Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Somebody who I presume is a family member has posted a pic oh him at new stadium on hearts twitter, says he needed out of Scotland not just hearts !!

Looks like his dad or uncle. In fairness, his physical stature tells you the Spanish style would probably suit him. 

Good luck to him.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, benny said:

The stupid decision to send him out on loan to Motherwell had a bigger impact.

He was doing great and for some reason Vlad wanted him to go out on loan 2006/07 season.

He definitely was the young player who probably suffered the most through Vlad and the constant manager changes just as he was breaking through. I remember one game vs Celtic where he was outstanding leading the line. Thought he had a real future at the time.

BackOfTheNet

McDonald’s style could be strongly developed in Spain. If he works hard and gets a couple of breaks and a string of decent form he could be one or two moves away from doing well for himself. I’m hoping we’ve inserted a wee sell on clause again.

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Slightly less impact but Connor Smith was excellent at Easter Road when thrown in and barely seen again. 

We seem to struggle to transition players into the first team. At the very least we should be able to develop squad players - not everyone had to be the new Robbie or Rudi. I would settle for the next Wayne Foster. 

Think Ann Budge spoke about this issue and said the club are looking at it in more of a wholistic way going forward

3 minutes ago, benny said:

The stupid decision to send him out on loan to Motherwell had a bigger impact.

He was doing great and for some reason Vlad wanted him to go out on loan 2006/07 season.

Vlad wanted to promote Jamie Mole..........

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As far as I know MacDonald was a first team squad player not a youth player anymore. We're operating with a very tight squad for the foreseeable so maybe creating a spot for a new player or a youngster to step into was the preference, and maybe he wanted away to get more first team football. Who knows, but all we have to go on is one or two promising first team cameos and people saying how great he is. He didn't even do that well in the lower leagues on loan it seems, unlike others who progressed to the first team. I don't know how anyone can say with confidence whether or not this is a mistake to let him leave.

Whether he was a first team squad member or not, he wasn’t an established team player and came through the academy so I don’t follow your point. If there was no room for him in the current squad then get him out on loan.

He got injured during both loan spells so very tough to judge him on that. At ICT he was getting rave reviews before his injury

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Whether he was a first team squad member or not, he wasn’t an established team player and came through the academy so I don’t follow your point. If there was no room for him in the current squad then get him out on loan.

He got injured during both loan spells so very tough to judge him on that. At ICT he was getting rave reviews before his injury

The point is we might need the space. A loan is an option but it sounds like he got a great opportunity and we didn't stand in his way. We may also have got some money for him. Time will tell if he makes it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Jamie was another who was a very good youth and reserve player.

Looked decent as well in his first couple of first team games.

Glamorgan Jambo

Best of luck to Anthony on his move. Delighted to see him going abroad. Will bring him on as a player and a person.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Henderson, Moore, Logan, Stone, will all be involved at some point this coming season I’d think possibly one or two other graduates as well. 

Berra, Walker and Gordon 🤔?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Think the poster was talking about recent academy graduates not ancient ones. 
Add Robbie to your list as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its a fair point. But you forgot Neilson 

48 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'll go for Ramkilde on loan, that's my punt.

Superb punt if this happens 😂 what a random suggestion lol.

Knowing our luck it'll be Niklas Bendtner. 

6 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Danish artist, Bradford Jamieson IV last played in Denmark 👀

Always posts that when he hears/thinks we're about to sign someone. Don't read into it lol.

Aussie Jambo

Any new players? Saw on social media that we may have 2 new signings soon. Any truth in it or is the same old speculation shite?

tenor.gif

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I think he has more potential than both. 

Perhaps the coaching staff know something you don’t? Based upon watching him in training every day and speaking to him regularly (and his dad...)

Guest ToqueJambo

I think he has more potential than both. 

I hope he makes it but what has he actually done in the first team for people to say that? If we're comparing him to other players, at least Moore had very good games in wins against Rangers and Hibs last season.

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Perhaps the coaching staff know something you don’t? Based upon watching him in training every day and speaking to him regularly (and his dad...)

Probably. 

Sorry ill stop giving my opinion and just assume every decision hearts make is correct. 

Byyy The Light

Disappointed he’s away. Hoped he’d kick on.

My pipe dream for Scottish football is still for there to be no club run academies and regional performance schools and academies instead. All delivered by a world class coaching system. Then a draft system put in place to distribute the talent amongst clubs.

Will never happen in a million years for many reasons but it’s a nice day dream now and again.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hope he makes it but what has he actually done in the first team for people to say that? If we're comparing him to other players, at least Moore had very good games in wins against Rangers and Hibs last season.

I like the fact that when Mcdonald gets the ball he has an idea of what he's going to do next. I don't get that with Henderson and Moore. 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Probably. 

Sorry ill stop giving my opinion and just assume every decision hearts make is correct. 

Not at all mate. Opinions are the purpose of this place, didn’t mean to stifle yours 👍🏻

I just find it odd saying a player has more potential when they haven’t really shown it. Not sure if what you mean is that he has more natural ability in which case I agree. No point in ability though if you don’t have the work rate, attitude and guts to go with it.

Edited by Alex Kintner

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Disappointed he’s away. Hoped he’d kick on.

My pipe dream for Scottish football is still for there to be no club run academies and regional performance schools and academies instead. All delivered by a world class coaching system. Then a draft system put in place to distribute the talent amongst clubs.

Will never happen in a million years for many reasons but it’s a nice day dream now and again.

I like the idea of a draft in terms of having a more competitive league in general but I actually think it would disadvantage us. Being able to develop our own players is our main hope of competing. A salary cap on the other hand - would be all over that. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Disappointed at McDonald being let go because thought he had lots to offer 

You're not the only one, he always looked so composed on the ball.   

But he's not got anywhere near the first team these last couple of yrs, maybe not all his fault though. 

Hopefully Logan, McGill etc can make the breakthrough soon enough 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not at all mate. Opinions are the purpose of this place, didn’t mean to stifle yours 👍🏻

I just find it odd saying a player has more potential when they haven’t really shown it. Not sure if what you mean is that he has more natural ability in which case I agree. No point in ability though if you don’t have the work rate, attitude and guts to go with it.

Natural ability is a better way of wording it. 

I'd say there would be more worth in persisting with Mcdonald than Henderson or Moore. 

But as you say, there may be more too it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I like the fact that when Mcdonald gets the ball he has an idea of what he's going to do next. I don't get that with Henderson and Moore. 

I've been impressed with the composure and technical ability of all the players in the age groups below Moore, including Henderson and MacDonald. Moore and Henderson both signed new contracts. Maybe MacDonald rejected one, we don't know. Moore and Henderson haven't really been involved under Neilson so far. They might just be more experienced back-up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like the idea of a draft in terms of having a more competitive league in general but I actually think it would disadvantage us. Being able to develop our own players is our main hope of competing. A salary cap on the other hand - would be all over that. 

I just don’t think we’ll ever get a return on investment. Power is all with the players, first sniff and they’ll be away.

Look at Kerr Smith at Dundee Utd. Villa all

over him as soon as he turns 16. It’s great young Scottish players are starting to get noticed but it’s because they are cheap.

Its a topic I find really interesting. Not for this thread though. Off topic enough already. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've been impressed with the composure and technical ability of all the players in the age groups below Moore, including Henderson and MacDonald. Moore and Henderson both signed new contracts. Maybe MacDonald rejected one, we don't know.

I just think we always struggle to get the most out of the more technical players we produce. I hope we don't make the same mistake with Irving. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think the poster was talking about recent academy graduates not ancient ones. 
Add Robbie to your list as well. 

Don’t remind me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

I just don’t think we’ll ever get a return on investment. Power is all with the players, first sniff and they’ll be away.

Look at Kerr Smith at Dundee Utd. Villa all

over him as soon as he turns 16. It’s great young Scottish players are starting to get noticed but it’s because they are cheap.

Its a topic I find really interesting. Not for this thread though. Off topic enough already. 

Some definitely. For every Gilmour there are loads who end up back up the road without playing first team football at the big team that signed them though. Hickey showed that what some youngsters want is maybe a pathway to the first team and they'll choose that over moving to a glamour club offering more money. It sounds like we're planning to try to improve on that from what Budge and Neilson have been saying to make sure what happened last season with all the signings and the bloated squad doesn't happen again.

The problem is we have a Mickey Mouse league full of plastic pitches and hatchetmen and run by idiots . I can see why decent youngsters want to get their football education elsewhere. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I just think we always struggle to get the most out of the more technical players we produce. I hope we don't make the same mistake with Irving. 

I think that's a Scottish football problem to be honest. Could be one reason why Hickey chose Bologna over Celtic.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Bit of a letdown if true was still hopeful of a new face or two tonight. Still more than  enough to win league

1 minute ago, Goodfella said:

Hearts say concluded business this window. No more exits or incomings by the sound of it according to Ross Pilcher on Twitter 

Surprising, had heard more than one club after Cochrane. 

RustyRightPeg

If that is our business done I'll give it an 8/10 based on positions filled and our outgoings.

We generated a fair bit of cash from our outgoings and definitely addressed our needs in wide areas. 

Geordie Jambo
1 minute ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Bit of a letdown if true was still hopeful of a new face or two tonight. Still more than  enough to win league

All because the wage thief Damour would not leave