Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That is the fear, if I was Hearts, I would push the league to start and if other clubs cant play then its awarded 3-0 to the team that can play 

Aye but hearts huv an unfair advantage likesay? Hearts huv mair munny so shouldn’t be allowed the points Ken?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That is the fear, if I was Hearts, I would push the league to start and if other clubs cant play then its awarded 3-0 to the team that can play 

I suspect reconstruction will be back on the agenda very soon. Those favours will be called in.

12 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Unfortunately I foresee a knock on effect with us. I’m unsure whether the league will start.

Agree. Folk wanting clubs to go bust are a bit short sighted. The Premier League is protected. Any clubs in below this going bust or unable to fulfil fixtures could see the Championship mothballed. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I suspect reconstruction will be back on the agenda very soon. Those favours will be called in.

How would that work though? We’ve been relegated, so would have to be invited back in, which is unlikely.

This is all tremendously worrying. 

what are people’s views on the Championship starting? 70%, 50%, less?

feels like only a matter of time before some clubs in the Championship push for mothballing and Hearts get shafted again. 

Don't know if it has been mentioned in the thread, but Merthyr Town FC have mothballed for the season.  I think that is what could happen to many of the lower league teams here.  It does make it complicated for promotion and relegation but could be a halfway between carrying on and going totally bust.

https://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/boardstatement210920/

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Aye but hearts huv an unfair advantage likesay? Hearts huv mair munny so shouldn’t be allowed the points Ken?

Yeah, sadly how it will be argued and go. But it should be that these clubs thought they would be good to go in October, given the maximum time to be on furlough, given all the help, if they cant start their fixtures from them then it is on them. Donald Findley on Sportsound months back when he was talking nonsense most of the time, was asked about starting the league and the only bit of sense he made was that there should be a date to start and if clubs cant play their fixtures from that point then they should face punishment.

We have no chance of finishing our season and I highly doubt the seaside league will even start.

The fix will be in with the diddy sides to mothball and shaft us. Again.

Whatever happens from here it has to be consistent. Either the whole thing is shut down or the whole thing is open, if that means forcing teams to test then teams must be forced to test. 

You can’t have a situation where some teams can play and some can’t. This is of course especially true when you have ejected a team unfairly out of a league and then they are unable to trade. 

24 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

There could be 4 or 5 premier league teams in real trouble now aswell.

Wish they'd hurry up. I have 30+ bottles of champagne waiting to pop.

Chickens coming home to roost - pleasing - hopefully a few clubs go to the wall. Shame for the fans but there clubs voted to look after themselves.

we will also be shafted of course because no chance our season will be played out, lucky if it starts. If it’s the former and isn’t played we should pull out Scottish, citing sporting integrity  

As suspected.. I think no chance sport goes ahead.. it’s not so much the stadium but more about how people get there.. trains, buses.. and where they go on the way, pubs and restaurants then spread the problems across communities..

there will be no attended football, I’m about 80% sure there will be no championship, and 50% sure the premiership will not be able to complete unless Celtic / Rangers financially support the other teams .

williamgerrard

Hopefully happens in scotland aswell hopefully make some clubs go to the wall ie 

Hamilton
Stmidden 
Hibs
Raith
Ayr
Brechin
Dundee 
Alloa

Would be happy with that

48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, sadly how it will be argued and go. But it should be that these clubs thought they would be good to go in October, given the maximum time to be on furlough, given all the help, if they cant start their fixtures from them then it is on them. Donald Findley on Sportsound months back when he was talking nonsense most of the time, was asked about starting the league and the only bit of sense he made was that there should be a date to start and if clubs cant play their fixtures from that point then they should face punishment.

"Take their medicine"...

Geoff Kilpatrick

What is really juicy is that the JRG will be getting calls to mothball the lower leagues but if they do, they will screw the farce of a Scottish Cup because we won't be able to prepare.

Chortle. Karma really is a bitch.

Seeing the leaked document from the Scottish Government last night and them wanting to knock contact sports on the head. If they get their way then football is going to be paused again. Whether that's all leagues I don't know but will almost certainly be the leagues below the top one due to clubs not testing players. Think we need to get used to being in the Championship for more than one season as there is not a hope in hell we are finishing or even starting the league season. 

Edited by PapaShango

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

"Take their medicine"...

You would like to think so, but as we know we live in a club vote democracy.

Propose to mothball Championship with a 1 match shoot out between Ayr and Dundee eventually to decide who the SPFL will accept as the Championship potential nomination.

Sort of kidding.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What is really juicy is that the JRG will be getting calls to mothball the lower leagues but if they do, they will screw the farce of a Scottish Cup because we won't be able to prepare.

If the top league continues you can guarantee the Scottish cup will be played. Don’t think for one second it won’t be regardless of our situation. 

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And the diddy league cup as well.

Although it should have been binned anyway until we are back to normal.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Be interesting to hear the government justify the playing of additional/unnecessary fixtures from last season

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yes, absolutely. It didn't take a genius to see this coming. We're good to go regardless, so they can't move the goalposts now. 

58 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Pleasing. Enjoy the medicine. 

10 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

Most of the smaller clubs had contracts which ended 31st May and won't have been playing players in between. Also I'd be surprised if those clubs didn't basically shut down and furlough everyone.

Add in the money from Anderson, ST and Fan contributions, Business rate/grant schemes and they've managed to limp through.

That change's when furlough ends, the season restarts and players need paid. Most will be screwed if the season doesn't start.

Bizarrely, I happen to think as many lower league clubs are as likely to be screwed if the season does start. 

Edited by blairdin

57 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Certainly the vibes I have been getting from my mate in Perth. They need the money that the get from the OldFirm through their gates or they are in real bother. I suspect Killie might well be in the same boat.

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Be interesting to hear the government justify the playing of additional/unnecessary fixtures from last season

The government won’t have a view on that. That would be for the SFA to justify. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The government won’t have a view on that. That would be for the SFA to justify. 

Ok, it would be interesting to hear the government response to the SFA justification for playing fixtures from an otherwise curtailed season.

It was mentioned on radio Scotland news earlier that they are looking at postponing the OF game because of the worry that people will gather in groups to watch.

If so I can’t see how they’d justify playing the semis, but no doubt they will.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Ok, it would be interesting to hear the government response to the SFA justification for playing fixtures from an otherwise curtailed season.

They won’t care what competitions are played as long as the relevant protocols are followed. 

Allowayjambo1874

Falkirk and Partick must be really worried, if the championship is in doubt then leagues 1 & 2 must really be a concern.

If the testing protocols that are in place for the premier league were introduced to lower leagues and the premier is allowed to continue then surely BCD would still be an option for all teams/leagues? 

32 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Seeing the leaked document from the Scottish Government last night and them wanting to knock contact sports on the head. If they get their way then football is going to be paused again. Whether that's all leagues I don't know but will almost certainly be the leagues below the top one due to clubs not testing players. Think we need to get used to being in the Championship for more than one season as there is not a hope in hell we are finishing or even starting the league season. 

We are coming up to an OF game with both teams neck and neck.

Boozers will be absolutely heaving to watch the game.  (I put up previously that the Well Club was chocca for one of their Europa League qualifiers and then you see social distancing ignored last night at the FA Cup tie)

If football wants to continue, next 'try and test' stage has to be the banning of showing sport, but notably live football in pubs.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They won’t care what competitions are played as long as the relevant protocols are followed. 

Seems to me that they should. Its an additional risk (despite the protocols).

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Simple FM order to Council's, not to open pub's until match is finished.

Those who ignore...hammered.

As well as the wives if they have to drink at home. 🥴

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Falkirk and Partick must be really worried, if the championship is in doubt then leagues 1 & 2 must really be a concern.

If the testing protocols that are in place for the premier league were introduced to lower leagues and the premier is allowed to continue then surely BCD would still be an option for all teams/leagues? 

It would not suprise me if there is a forced reconstruction. 

I am very concerned that the SFA/SPFL will throw us under a bus to keep the premier league going. I hope we have some sort of court based redress planned along the lines of unable to trade due to the expulsion. We lost the last battle under football rules this time it would have to be company law surely.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I am very concerned that the SFA/SPFL will throw us under a bus to keep the premier league going. I hope we have some sort of court based redress planned along the lines of unable to trade due to the expulsion. We lost the last battle under football rules this time it would have to be company law surely.

You can bet on it.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I think that bus has gone. 

26 minutes ago, Rods said:

No chance there will be reconstruction any time soon and we are already under the bus. We will be left to deal with whatever shitstorm we end up in. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, williamgerrard said:

Hopefully happens in scotland aswell hopefully make some clubs go to the wall ie 

Hamilton
Stmidden 
Hibs
Raith
Ayr
Brechin
Dundee 
Alloa

Would be happy with that

For a start 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We are coming up to an OF game with both teams neck and neck.

Boozers will be absolutely heaving to watch the game.  (I put up previously that the Well Club was chocca for one of their Europa League qualifiers and then you see social distancing ignored last night at the FA Cup tie)

If football wants to continue, next 'try and test' stage has to be the banning of showing sport, but notably live football in pubs.

They shouldn't be heaving though unless they let more folk in than is allowed, it will happen though and the fall out from the problems in and around Glasgow will not help. The new Sky deal would be worthless if that scenario with live games actually happens. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I smell impending disaster. 

After disagreeing yesterday I am starting to think you're right.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After disagreeing yesterday I am starting to think you're right.

I just don’t see how the clubs we will be playing can pay players with no gates, and no prospect of gates. it’s a scary prospect.

if you think that through logically we will need to loan or release pretty much the whole squad. 

44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They shouldn't be heaving though unless they let more folk in than is allowed, it will happen though and the fall out from the problems in and around Glasgow will not help. The new Sky deal would be worthless if that scenario with live games actually happens. 

It could be that the Well club was at correct capacity but as they have 3 or 4 rooms everyone congregated to the largest room.

Primarily it is at owner level but by the time they sort out groups it could already be too late....

Edited by DETTY29

The White Cockade

If I were a pessimist (I am!) I would say that  there is a good chance the Championship and lower leagues will be canned for this season 
If that did happen then Scottish professional football might end up with only two leagues or even just one as so many clubs will go bust

We will also be in big trouble in this scenario 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

All very grim.

We'll survive. Others won't.

This. I’m sorry but that’s all I care about. Teams and fans of other teams I hope you all die a slow worrying death( except the 19%). Got a heart (excuse the pun) of stone when it comes to the rest of the teams that make up the the SPFL.

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I just don’t see how the clubs we will be playing can pay players with no gates, and no prospect of gates. it’s a scary prospect.

if you think that through logically we will need to loan or release pretty much the whole squad. 

There's no way we can hold onto players. A few will actively be looking to get away as well as soon as possible as first team opportunities will be required for international aspirations. Obviously if 'elite' level sport continues BCD. It's going to be rough.