Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Rick Sanchez

Imagine Hearts caused Sky Sports to miss a game with nothing else on and a chance to promote Scottish fitba. The Hampden beaks would be all over us, not leaving it to Sturgo.

The same Sky Sports who's TV deal is the holy grail, let's not forget.

🖕

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The government didnt technically cancel the game but to paraphrase Don Corleone. They made the Scottish footballing authorities an offer they couldnt refuse.

😁True, it just annoys me that the SPFL didn't have the backbone to come out and own the responsibility themselves straight away. They always want to have someone else they can point to and say "they made us do it."

Everything always feels like constant deflecting and damage limitation. They would get much more respect from fans if they had strong and concise decision makers who put their necks on the line like proper leaders do.

ToadKiller Dog

I was told (from a united fan )that sky /spfl now looked to show the motherwell v united game instead but Motherwell said no due to the st subscribers .

If true another sign of the well thought out spfl plan .

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sportsound should be worth listening today 😆😂.

Aye, a certain two Aberdeen   supporters on that shit    show will be  spinning  this like feck

Edited by maroonlegions

25 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

😁True, it just annoys me that the SPFL didn't have the backbone to come out and own the responsibility themselves straight away. They always want to have someone else they can point to and say "they made us do it."

Everything always feels like constant deflecting and damage limitation. They would get much more respect from fans if they had strong and concise decision makers who put their necks on the line like proper leaders do.

Off the ball just now Tam Cowan saying that the SG postponed the game and Cosgrove and Tommy Wright agreeing with him.

As per usual we have the SMSM playing to the SPFL/SFA tune with deflection and diversion tactics which I expect to continue at 14:00hrs when Sportsound start their nonsense and likely blame NS & the SG.

If the donkey is on it will not be the SPFL/SFA fault the big bully that is the SG made us do it.

No Jason Leitch from the SG on the program as yet for the 1st time in months though he may be on later. or on holiday. 

Edited by 7628mm

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Absolute nap they will play down the whole thing. 

Yip. Things like. The  Aberdeen players were not the only ones in the pub. The pub landlord should have  booted everyone else out so the dons players could have room to socially distance. They were only drowning their sorrows after the rangers pumping.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Jason Leitch wont be on as the football has technically re-started.

So the public service during the pandemic to give us down to earth covid 19 advice is no longer required because the football has started?

I find that a little bizarre but may not be the reason. I would have thought his advice would be even more important at this time.

You can PM me if you want to keep it off the thread

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

So the public service during the pandemic to give us down to earth covid 19 advice is no longer required because the football has started?

I find that a little bizarre but may not be the reason. I would have thought his advice would be even more important at this time.

You can PM me if you want to keep it off the thread

The show always stated that he would no longer be on the show once the football re-started.

indianajones

What an absolute joke of an organisation. It just gets more embarrassing for them by the day. 

What's even worse is that most folk are happy with the stays quo. 

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘They will be wary of setting a precedent in case it happens to either of the cheeks

Indeed. 

Buried under the Aberdeen news, Griffiths has very quietly deleted a bunch of pictures of a birthday party he hosted for his Mrs last weekend from his Instagram account. 

Aberdeen were the first, but they won't be theast. 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The government didnt technically cancel the game but to paraphrase Don Corleone. They made the Scottish footballing authorities an offer they couldnt refuse.

Very likely, John.   Typical mis-information by the SPFL/SFA   (and their media sychophants) to  issue tweets using that kind of deflection language.   It's almost as if   they are actually blaming the SG for not taking a risk.  Disgraceful stuff from them ...... again 

In the heirarchy of importance, the SG is  

Derek McInnes statement was very good Aberdeen are very

fortunate to have him.Willie Miller and Tom English also not

defending Aberdeen an interesting point Tom English made was 

regarding fans in pubs watching matches on television with little 

social distancing,I think the next step is going to be a ban of

televised matches in pubs as that is where the problem lies

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

To be fair to Willie Miller for a change he has ripped into the players on Sportsound.

Definitely.

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Derek McInnes statement was very good Aberdeen are very

fortunate to have him.Willie Miller and Tom English also not

defending Aberdeen an interesting point Tom English made was 

regarding fans in pubs watching matches on television with little 

social distancing,I think the next step is going to be a ban of

televised matches in pubs as that is where the problem lies

Yes, hopefully the SG take that step... or just close pubs for a while.    More pain to the SPFL's  elbow, I say 🙂

If Aberdeen don't get a big fine for this it will be yet another slap in the face for HMFC who have suffered a huge financial punishment due to the same virus. 

15 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

To be fair to Willie Miller for a change he has ripped into the players on Sportsound.

No other option. Even that walloper couldn't defend them. 

manaliveits105

If this was us points would be lost no doubt 

but Cormack will have something on Donkey over good Friday 

its ok though the players have apologised and Dick has read it out - time to move on no doubt

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s only one person desperate here and it’s not me. I will make this as clear as possible, you’ve now been told by other folk too that the rules agreed on by the SG/SFA/SPFL mean that players must stay in their bubbles. They’re only allowed to have full contact training and play games, the rest of us can’t get that close to colleagues, if they do not have contact with people outside their bubble. No pubs, no restaurants, no coffee shops. The first minister said today THEY SHOULD NOT BE OUT IN PUBLIC, what does she know 🙈?
 Neil Lennon today has said his players will train, play and go home, nothing else, not even trips to the shop. What does he know 🙈? Like you did with Levein, admit you’re wrong and quit whilst your behind, you’ve been told by quite a few folk already but just wont listen. 

74A6B473-74CE-46A3-82AA-F0B99BBC5E82.png

9AA987D8-B743-4192-865D-C9AE0757913B.png

https://www.facebook.com/100001809157147/posts/4325354400868156/

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Links not working. 

I'm off fb, my wife sent me it, it must get fubar as I'm not on it and not copy correctly. 

It's a sturgeon voice over ripping Aberdeen and the sfa to bits, quite funny. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm off fb, my wife sent me it, it must get fubar as I'm not on it and not copy correctly. 

It's a sturgeon voice over ripping Aberdeen and the sfa to bits, quite funny. 

I watched it again last night, hilarious 🤣😆

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Nobody foresees the Covid escalation, that is the point of tip toing carefully onwards, not jumping at the 1st opportunity for a bevvy! I just don't get the "it won't happen to me" brigade! Yep the young are less likely to suffer seriously, but they might! They also might take it home or share it with friends! Feckin idiots just like the beach goers down south!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Nobody foresees the Covid escalation, that is the point of tip toing carefully onwards, not jumping at the 1st opportunity for a bevvy! I just don't get the "it won't happen to me" brigade! Yep the young are less likely to suffer seriously, but they might! They also might take it home or share it with friends! Feckin idiots just like the beach goers down south!

Absolutely, this disease could end a players career quite easily as the after effects are only beginning to show,  and a lifetime of breathing difficulties may be one. 

Thick as ****ing pig-shit. They haven't got a single one of the directions correct - and that's because they damn well thought themselves above it all and just disregarded it. Not buying for a second this was a genuine misinterpretation, particularly if the ""bubble" agreement was unequivocal about what they could and could not do.

If the players are indicative of the general public's grasp of the guidelines, we are ****ed. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, this disease could end a players career quite easily as the after effects are only beginning to show,  and a lifetime of breathing difficulties may be one. 

The last line is one folk should take serious. 

Even if mildly effected, lung scarring/ issues and cardiovascular concerns seem to be ongoing. 

My father in law had it, recovered, suddenly his lungs are scarred and he is on medication for circulation issues. 

Seems to be  more and more a common theme as well. 

The statement tries to shift blame in saying no one could have foreseen the escalation of Covid in the area. Government has been stating the risk every day for the last 16 weeks.

Factually incorrect. Should help the Compliance Officer in building her case.

Awful statement , just a token prepared statement signed onto. 
they should have known damn well not to go into a non social distancing bar/nightspot but thought themselves above the rules. 
Willie Miller for once spot on. The SPFL need to show some sort of punishment to say this is not acceptable.  The government need it, all other clubs and players need to see it and all football supporters need to see it. 
another instance Of this will see the game shut down and a lot of us bought season tickets and would like to see football at some point (not denied it because of players stupidity). Add in the furlough is ending and a lot of clubs won’t survive I’d bet 

53 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

‘Genuine error’ ‘not a deliberate attempt to flout’ ‘never our intention’

utter deflection and denial and abdication of responsibility

should have just put their hands up to making a serious error of judgement, knowing what the guidance was and that it was utterly foolish and won’t happen again

Edited by JimmyCant

Seymour M Hersh

Any response from the SPFL CEO Mr Vindication yet? What's this day three or four of  #muttonmolestergate?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Matches?

20200808_153246.jpg

No Jonny Hayes (there's a surprise!!) & Sam Cosgrove replacing Ferguson & Ojo.

Nice to see them "man enough" to add their surnames to the statement, but no doubt ISTL will be on to tell me that the AFC fans would know them anyway.

Pleasantly surprised at Willie Miller's condemnation of the players today or maybe, due to him being "barred" from the pub/nightclub in question as he was highly critical of the establishment.

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

No Jonny Hayes (there's a surprise!!) & Sam Cosgrove replacing Ferguson & Ojo.

Nice to see them "man enough" to add their surnames to the statement, but no doubt ISTL will be on to tell me that the AFC fans would know them anyway.

Pleasantly surprised at Willie Miller's condemnation of the players today or maybe, due to him being "barred" from the pub/nightclub in question as he was highly critical of the establishment.

Credit to willie Miller on this occasion 

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Credit to willie Miller on this occasion 

Agree, however it's nice to have a wee pop at Willie when the opportunity arises.

Probably the above is due to him giving so many offside decisions against us in the (distant) past :whistling:

14 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This ,the whole shit show is run by an overpaid clown ,only in our game could overpaid assholes actually get away with not knowing or having a plan how to deal with this pandemic,football should have been closed down and pubs should never been opened far too early. This is going to get worse as usual money takes priority over lives from assholes cramming into venues to overpaid footballers and politicians breaking the rules,this just cents my belief that humans are he'll bent on self destruction,selfish tests they deserve whatever comes their way ,rant over

I watch the photos from outside pubs in Aberdeen.  Where is the social distancing and where is the police. 

16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any response from the SPFL CEO Mr Vindication yet? What's this day three or four of  #muttonmolestergate?

Donkey is probably enjoying a wee jaunt to a Champions League game or two at the moment due to his new role with UEFA which was gifted to him by Mr Liewell.

Nothing in Scotland happening with SPFL duties to get in the road on a trip abroad at present.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Is that big girl's blouse knobend Prick Gordon sounding contrite or is she giggling like a wee lassie as per ? 

He tried to portray it was serious, but still managed to get a few giggles in as usual.

He had trouble putting some surnames to the list of players when reading out the statement.

Tried to defend the embarrassment for Derek McInnes & that knob jockey Dave Cormack. Dave has probably not slept for 2 nights since the news broke. He's been busy phoning the other 11 Premiership Chairman to express his apologies.:Aye:

Not really the Club's fault, all down to the players......ie excuse for no SPFL punishment for the Club.

An easy option available to football authorities would be to hit the players with a 1 game suspension for the re-arranged game vs SJ, saving Cosgove's until he is fit to resume. 

Good to see the list began with the excellent return of Jonny Hayes to the Dandy Dons. "Great Signing" as it was reported at the time. A real role model to any youngster setting out on a career with AFC.

SPFL must deduct points from Aberdeen otherwise Aberdeen benefit from a postponement while St J are disadvantaged.

Of course they are unlikely to do so in case it makes a precedent for the bum cheeks.

Like most of us when organising a night out, there is a leader/organiser.  The question is: while visiting a restaurant in the city after an embarrassing defeat to Sevco, is no sin provided protocols were followed, somebody must have had the idiotic idea to go to a crowded pub for an apre.  Sheep by name...

Edited by Tasavallan

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. 

Can you imagine the wankfest if it had been us ? 

Maybe he giggles with nerves mind you as a bit of a thespian he dare not do it when performing......

From Thespa eh, not even an Aberdonian. 🧐

Garvock jambo

Can the spfl do anything if no member club complains? After all they only do what the members ask for, as they don't have the power to take discisions that may affect any member as they are only employees! 

Plus the game was on SS so, though I couldn’t care a hoot about them they’ve also been messed about Aberdeen should have some punishment cos if no it’ll happen again and again.

Bret the Hitman Hearts

I really hope something like this happens again soon and they are forced to suspend football until... oh I don't know... how about October?

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, 2205ian said:

As requested. ;)

Their first names pretty much identifies them.

Can’t recall any other players in the first team they could be confused with.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Although Miller had no choice to condemn the actions, which he rightfully did, it wasn't too far along in the show he was saying "let's just get back to football" when there was obviously much more discussion to be had about it!

What the **** is this supposed to mean?

"it was never our intention to put that those jeopardy"

Have I suddenly lost any English language comprehension ability I ever had?

If they get away with this with zero kind of punishment it’s a disgrace.

Hopefully the Scottish government steps in and shuts it down due to a lack of leadership.