Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, Robdawg said:

Anthony McDonald off to Spain 

Interesting. This does look like it could be the case based on his latest insta story. Unless he has just randomly posted about being bored on a Monday night. 

Hopefully a loan but doesn’t seem to have been fancied for a while now.

Edit: Also wearing shorts in that insta story. The plot thickens.

Edited by jblair182

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Good update from The Scotsman:

Hearts deadline day Q&A:

Q: What’s the latest with Stephen Kingsley?

A: It’s a waiting game for both parties. Hearts need to balance the books and get somebody out before they can bring another one in. The player is open to a move to Hearts.

Q: Any plans to loan out players like Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald?

A: They will loan out a few younger players in the next two or three weeks. McDonald is injured at the moment, so he’s in a different position, but like Cochrane, he is one of the younger players who could be loaned out if they can’t make an impact at first-team level.

Q: Any substance to rumours concerning American striker Bradford Jamieson IV?

A: We’ve put that name to the club and it was a no, but never say never.

Q: Any chance of signing a new striker before the window ends?

A: It’s very unlikely at this stage. Liam Boyce is on international duty so Craig Wighton will start off as the No.9, while Steven Naismith and Jordan Roberts can also fill in there.

Q: Is Jason Cummings on the radar as another striking option?

A: No! This one has cropped up for a few windows now, and it’s same answer every time ...

Q: What chance of Bobby Zlamal leaving permanently?

A: Not at the moment. He is settled with his family in Scotland and spoke in the summer about fighting for his spot at Hearts. He’s unlikely to oust Craig Gordon but believes he has a future at the club.

Q: How bad is Christophe Berra’s injury?

A: He’s due to be back running in the next couple of weeks, but as he’s missed the entire pre-season period, he’s unlikely to feature for the next six weeks.

Q: Do we have any sell-on clauses in the Aaron Hickey deal?

A: Pass! Everything surrounding that deal was kept top secret, although we do know that Hearts were pushing for a number of clauses.

Q: Has Harry Stone been earmarked for a loan move?

A: He will go on loan at some point as Hearts coaching staff want him to experience first-team football before he plays in maroon.

Q: What’s the situation with Loic Damour? He’s barely featured in pre-season …

A: He’s had a niggly ankle injury, so that’s why he hasn’t been involved in pre-season matches.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thanks. Not managing to keep up with every post on all the mega threads and find the EEN website too painful to visit every day.

I'll be interested to hear how he gets on at Dumbarton. Even if it will be hard to make it at Hearts with such a late change of position, it is probably in his best interest if he is going to have a career in football.

Agreed. 

Movement at Tynecastle?

3846cddd-7d90-45d5-98d6-fe7faeb1cc5d.jpg

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

I understand Hearts are still looking to bring in one more signing before tonight's deadline.

See Hibs gave that guy from St Mirren a FIVE year deal. I mean....FIVE years!? I thought we were bad with 3 and 4 year deals.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

See Hibs gave that guy from St Mirren a FIVE year deal. I mean....FIVE years!? I thought we were bad with 3 and 4 year deals.

Spreading the wages right out over 5 years 

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ross must have talked Ron the con into thinking they can sell him down south in 3 years for millions and Ron’s eyes lit up 

No got a clue if guy is any good or not but a 5 year contract is crazy 

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Let’s hope he’s murder

RustyRightPeg
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Let’s hope he’s murder

Sadly he's actually a decent player. One of their better signings in recent times.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, theshed said:

Ross must have talked Ron the con into thinking they can sell him down south in 3 years for millions and Ron’s eyes lit up 

No got a clue if guy is any good or not but a 5 year contract is crazy 

Gordon is certainly exhibiting some classic Romanov traits. Unclear motives and financial dealings, large fees for average players, a strategy of buying and selling players at a profit that is at best "hopeful", not investing in the youth academy, long contracts in the hope of selling on...

Edited by ToqueJambo

Wow. That's a great move for McDonald.

Guess he'll no be going around the Kirkcaldy pubs telling folk how he scored against Cowdenbeath now...

3 minutes ago, gov said:

Screenshot_20201005-205723_Samsung Internet.jpg

Terrible decision letting him leave. Still only 19 and has bags of potential. Could turn out to be a proper player

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

thats a shocker. Really thought he would have been a real player for us

Agree, the only thing he lacked was pace. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite us 

Only 19. Feels like we have let him go too early. Although never sure a player of his style could be allowed to develop in our first team unless he was an exceptional talent. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Terrible decision letting him leave. Still only 19 and has bags of potential. Could turn out to be a proper player

In over 30 years I can't remember a single young player around that age who we let leave (not counting young players we got good fees for) who proved us wrong by having a career above or even at our level. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

44 minutes ago, gov said:

Movement at Tynecastle?

3846cddd-7d90-45d5-98d6-fe7faeb1cc5d.jpg

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

I understand Hearts are still looking to bring in one more signing before tonight's deadline.

This is interesting, because I'd imagine it's probably not Kingsley given that we can sign him any time.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

In over 30 years I can't remember a single young player around that age who we let leave (not clouting young players we got good fees for) who proved us wrong by having a career above or even at our level.

Jason Cummings

FROM HEARTS TO CORDOBA

Anthony McDonald has left Hearts to join Cordoba CF. 

The 19-year-old makes a permanent switch to Spain, signing a two-year deal. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Jason Cummings

He hasn't had a stellar career above our level. Scott Robinson is maybe the only example and he is above us right now more because of us rather than him being a big talent we let slip through our fingers.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thanks. Not managing to keep up with every post on all the mega threads and find the EEN website too painful to visit every day.

I'll be interested to hear how he gets on at Dumbarton. Even if it will be hard to make it at Hearts with such a late change of position, it is probably in his best interest if he is going to have a career in football.

Played a couple of times as defensive midfielder for Scotland U19s last year so its something been talked about for a while. 

Football First has said that will be his best position for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Safe to assume Robbie doesn’t rate him. But sad indeed to see one of our highly rated prospects leave.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In over 30 years I can't remember a single young player around that age who we let leave (not counting young players we got good fees for) who proved us wrong by having a career above or even at our level. 

Probably because we don’t let players

with this much ability leave around this sort of age

Mr Brightside
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Jason Cummings

Good Championship player but not a good Premiership player. Although he scored a few against us he is below the level we want to be and should be at.

kingantti1874

Bar his assist in the 4-0, ive never seen much from Tony.. the odd flash of talent but needs to do far far more.

A move worth the gamble form his perspective, in fact a complete no brainer

5 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Safe to assume Robbie doesn’t rate him. But sad indeed to see one of our highly rated prospects leave.

If Robbie and co don’t think he can contribute significantly in the championship there is no chance he will contribute in top league in 10 months time. Has flattered to deceive at times and has been injured longer than he has been fit. 

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

FROM HEARTS TO CORDOBA

Anthony McDonald has left Hearts to join Cordoba CF. 

The 19-year-old makes a permanent switch to Spain, signing a two-year deal. 

6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

It's the era of buy back clauses. But whatever, good luck to him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Probably because we don’t let players

with this much ability leave around this sort of age

Does he have that much ability? How do we know if he hasn't proven it by now? Loads of young players have great ability but can't make the stop up for temperament or other reasons. Always think Calum Elliot is a great example of that. He was very good as a youngster - came through with Scotland younger age groups with Steven Fletcher and looked the much better player. Also good initially in the first team. Just never seemed to have confidence in his own ability though.

It is always disappointing when youngsters don't make it, but these players come and go. Before him there was Gary Glen, Paul McMullan, Billy King, David Smith, Gary Oliver.. hundreds more over the years... Genuine talent will always come through so if he's good we'll find out.

It's true we seem to have given up on MacDonald earlier than some, unless he wanted to leave for the security of a contract. Could be due to the pandemic and general rationing of contracts. This at least frees up a space for the next in line in a younger age group.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Better for us that he left rather than contributing nothing towards the first team.

McDonald and Cochrane should be knocking at the door but couldn't get a game for a poor Dunfermline last season. 

Other than in flashes MacDonald hasn't really fulfilled his potential. Robbie has had all preseason to watch and judge and we have to trust that judgement as he sees it more than we do 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Since when did Spanish and Italian clubs start scouting and signing Scots? :laugh:

Good move for him, not sure about us though.

Seems to be a real change in the last few years. McDonald isn't even the first Scot in the last month to sign for a Spanish side, Jordan Holsgrove signed for Celta Vigo (though will start off in their B side in the same tier as McDonald, though they feel he is good enough to get to the first team.) McDonald becomes the 4th Scottish player (or Scottish eligible player) in the top three tiers of Spanish football. 

Disappointed to see him leave permanently, he has bags of talent, but I can see Robbie not wanting to use him this season and an oppourtunity coming up like this can be too hard to turn down. I hope he does well and has a cracking time in Spain.