Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

17 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

This.  Robbie rates White highly due to his attitude and versatility.  

How do you know this? Was it in the papers?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

27 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aye, its incredible how he can go from left back to injured left back seamlessly :D 

Seriously though, when White has been able to string a few games together he has looked decent. With the emergence of Hickey he's basically not had a look in. Perhaps this coming season with less games will give him and his body a better chance of going the distance without getting injured. Its hard to see him offering much more than back up LB, especially if we're apparently still after Kingsley. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

My eyes see nothing wrong with Garruccio to be honest 

Ok for the Championship.

Tbh I'd be ensuring we have another central defender in the door. Halkett gets injured and we're really thin back there.

1 hour ago, brux said:

How do you know this? Was it in the papers?

EEN interview with Robbie from a few days ago. Same one where he mentioned White and Damour being out injured.  

16 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

EEN interview with Robbie from a few days ago. Same one where he mentioned White and Damour being out injured.  

👍 I'll look that up

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

The article states we need to get a player out the door before the deadline if we want to sign him. 

Yeah sorry I meant about the Monday deadline. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

My eyes see nothing wrong with Garruccio to be honest 

Me either and I think he would be ok for the Championship, but this is the 3rd manager that doesn’t really fancy him. 

On 02/10/2020 at 01:06, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it’s reality funny what he’s done to the club. Didn’t realise you were one of his fan boys. 

Amazingly a lot of them still about, mainly the hard core who supported him, no matter what, till he was removed

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Amazingly a lot of them still about, mainly the hard core who supported him, no matter what, till he was removed

Hard to admit you’re wrong I suppose, I have frequent experience of that and I’m more used to admitting it than some I guess 😆😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 01/10/2020 at 16:16, soonbe110 said:

A few have worked their socks off on their personal fitness and physique during the lockdown period.  One of them is now playing in Italy. 

it’s not about whether or not they have knocked their socks off - you don’t know the detail. Someone might be working hard as **** and thinking that everything in their life is helping but it wasn’t.

Dont underestimate the impact of Covid on some of the younger players.

I know you know stuff.I know stuff too. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

If he is being consistent he will only be interested in Aidy a White if he is confident he can put in 90 minute performances.

18 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

White might be alright after a decent run in the team in a settled defence. 

Last season our players weren't fit enough. 

I know RN is big on fitness so I'd expect every player to be much more capable and consistent this season. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I know RN is big on fitness so I'd expect every player to be much more capable and consistent this season. 

It’s hard to see how White will ever be fit enough to get a decent run

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s hard to see how White will ever be fit enough to get a decent run

I suppose with White, Walker, Naisy, Soapy when fit and Pete Haring, we need a bit luck as well. 

I see Greg Leigh (left-back who was on loan at Aberdeen last season) has left NAC Breda.

He's probably more likely to end up back at Aberdeen or in England, but he could be a decent alternative to Kingsley if he's interested.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

If they’re as fit as they should be it’ll be a huge advantage against part timers, particularly late in games.

south morocco
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Concerned about forward line if Boyce gets injured time to go and sign Cummings 

Agree we need more options up front, not sure about Cummings tho😃

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Garrucio, Damour White and Lee out. Left back and another forward in. Dreamland!

Would keep Lee but agree about other 3

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would keep Lee but agree about other 3

Lee is awful. A fit Haring, Irving, Haliday all better, Cochrane ? on recent evidence Walker a must. Naismith could also play as the advanced central midfielder. We get Lee off the wage bill and get a striker in, happy days 👍

23 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Lee is awful. A fit Haring, Irving, Haliday all better, Cochrane ? on recent evidence Walker a must. Naismith could also play as the advanced central midfielder. We get Lee off the wage bill and get a striker in, happy days 👍

Robbie already said he expects Lee will be one of our main players this year. He won't be leaving before the window closes 

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Lee's not going anywhere.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
29 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

have you watched any of the recent games? Lee has been a consistent stand out playing incisive passes into the feet of forward players in dangerous areas. He will be huge for us this season.

6 minutes ago, gov said:

Robbie already said he expects Lee will be one of our main players this year. He won't be leaving before the window closes 

I assumed that was just the usual bullshit from a manager that wants to con another gullible manager into signing a total dud, to get him off the wage bill. A bit disappointing as Lee is absolutely ****ing rank rotten. Struggled in both games against Partick.

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

have you watched any of the recent games? Lee has been a consistent stand out playing incisive passes into the feet of forward players in dangerous areas. He will be huge for us this season.

Watched the 1st half on Friday. He was terrible. No surprise when Irving and Walker came on our performance improved dramatically.

south morocco

Lee will be sound , hopefully get another striker and LB in , then sorted. Can’t wait to watch the Hearts again, been 6-7 months 

Would be happy with Kingsley and another forward in, I Suspect there will be 2 or 3 leaving by Monday's deadline aswell?  (Hopefully Damour, White and Wighton) Maybe another youngster or two going out on loan?

I see Mamadou Thiam is out of contact now ? We were linked to him under Stendel, Wonder if robbie would fancy him? Seems to be a different option to what we have and still young at only 25.

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would be happy with Kingsley and another forward in, I Suspect there will be 2 or 3 leaving by Monday's deadline aswell?  (Hopefully Damour, White and Wighton) Maybe another youngster or two going out on loan?

I see Mamadou Thiam is out of contact now ? We were linked to him under Stendel, Wonder if robbie would fancy him? Seems to be a different option to what we have and still young at only 25.

Wighton is going nowhere. Neilson has been impressed with him in preseason

And he’s not praying!

As we’ve seen pre season, Smith to CH will be the back up plan. Haring when fit could also fill in if required. Hopefully neither is required and both are left in their preferred position. Berra back in a couple of months and he’ll be the natural back up to Halkett and Popescu.

I don’t think we need to be looking at another CH for a truncated Championship campaign.

A left back however....

3 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

As we’ve seen pre season, Smith to CH will be the back up plan. Haring when fit could also fill in if required. Hopefully neither is required and both are left in their preferred position. Berra back in a couple of months and he’ll be the natural back up to Halkett and Popescu.

I don’t think we need to be looking at another CH for a truncated Championship campaign.

A left back however....

Have to say I disagree and think that we need another CB. Berra is finished and we are talking about some time before he is going to be fit.

Smith although an able option leaves us a bit light on the right wingback area as we only really have Brandon and he is inconsistent to say the least.

Smith is also away with NI quite a bit as is Boyce. Haring can be an option but then do we want to lose him from his midfield role remembering that both him and Halliday are far from being fully fit.

Another decent CB will allow Smith and Haring to play in their best positions and give us cover as well.

Captain Canada

I was surprised that Hamilton was allowed to leave on loan as he could have provided cover at CB. 

I'm not too keen on playing guys out of position and Smith is by far our best right back and Haring is our best midfielder. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I was surprised that Hamilton was allowed to leave on loan as he could have provided cover at CB. 

I'm not too keen on playing guys out of position and Smith is by far our best right back and Haring is our best midfielder. 

Obviously not good enough. Robbie clearly thinks we're better off moving someone to cover at CB than we are playing Hamilton. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Obviously not good enough. Robbie clearly thinks we're better off moving someone to cover at CB than we are playing Hamilton. 

Chris Hamilton is going to Dumbarton to learn the defensive midfield position.  He has now finished growing and at 5’8 isn’t remotely big enough to make it as a central defender.

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Chris Hamilton is going to Dumbarton to learn the defensive midfield position.  He has now finished growing and at 5’8 isn’t remotely big enough to make it as a central defender.

If he plays his cards right he might be a contender to Gary medel, who played both positions and was rather good at it.  Excellent in fact, given he has the character for it. 

23 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

A left back however....

But it's not just the Championship, we have Cup competitions as the season goes on, we do need an out and out centre half. Souttar out, Berra out for now, leaves Halkett who's not the best at defending and better getting forward, and Popescu. Definitely need one in, even if it's just a loan 'til January. If we had no Cup competitions i'd agree, however I don't fancy coming up against certain clubs with such a limited defence. Hearts need to sort it now before it bites them on the arse.

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This too. Said several times on here that he's not big or strong enough to be a CB.

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

When does the window slam shut?

Tomorrow at Midnight. Clubs can still sign players after the deadline though who are out of contract.

Edited by wavydavy

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Hearts are without Liam Boyce and Michael Smith for their first three games. Craig Wighton set to deputise up front and Ben Garuccio should return. League 1 & League 2 teams chasing Cammy Logan on loan.

If true safe to say we shouldn’t expect a striker in tomorrow then (unless the talk is even if we do it will be too short notice to throw them in on Tuesday). I have a feeling any future signings will be outside the window.

44 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Is this an educated guess or do you have insider info on this?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If true safe to say we shouldn’t expect a striker in tomorrow then (unless the talk is even if we do it will be too short notice to throw them in on Tuesday). I have a feeling any future signings will be outside the window.

It's true.

Baraclough's side began this Nations League series with a 1-1 draw in Romania, but were then beaten 5-1 at home by Norway.

Northern Ireland squad: Goalkeepers: Bailey Peacock-Farrell (Burnley), Michael McGovern (Norwich City), Trevor Carson (Motherwell).

Defenders: Jonathan Evans (Leicester City), Craig Cathcart (Watford), Stuart Dallas (Leeds United), Shane Ferguson (Millwall), Conor McLaughlin (Sunderland), Jamal Lewis (Newcastle United), Michael Smith (Heart of Midlothian), Tom Flanagan (Sunderland), Daniel Ballard (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Steven Davis (Rangers), Corry Evans (Blackburn Rovers), Niall McGinn (Aberdeen), Patrick McNair (Middlesbrough), George Saville (Middlesbrough), Gavin Whyte (Cardiff City), Jordan Jones (Rangers), Jordan Thompson (Stoke City), Joel Cooper (Oxford United), Alistair McCann (St Johnstone).

Forwards: Kyle Lafferty (Reggina), Josh Magennis (Hull City), Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic), Liam Boyce (Heart of Midlothian).