*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Who seriously gives a **** about those Hibs ****s? Blowing smoke up their arses because they've finished 3rd for the first time since 2005? They shitehawks don't deserve an ounce of our respect.

Let them have their fun while we concentrate on ourselves. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Correct. 

If we were playing them this afternoon I’d be confident. FTH

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The whole playoff system is broke. Raith shouldn't have had to play 2 games while Dundee get two weeks off. 2 semis and a final makes total sense. 

Correct.

Second bottom of PL v 4th Championship and 3rdv2nd

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Correct. 

If we were playing them this afternoon I’d be confident. FTH

Whilst I admire your loyalty I have to disagree.  I think they'd beet this current team,convincingly. As much as it pain's me yo say so.

Rick James
5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whilst I admire your loyalty I have to disagree.  I think they'd beet this current team,convincingly. As much as it pain's me yo say so.

If they played us today, they'd probably beat us on sharpness and confidence alone. We beat them in October with a weaker team. I'd say we've improved since then with GMS, Gnanduillet and a fully fit Souttar. 

11 hours ago, PortonianJambo said:

Happy days that Hamilton are down at last.Think that either Killie or Ross County will see off Dundee.

This.

Cheerio, Hamilton.

One of the other two will take care of Dundee also.

All good.

I'd like to see Kilmarnock go down never seen them out the premier league in my life time but if they are playing Dundee i'd happily continue to wait a bit longer to see Kilmarnock go down.  

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct.

It is disgraceful that the SPFL has that format in the Championship and League 1 play offs but not the Premier League. 

Mind you, it's in keeping with awarding clubs titles and demoting others based on an incomplete season and a vote that stunk the place out with corruption and skullduggery.

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct.

Yeah the play off's are benifting the team finishing 11th in the SPL they should all be playing once the season is over 11th plays 4th 2nd play 3rd over two legs and the final a 1 leg at neutral venue. But imagine we finished 11th and played 2nd in championship ( Dundee ) would we take fans to a 1 leg match at a neutral venue on the chance we could go down :jj_facepalm:

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t matter what you think of Hibs generally and their current standard. If they win the cup and finish 3rd the fact is, as painful as it is to admit, that’s a better season than we’ve had for many years. I’d be feckin  delighted with it if it was us but we look miles off being capable of it.

heartsfc_fan

Were Kilmarnock not on the brink a few months ago before the government loan?

Could see them going into administration if they go down.

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'd like to see Kilmarnock go down never seen them out the premier league in my life time but if they are playing Dundee i'd happily continue to wait a bit longer to see Kilmarnock go down.  

You must be a youngster, Stu ! 🙂

In the lower league from 1983 to 1993.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t matter what you think of Hibs generally and their current standard. If they win the cup and finish 3rd the fact is, as painful as it is to admit, that’s a better season than we’ve had for many years. I’d be feckin  delighted with it if it was us but we look miles off being capable of it.

2005-06 to be precise BUT they haven’t won any cup yet !

Just now, Boab said:

2005-06 to be precise BUT they haven’t won any cup yet !

Correct. That’s why I used the word ‘if’ 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aah, so young. 😉

They were relegated as frequently as Hearts in the early days of the 10 club league, we went down with them twice, and spent a decade outwith from 1983. Pretfy sure they had seasons in the third tier, too.

I agree.

I'd quite like to see them relegated again but not if Dundee are the beneficiaries.

11 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Finishing below Hamilton last season ffs. We really were utterly shite. 

Hamilton have spent season after season pulling out miracle results at business end of the season.  We beat Hibs 3-1 at ER last season to go above them, they duly went to Ibrox and won 1-0 the very next evening.    

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

You must be a youngster, Stu ! 🙂

In the lower league from 1983 to 1993.

Aye born 91 so majority of my life been in SPL 

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

Hamilton have spent season after season pulling out miracle results at business end of the season.  We beat Hibs 3-1 at ER last season to go above them, they duly went to Ibrox and won 1-0 the very next evening.    

That was a kick in the stones. Coming out of ER, I thought we were going to push on and survive. St Mirren park the following week was as bad as it could have been. A shocking performance.

11 hours ago, slashishere said:

Urrghh

Hope they get things back in track before the final - could end up being a free pass for the vermin at this rate

https://news.stv.tv/sport/davidson-covid-19-situation-at-st-johnstone-is-very-concerning?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully it's more mind games to lull the gullible tramps into a false sense of security. 

Mars plastic
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We didn't "finish" below anyone

You dress it up anyway you want. We finished last. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

You dress it up anyway you want. We finished last. 

The league never finished so our final position will never be known 

3 hours ago, Boab said:

That was a kick in the stones. Coming out of ER, I thought we were going to push on and survive. St Mirren park the following week was as bad as it could have been. A shocking performance.

Correct St Mirren was inexcusable.  Although not official at time it was becoming obvious that league might be called.  We win there and we would have swapped places with them.  

Thought this was quite amusing. Following on from the delay in Celtic appointing Eddie Howe as the replacement for Lennon.

JIm Duffy has said this.

He told Clyde 1 Superscoreboard that Hibs boss Jack Ross could be a viable alternative having steered the Easter Road side to third in the table this term.

52 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Correct St Mirren was inexcusable.  Although not official at time it was becoming obvious that league might be called.  We win there and we would have swapped places with them.  

Must win was a phrase used quite often during the last two or three years on here.

I can think of no other game deserving of that title. Disgraceful.

Stendel would have probably still been here and we would have been just finishing a Premier League season.

Japan Jambo
17 hours ago, sadj said:

Hamilton can survive if things stay the same with an 18 goal swing at the weekend 🤔

Just as well they ain't playing St Mirren then. Shouldn't wallow in others misery but glad they are down and hope they stay down.

18 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Kilmarnock full of goals but shocking defending. Least they dropped Colin Doyle tho

are you sure he didn't drop himself?

Just noticed that accies are doon, unlucky for them, good news for us though, we have struggled against them in recent times, I'm still hoping motherwell beat county, really want them to go down too after their chairmens comments last summer, I think that killie will beat accies now that they're down.

Pasquale for King

Only 300 Hibs fans allowed at the final, there were more on the pitch last time 😆

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The league never finished so our final position will never be known 

The league finished early after a vote to end the season. A trophy was awarded to the team in 1st place, and the team in 12th place was relegated. 

We were the team in 12th place when the vote to end the season happened, therefore we got relegated.  These stupid ****ing semantics about "we weren't relegated, we were expelled, we'll never know our final position because we didn't play 38 games" are pointless; we have just played a season in the Championship because we were absolutely shite and finished dead last in the 2019/20 season. 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only 300 Hibs fans allowed at the final, there were more on the pitch last time 😆

They'll be able to recreate what their end looked like 15 minutes before the end of the 2012 final. 

Rick James
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Aah, so young. 😉

They were relegated as frequently as Hearts in the early days of the 10 club league, we went down with them twice, and spent a decade outwith from 1983. Pretfy sure they had seasons in the third tier, too.

I agree.

I'd quite like to see them relegated again but not if Dundee are the beneficiaries.

You're right. After a couple of near misses, Killie went down to the 2nd division in 1988-89 albeit came straight back up, and didn't return to the top flight until 1993.

As an aside, I didn't realise just how close Meadowbank Thistle were to promotion to the top flight. Narrowing the Premier Division from 12 teams back to 10, 3 teams were relegated with only 1 coming up. That 1 was Hamilton who finished 4 points ahead of Meadowbank. Any other season prior to that, or indeed quite a few seasons after, they would've been promoted as runners up. How it could've been so different for them had they become a top flight team.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Mister T said:

They'll be able to recreate what their end looked like 15 minutes before the end of the 2012 final. 

Hahahahaha 👍🏽

Rick James
17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

300 rats allowed 🤣🤣. Every cloud and all that 🤣🤣

Jane Park can get a ticket for herself and every **** that's hung out her.

Guest ToqueJambo

Covid hit St Johnstone and a Hearts goalie possibly in goal for them (even a not very good one) means this is shaping up to be a potentially very entertaining Hibsed It. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

40 mins before the end more like!

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Covid hit St Johnstone and a Hearts goalie possibly in goal for them (even a not very good one) means this is shaping up to be a potentially very entertaining Hibsed It. 

Best yet

Glamorgan Jambo

Another shambles by the football authorities. After taking weeks to even think they could get fans in the stadium their poor relationship with the Scottish Government has come back and bitten them.

If they had a bit more energy and nous they could have proposed this as a test event with pre testing and follow up tests as appropriate (what has happened in England) and probably got quite a few more fans in. Instead they asked for the distance requirement to be reduced just because.. and got what you’d expect from that.

7 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Another shambles by the football authorities. After taking weeks to even think they could get fans in the stadium their poor relationship with the Scottish Government has come back and bitten them.

If they had a bit more energy and nous they could have proposed this as a test event with pre testing and follow up tests as appropriate (what has happened in England) and probably got quite a few more fans in. Instead they asked for the distance requirement to be reduced just because.. and got what you’d expect from that.

Even the Northern Irish final will have 1000 fans

Frankly the FM and her sidekick should be asked the questions and made to explain in great detail their decisions re this matter

As it stands there is no excuse other than pathetic, second rate government

1 hour ago, Locky said:

You're right. After a couple of near misses, Killie went down to the 2nd division in 1988-89 albeit came straight back up, and didn't return to the top flight until 1993.

As an aside, I didn't realise just how close Meadowbank Thistle were to promotion to the top flight. Narrowing the Premier Division from 12 teams back to 10, 3 teams were relegated with only 1 coming up. That 1 was Hamilton who finished 4 points ahead of Meadowbank. Any other season prior to that, or indeed quite a few seasons after, they would've been promoted as runners up. How it could've been so different for them had they become a top flight team.

I was aware of that at the time, bud.

Thistle had been consistently decent with that Hibby, Terry Christie (doesn't like Hearts so feck him), in charge.

Don't recall if he was still there in 1988 but they'd done well for a while and were unfortunate not to make the Premier.

Probably just me but Edinburgh City, Spartans and Meadowbank all had/have a whiff of Hibby about them.

Christie's oldest was a Celtic fan at Leith Academy in the early '80's. Liked a rebel song, did Kev. The Merry Ploughboy was his fave.

Died in the wool Hibby now, apparently.

Same diff.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Frankly the FM and her sidekick should be asked the questions and made to explain in great detail their decisions re this matter

Hearing that only south stand is available due to building works. That’s why the initial request was lower but for even less as they are insisting on 2m distancing rather than 1.5m agreed for euros

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Jane Park can get a ticket for herself and every **** that's hung out her.

😄

Rick James
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

I was aware of that at the time, bud.

Thistle had been consistently decent with that Hibby, Terry Christie (doesn't like Hearts so feck him), in charge.

Don't recall if he was still there in 1988 but they'd done well for a while and were unfortunate not to make the Premier.

Probably just me but Edinburgh City, Spartans and Meadowbank all had/have a whiff of Hibby about them.

Christie's oldest was a Celtic fan at Leith Academy in the early '80's. Liked a rebel song, did Kev. The Merry Ploughboy was his fave.

Died in the wool Hibby now, apparently.

Same diff.

Yeah sorry man, knew I was maybe preaching to the choir, I just found it quite interesting. :lol:

I knew Thistle were in the old First Division but hadn't realised until now just how close they got. 

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Yeah sorry man, knew I was maybe preaching to the choir, I just found it quite interesting. :lol:

I knew Thistle were in the old First Division but hadn't realised until now just how close they got. 

Sorry, Locky.

I didn't mean that first sentence as anything other than a "I recall that".

😉

Rick James
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sorry, Locky.

I didn't mean that first sentence as anything other than a "I recall that".

😉

All good mate. :D 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hearing that only south stand is available due to building works. That’s why the initial request was lower but for even less as they are insisting on 2m distancing rather than 1.5m agreed for euros

Seems fair enough 😆

Glamorgan Jambo
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I suspect the explanation would involve an alarming lack of detail in the proposal from the SFA.

And as expected the only response from the SFA, a column written by Keith Jackson, appears full of moans and complaints but nothing about what was actually proposed apart from the number they wanted in.