*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Might not be the popular opinion on here but I hope Killie along with their 5 fans and a dug get turned over by Dundee. I know 2 of those 5 fans, and they took unbelievable delight in our Administration and Expulsion events. Plus, it will be enjoyable to watch Dundee getting relegated next season after taking dry length after dry length. 

• Replies 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Might not be the popular opinion on here but I hope Killie along with their 5 fans and a dug get turned over by Dundee. I know 2 of those 5 fans, and they took unbelievable delight in our Administration and Expulsion events. Plus, it will be enjoyable to watch Dundee getting relegated next season after taking dry length after dry length. 

Genuinely astonishing 

Happy with that, Ross County a good day out. Should be a decent contest, Killie have a lot of experience and expect them to stay up but would freshen things up if they were to go down.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Tofu pie and halloumi fries , Killie the hipsters dream

Halloumi fries? 🤩 ....

C'mon Killie!

4 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Halloumi fries? 🤩 ....

C'mon Killie!

Lol love them , id travel to Killie if they sold them to be fair. 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol love them , id travel to Killie if they sold them to be fair. 

Bacon and halloumi butties, the food of Kings. Ram your vegie crap .

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Bacon and halloumi butties, the food of Kings. Ram your vegie crap .

Lol , im not a veggie so i agree wholeheartedly with this

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'm pretty sure Jason Leitch explained this on 'off the ball' or sportsound - think the SFA got exactly what they asked for and could have quite reasonably asked for more...(which he strongly inferred they would of got the green light for)

Far be it for me to defend wee Krankie but the incompetence of our footballing authorities aren't down to her.

He described it that at 2m social distancing if you took everything into account (Inc SFA and UEFA own restrictions on the stadium) the SFA asked for 600 which was approved.

We'll likely here Darryl Broadfoot's side of things from the SFA perspective on Sportsound tomorrow, but it has also been reported the SFA were going to ask for between 1500 and 3000, but plumped for 2000 as the formal request.

Not sure if that 2000 was asked for and SG went back and said OK but as long as your are doing this that and the other and the SFA said  we'll do 600 then.

Edited by DETTY29

weegie jambo

Living as I do in Ayrshire I hope Killie survive. They're a good community club and I know that Ayrshire would suffer without them in the Premiership. Dundee are just a bunch of rats and hope they get a pounding.

5 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Preston is a slaver. United only scored 32 goals in the league all season the lowest in the Premiership. Their owner vaued Shankland at £3m+ a few months ago. He's only got 12 months left so he's probably only really worth £500k at very most.

Not even 500k. 

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You have to give some credit to Hughes.  Rock bottom of the table on 13 points from 18 when appointed. Finished 39 points and 10th. Some turnaround.  

Reading that, anyone would think it was possible to take over a team that is a mess mid-season and actually improve a team's league placing. That will come as a shock to many on here.

Hope and expect Killie to beat Dundee, but if Killie do go down I can't say I'll be upset. Their pies might be tasty, but doesn't make up for that pitch (although now I think about it, I seem to recall they had said they were going to replace it with grass this summer).

The Gorgie

Dundees stadium is embarrassing, Killies stadium is respectable but their pitch is embarrassing. Both have about 16 fans, but that Gordon fella is a roaster and would be funny to see him fuming. Think Lafferty will do the business and keep them up.

I don't like dungdee much but tbh we seem to have a better record against them (especially at tynecastle) than we do against kilmarnock, for that reason i hope killie go down. Would be good to pump mcjake again next season as well.

7 hours ago, Barack said:

That's actually a barely believable stat. In that time, Hibs, Hearts & Rangers have all dropped out. Admittedly, ours and Rangers' have had extenuating circumstances. Can't help but think, that if the same happened to Kilmarnock, then they'd never get back up. 

Far too reliant on the OF dollar. And Billy Bowden has said he's scaling back his investment too. They should beat Dundee though.

Screenshot_20210516-140348_BBC Sport.jpg

For a time through the 90s they had a better league finishing average than Hibs. Weren’t a bad side in the mid 90s from what I remember, under Blobby.

PS:- I checked. All things considered they had quite an impressive 10 seasons spell from 98 until 07.   

Would love for Killie to go down as well , to see the end of that pitch , the only problem being it would see Dundee comeback up and after that voting escapade last season , not sure if I could suffer that 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pros of Killie going down: Buster Bloodvessel literally doing that, that whiney Killie boy off the Terrace podcast gets a GIRUY and their pitch

Cons: Scumdee come up.

So, er, come on Killie!

Dundee have cost us two league titles.

They can't go down far enough for me and they can can take Albert with them.

They can regret that vote for a very, very long time.

15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is their second relegation play-off, I think. But they have somehow survived so long in the top flight. Only Celtic, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have not been relegated in the last 28 years.

The sheep only survived at the end of the 1999-2000 season due to the league being expanded from 10 to 12. They finished 10th of 10.

Hearts finished 3rd that season. A season in which Rangers just like this year romped the league finishing 21 points head of Celtic in 2nd.

The same points gap as that between 3rd placed Hearts and bottom placed sheep. Hearts had 54 point to the sheep's 33.

Forever Hearts

Good luck to Killie. How any Hearts fan can want Dundee to come up is utterly mind-boggling.  

Maroonblood22
54 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Good luck to Killie. How any Hearts fan can want Dundee to come up is utterly mind-boggling.  

This every day of the week! **** Dundee, **** Nelms and **** your spam box!

Fozzyonthefence
19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is their second relegation play-off, I think. But they have somehow survived so long in the top flight. Only Celtic, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have not been relegated in the last 28 years.

Rangers haven’t been relegated either. 

Arthur Morgan
On 16/05/2021 at 16:44, JackLadd said:

You have to give some credit to Hughes.  Rock bottom of the table on 13 points from 18 when appointed. Finished 39 points and 10th. Some turnaround.  

I like Hughes, good guy.

The Treasurer
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Good luck to Edinburgh City tonight, live on Alba for anyone interested 

Should have added Gary Naismith v Duff Jimmy 

CornhillHearts
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is that fans in the stand ?

City opted not to let fans in, was a bit of a nightmare logistically seemingly. Folk in the stand will be directors, staff and “media”. 

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is that fans in the stand ?

Nah just standing on the outer building of the flats for the bins . Get a good view 😏

Tasavallan

Watching game on Alba.  It is what it is 2 lower league teams with little talent on show.   But it is football and my eldest lad played with City.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Watching game on Alba.  It is what it is 2 lower league teams with little talent on show.   But it is football and my eldest lad played with City.

Why is it on Alba?   Never knew Edinburgh or Dumbarton was Gaelic speaking?!

Maroon Sailor

Used to like standing on that wee mound behind the goal at Ainslie Park. Last time I was there it was blocked off

Maroon Sailor

That was some finish - great view from the camera - right behind it and was in all the way

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Never knew anyone in Scotland spoke it either just a waste. 

My info from inside squad is they back themselves as better on grass. 

So any lead is valuable. Dumbarton no mugs though. 

Maroon Sailor

Good interview with Tony Bullock

He comes across as a genuine down to earth guy. Coming in to the game late probably makes him appreciate his career he had. Been the round the houses and now coaching at Montose.

The Treasurer
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why not. They show OF games on English speaking channels 

Tasavallan

Liam Henderson (No 22)  Is he the ex-Hearts ex-Hutchie lad?

Maroon Sailor

1-1

That was coming

Duffy must have ripped in to them at half-time

Maroon Sailor

Thomson booked

The ref Colin Steven looks familiar - did he ref a Hearts game recently ?

JJ there with Doncaster

true-jambo
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Thomson booked

The ref Colin Steven looks familiar - did he ref a Hearts game recently ?

JJ there with Doncaster

Was it QotS away?