Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

indianajones
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

A good piece of business then - if we signed him for free and now get a fee, that's tremendous. 

Well yeah but do the wages reflect output and ability? 

Questionable business is what i would say!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

20 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

That’s a lot of departures. I won’t miss any of them although we will need to start signing some guys soon. 

We still have about 7 weeks or so before the start of our season, why do we need to start signing guys soon? No rush, all about getting the rights players in.

Stendelnator
9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Never seen someone that scored and performed against Hibs as well as he did, set up a goal that beat Celtic with a great run, score in a cup semi final be treated with such disrespect

Do you even remember the abuse Jankauskas used to get on here?

the problem with Uche is that’s literally all he did. In the big games with the cameras on. Where was he when we were 3-0 down at Rugby Park? It’s those sort of games he went missing. He was not consistent and hindered us as much as helped us because he was an easy out for the defence 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Still cringe at the thought of the 'we're not worthy' shite for Uche.

Another wage gone! Thanks JJ.

Aye we should all have been able to see into the future and realised he wasn’t going to be as great as he initially appeared. Sheez!

CloustonHMFC

If we’ve got any kind of fee for Uche, Washington and Clare then we’ve started off this transfer window superbly. 3 of our biggest earners off the wage bill. Hopefully get rid of Wighton too, wouldn’t be sad to see Damour go but we’ll struggle to get rid of him I think so he’ll be given a chance. 

If we can hold on to Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Boyce and Naismith with Haring coming back then we’ll shape up nicely for next season with a few additions in once the culling of the squad is finished. 

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We still have about 7 weeks or so before the start of our season, why do we need to start signing guys soon? No rush, all about getting the rights players in.

We can’t even train for nearly two weeks. 

Edited by CloustonHMFC

43 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Absolutely. Would happily see Walker out the door as well. 

He's not hit the heights he's capable of, but I really do believe Robbie can get the best out of him again. 

I think given Walker is a bit older now, won't be jostling for a move quite as hard, so we can afford to build a team around him. He does have serious quality in his locker and in the right team I think that can really come out. 

3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I just think that the better players will be getting signed up sooner rather than later. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Shame about Uche. I like the bug guy but it wasn’t working out. Refs and opponents had him sussed and spent too much time in the floor. Good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

I just think that the better players will be getting signed up sooner rather than later. 

Buyers market I reckon. Some proper bargains to be had. 
I thought Uche got **** all from our awful officials but was never going to break goal scoring records. If a decent replacement can be found fair play. Best for club and him.

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Aye we should all have been able to see into the future and realised he wasn’t going to be as great as he initially appeared. Sheez!

People were doing it right up until the end of last season.

1 minute ago, HighTimes said:

Nominal fee - not six figures then...

Will be five figures but another big wage off the wage bill.

One thing we were always good at doing with Neilson at the helm was moving on players. I do think we could of commanded a bit of a better fee for a few but can’t criticise the players he’s moved on. 

We needed a fresh start and I think he’s done that. Hopefully he adds quality however that remains to be seen.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Buyers market I reckon. Some proper bargains to be had. 
I thought Uche got **** all from our awful officials but was never going to break goal scoring records. If a decent replacement can be found fair play. Best for club and him.

I think he was looking for too much. He should have became aware of how little he was getting and stopped going down. For a big guy, he spent far too much time on the deck. 

Big lads like Dost, Benteke, Lukaku, Carroll manage to mix up their game enough to not get into constant physical battles with... everyone.. all of time

41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No for me,call it blind faith but I see a quality player in Jamie Walker.

Last chance saloon though.

Jamie Walker is a match winner and a player that has that wee bit magic. Needs to screw the nut and start producing because he's coming into the peak of his career and probably won't get a move to a bigger club than Hearts now.

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Just on a side note to that. Cammy Logan has just signed a new 2 year deal. I understand he isn’t an established right back but maybe the see him as a Hickey style project as they are reluctant to let him go out on loan

Would be interesting to see what their plans for him are if they have given him a 2 year contract. Still only 18, but I think I am right in saying he has had some bad injuries since he made his debut. With Brandon already first team with a 2 year contract, if Smith left, would they want him as first choice and Logan back up or would they still want experience?

10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Jamie Walker is a match winner and a player that has that wee bit magic. Needs to screw the nut and start producing because he's coming into the peak of his career and probably won't get a move to a bigger club than Hearts now.

Used to wonder what the saying"polishing a turd" meant. Now I think I know.

Of course I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by JohnB

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Nominal fee - not six figures then...

Uche never got a square deal from the refs in Scotland. He must have been on the receiving end of more fouls than any other player in Scottish football yet the refs would call it against him more often than not. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

If we manage to get a fee for Uche that is fantastic business. On a par with getting a fee for Mulraney. 

The difference being that Mulraney went to the MLS which is a league that has some money but not much quality. Ikpeazu (potentially) is going to the Championship which has humongous amounts of money and as much as some like to rubbish it does have a lot of quality. A side in that league think he’s good enough to compete, and although I thought he may end up in League 1 I’m glad someone is taking a chance as he does have the ability in my opinion.

wattie exploited

still got at least 6 more players to get rid off hope we get some money for uche and Washington or a sell on clause :rifle:

BackOfTheNet
38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Never seen someone that scored and performed against Hibs as well as he did, set up a goal that beat Celtic with a great run, score in a cup semi final be treated with such disrespect

Uche was a decent player, and I hope we get a decent 6 figure fee for him - Championship club, will have cash. We are not ****ing foodbank where folk can come and get stuff for free. 

👏

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's not hit the heights he's capable of, but I really do believe Robbie can get the best out of him again. 

I think given Walker is a bit older now, won't be jostling for a move quite as hard, so we can afford to build a team around him. He does have serious quality in his locker and in the right team I think that can really come out. 

Build a team around Walker? Come on... As anyone who has continually read this thread will see I can see positives in players more than negatives most of the time. But build a team around him? That’s ludicrous. He should find himself lucky to be on the bench.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Build a team around Walker? Come on... As anyone who has continually read this thread will see I can see positives in players more than negatives most of the time. But build a team around him? That’s ludicrous. He should find himself lucky to be on the bench.

On his day he's an incredible player, but his form went out the window when that sycophantic hun he calls an agent filled his head with delusions of grandeur playing for the hun. 

I think it takes a while mentally to get back to where he was. The move to Wigan was an unmitigated disaster. 

I think Robbie will give Walker every chance to succeed next season and I reckon we'll see him back to 2015/16 season form. 

Looking at 5 more players in before the season begins, which could increase if we receive offers for others. Was told a couple Aussie clubs were sniffing around garuccio but nothing has came of it so far!   

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Looking at 5 more players in before the season begins, which could increase if we receive offers for others. Was told a couple Aussie clubs were sniffing around garuccio but nothing has came of it so far!   

Heard any names for the 5?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Can imagine Garuccio gone before the window ends. Any other players you have heard who could be about to go out the door?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Heard any names for the 5?

Nothing as of yet it will be more of a one out one in system, hickey leaves left back get the green light to join etc. Our window will have been slowed down a little due to the training issue 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Can imagine Garuccio gone before the window ends. Any other players you have heard who could be about to go out the door?

Nothing new to the names already being branded about, damour is a struggle to move due to his wage but both club and player are trying 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

On his day he's an incredible player, but his form went out the window when that sycophantic hun he calls an agent filled his head with delusions of grandeur playing for the hun. 

I think it takes a while mentally to get back to where he was. The move to Wigan was an unmitigated disaster. 

I think Robbie will give Walker every chance to succeed next season and I reckon we'll see him back to 2015/16 season form. 

Never understood why he was signed in the first place. Felt the same when we were linked to Sam Nicholson. 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Adebayor to hearts, from a trusted source. Watch this space 

Would i look a completely gullible fool if i was to say i want this to happen? 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I guess my feeling is that although he was good that season if that’s the heights he can reach they are 1. Not going to be reached again in my opinion and 2. Weren’t that high to begin with.

Would love to be proved wrong of course and I will support him in a Hearts shirt as I’m a supporter but I genuinely think his best days are behind him. But Championship level means he should be able to cope as it’s his level but he needs to up his game.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

...his form went out the window when that sycophantic hun he calls an agent filled his head with delusions of grandeur playing for the hun...

Off topic slightly but back in the day when Rangers were pursuing Walker, the laddie McCrorie (that Hibs are now chasing) was one of two youngsters that Hearts highlighted as possible make weights (in addition to cash) as a potential deal. Rangers balked and JW went down south.

5 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Hope not, circus signing and absolutely not what we need at this time. If ever. 

17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Cheers 👊  Quite a number we're looking at then.  Something positive to think about for 11 days :)  Appreciated.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I guess my feeling is that although he was good that season if that’s the heights he can reach they are 1. Not going to be reached again in my opinion and 2. Weren’t that high to begin with.

Would love to be proved wrong of course and I will support him in a Hearts shirt as I’m a supporter but I genuinely think his best days are behind him. But Championship level means he should be able to cope as it’s his level but he needs to up his game.

Walker has been pish for over 2 and half years.

I can't see him getting better, he will just get worse and be at Dundee after next season.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

I heard Bergkamp from a reliable source.

8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Would i look a completely gullible fool if i was to say i want this to happen? 

Would rattle them in though, wouldn't he 😂

42 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

still got at least 6 more players to get rid off hope we get some money for uche and Washington or a sell on clause :rifle:

Washington has already left us. 

Uche was frustrating to watch. He was unplayable before the injury, and was never the same afterwards. He was a character. Met him at one of those things they had in the Gorgie Suite. A very humble big chap, and just an all round good guy. I wish the big man nothing but the best of luck in the future. 

adambraejambo
13 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

He is 36. If he after one last pay day then he wont be anywhere near us. He was the highest paid player in Paraguay (ever) I hardly think he will want to retire earning 3 Grand a week with us. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Well yeah but do the wages reflect output and ability? 

Questionable business is what i would say!

If you tell me what the wages were I may agree.

On your 2nd para, I would say getting any fee for someone who was free was good (not questionable) business.