*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

SectionDJambo
43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

At the end of the 88 final I just stood staring into space wondering what I had just witnessed. 🥺

Same.

But it was the first thing I thought of when the final whistle went in the 2012 semi final. Karma.

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

At the end of the 88 final I just stood staring into space wondering what I had just witnessed. 🥺

It was awful. The train journey back into Glasgow Central after the game was the quietest I've ever known. Even worse than the previous year's kick in the nuts from St Mirren. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Roberts did fine for us early then dipped like most of the team. Callachan did the job for us that we needed him for. McGhee had a very decent career with us.

Roberts style of football is more suited to how Well play - he is not a winger or a CF. Hearts did not use him well.

Callaghan is an example of the mix required in a team - we could do with his effort and mobility now even though he is "not Pele".

McGhee had a promising career that tailed off as we did not use him properly. We could do with him next season as I doubt Haring will be fit all seaso .

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Roberts style of football is more suited to how Well play - he is not a winger or a CF. Hearts did not use him well.

Callaghan is an example of the mix required in a team - we could do with his effort and mobility now even though he is "not Pele".

McGhee had a promising career that tailed off as we did not use him properly. We could do with him next season as I doubt Haring will be fit all seaso .

We tried Roberts all over the shop - AM, CF, winger. I'd keep him for versatile back-up maybe. Callachan did well, we needed someone like him at that time. He's found a club where he can have a central role though. He would be back-up with us. We never saw McGhee as a CB and tried him in DM - he wanted to persist with CB and that's why he went to Middlesborough. IT's ironic that to turn his career around he's finally moved to the position Neilson wanted to try him in, but he didn't want to.

Edited by ToqueJambo

lost in space
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We tried Roberts all over the shop - AM, CF, winger. I'd keep him for versatile back-up maybe. Callachan did well, we needed someone like him at that time. He's found a club where he can have a central role though. He would be back-up with us. We never saw McGhee as a CB and tried him in DM - he wanted to persist with CB and that's why he went to Middlesborough. IT's ironic that to turn his career around he's finally moved to the position Neilson wanted to try him in, but he didn't want to.

Didnt know that about McGhee. I may have mis-remembered him at full back and CB. He must have worked hard as he is much more mobile. More confident too. Having said all that, he has only "proved himself" in championship.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Not a bad achievement for a club formed lesss than a decade ago to be fair....

Very fair minded of you, SQ. 😊

3 hours ago, Homme said:

I was over Brora within a day or two.

Do folk really get scarred by football results? 

Aye.

Over it much quicker than the Cup final at Christmas or any past derby defeats. 

davemclaren

So, can Raith pull back a 3 goal deficit at Dens tonight? Very unlikely but then we might have to chose between Dundee and Killie/Ross County for the premier league spot. 😯

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, can Raith pull back a 3 goal deficit at Dens tonight? Very unlikely but then we might have to chose between Dundee and Killie/Ross County for the premier league spot. 😯

I can't bring myself to choose Dundee over the other two despite how much I would like Ross County to take their medicine

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I can't bring myself to choose Dundee over the other two despite how much I would like Ross County to take their medicine

To be fair I don't mind Killie but the other two can cease to exist as far as I'm concerned.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It is a dilemma but the Dundee boy was the man that enabled the entire farago to happen. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Have a heart you!  We are now a community minded club now that has to rid ourself off this antiquated dislike of our neighbours who, like us, are just trying their best.  

We are different club now and fans like you are holding us back with your anti hibs stuff.  At the best shite team win.  Feck off!  Mon the dirty saints.  

Hahahahaha Ann and Tosh are watching the game together next week with their half n half scarves on. 
Mon the saintees. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Semi? Good old Henry 🙈

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Then you’re wrong. The Brora result has been accepted by club and some fans, it’s the biggest one of failure anyone can remember. It was very quickly put to one side and glossed over by many on here because of the glorious achievement of winning the championship. 

With promotion being the first priority the Brora result had to be "put to one side" it doesn't mean its forgotten and it shouldn't be ever forgotten but should be used as a reminder to all future teams when playing against lower teams 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

With promotion being the first priority the Brora result had to be "put to one side" it doesn't mean its forgotten and it shouldn't be ever forgotten but should be used as a reminder to all future teams when playing against lower teams 

I doubt many non Hearts supporters will let us forget it either. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

At least we can stop talking about Forfar now 🤣

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

True, Stevie Hancock will be crushed next time I see him in the pub. 

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It didn’t need to be put to one side. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I missed that game as was invited to an evening wedding reception in East Kilbride.

Wife and I had decided to stay overnight in a hotel. Got to hotel and found out Hearts 1 nil up with a couple of minutes to go. Hotel bar full of Sellick fans so got in lift to go up to room. Absolutely buzzing. Final here we come. By the time we had got into our room we had lost 2 -1. Utterly gutted!!!!! What was worse was the wedding was a very Sellick minded do and I had to put up with them rubbing it in all night. 

Still not as bad as losing 2 - 1 to St Vermin though in that semi (1987?) Dundee or Dundee United in the final. Thought that was our year. 😣

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It didn’t need to be put to one side. 

Your choice of words not mine, I prefer to think it couldn't allow the players to be distracted from the primary objective of promotion, that doesn't mean they should ever be allowed to forget their part in that disgrace 

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I missed that game as was invited to an evening wedding reception in East Kilbride.

Wife and I had decided to stay overnight in a hotel. Got to hotel and found out Hearts 1 nil up with a couple of minutes to go. Hotel bar full of Sellick fans so got in lift to go up to room. Absolutely buzzing. Final here we come. By the time we had got into our room we had lost 2 -1. Utterly gutted!!!!! What was worse was the wedding was a very Sellick minded do and I had to put up with them rubbing it in all night. 

Still not as bad as losing 2 - 1 to St Vermin though in that semi (1987?) Dundee or Dundee United in the final. Thought that was our year. 😣

We’ve had a few sore ones over the years. 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Your choice of words not mine, I prefer to think it couldn't allow the players to be distracted from the primary objective of promotion, that doesn't mean they should ever be allowed to forget their part in that disgrace 

It’s not enough. We were in three competitions and made an absolute arse of two of them. Given our resources and budget in comparison to our competitors in the championship, promotion alone shouldn’t have kept RN in a job. Brora should have meant the end for him. 

He is not good enough to manage Hearts. 

"Getting papped out of both cups by diddy teams and struggling to win league games doesn't matter we got promoted"

:cornette: Shocking attitudes. We are Hearts.

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm sure you meant Semi Final in 88.

Their winning goal should never have stood. McGee elbowed Henry Smith in the face. The linesman saw it clear as day.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Getting papped out of both cups by diddy teams and struggling to win league games doesn't matter we got promoted"

The warning signs are clear as day (again). The club will ignore them ‘till we’re in another crisis and next season is ruined (again).

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

True 

Skivingatwork
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

That’s how I see it.

Fast forward to October, out the league cup, bottom six, pumped by both OF and lost the first derby. 

RN will get sacked, despite the warning signs being there for months and having wasted more money in the summer window on heartless, mediocre dross.

AB will assure the fans that they won’t be rushed into an appointment and will take time to do it right. 

New man will come in stating he needs time as we play out the remainder of the season fighting relegation.

And so the wheel continues to spin...

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was a particularly tough time. Dens in 1986 followed by semi defeats in 87 and 88. It seemed we were destined to never win anything. It then got worse in 1991 when the hobos against all the odds won the Skol Cup. I think that was the worst I have ever felt seeing them pick up a trophy. 

In a post designed to unite the fans I’d just like to say…

Charlie Adam is a complete helmet. 

43C57C7D-7615-4A0D-8B1E-29B5B82C026F.jpeg

Edited by Tazio

Psychedelicropcircle
22 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

That’s how I see it.

Fast forward to October, out the league cup, bottom six, pumped by both OF and lost the first derby. 

RN will get sacked, despite the warning signs being there for months and having wasted more money in the summer window on heartless, mediocre dross.

Teflon AB will assure the fans that they won’t be rushed into an appointment and will take time to do it right. 

New man will come in stating he needs time as we play out the remainder of the season fighting relegation.

And so the wheel continues to spin...

FTFY 

Psychedelicropcircle

Are we still supposed to be interested in the boy hendry? It’s went quiet!

Pasquale for King

Dundee left this pitch long and a bit dry to stop Raith playing football by any chance?

DesertDawg
8 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Playing well right now for Raith against Dundee. Dundee 0 - 1 Raith. 

His contract expires next month.

south morocco

Hope Raith can beat Dundee tonight. Lesser of two evils I suppose. Then get beat from whoever from the prem 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Should that no be a second booking for Adam?  😁

I think so. Arms in a ridiculous position. The referee has shat it because it’s Adam.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Playing well right now for Raith against Dundee. Dundee 0 - 1 Raith. 

His contract expires next month.

In 16 days, being nominated by his fellow players alongside Gordon/Adam/Boyce for player of the year is some accolade. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

davemclaren
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

That was a particularly tough time. Dens in 1986 followed by semi defeats in 87 and 88. It seemed we were destined to never win anything. It then got worse in 1991 when the hobos against all the odds won the Skol Cup. I think that was the worst I have ever felt seeing them pick up a trophy. 

Yeah, it felt so unfair them getting a trophy when we had been so close several times.  

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

In a post designed to unite the fans I’d just like to say…

Charlie Adam is a complete helmet. 

43C57C7D-7615-4A0D-8B1E-29B5B82C026F.jpeg

Telling McGowan to f'ing  shut up.   ☺.    After he was told it was a handball because he had his hands up.    Quality viewing. 

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Telling McGowan to f'ing  shut up.   ☺.    After he was told it was a handball because he had his hands up.    Quality viewing. 

The only thing Adam should be telling McGowan is how to deal with going bald.

Btw that Bill Clark on at halftime. Shameless prick.

Wish you could punch your tv screen and they'd feel it. 😁

heartmussel
50 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Hadn’t really heard of him until recently name mentioned on here,paying a wee bit attention to him tonight,to be honest, we have let better go (on tonight’s performance).

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The only thing Adam should be telling McGowan is how to deal with going bald.

Haha loved that and rewound it. Fancy raith if they can get a second soon 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Robbie did it deliberately to make everyone forget about blowing a 2-0 lead then losing to Hibs in the Scottish Cup helping them onto their first win in 114 years. The Cup win that has helped them recover from quite a bad place. 

Clearly for many not so bad a result after all. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Adam escapes again 🙄

Bloody hell Jamie, that kick was worse than Henry Smith's pen at the same ground 🤣

Edited by neilnunb

Malinga the Swinga

Adam receives some amount of leniency from referees who are either totally in awe of him, or else under orders not too send him off. 

Unbelievable what he gets away with.