Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet

But aye, a forward/winger named Bradford and a defender still a priority. Should we expect much business by next week’s deadline or will things happen after that? Jamieson without a club can join whenever I suppose.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

4 hours ago, RS86 said:

With us being in the Championship I reckon he'd be considered an exceptional talent for that level vs if we were in the SPFL so it may actually be easier to sign him just now

The Championship IS in the SPFL 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

So this Septic Tank? Anyone got any inside info or is it just a random name. I've learned from bitter experience you can't trust a You Tube video but he looks decent and I'm a softie for them

Highlights from mainly lower tier football in the USA so lets wait and see

Just need to trust the manager and coaches whilst he is training etc but we have our own youngsters already and unless he is a special talent (ahem)  then I'd rather they were part of the squad

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly, I think if you’re here already it’s ok. If it wasn’t the EPL would go down drastically in quality if it was only U.K. players, which UEFA and FIFA view as different countries anyway. Interesting times ahead.

There are lots of loopholes to get round these things. Although it didn't go through Suarez was going to get an Italian passport so he could play in Italy for example 

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But aye, a forward/winger named Bradford and a defender still a priority. Should we expect much business by next week’s deadline or will things happen after that? Jamieson without a club can join whenever I suppose.

Neilson did a lot of business after the window shut in his first spell if I recall. Djoum probably being most successful of them.

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Anyone know what shoe size Andy Irving is? Or how we can find out? 🤷‍♂️

Drop him a DM mate

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Worried he might think I’m a crazy person. 😕

Apparently he's about 8 stone and skinny as **** with matchsticks for legs, so hopefully his feet aren't too big or he won't be able to lift his feet and move. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Apparently he's about 8 stone and skinny as **** with matchsticks for legs, so hopefully his feet aren't too big or he won't be able to lift his feet and move. 

I would rather know for sure though. It’s really important.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

I would rather know for sure though. It’s really important.

Whatever size of shoe he is, it's Craig Leveins fault. That's all I know. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, bazman said:

There are lots of loopholes to get round these things. Although it didn't go through Suarez was going to get an Italian passport so he could play in Italy for example 

It was to not be a foreigner not to play for Italy.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I doubt it will be anything close to 'interesting'. Will probably lead to more youngsters getting a first team game, though.

Whatever floats your boat, it will suit the uglies no matter what.

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Anyone know what shoe size Andy Irving is? Or how we can find out? 🤷‍♂️

Smaller than IQ or his age, if that helps narrow it down?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Smaller than IQ or his age, if that helps narrow it down?

Who's IQ? 😜

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

The Championship IS in the SPFL 

Scottish Premier then or whatever it's called these days. Although I suspect you knew this was what I meant...

5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Scottish Premier then or whatever it's called these days. Although I suspect you knew this was what I meant...

aye 🙂 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Worried he might think I’m a crazy person. 😕

Do it and remove the doubt 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

We tried that last season..

Ssshhh you’re not allowed to mention last season and the L word 🤫

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Craig Levein is living in PFK’s head and it’s not only rent fee but he’s not paying the bills either.

There will be counselling available somewhere to help sort this.

Yeah it’s reality funny what he’s done to the club. Didn’t realise you were one of his fan boys. 

After Brexit foreign non-eu players will be awarded visas based on criteria points awarded on their country's world ranking and the number of caps they have and %age of international games played.  Currently the FA is negotiating with the Foreign Office on behalf of the UK associations but I suspect that while elite players for the EPL will get visas, lower level players will not.

My memory always recalls the SFA's stitch-up of Falkirk over Jason Scotland.

Edited by Tasavallan

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

After Brexit foreign non-eu players will be awarded visas based on criteria points awarded on their country's world ranking and the number of caps they have and %age of international games played.  Currently the FA is negotiating with the Foreign Office on behalf of the UK associations but I suspect that while elite players for the EPL will get visas, lower level players will not.

Was it not Dundee United they stitched up? Then St Johnstone signed him,  Falkirk’s T&T forward; Colin Samuel of a similar time put three past us on the cup.

19 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Was it not Dundee United they stitched up? Then St Johnstone signed him,  Falkirk’s T&T forward; Colin Samuel of a similar time put three past us on the cup.

Was Levein not the manager that day? 

:levein_interesting:

:troll:

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was Levein not the manager that day? 

:levein_interesting:

:troll:

Yep. Samual ripped us apart with his pace. I read somewhere years later that he was actually a decent standard (possibly international/Olympic) 100m sprinter until not long before he joined Falkirk. Read as though he was a good sprinter but was never going to quite be good enough, so someone just tossed a ball in front of him like you would a collie when it’s running at full pelt, and the rest was history.

Edited by Beast Boy

18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yep. Samual ripped us apart with his pace. I read somewhere years later that he was actually a decent standard (possibly international/Olympic) 100m sprinter until not long before he joined Falkirk. Read as though he was a good sprinter but was never going to quite be good enough, so someone just tossed a ball in front of him like you would a collie when it’s running at full pelt, and the rest was history.

I was there. 

Particularly impressive was our high defensive line leaving lots of space for him to run into 👍🏻

Anyway, we drew the second half 0-0 so not all bad 😏

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

yes dundee utd tried to sign him but could not get a work permit. then st johnstone in the second tier signed him. IIRC it was just after he left hamilton and had helped them beat hibs in the playoff and rod the tache was on the panel to decide if he got a work permit.

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yes dundee utd tried to sign him but could not get a work permit. then st johnstone in the second tier signed him. IIRC it was just after he left hamilton and had helped them beat hibs in the playoff and rod the tache was on the panel to decide if he got a work permit.

The decision that went against him signing for Dundee utd was ages before the play off, think Petri was involved iirc.  It was a very sweet case of justice being served cold.

4 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The decision that went against him signing for Dundee utd was ages before the play off, think Petri was involved iirc.  It was a very sweet case of justice being served cold.

cheers i got mixed up. he scored the winner in a scottish cup semi v hibs for dundee united

26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

cheers i got mixed up. he scored the winner in a scottish cup semi v hibs for dundee united

Ah yea! Well remembered 😂 they could make a film of the whole saga

Niemi’s gloves
15 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We were all wrong about Michael O'Neill wanting our NI contingent :laugh:

not sure what you mean here. Both Michael Smith and Liam Boyce are in the NI squad announced this morning and presumably miss the first two league cup games. It will be interesting to see if Cammy Logan features against Partick Thistle today as a possible contender for the right back spot in the LC games.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

It doesn’t sound good for us then unless we can source quality like Oshaniwa 🙈. Goes along with the U.K. governments immigration policies. Now for EU players 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Scotland was stitched up by 5 guys with Hibs connections two months after scoring to beat them in a semi final of the cup. I think he had the last laugh when he played for Hamilton on that wonderful day 25/5/14. 

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

not sure what you mean here. Both Michael Smith and Liam Boyce are in the NI squad announced this morning and presumably miss the first two league cup games. It will be interesting to see if Cammy Logan features against Partick Thistle today as a possible contender for the right back spot in the LC games.

He's means signing Smith for Stoke where O'Neil is manager

Edited by gaza_1986
Typo

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Indeed, and Popescu will need to be thrown in soon too. 
He meant the ridiculous rumour that O’Neill would want Smith for Stoke who frankly need far better quality to get themselves promoted. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, gaza_1986 said:

He's means signing Smith for Stoke where O'Neil is manager

Thanks, I had forgotten that Michael O’Neil was no longer NI manager

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Cammy Logan is also on international duty for the U19s.

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cammy Logan is also on international duty for the U19s.

Thanks for that too. I’m not having a good morning!

Would be great if Logan is good enough to come in and take over from Michael Smith when his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Edited by Batistuta87

42 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not seen Logan play before, is he right or left back? Anyone any info on what kind of full back he is?

Thought he was a left back but not sure based on comments above and have seen him at right back for the Reserves. Playing left back v Partick just now.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would be great if Logan is good enough to come in and take over from Michael Smith when his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Think we'd be daft to let Smith go without a fight. Best defender at the club and should be a mainstay at centre half when he gets older

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Hibs to sign Magennis from St Mirren...bid accepted

Another sell on clause no doubt.  They had to give in eventually.  

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thought he was a left back but not sure based on comments above and have seen him at right back for the Reserves. Playing left back v Partick just now.

He's a right back, he swapped back to the right at halftime.  He looked good 👍 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Hibs to sign Magennis from St Mirren...bid accepted

Have St Mirren basically become a feeder club for Hibs? 🤣