Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet

For what it’s worth I know nothing of the guy and would wonder how he’d be able to get a work permit to play being American

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So a few pages ago someone gave a name as a transfer rumour, and instead of discuss the credibility of the rumour and post the obligatory YouTube video, there’s chat about Andy Irving’s weight? Come on guys.

Back on topic, said obligatory YouTube video:

Looks alright to be fair. They always do though :D 

Some pace on the boy. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So a few pages ago someone gave a name as a transfer rumour, and instead of discuss the credibility of the rumour and post the obligatory YouTube video, there’s chat about Andy Irving’s weight? Come on guys.

Looks good, two footed, quick. Can play on the wing. Hard to tell obviously but I’m sure John Murray would be interested after those 3 minutes. Out of contract too. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For what it’s worth I know nothing of the guy and would wonder how he’d be able to get a work permit to play being American

He’s played in Denmark so he should be ok for the U.K. at the minute surely 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

With us being in the Championship I reckon he'd be considered an exceptional talent for that level vs if we were in the SPFL so it may actually be easier to sign him just now

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I'm not sure of the rules on work permits, but he had a lot of caps at youth level and maybe he has EU parents or grandparents as many americans do

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Really hard to know what people have been watching . 6'2" good physique [especially for his age] .

People are strange

Yup. I'm a big fan of Irving and some on here think I overrate him but I'm certain that his size and physicality are not in question. I've never seen him bullied and he always looks to have a good physique to me.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
37 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Looks skillful, and though not sure of the level of the opposition in each clip, the marking looked fairly tight yet he still managed to beat a fair few players. Doesn't look like my idea of a striker, with less close in finishes than 'great' goals, but looks exciting...but we've been fooled before by online player footage so, hopefully, RN will look long and hard before deciding on offering a deal.

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s played in Denmark so he should be ok for the U.K. at the minute surely 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Well Denmark have different rules to us in terms of immigration, so doesn’t really matter. Even less so now UK is out of the EU (I think, is it? I lose track)

37 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm not sure of the rules on work permits, but he had a lot of caps at youth level and maybe he has EU parents or grandparents as many americans do

I’m thinking this may be the case, but isn’t the EU thing not considered anymore as UK is out? (Again, see above)

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well Denmark have different rules to us in terms of immigration, so doesn’t really matter. Even less so now UK is out of the EU (I think, is it? I lose track)

I’m thinking this may be the case, but isn’t the EU thing not considered anymore as UK is out? (Again, see above)

think we are treated as being in the EU till the end of this year or season, definitely read it somewhere

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Were not out the EU yet when it comes to football players and work permits, as Denmark are in the EU I think it could be the same but I can’t say for certain. Popescu didn’t need a work permit for instance. 

SomethingAboutObua

Any plans for a new defender? I'm pretty annoyed we were STILL going to rely on 3 injury prone CB'S even after seeing 2 go down, and we've sent our 4th choice out on loan? But we've somehow gone on and signed a 3rd LB/LM capable player? 

6 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Any plans for a new defender? I'm pretty annoyed we were STILL going to rely on 3 injury prone CB'S even after seeing 2 go down, and we've sent our 4th choice out on loan? But we've somehow gone on and signed a 3rd LB/LM capable player? 

a couple of pages back jamboj1 said we're after a left back before the end of the window.   also posted we might get a year long deal on a CB if 1 became available, i think he meant a loan.

Edited by HMFC01

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Looks to me like there was no way was Hamilton going to be 4th choice if he has gone on loan.  If he was trusted for the season he'd be here - perfect opportunity for him to get game time.  Not saying he's not rated - he clearly is - but seems clear that we'll get someone else in.

5 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I'm sure we can grab a wee loan till january without much fuss

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If he's 6ft 2, a healthy weight for an athlete at that height would be between 75 and 90 kilo. So around, 11-14 stone. I'd be surprised if he was under that tbh with the sports scientists etc.. Looking after all that stuff. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They have, it hasn’t worked. 

The players - especially the young lads - havent been unprofessional during lockdown before they came back, but the extended break hasnt helped a few of the younger lads who havent the experience to know their bodies that well, and havent been through this before. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As you have now with your inane questions, have you asked anyone else on the thread to keep on topic or are you just following me around AGAIN. 
Have you any transfer news?

You don't half like to flatter yourself.

I don't have any transfer news but I'd like to read about any without the thread being clogged up with your irrelevant words of wisdom.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The players - especially the young lads - havent been unprofessional during lockdown before they came back, but the extended break hasnt helped a few of the younger lads who havent the experience to know their bodies that well, and havent been through this before. 

A few have worked their socks off on their personal fitness and physique during the lockdown period.  One of them is now playing in Italy. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You don't half like to flatter yourself.

I don't have any transfer news but I'd like to read about any without the thread being clogged up with your irrelevant words of wisdom.

Don’t ****ing read them, put me on ignore, like most of us have with you. That’s four posts now that you haven’t mentioned transfers, whilst moaning about me going off topic but not complaining about anyone else that’s done it, Stalker. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I’m not talking about lockdown, he needed to add a bit of weight last summer and is still slight. I’m sure the youngsters were as professional as possible, I have no reason to think otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t ****ing read them, put me on ignore, like most of us have with you. That’s four posts now that you haven’t mentioned transfers, whilst moaning about me going off topic but not complaining about anyone else that’s done it, Stalker. 

Well don't go off topic and you'll not have the problem.  A child of 6 could work that out instead of claiming victim status.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, sac said:

Robbie currently out looking for players on the West course Of Dalmahoy😉

How many? FORE? I’ll get ma coat 🙈

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

A few have worked their socks off on their personal fitness and physique during the lockdown period.  One of them is now playing in Italy. 

He was frequently seen doing laps of the running track at Scotstoun Stadium in Glasgow during lockdown. Has been hitting the weights too.

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamboAl said:

Well don't go off topic and you'll not have the problem.  A child of 6 could work that out instead of claiming victim status.

I don’t have a problem, it’s you that’s got the problem. That’s 5 posts off topic now? Is that ok for you to do it but not me? Why not mention anyone else in the 30 posts about Irving? Stalker!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Berra and Souttar out already.  Deja vue again.

Naismith has hardly kicked a ball either, Neilson must realise it’s hard to rely on them. Hopefully all the new guys have good injury records and stay fit. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t have a problem, it’s you that’s got the problem. That’s 5 posts off topic now? Is that ok for you to do it but not me? Why not mention anyone else in the 30 posts about Irving? Stalker!

The funny thing is that I agree with you re Irving but he is our player and not a transfer taeget/rumour - nor is your physio friend.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Were not out the EU yet when it comes to football players and work permits, as Denmark are in the EU I think it could be the same but I can’t say for certain. Popescu didn’t need a work permit for instance. 

Things will change after 31 December, and particularly so, should, as is ever more likely, we leave without a deal. It will almost certainly be the same for UK based clubs as it is for clubs anywhere else in the world outside the EU. Unless UEFA can step in and get some arrangement set up to standardise transfers and player registrations. 

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The funny thing is that I agree with you re Irving but he is our player and not a transfer taeget/rumour - nor is your physio friend.

Why be wide and start arguing then? It’s ****ing tedious man. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Things will change after 31 December, and particularly so, should, as is ever more likely, we leave without a deal. It will almost certainly be the same for UK based clubs as it is for clubs anywhere else in the world outside the EU. Unless UEFA can step in and get some arrangement set up to standardise transfers and player registrations. 

Absolutely, it will be extremely interesting to see what happens. Football will want to be exempt but even if UEFA step in the UK can ignore it.

China has a four foreigner rule, only three allowed to play at one time.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/indian-football-foreign-players-quota-top-18-asian-leagues/jdc9skytcp6416b6fhz1ihhg2

Russia has just implemented six foreigners on the pitch at any one time for instance. https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2015/07/14/russia-imposes-limit-to-number-of-foreign-players-in-football-premier-league-a48133

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, it will be extremely interesting to see what happens. Football will want to be exempt but even if UEFA step in the UK can ignore it.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/indian-football-foreign-players-quota-top-18-asian-leagues/jdc9skytcp6416b6fhz1ihhg2

Russia has just implemented six foreigners on the pitch at any one time for instance. https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2015/07/14/russia-imposes-limit-to-number-of-foreign-players-in-football-premier-league-a48133

By the end of this season it looks like only Popescu, Haring and Damour will be under contract as it stands and the rest of the squad will be british nationals. I wonder if we've already got our eye on the possibility of rule changes

Edited by BigAlim

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who knows where you get the idea he’s a physio, it’s like you’re trying to annoy me. I’ve told you a hundred times what his qualifications are, physio isn’t one but he could do that if he wanted to. He’s just started coaching with Spartans recently. Anyway he knows more than probably all of us on here about football, he loved working under Sergio and used to show me the training drills, light years ahead of your boy Levein.
For the absolute last time, bye bye 👋🏿

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

By the end of this season it looks like only Popescu, Haring and Damour will be under contract as it stands and the rest of the squad will be british nationals. I wonder if we've already got our eye on the possibility of rule changes

Possibly, I think if you’re here already it’s ok. If it wasn’t the EPL would go down drastically in quality if it was only U.K. players, which UEFA and FIFA view as different countries anyway. Interesting times ahead.

Bazzas right boot

If we implement a foreigner rule here, for example limit it to 5,  will be called the 6 diddy rule, rather than the 5 foreigner rule? 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who knows where you get the idea he’s a physio, it’s like you’re trying to annoy me. I’ve told you a hundred times what his qualifications are, physio isn’t one but he could do that if he wanted to. He’s just started coaching with Spartans recently. Anyway he knows more than probably all of us on here about football, he loved working under Sergio and used to show me the training drills, light years ahead of your boy Levein.
For the absolute last time, bye bye 👋🏿

FFS you had to mention Levein.  Now this shit will continue all evening. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He can't go a day without mentioning him, CL left as manager almost a year ago. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

His awful influence still haunts us all. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His awful influence still haunts us all. 

While I agree just don’t mention it to Al. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was frequently seen doing laps of the running track at Scotstoun Stadium in Glasgow during lockdown. Has been hitting the weights too.

👍and in other places as well. Three or four of them working very hard. 

Craig Levein is living in PFK’s head and it’s not only rent fee but he’s not paying the bills either.

There will be counselling available somewhere to help sort this.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I doubt it will be anything close to 'interesting'. Will probably lead to more youngsters getting a first team game, though.

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

His negligence should never be covered up. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

His negligence should never be covered up. 

Who's covering it up? 

😳

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

yep and a couple bulked up too much on protein - not their fault

I’ve had a drink about 90% of the days in lockdown 

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Why be wide and start arguing then? It’s ****ing tedious man. 

Because it's persistently off topic.  When I go on a transfer thread I expect to read about transfers not Irving's weight, his physical training etc

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

But he still lives on in some people's heads.  Now, does anyone have any transfer rumours?

So this Septic Tank? Anyone got any inside info or is it just a random name. I've learned from bitter experience you can't trust a You Tube video but he looks decent and I'm a softie for them