Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

29 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Agreed. I was really surprised that we loaned Hamilton out on that basis.

Some suggestion that Roberts can play through the middle. Naismith can play up front as well. But agree that we aren't well covered for strikers. Not sure Henderson solves that as has always looked more of the forward that striker to me. I'm reassuring myself with a reminder that we didn't rely on a striker scoring most of our goals last time we were in the Championship. We had a lot of goals from across the team. I think with Halkett, Haring, Walker, Lee, Naismith and the three wingers we could go the same way this season. Potentially a lot of players chipping in 8-10 goals, rather than one or two on 15+.

👍

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Still think we are a bit precarious in one or two areas - full back and striker.

Does Logan have to go on loan now rather than give him an opportunity to be on the fringes of the squad now.  With Smith absent for the next 3 games, Logan moves one step closer to the team, at least temporarily.

I presume there is a January window; if so, that may be a better time for some folks to go on loan.  It's only 3 months further down the line and it will be clearer as to whether the season is happening or not.

If Kingsley does sign, then, yeah, Logan can go on loan.

Think he is very close to the team. 
January will be the time for the likes of Smith, White, Garuccio etc to move on assuming we are well clear in the league. None of them likely to renew contracts next summer. 
Is Kingsley not a left back? 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would be quite happy with Garuccio and White to be honest. Both have a good work rate, they can press, they can get up and down the line with pace, and Garuccio's delivery is very good. I don't really see the need to spend the money. 

White I'm not so sure of because I don't think we have ever seen him fully fit, but there seems to be some negativity around Garuccio from a few on here. I've always rated him,   he should be more than comfortable at Championship level.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he is very close to the team. 
January will be the time for the likes of Smith, White, Garuccio etc to move on assuming we are well clear in the league. None of them likely to renew contracts next summer. 
Is Kingsley not a left back? 

We've only got 9 league games in 2020 so unlikely we'll be very far head in January even if we are doing well.

45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Some suggestion that Roberts can play through the middle. Naismith can play up front as well. But agree that we aren't well covered for strikers. Not sure Henderson solves that as has always looked more of the forward that striker to me. I'm reassuring myself with a reminder that we didn't rely on a striker scoring most of our goals last time we were in the Championship. We had a lot of goals from across the team. I think with Halkett, Haring, Walker, Lee, Naismith and the three wingers we could go the same way this season. Potentially a lot of players chipping in 8-10 goals, rather than one or two on 15+.

Hamilton is not viewed as a CB, he's been sent to Dumbarton to develop as a DM.

Gordon Ramsay
32 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If it’s a choice of a LB or a CF I’d go for another striker.

Same. Think we would be fine with Garuccio and White. We could do with another option up top. Naismith is always a gamble with injuries and I'd be surprised if Wighton has turned into Robbo over the summer. Just leaves Boyce really so another would be useful. 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

White I'm not so sure of because I don't think we have ever seen him fully fit, but there seems to be some negativity around Garuccio from a few on here. I've always rated him,   he should be more than comfortable at Championship level.

Which is fair enough as long as people remember we are talking about the championship and not the top league (I still worry about him against a winger with any kind of pace)

He needs to play to convince the club of his ability and if not now then he never will make the breakthrough

There's an ideal transfer deadline day and the more realistic one which we may have to get used to until next summer at the earliest  but it is frustrating to know there are good players out there for fees we could afford in normal times

Still priority is promotion and any kind of cup run a bonus for the coming season

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I think we'll effectively know today if Kingsley is signing based on whether or not White or Garuccio get shifted out. If they're both still here tomorrow then I doubt we'll be bringing Kingsley in.

Kingsley is a done deal everything agreed, waiting to get players out on loan and away permanently if possible 👍

Contact over striker has been made, couple of free agents been asked to come for trials aswell 🇱🇻

Midloth_Iain
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Kingsley is a done deal everything agreed, waiting to get players out on loan and away permanently if possible 👍

Contact over striker has been made, couple of free agents been asked to come for trials aswell 🇱🇻

👍😊

Tennant's  6's
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Liking the sound of that Bongo. 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Am I correct here, Kingsley is a free agent and can sign at anytime? Doesn't need to sign today??

Loaning out players, unless it's Damour, wont make much difference to the wage bill.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is Genero one of  them?

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Am I correct here, Kingsley is a free agent and can sign at anytime? Doesn't need to sign today??

Loaning out players, unless it's Damour, wont make much difference to the wage bill.

Correct. 

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hamilton is not viewed as a CB, he's been sent to Dumbarton to develop as a DM.

Makes sense. He's one of the shortest CBs I've seen but seems like a decent footballer.

Guest ToqueJambo
58 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We want to attack down the flanks and get crosses in and he's the best FB we have on our books for that.

Can't think I have ever seen Kingsley play. Anyone know what type of full back he is? I didn't mind Garuccio but he was very hit or miss. His delivery from set pieces away to Partick in the cup in January 2019 was the worst I can ever remember. He was capable of being very good on his day though and I always felt that he got a raw deal when he was playing well then dropped out when Mitchell signed. 

3 hours ago, bazman said:

There was a report over the weekend of him going to Everton and Besic going the other way plus a fee

Not the sort of disruptive element I'd be looking to introduce to what must be a very happy dressing room right now.

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Can't think I have ever seen Kingsley play. Anyone know what type of full back he is? I didn't mind Garuccio but he was very hit or miss. His delivery from set pieces away to Partick in the cup in January 2019 was the worst I can ever remember. He was capable of being very good on his day though and I always felt that he got a raw deal when he was playing well then dropped out when Mitchell signed. 

Bozanic could beat that easily.

And that's without stretching my mind back more than a year or two.

46 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thank you, do you know who the striker is? And if so is it a familiar name?

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Makes sense. He's one of the shortest CBs I've seen but seems like a decent footballer.

I chance he can be a CB at a decent level. He’s an inch taller than me and the idea of me playing in a position you have to win headers is laughable. Mind you I’m not very good with the ball at my feet either. 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Still all very ambiguous this. Genuinely have no idea what’s going to happen with 10 hours to go. But not in an exciting way, very odd.

I think he is contradciting himself a bit with that statement. If he is happy with what he has got then why would he want to bring any more in?

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think he is contradciting himself a bit with that statement. If he is happy with what he has got then why would he want to bring any more in?

I guess he is happy but another player would make him happier still. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you saying it is a done deal that will happen regardless of whether we can off load anyone?

Not saying you're wrong, but I really don't see the logic if this is our position. If we are definitely signing him regardless of any other transfers, then why don't we just sign him. Get him in and used to his team mates, the system, tactics, etc.

Connor Ogilvie of Gillingham...just a thought

Should add interest from Scotland has been shown  though maybe not us however position fits the bill

Edited by CJGJ

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

11 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Yip. 

42 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Might have been better saying that there is always room to improve the playing squad.

BackOfTheNet
44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Connor Ogilvie of Gillingham...just a thought

Should add interest from Scotland has been shown  though maybe not us however position fits the bill

Hmmm. Does fit the centre back / left back position, and being in league 1 Gillingham will have a salary cap.

It would have to happen by the end of today though as looks like he’s under contract. And if we were to sign him after today he’d still have to have had his contract cancelled no later than today to be eligible to sign I believe.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Same... He played a couple of games last season and I watched him quite closely to try and suss him out but don't think he was at 100%. I think he had one quite good game - can't remember who against. By the looks of it, I think he's been a half decent footballer when fit, but he's just spent 2yrs out injured so actually we should never have signed him, but anyway... He's just completely lost his match sharpness and may never get it back to the same level he once had. 

I'd like us to stick with Garuccio - he's probably a marginally better defender, he's better on the ball, and he gives us a lot more going forward and from a dead ball... He's just a better all-rounder. Logan played quite well at left back against Partick so would be willing to go into the season with Garuccio first choice with Logan and White sharing backup duties. Popescu can also drift out to LB if needed, and Frear can drop back into a wing back position too if we were completely desperate. Just think we're covered and don't need to spend the money on Kingsley. Nothing against him at all of course - I know very little about him... 

If we only bring one more player in I would like a pacey, physical striker, which I think we would have in this Jamieson lad if the rumours about him are credible in any way. 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hmmm. Does fit the centre back / left back position, and being in league 1 Gillingham will have a salary cap.

It would have to happen by the end of today though as looks like he’s under contract. And if we were to sign him after today he’d still have to have had his contract cancelled no later than today to be eligible to sign I believe.

He is in Gillingham's starting 11. Far from cancelling his contract they'd be wanting a fee for him. I think that rules us out. Was being reported earlier as interest from a Scottish Premiership team.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Neilson loaned Hamilton out to a club on the proviso that he played as a defensive midfielder, surely that puts to bed the idea that he will ever play as a CH for us. If he did see him playing there, and with our current CH injuries he wouldn’t have been loaned out. 
Roberts can play as a striker, he looks more like a striker than a winger really. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, gov said:

We expecting anything or can I put the phone down for the night?

Usually journalists will say there is no more business for Hearts and that's (they are saying Hibs are done for the night) so I would not say thats it yet. Does feel like its going to be an anti-climax.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson loaned Hamilton out to a club on the proviso that he played as a defensive midfielder, surely that puts to bed the idea that he will ever play as a CH for us. If he did see him playing there, and with our current CH injuries he wouldn’t have been loaned out. 
Roberts can play as a striker, he looks more like a striker than a winger really. 

When did Neilson say that about Hamilton? I've clearly missed those comments.

Seems like a bit of a waste of a pre-season when he seemed to be playing in central defence if we are then going to try to convert him into a defensive midfielder. Has he played there regularly at youth level? I have my doubts that we'll be able to convert him to that position in the next couple of years to a level where he is deserves another contract, so pretty dubious he'll make the break through at Hearts.

Would prefer us to wait and see what is left in the free agent market in the next few weeks rather than take any punts. Sick of signing players with decent cv's on 4 year deals.

The next 3 games in 10 days we will have a good idea of where our squad is at. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

When did Neilson say that about Hamilton? I've clearly missed those comments.

Seems like a bit of a waste of a pre-season when he seemed to be playing in central defence if we are then going to try to convert him into a defensive midfielder. Has he played there regularly at youth level? I have my doubts that we'll be able to convert him to that position in the next couple of years to a level where he is deserves another contract, so pretty dubious he'll make the break through at Hearts.

It was in the Evening news when the loan was announced, it was put up in here a few pages back. I had missed it too. 
He did play there in pre season, and showed that he won’t be able to at our level with his height being the main problem. Fullback might be an option too. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/new-position-hearts-teenager-chris-hamilton-he-heads-dumbarton-2990075

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Interesting that they seem to have left the number 9 shirt open. That's usually a bit of a clue.

Might just be that we only have two strikers, one wanted 10 and the other probably couldn’t handle the pressure of wearing it. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was in the Evening news when the loan was announced, it was put up in here a few pages back. I had missed it too. 
He did play there in pre season, and showed that he won’t be able to at our level with his height being the main problem. Fullback might be an option too. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/new-position-hearts-teenager-chris-hamilton-he-heads-dumbarton-2990075

Thanks. Not managing to keep up with every post on all the mega threads and find the EEN website too painful to visit every day.

I'll be interested to hear how he gets on at Dumbarton. Even if it will be hard to make it at Hearts with such a late change of position, it is probably in his best interest if he is going to have a career in football.

52 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Interesting that they seem to have left the number 9 shirt open. That's usually a bit of a clue.

It would seem we're looking for a striker (and Kingsley) but it would seem like we're looking for a backup.  If we play 4-3-2-1 then without Boyce we've still got Naismith, then whoever we sign, then Wighton.

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thanks. Not managing to keep up with every post on all the mega threads and find the EEN website too painful to visit every day.

I'll be interested to hear how he gets on at Dumbarton. Even if it will be hard to make it at Hearts with such a late change of position, it is probably in his best interest if he is going to have a career in football.

Played successfully as a defender , good reader of the game , good footballer .

How hard would it be to play defensive midfield ?

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The evidence of Haring, Barr, Karipidis, Michael Smith at times and others suggests footballing defenders have no problem slotting in at DM if they commit to it. Always thought we should have made more of an effort to convert Jordan McGhee to DM.

23 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Played successfully as a defender , good reader of the game , good footballer .

How hard would it be to play defensive midfield ?

Totally different type of fitness. Defenders sprint more but can be stationary for long periods throughout the game. Centre mids are constantly on the move, even if it’s coming short for a pass that they’re never going to get or making space for a team mate. They’ll run about 3k more than a centre half in a game.