*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Winning the league = wretched season

Cool

Beat by Alloa and Brora Rangers = wretched season. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Beat by Alloa and Brora Rangers = wretched season. 

So 2 matches = wretched season now

Right o.k

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We won a diddy league against posties and plumbers and still managed to struggle in a lot of the games. We got put out of the cups by Alloa and Brora, with Brora being the worst result in our history. I would say that was wretched.  

You’re first two words are all that matter. 

It’s the same diddy league with posties and plumbers that Rangers took two seasons to get out of, Hibs three and Dundee Utd four. 

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Right o.k

But you know fine well the Brora game was anything but a simple defeat. Still, there's people on here trying to paint this out of history : that game was the tipping point. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But you know fine well the Brora game was anything but a simple defeat. Still, there's people on here trying to paint this out of history : that game was the tipping point. 

Maybe John Souttar and Peter Haring returning to form is the tipping point. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe John Souttar and Peter Haring returning to form is the tipping point. 

Hearts didn't need those guys to beat Brora. 

34 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I would say wretched for a lot of us considering the league we were in.

About 6 games all season were really enjoyable, the others just got us over the line or embarrassed on national television.  

It was wretched. 

You can’t call a season where you win the league you were in ‘wretched’ 

However there were plenty of wretched performances in the 30 odd games we played versus around 10 decent performances. We had an unforgivable result at Brora and one almost as bad at Alloa. Another two to add to Neilson’s list of shame.

Weve done nothing to promote youth players into the team. I believe academy prospects had a total of 97 minutes between them all the whole season.

We’re not fit enough. We’re not motivated enough. We’re not strong mentally and we’re not ambitious and expansive enough and we’re going to get seriously found out next season unless we can change all of those things.

This season was a given that we’d win it comfortably. We did that but in a far from impressive manner.it wasn’t wretched, just totally uninspiring

Edited by JimmyCant

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Who's painting it out ?

We had to get back to the Premiership and we did so how the feck can that be considered as a wretched season ?

Most points

Most wins

Least defeats

Most goals scored

Least goals conceded

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Right o.k

The worst result in our history. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Who's painting it out ?

We had to get back to the Premiership and we did so how the feck can that be considered as a wretched season ?

Most points

Most wins

Least defeats

Most goals scored

Least goals conceded

Against utter dross.  

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Against utter dross.  

You can say that about the whole of Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The worst result in our history. 

No

Losing to Kilmarnock and Dundee last games of season are far worse results than 2nd round of Scottish Cup 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can say that about the whole of Scottish Football

Correct. Apart from Rangers who impressed in Europe this season. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

No

Losing to Kilmarnock and Dundee last games of season are far worse results than 2nd round of Scottish Cup 

Garbage. 

manaliveits105

Boyle left out today so he could go to the Commie Pool high board and practice for the final 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

It was the most embarrassing  result in the clubs history. Beaten by a village team that had played 3 games all season & hadn't even trained for months.  

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

It was the most embarrassing  result in the clubs history. Beaten by a village team that had played 3 games all season & hadn't even trained for months.  

You carry on letting it annoy you if you like. 

I'm more unhappy we blew 2 league titles. 

davemclaren
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Certainly the worst competitive Hearts result since the game went professional, as far as I know. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You carry on letting it annoy you if you like. 

I'm more unhappy we blew 2 league titles. 

Worst ever result but blowing a title on the last day, and losing some cup semis and finals, took longer for me to bounce back psychologically. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

There’s no real shame or embarrassment attached to ether of those individual results. One was to a very close title contender, the other was against a bogey team (at that time) going for European football. Sorrow, sadness, even despair and a bad impact but nowhere near a Brora or a Birkirkara in terms of shamefulness and embarrassment. Both sackable results in their own right in my opinion.

Edited by JimmyCant

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Worst ever result but blowing a title on the last day, and losing some cup semis and finals, took longer for me to bounce back psychologically. 

But Brora was worse?

Interesting way to deal with life.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Was there any point in Aberdeen turning up today ?

Hoped they would.

Rangers have finished with a 100% home record. Last club to achieve that was Hearts in 1903/04.

Just a wee footnote in Scottish football history but...

Add midweek v. Hibs and Aberdeen have been a big feckin disappointment the last few days.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

I was over Brora within a day or two.

Do folk really get scarred by football results? 

Yip. Dens Park and the penalties at Hampden in the Scottish Cup final will always haunt me. 

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

I was over Brora within a day or two.

Do folk really get scarred by football results? 

It’s commonplace for football fans not to like their team getting beat. Generally the worse the opposition is the more irate they get about it and the longer they bang on about it. Surprised you don’t know this. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But Brora was worse?

Interesting way to deal with life.

It was undoubtedly the worse Hearts result ever. Not the worse outcome as we’ve been knocked out of cups before. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It was undoubtedly the worse Hearts result ever. Not the worse outcome as we’ve been knocked out of cups before. 

In relative terms which is how you live your life. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s commonplace for football fans not to like their team getting beat. Generally the worse the opposition is the more irate they get about it and the longer they bang on about it. Surprised you don’t know this. 

It’s a bit worrying some miss the point.  Results are a constant, certainly significant ones, they’re part of your history and can affect what the next move is, what the response will be from your club and how they perceive what the reaction should be to improve the future. 

I’ve never known the old firm to brush off or sweep under the carpet results they view as totally unacceptable when matching up and considering everything into the bargain. They tend not to risk another so soon afterwards and make/take the big decisions, whether delayed or on the spot. But you tend not to survive. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s a bit worrying some miss the point.  Results are a constant, certainly significant ones, they’re part of your history and can affect what the next move is, what the response will be from your club and how they perceive what the reaction should be to improve the future. 

I’ve never known the old firm to brush off or sweep under the carpet results they view as totally unacceptable when matching up and considering everything into the bargain. They tend not to risk another so soon afterwards and make/take the big decisions, whether delayed or on the spot. But you tend not to survive. 

Not talking about the poster I replied to earlier but I think it stems back to Ann saving the club. Some fans will accept and defend any level of failure as long as it’s Ann’s failure. No depths are too low for them, no bad decision quite bad enough, any and every poor result instantly played down and defended. 

Edited by GinRummy

54 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hoped they would.

Rangers have finished with a 100% home record. Last club to achieve that was Hearts in 1903/04.

Just a wee footnote in Scottish football history but...

Add midweek v. Hibs and Aberdeen have been a big feckin disappointment the last few days.

Not a bad achievement for a club formed lesss than a decade ago to be fair....

SectionDJambo

It’s probably fair to say that losing to Brora was the most embarrassing defeat in my lifetime of supporting Hearts. Even more than 01/01/73, which we’ve since more than made up for.

However, Kilmarnock in 1965 and Dundee in 1986 have to be the most disappointing due to the prizes lost on those days.

As others have said, we’ve had more than a few bad cup semi final defeats, which seemed worse than losing a final in a strange way. Airdrie twice, and St Mirren because of the opportunities we had and Celtic because of the way we lost. But the Beattie blew the Celtic result off the regret list.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s probably fair to say that losing to Brora was the most embarrassing defeat in my lifetime of supporting Hearts. Even more than 01/01/73, which we’ve since more than made up for.

However, Kilmarnock in 1965 and Dundee in 1986 have to be the most disappointing due to the prizes lost on those days.

As others have said, we’ve had more than a few bad cup semi final defeats, which seemed worse than losing a final in a strange way. Airdrie twice, and St Mirren because of the opportunities we had and Celtic because of the way we lost. But the Beattie blew the Celtic result off the regret list.

The Celtic defeat in the 1988 semi was utterly gut wrenching.  

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Celtic defeat in the 1988 semi was utterly gut wrenching.  

Aye, it was gut wrenching. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Aye, it was gut wrenching. 

Celtic gave us so many kicks in the privates with last minute goals in the mid to late 80s. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Celtic gave us so many kicks in the privates with last minute goals in the mid to late 80s. 

At the end of the 88 final I just stood staring into space wondering what I had just witnessed. 🥺

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not talking about the poster I replied to earlier but I think it stems back to Ann saving the club. Some fans will accept and defend any level of failure as long as it’s Ann’s failure. No depths are too low for them, no bad decision quite bad enough, any and every poor result instantly played down and defended. 

Don't think anyone accepts failure and no one has played down how bad a result Brora was

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't think anyone accepts failure and no one has played down how bad a result Brora was

Then you’re wrong. The Brora result has been accepted by club and some fans, it’s the biggest one of failure anyone can remember. It was very quickly put to one side and glossed over by many on here because of the glorious achievement of winning the championship. 

lost in space

Bobby Zlamal just given MoM for today - ensuring St Johnstone in Europe.

Add to the list of players who were crap for us but good for other teams - Roberts, Callaghan, Mcghee etc

Just now, lost in space said:

Add to the list of players who were crap for us but good for other teams - Roberts, Callaghan, Mcghee etc

Aye because he was so good last week for them. 

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

That was a blip.

Going by his loan spell at St Mirren as well it was today that was a blip. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Roberts did fine for us early then dipped like most of the team. Callachan did the job for us that we needed him for. McGhee had a very decent career with us.