFS. Beating them and getting to the cup final would be the best girfuy of all.

The league will take care of itself. I want us to be preparing for the cup like it's our last ever game. Winning it or even just getting to the final would be a massive GIRUY.

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

referees will be under strict instructions don’t kid yourself mate

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FFS, Berwick Rangers have started training,

what are these tinpot clubs playing at?

**** them I hope they go bust 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Vindicated and vindictive. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

I would throw Petrol on

Ok they maybe able to stop us running and playing contact training but do the actually have the authority to stop people going to their work .can they stop them going to riccarton to go over tactics and formations etc

Cruickshankforscotland

Good statement from the Club. I really hope we follow that up in a big way. Even with a sensitive subject like Covid we should make a formal protest to the SPFL and SFA. WE should ask them to formally reply to all the points raised in the statement. We should request that if the decision stands that they meet the extra expense we incurred caused by that decision. We must ask for them to explain to us how the Premier teams are allowed to gain from unfair advantage in the cup competitions to be played in October. We need to go for this as strongly as possible.

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I hope he gets busted with a hooker granny...who has a lot nastier disease than Covid.

Ftfy