Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Tomorrow at Midnight. Clubs can still sign players after the dealine though who are out of contract.

Cheers bud

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is this an educated guess or do you have insider info on this?

It was a Robbie update a few days ago

48 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Hearts are without Liam Boyce and Michael Smith for their first three games. Craig Wighton set to deputise up front and Ben Garuccio should return. League 1 & League 2 teams chasing Cammy Logan on loan.

3 games? Why 3?

Surely back for Dundee on the Friday night? NI play on the Tuesday 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

3 games? Why 3?

Our first 3 games are Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Raith. They'll be back for the Dundee game.

50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is this an educated guess or do you have insider info on this?

RN said it in his last interview

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

3 games? Why 3?

NI play a game on Wednesday before the Dundee game so they will be back in time but very tight.

Inverness

Cowdenbeath

Raith Rovers 

All before the Dundee game.

Sorry just saw the post above with the same info.

Edited by wavydavy

SomethingAboutObua

Priority number one has to be a CB, on loan at least. We only have 2 RBs and 2 CDMs, 1 if we dump Damour and I still think Brandon's not good enough, it's not smart to rely on other positions that we have the minimum number of players of to cover for 3 out of 4 of our most injury prone players. We don't need a new striker, we're only playing one up front and we have 3 CFs plus Walker already. 

Still don't see the need for ANOTHER LB when we've got 2 plus Halliday, who all play the same utility left side role. Would rather we actually gave Garuccio the opportunity. 

Hope we move on Damour and assume White has to be going if we are going for Kingsley. 

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

NI play a game on Wednesday before the Dundee game so they will be back in time but very tight.

Inverness

Cowdenbeath

Raith Rovers 

Could you see either of the Uglies agreeing to play two days after any of their mob played an international. 

I hope that if either plays it's coming on as a sub with 20 mins to go.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

3 games in 6 days, 24 hours recovery, & a game on Friday night...they might play, but I doubt they'll start. Boyce more than Smith. Can cover him easier than Smith.

Would rather rest them both quite honestly.

Neither of them are likely to start all three NI games. 

Decided to have a wee look on transfermarket to see if there were any interesting strikers we might be looking at. Absolutely nothing jumping out. Sow is obviously available and considering anyone we're likely to be looking at will likely be playing 2nd fiddle to Boyce & Naismith . Yes, his injury record is cause for deep concern, but we're not signing an improvement to Boyce, we're signing cover/ an alternative option. Certainly worth considering on that basis, but can't say I'm hugely awed by the prospect tbh.

Bradford Jamieson definitely sounds like someone who could be on our radar. Wikipedia has him playing in Denmark last year. So it could be that he's trying to build a career in Europe. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good to know, when I mentioned that he was never going to be tall or strong enough to play CH all and sundry said I was talking nonsense and Neilson would give him a chance this season. Hope he excels in this new position. 

I think we desperately need one more striker. Don’t think we can rely on just Wighton if Boyce picks up injuries or suspensions, or goes on international duty.

If we’re after Kingsley I’d imagine White will leave then. Garuccio, White and Halliday feels like we’re covered at left back.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It's true.

Baraclough's side began this Nations League series with a 1-1 draw in Romania, but were then beaten 5-1 at home by Norway.

Northern Ireland squad: Goalkeepers: Bailey Peacock-Farrell (Burnley), Michael McGovern (Norwich City), Trevor Carson (Motherwell).

Defenders: Jonathan Evans (Leicester City), Craig Cathcart (Watford), Stuart Dallas (Leeds United), Shane Ferguson (Millwall), Conor McLaughlin (Sunderland), Jamal Lewis (Newcastle United), Michael Smith (Heart of Midlothian), Tom Flanagan (Sunderland), Daniel Ballard (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Steven Davis (Rangers), Corry Evans (Blackburn Rovers), Niall McGinn (Aberdeen), Patrick McNair (Middlesbrough), George Saville (Middlesbrough), Gavin Whyte (Cardiff City), Jordan Jones (Rangers), Jordan Thompson (Stoke City), Joel Cooper (Oxford United), Alistair McCann (St Johnstone).

Forwards: Kyle Lafferty (Reggina), Josh Magennis (Hull City), Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic), Liam Boyce (Heart of Midlothian).

I meant if true Wighton is scheduled to be the one to deputise - that it doesn’t look like we’re signing a striker by Tuesday

Clerry Jambo
Kingsley is still a possibility. They'd like a deal done before the transfer deadline but it's not essential since he's a free agent. Would likely need someone to leave to free up space/wages. Another striker not ruled out but, again, could be a free agent signed after deadline.

20 minutes ago, Rods said:

If we don’t get a striker in you would hope Naismith is being told we don’t need a midfielder we need a striker. 

Think we need a striker in.

But as you say, Naismith needs played in that position,  unless RN has somebody lined up, because we are definitely thin on the ground up top.

We are also looking threadbare at CB ! 

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, Rods said:

If we don’t get a striker in you would hope Naismith is being told we don’t need a midfielder we need a striker. 

I don’t understand this post, hopefully we aren’t suggesting naisy in midfield because he was hopeless there last year.. completely ineffective 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t understand this post, hopefully we aren’t suggesting naisy in midfield because he was hopeless there last year.. completely ineffective 

I think Naismith is being talked about as an attacking midfielder not as a striker maybe I picked this up wrong. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think Naismith is being talked about as an attacking midfielder not as a striker maybe I picked this up wrong. 

Always has been 

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Could you see either of the Uglies agreeing to play two days after any of their mob played an international. 

I hope that if either plays it's coming on as a sub with 20 mins to go.

They would never be asked because we all know the answer.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I meant if true Wighton is scheduled to be the one to deputise - that it doesn’t look like we’re signing a striker by Tuesday

Even if we do sign one before then would he be fit to play anyway?

rudi must stay

Lee Miller's article is full of speculative and hopeful wording. (Look up Stephen Kingsley on google) I think he'll be a Hearts player soon 

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lee Miller's article is full of speculative and hopeful wording. (Look up Stephen Kingsley on google) I think he'll be a Hearts player soon 

Looking at the Lee Miller article on Google it sounds more like he is hoping he will sign for Falkirk as he has been trasining with them and played a couple of bounce games.

I think he is being rather tongue in cheek about it but you never know.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Got to travel. 

20201004_134904.jpg

ahh apologies I thought they played on Tuesday night 

I still think they will play tbh 👍

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Inverness

Cowdenbeath

Raith Rovers 

FFS I’m having a mare

Didnt realise we’re playing Cowdenbeath on Sat 10th 🤦‍♂️

so it’s 3 betfred games they miss 😀

I thought Internationals were played between Thursday and Tuesday, why the **** are they playing Wednesday?

Captain Canada
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Hearts are without Liam Boyce and Michael Smith for their first three games. Craig Wighton set to deputise up front and Ben Garuccio should return. League 1 & League 2 teams chasing Cammy Logan on loan.

Might be tricky to play Smith at CB now!

Gordon

Brandon

Halkett

Popescu

Garuccio

Ginnelly

Lee

Irving

Roberts

Naismith

Wighton

give Halliday and Haring some minutes under their belts here and there and still got Walker and Frear to mix it up

Hungry hippo
32 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon

Brandon

Halkett

Popescu

Garuccio

Ginnelly

Lee

Irving

Roberts

Naismith

Wighton

give Halliday and Haring some minutes under their belts here and there and still got Walker and Frear to mix it up

I think it will be Walker instead of Naismith. Possibly also Frear rather than Ginnelly.

31 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think it will be Walker instead of Naismith. Possibly also Frear rather than Ginnelly.

Tend to agree. Walker been a stand out in pre-season. Expecting around 12 goals at least from him this season. Naismith as usual will need eased back in. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon

Brandon

Halkett

Popescu

Garuccio

Ginnelly

Lee

Irving

Roberts

Naismith

Wighton

Walker’s looking like our best source of goals. Has to start as AM

2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Admittedly I’ve only seen Frear the once but he didn’t appear the strongest. Roberts impressed me more

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Walker’s looking like our best source of goals. Has to start as AM

Walkers on fire and probably first name on the team sheet at the moment. 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon

Brandon

Halkett

Popescu

Garuccio

Ginnelly

Lee

Irving

Roberts

Naismith

Wighton

Won’t be far off but would be far happier with Boyce, Smith, Walker, Haring, Halliday and Berra available.. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Won’t be far off but would be far happier with Boyce, Smith, Walker, Haring, Halliday and Berra available.. 

Berra ?.?

In an ideal world which we will attempt we get 2/3 in and 4/5 out, in reality we will settle for 1 in and 3/4 out then bring in another one or two on a free. We will attempt to make it a busy one tomorrow let’s just hope it’s a good one 👍🏻

Two out injured.  Two on international duty.  Is there any chance a Hearts manager will ever again have a full squad to pick from?

A controversial suggestion but it looks like Paul McMullan is set to be released by Dundee Utd and with Neilson knowing the player well, I wonder if he'd be worth a 1 year deal as a rotational player for us. He was one of Dundee Utd key players in their fight for promotion last season.

Lot of responsibility of Wighton’s shoulders. At least they’re a bit broader now. Can’t say I’m particularly confident of convincing victories. Just need Naismith to get injured now, and that’s us back to being threadbare. 😐

On 03/10/2020 at 15:48, DC_92 said:

I see Greg Leigh (left-back who was on loan at Aberdeen last season) has left NAC Breda.

He's probably more likely to end up back at Aberdeen or in England, but he could be a decent alternative to Kingsley if he's interested.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hibs-deadline-day-live-hibs-complete-signing-hearts-interest-scotland-international-latest-around-spfl-2992490

I notice the EEN live transfer blog has a bullet point mentioning our interest, but no accompanying story, as there is with the other bullet points.

• Transfer deadline day - window closes at midnight
  • Celtic to sign left-back
  • Rangers eye midfielder
  • Hibs to sign Magennis
  • Hearts interest in Leigh

The Daily Record are reporting that he's about to sign for Aberdeen (unsurprisingly), so my best guess is that they reported our interest but then deleted the story given that it's not happening, but forgot to delete the bullet point.

Edited by DC_92

11 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

A controversial suggestion but it looks like Paul McMullan is set to be released by Dundee Utd and with Neilson knowing the player well, I wonder if he'd be worth a 1 year deal as a rotational player for us. He was one of Dundee Utd key players in their fight for promotion last season.

Always liked his workrate.Busy hardworking with his fair share of goals.

Heartsofgold
11 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Lot of responsibility of Wighton’s shoulders. At least they’re a bit broader now. Can’t say I’m particularly confident of convincing victories. Just need Naismith to get injured now, and that’s us back to being threadbare. 😐

I wasn't convinced of this back in 2015 either but that turned out fine.  I think we will see some hammerings handed out to the other Championship clubs this season.

15 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I wasn't convinced of this back in 2015 either but that turned out fine.  I think we will see some hammerings handed out to the other Championship clubs this season.

I hope so, and with a fully fit first eleven it’s pretty much a certainty. It’s just the question mark players that I’m a bit unsure of relying too heavily on:

Wighton 

Walker

If these two have turned a corner and produce the goods regularly, then we will be absolutely fine. If they haven’t, then we are an injury to each of Boyce and Naismith away from being insipid and lacklustre in attack.

Early sign are promising though, so hopefully they keep it up.