*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

SomethingAboutObua
16 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You’re 100% right. 

I’d say most football fans would watch these games but they’ve obviously decided that we’re only interested in our own teams and the OF games. 

Absolute jokers who don’t understand their customer base. 

Yes, apparently we're all dying to watch 4 Old Firm league games a year plus a likely cup final/semi final or two, but a playoff semi final or quarter final derby between two teams not from Glasgow? Dont be ridiculous. It's like they think fans of other clubs give special attention to the Old Firm's games 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've noticed that Thomas Robert isn't getting a start much at Airdrie now. Shows you the power of a couple of decent performances and the rags spraffing shite.

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

They can beat Hearts. But no Kelty Hearts. 😂😲

Must be the Kelty but thats got them confused so they aren’t performing. Both Kelty and Brora are imo top L2 lower L1 level

BarneyBattles
7 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Yes, apparently we're all dying to watch 4 Old Firm league games a year plus a likely cup final/semi final or two, but a playoff semi final or quarter final derby between two teams not from Glasgow? Dont be ridiculous. It's like they think fans of other clubs give special attention to the Old Firm's games 

I do remember someone in the media saying that the whole of Scotland watches the OF games and everyone knows which team they want to win - it’s the game that everyone looks forward to apparently🥱.  

Yeah it’s cos of the split so they are outside the play offs spots but can’t go any lower as he bottom Half is the relegation side. Peterhead now have more points but can’t go above them

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

D2E12384-70AF-4511-AF98-4449CF0D058A.thumb.png.7942c1e797febfce40bf7b284ab3ea67.png

Can someone explain what the deal is with the league 1 table? :lol:

why are Montrose in their own dotted lines?

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

D2E12384-70AF-4511-AF98-4449CF0D058A.thumb.png.7942c1e797febfce40bf7b284ab3ea67.png

Prob the split between top 5 and bottom 5

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

League split into two after 18 games and they are guaranteed top half. 

Just now, BigAlim said:

Didn’t know they did a split, is that just for the reduced season? Makes sense

Yeah spfl wanted 18 games but the clubs wanted 22 games and this was the option put forward.

Levein saying that Wighton is a really talented boy, but he suffers from inconsistency. 

"when he's really good, he's really really good" but he's done nothing tonight. 

How many times has Wighton been really really good in his career? like twice?

Really talented boy? No, Mbappe is a really talented boy. 

I can’t see Brechin beating Kelty over two legs to survive 😁. If Kelty do it and come up I can see them shooting up the divisions a bit like Cove Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I can’t see Brechin beating Kelty over two legs to survive 😁. If Kelty do it and come up I can see them shooting up the divisions a bit like Cove Rangers. 

Yeah they both have money behind them. Could see them winning league 2 next year

Maroon Sailor

I would take Kelty to beat Brechin but I'm sure Brechin will have something up their sleeve to wangle it in their favour

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah they both have money behind them. Could see them winning league 2 next year

I was saying this to my friend the other day and I think I posted it here . There is teams in the lowland league who will have more money behind them and a bigger fan base than some teams even playing in the championship in Scotland 

Kelty have a brilliant set up 

Bonnyrigg 

East Kilbride
Bo’ness United

All lowland league even east of Scotland Linlithgow Rose Camelon they could attract bigger support and would be refreshing to see in the league other than the same usual crap Brechin , Cowdenbeath, Alloa , Arbroath , even Hamilton. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC
Fozzyonthefence
Just now, August Landmesser said:

Falkirk about to FK things up massively. Just dropped out of the playoff spots

Wow, that’s been a spectacular collapse, only taken 1 point from last 5 or 6 games. They were one of the teams shafted last season as well, bit of a shocker if they get pipped by part time Montrose!

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

My word, its mad that team that look the best team in the league for so long will miss out on even the play-offs. A bit annoyed as they were one of the good ones in that league.

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

They have ****ed it alright.    Airdrie take second from Cove :laugh:

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

2nd Airdrie goal kills it for Falkirk, couple with Montrose winning 3-2 vs Partick. Crazy end to the season. Falkirk led the table only a few weeks ago and have completely capitulated.

Down at the other end too, Dumbarton scored a last minute winner against Peterhead to give them a big hand in their quest for survival. Clyde play East Fife in the rescheduled game from last week, on Thursday. Clyde need to win by 2 clear goals or it's the playoffs for them.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Down at the other end too, Dumbarton scored a last minute winner against Peterhead to give them a big hand in their quest for survival. Clyde play East Fife in the rescheduled game from last week, on Thursday. Clyde need to win by 2 clear goals or it's the playoffs for them.

Clyde only need to win as they’re only 2 points behind Dumbarton.  

Put me out of my misery somebody. In a ten team league how come there were 22 games played in leagues 1 & 2? I must have missed something along the way in this 5h1t season

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Massive implosion complete - they were top with about 7 games to go and have picked up 1 point since. 

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Put me out of my misery somebody. In a ten team league how come there were 22 games played in leagues 1 & 2? I must have missed something along the way in this 5h1t season

top 5 bottom 5 split after 18 games due to truncated season

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I would take Kelty to beat Brechin but I'm sure Brechin will have something up their sleeve to wangle it in their favour

A referee on loan from the Old Firm for the night?

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Clyde only need to win as they’re only 2 points behind Dumbarton.  

Right enough. I was getting a bit confused with the live table.

Hopefully whoever comes 9th is relegated by Edinburgh City or Stranraer. Either Jim Duffy's Dumbarton or Danny Lennon's Clyde. Either would do.

Edited by Locky
Fozzyonthefence

Just noticed that Nathan Paterson has been listed as one of the nominees for Scottish Football Writers Young Player of the Year.  What a joke - he’s only made 7 first team appearances!  Says it all about the Scottish football media. 

Montrose have just jumped over Falkirk into a play off place. But if East Fife take at least a point on Thursday against Clyde they will go into the play offs at the expense of Montrose! 

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Montrose have just jumped over Falkirk into a play off place. But if East Fife take at least a point on Thursday against Clyde they will go into the play offs at the expense of Montrose! 

Don't think they can, can they? The leagues have split in 2 like the Premiership, due to the condensed season. So my interpretation would be that East Fife can't finish higher than 6th regardless of points.

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

nope falkirk finish 5th nothing can change that

Niemi’s gloves

Falkirk fail to even make the play offs from League One. And just a couple of days ago, someone was trying to argue that the absence of Falkirk from the Championship helped to prove that this season’s Championship was “the weakest ever”.

😂😂

Edited by Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Yeah they can’t as in the relegation half. Like the top league split where teams in bottom half can’t take over top 6 no matter if more points or not 

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Don't think they can, can they? The leagues have split in 2 like the Premiership, due to the condensed season. So my interpretation would be that East Fife can't finish higher than 6th regardless of points.

Aah fair enough. Forgot about the split. Great night for Montrose then. 

2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Aah fair enough. Forgot about the split. Great night for Montrose then. 

Definitely. Would be some achievement for them to get to the Championship. Quite happily see Morton go down and Airdrie stay down. Not entirely keen on Cove going up either but Sir Paul is in charge so good on him if they do.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just noticed that Nathan Paterson has been listed as one of the nominees for Scottish Football Writers Young Player of the Year.  What a joke - he’s only made 7 first team appearances!  Says it all about the Scottish football media. 

He was getting touted in some places as worth a place in the Scotland squad for the Euros. I think of those 7 games he’s only started about 3 of them. 

15 hours ago, merrymac said:

A referee on loan from the Old Firm for the night?

A team of 11 trialists 😉

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

He was getting touted in some places as worth a place in the Scotland squad for the Euros. I think of those 7 games he’s only started about 3 of them. 

Iv seen little of rangers this year so assumed hed played a lot as all Iv heard is his name as the player to sign for us , the player that should be in the Euros squad and the player that was involved in the covid thing