Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i don’t think they will

cummings was at hibs and his job was to score as many goals for hibs as possible and help them win amongst other things their first Scottish cup in over 100 years - that’s what he did - like all the other hibs players in that squad will be remembered by hibs fans for ever - he clearly enjoyed playing against hearts given he felt rightly or wrongly he had been treated poorly at hearts

”phoodle” well his job in this context was not to become the first hearts manager in over 100 years to let hibs win their holy grail - I say let in that it wasn’t like we didn’t have a chance or two to stop it but unfortunately “phoodle” wasn’t up to it - although we did win a meaningless 3 points in a “massive” game at Ross county recently after to make up for it

i don’t know if not rating neilson in the slightest qualifies for being in the “phoodle gang” but I’d be happy with Cummings signing assuming it was reasonable wages etc

:)

Yip, he'll enjoy scoring against them as well if he signs. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

You're right that injuries are a consideration with Naismith though I'm still not keen on the idea of signing someone who "would score for fun" in the championship but has struggled in the top flight, it would be like a more expensive James Keatings. Especially when Boyce should score for fun even more so. Maybe it's a means to an end though as the type of player who we would want longer term won't want to come to the championship especially in its shambolic state this year. However, a different type of player would complement the squad more. 

We don't know for sure that we are even considering Cummings it is based on a post from someone on here. If we are though then perhaps as I suggested already a loan deal might be an idea for this season and take it from there.

Although the way things are going just now there may not be much of a season for us at least.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He got a double against the best team in the world last season 😂

ha he did. But Christian Nade scored against Arsenal and Juho Makela scored against Barca. Im not sure I invest too much opinion into goals in isolation. Fact is he hasn't scored more than 7 league goals in a season since 2017 in the Scottish Champ. Im not saying he's an awful player Im just not sure he justifies the hype from some or tht his goals balance out the added difficulty he comes with. 

1 hour ago, lou said:

We have to get out of the championship and scoring goals is the only way to do that

Yea I totally see the logic in signing players to get us out the champ, with second year option if we feel they can also perform in the league above. Liam Boyce is a more proven goalscorer at levels higher or equal to Cummings so I think he can provide. I guess it all comes down to money. For me, Cummings would have to be very very cheap. 

3 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

ha he did. But Christian Nade scored against Arsenal and Juho Makela scored against Barca. Im not sure I invest too much opinion into goals in isolation. Fact is he hasn't scored more than 7 league goals in a season since 2017 in the Scottish Champ. Im not saying he's an awful player Im just not sure he justifies the hype from some or tht his goals balance out the added difficulty he comes with. 

Yea I totally see the logic in signing players to get us out the champ, with second year option if we feel they can also perform in the league above. Liam Boyce is a more proven goalscorer at levels higher or equal to Cummings so I think he can provide. I guess it all comes down to money. For me, Cummings would have to be very very cheap. 

The cost would be important for me also, if it's cheap or a loan then what do we have to lose I suppose but I think he would be quite expensive for a player who would only play if Boyce or Naismith were out. And I suspect he would want to be at a team where he is going to start. 

35 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Been in hiding since his horrendous opening post. 

As a poster with a track record of posting garbage rumours the fact you’re having a go at someone else for doing so is really quite something. 

34 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The “phoodle gang” need to cuddle ma humpf!

A bunch of adolescent arseholes. 

Cummings is a wee shit but he would be our wee shit and he knows where the onion bag is!

Was Lafferty loved by the Jambos when he played at Ibrox? Or Naismith for that matter?

Uche, Wighton, Washington and MacLean were all nice guys but how many goals did they score between them. We need somebody who will score 20 goals for us.

Cummings is a complete idiot but I’m sure he’ll score goals in the Championship.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The phoodle out gang will be frothing like rabid dogs. 

A brucey bonus if he signs imo. 

Aye maybe but if your first reaction as a Hearts fan is to use a prospective signing as bait to have a go at other Hearts fans, then you need to have a word like. 

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

As a poster with a track record of posting garbage rumours the fact you’re having a go at someone else for doing so is really quite something. 

What goes around comes around. Your obsecion with me and my posts are quite something. 

There's been a Cummings to Hearts thread every transfer window since he left the vermin so I'm not convinced by this one either.

Daz's info is always appreciated bit it's also been inconsistent of late. 😆 No offence Daz, I like still your rumours despite the opening post of this thread.

56 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Been in hiding since his horrendous opening post. 

You've got a feking cheek 

Worst poster on here. Absolute slaver of the highest order.

ooh-aah-cantona

Motherwell’s backup keeper out injured for the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if JJ offers them Zlamal on a loan/permanent deal.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye maybe but if your first reaction as a Hearts fan is to use a prospective signing as bait to have a go at other Hearts fans, then you need to have a word like. 

It was my second thought. 

My feeling on him are clear, been about 100 threads on him. 

If he signs I think he'll do OK, he'll also bam up hibs. 

And as a brucy bonus he'll send certain folk into complete meltdown. 

Untwist your knickers. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Zen Jambo said:

Not scored since he left Hibs.

that won’t matter if we ever get championship played.

As for his character. Are we in a position to worry? 

It’s a ‘Meh’ from me. 

Not scored since he left hibs? 

:notsure:

10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You've got a feking cheek 

Worst poster on here. Absolute slaver of the highest order.

In good company then. 

Don't get the hype over Cummings.

Scored in the championship with Hibs but was rank rotten at Rangers where it is easier to score.

He's not better than what we have and when we go up he wouldn't be good enough FACT!!!!!!

not to mention the boys a d*ck 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not scored since he left hibs? 

:notsure:

Looks like 20 goals in 100 appearances. 

Off the field, I have no idea. 

We signed the bombscare (off the field) Lafferty... This could be a similar type signing. 

That said, it's no happening. 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Don't get the hype over Cummings.

Scored in the championship with Hibs but was rank rotten at Rangers where it is easier to score.

He's not better than what we have and when we go up he wouldn't be good enough FACT!!!!!!

not to mention the boys a d*ck 

He is better than Wighton FACT!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Motherwell’s backup keeper out injured for the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if JJ offers them Zlamal on a loan/permanent deal.

Zlamal won't be going anywhere I think. 

Either that or we will need another backup in for less wages. 

Robbie wants to have 3 keepers which is understandable for injuries/suspensions etc. 

Think Stone was to be No. 3 but he's out till January. That's why the boy from Livingston was brought in

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was my second thought. 

My feeling on him are clear, been about 100 threads on him. 

If he signs I think he'll do OK, he'll also bam up hibs. 

And as a brucy bonus he'll send certain folk into complete meltdown. 

Untwist your knickers. 

You're the one who is ripping the heid off it at the prospect of signing Cummings because it would piss off a section of the Hearts support. Have a word lad. :laugh2:

I'm sure if we signed Cummings and he did the business, no one would care. Even the phoodle oot Brigade as you put it. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

Uche, Wighton, Washington and MacLean were all nice guys but how many goals did they score between them. We need somebody who will score 20 goals for us.

Cummings is a complete idiot but I’m sure he’ll score goals in the Championship.

this :rifle:

Hungry hippo
23 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Zlamal won't be going anywhere I think. 

Either that or we will need another backup in for less wages. 

Robbie wants to have 3 keepers which is understandable for injuries/suspensions etc. 

Think Stone was to be No. 3 but he's out till January. That's why the boy from Livingston was brought in

I would have said the same but persistent rumours that Zlamal could be on his way so maybe could be moved on and a new number 2 brought in.

3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

His goalscoring record at Scottish Championship level is excellent. Not done much at a higher level but I'd take lots of goals this season as a good starting point.

He also likes a goal in the Scottish Cup which could be handy.

Yep, 69 goals in 3 seasons while in the championship, I'll take that kind of return next season.

Can he do it the season after? There's only one way to find out, he'd be a 26 year old arguably coming into his prime.

If he can't no harm done as long as he gets the goals that get us there. Boyce and naismith would be leaving us a little light up top and this is excmactly the type of player we need next season.... possibly beyond 

SomethingAboutObua

Don't think we'll let Zlamal go, he wasn't as atrocious as many seem to remember, good back up and the Challenge and League cup games will be his place to lose I'd expect. He's said before he ideally wants to go back to Czech and finish his career but his wife wants to stay and live in Scotland. Wonder which way he'll choose to go.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're the one who is ripping the heid off it at the prospect of signing Cummings because it would piss off a section of the Hearts support. Have a word lad. :laugh2:

I'm sure if we signed Cummings and he did the business, no one would care. Even the phoodle oot Brigade as you put it. 

It's a brucey bonus. 

No heids are being ripped. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is better than Wighton FACT!!!!!!

Yes that is true but wighton probably won't play much.

Boyce and Naismith are far better than him.

Think the new guy can play up top also.

Really don't want him anywhere near our club.

More trouble than he is worth sorry

2 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Maclean was a complete dickhead on a football pitch. Mind him in the semi against rangers, should of been sent off

Captain Canada
19 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

Maclean was a complete dickhead on a football pitch. Mind him in the semi against rangers, should of been sent off

Yep. And the league cup semi against Celtic. 

5 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Is Cummings a bit of a tit? Yes.

Is he a decent player? Yes.

Will he score goals? Yes.

Will he score more goals than the likes of Washington, Uche and Wighton? Yes.

Does he have something to prove? Yes.

I can put up with the first if he delivered on the pitch.

5 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Need more wanks in the team anyway, been a hole missing since Lafferty left imo 

all of the above for me 

10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

all of the above for me 

It's all irrelevant as far as I'm concerned as this will turn out to be a the same baseless rumour that comes up about Cummings At Least once a window

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Yes that is true but wighton probably won't play much.

Boyce and Naismith are far better than him.

Think the new guy can play up top also.

Really don't want him anywhere near our club.

More trouble than he is worth sorry

Boyce and Naismith have well documented issues with injuries which could leave us shirt up front 

Knows the league, well known he is a Hearts supporter and mire importantly can score goals. 

Every day of the week it’s a yes 

17 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Ahkmatov Highlights

Looks alright but the opposition look so slow (mostly college players) and all his good moments he's in acres of space, not sure how well he'd do in Scotland tbh. 

Exactly what I thought too.

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Boyce and Naismith have well documented issues with injuries which could leave us shirt up front 

Knows the league, well known he is a Hearts supporter and mire importantly can score goals. 

Does Boyce have well documented injury issues? Genuine question, I wasn’t aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Done his ACL at Burton.

Ah. Definitely a good idea to bring in a goal scorer to cover for his and Naismith’s absences going forward then.

Edited by Beast Boy

BackOfTheNet

I understand why people think Cummings will score in the Championship, he’s done it before. But who’s to say he’ll do it again? Since he left Hibs he’s had 90 games and scored 26 (league only it’s 14 in 85) in 3 years. Almost 1 in 3 is fairly decent but not prolific as folk are suggesting (even less so when focusing only on league games). We have a player on the books in Walker who shows just because you’ve done it once doesn’t mean you can repeat. Also, when playing for teams expected to play around 50 games a season at least (with cup appearances) he’s only played 90 out of what could have been 150+ - and I don’t know how many of the 90 games were full 90 mins or sub appearances. Point is those craving the player who scored all the goals for Hibs may be disappointed as he’s most likely not that player anymore.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

30 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Not scored many goals since he left Hibs so no guarantee he would score for us.

Last time I heard of him was for smashing up a flat drunk.

I'm sure Robbie will find someone else to get us out of the championship.

SomethingAboutObua
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I understand why people think Cummings will score in the Championship, he’s done it before. But who’s to say he’ll do it again? Since he left Hibs he’s had 90 games and scored 26 (league only it’s 14 in 85) in 3 years. Almost 1 in 3 is fairly decent but not prolific as folk are suggesting (even less so when focusing only on league games). We have a player on the books in Walker who shows just because you’ve done it once doesn’t mean you can repeat. Also, when playing for teams expected to play around 50 games a season at least (with cup appearances) he’s only played 90 out of what could have been 150+ - and I don’t know how many of the 90 games were full 90 mins or sub appearances. Point is those craving the player who scored all the goals for Hibs may be disappointed as he’s most likely not that player anymore.

good post, main thing for me is I don't think he's future proof, not enough shown in higher level leagues. I wouldn't be disappointed if he joined, but wouldn't be disappointed if we actually are talking to him and missed him.
That said, this is the weakest championship since the season before we last went in, I think any striker with previous Championship and top flight experience will hammer this league. 

TyphoonJambo

I actually think a front 3 of Naismith Boyce and Cummings would rip this shitty league up for ass paper. ****, i wouldn't even play with defenders. 7 atracking midfielders and those 3,simple.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

good post, main thing for me is I don't think he's future proof, not enough shown in higher level leagues. I wouldn't be disappointed if he joined, but wouldn't be disappointed if we actually are talking to him and missed him.
That said, this is the weakest championship since the season before we last went in, I think any striker with previous Championship and top flight experience will hammer this league. 

Having Boyce and Naismith should be more than enough for the Championship (although I consider myself on the cautious side and don’t think we’ll perform anywhere near the level that we did last time). I’d like to see someone come in as backup but Cummings for one will not want to be backup and seems an unnecessary disruption potential.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Where has this rumour come from?! 

Never going to happen.

Oor Daz has spoken so it must be true 🙄

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Oor Daz has spoken so it must be true 🙄

:gok:

Has he ever been correct? 

ITK'ers are just scatter gun hopefuls. Given up on them after that Joe Black Twitter twat during arbitration. 

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Jason Cummings is in talks.

Quality. 

Folk are going to lose their shit, till he starts banging them in :) 

I've wanted us to sign  him since he left Forrest. 

Edited by OTT