Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

While relegation (or rather expulsion) is never a good thing, it’s enforced a complete strip down and rebuild of the squad, which we’ve sorely needed for years. Good to see. Professional sport isn’t like any other business and ruthlessness is needed.

The sad thing is that of all those who have gone and the few who probably will go, we will not miss one of them. That just shows what a bloody awful squad we had. The money wasted on utter dross is frightening. In some respects relegation could/should give us the chance to rebuilt around the better players staying and giving the youth a chance. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

BackOfTheNet

I know I’m in the minority here but I’ll be sad to see Ikpeazu go. Nowhere near as bad as some people think he is. Personally I think it’s the usual parroting of pub chat again. He was unplayable before his injury and as other people have said he played running at defenders at that point and later got put up as a sole striker which isn’t his game. I’m not the only one who thinks he’s good though considering a Championship team with who seems a good manager wanting him. Sad to see him go but can see from the chat on here (and spanners on Twitter actually @ing him in their insults) that he’ll be better off away, for his sake.

57 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Uche to England would be a good move for club and player. He isn't a great player and has issues with how he fouls people. But he also got unfair treatment from Scottish referees that he won't get down south, which limited his impact for Hearts even more. Won't be sorry to see him go and amazed if he makes a meaningful impact at English Championship level.

I hope we're adding sell on clauses for both Uche and Washington. The money paid for players down south can be ridiculous so all it needs is for either player to hit a purple patch (unlikely as it may seem) and bigger teams may well think it worth buying them.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know I’m in the minority here but I’ll be sad to see Ikpeazu go. Nowhere near as bad as some people think he is. Personally I think it’s the usual parroting of pub chat again. He was unplayable before his injury and as other people have said he played running at defenders at that point and later got put up as a sole striker which isn’t his game. I’m not the only one who thinks he’s good though considering a Championship team with who seems a good manager wanting him. Sad to see him go but can see from the chat on here (and spanners on Twitter actually @ing him in their insults) that he’ll be better off away, for his sake.

I'm the same. 

If he is played & coaches properly he would be great at out level. 

Personally would have had a top 4 of

Boyce

Roberts     Naismith    Uche

Put him on the right, get the ball with him facing goal and running at the defenders in the championship... They wouldn't know what to do

If he does go the ln all the best. 

Can't fault his attitude or desire for a second

Uche will be playing in the conference in 2 years time. I'll eat my hat if he's a success even in the 3rd tier of English fitbaw. 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree with you. By no means a world beater - but did a lot of donkey work and popped up with some goals in big games.

he would have been good in the championship - even off the bench. Imagine as a championship CH being run ragged by Boyce/Naismith movement, to look over and see a battering ram getting ready to come on. 

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I hope we're adding sell on clauses for both Uche and Washington. The money paid for players down south can be ridiculous so all it needs is for either player to hit a purple patch (unlikely as it may seem) and bigger teams may well think it worth buying them.

:lol: 

Good luck Uche.  Wasn’t as shite as some make out but a very limited footballer who played in and scored some very important goals for the club.  Funny to think of him playing English championship football but sure they have another battering ram up top too. 

Edited by Last Laff

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

I'm the same. 

If he is played & coaches properly he would be great at out level. 

Personally would have had a top 4 of

Boyce

Roberts     Naismith    Uche

Put him on the right, get the ball with him facing goal and running at the defenders in the championship... They wouldn't know what to do

If he does go the ln all the best. 

Can't fault his attitude or desire for a second

That formation would work. Ikpeazu on the right can work, particularly with someone like Naismith’s movement. (Also shown in his assist to Lafferty vs Celtic)

The last paragraph - you’re bang on. Anyone can see his desire and effort, but there will be a few pub parrots about that will no doubt say just that I’m sure.

1 minute ago, waterboy11 said:

I agree with you. By no means a world beater - but did a lot of donkey work and popped up with some goals in big games.

he would have been good in the championship - even off the bench. Imagine as a championship CH being run ragged by Boyce/Naismith movement, to look over and see a battering ram getting ready to come on. 

He’s not worth the wages to come off the bench at Arbroath though. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, waterboy11 said:

This too. Personally as he showed in his first few months before injury he can play well and be a handful. He then got rushed back and wasn’t played the same way again it seemed. Partly down to injuries everywhere I think, he was asked to take on more responsibility up top, when what you’d want is the defenders to be occupied with the main strikers only for the ball to go out to Ikpeazu and he starts running and takes 3 players away from central positions to stop him.

All the best to Uche. He was a great character and I wanted him to be a success at Hearts. But too he often slowed the play down and didn't see passes. He could still do well in the game if someone can coach him to keep his arms down and stop wrestling with defenders.

Uche had one great game against Aberdeen but failed to show that level again. I do think he got a lot of bad ref decisions against him because of his size but that just sums up the mentality of refs in this country ( he would have won many more fouls playing for one of the uglies).

He then started falling over and exaggerating fouls to try to get fouls he should already be getting but that also worked against him.

Gave 100 % most of the time and wish him well.

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Farewell, Uche.

We'll always have McDiarmid Park. 😭

C'mon now, it's his stepovers before laying Hickey up for a screamer we should be remembering 😂

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Spot on

Stendelnator

Uche didn’t reach his potential here. Too busy falling over trying to win fouls when he should have been bullying defenders. 

Unplayable at times, and infuriating  at other times. You could always tell within 15 minutes which Uche has turned up. Shame it never worked out but he will not be a big loss. 

Edited by karipidis

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Unplayable at times, and infuriating  another times. You could always tell within 15 minutes which Uche has turned up. Shame it never worked out but he will not be a big loss. 

Pretty much bang on summary, he's not a goalscorer but caused so much carnage when on form. The problem we had is that he never got enough minutes playing with a striker that scores goals regularly like a Naismith or Boyce so onus fell on him. 

Hopefully our attackers will start to win fouls again since refs seemed to use rugby rules when Uche played.

Lucille's Thirsty

Good luck???  Every player should be ashamed of themselves for our predicament, good riddance to bad rubbish. 

we won 3 out of 30 games last season 😂

5 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Good luck???  Every player should be ashamed of themselves for our predicament, good riddance to bad rubbish. 

Correct. Won't be missed! 

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🙏 Zlamal,White,Damour and Wighton next.

Absolutely. Would happily see Walker out the door as well. 

Heartsofgold

Sad to see the big man go but he was on a hiding to nothing up here.  The refs were onto him from the get go and sided with weak centre halfs every ****ing time.  Good luck big man.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Absolutely. Would happily see Walker out the door as well. 

No for me,call it blind faith but I see a quality player in Jamie Walker.

Last chance saloon though.

jamboinglasgow

Will never forget his first competitive game when we played Cowdenbeath in the Betfred cup, the goalkeeper tried to dive out to knock the ball out of the air, bounced into Uche then went flying into the net.

Also never seen someone showboat by shielding the ball before.

I do think there is talent and he can be an effective striker, but he was not suited as much for us and refs were awful as they just couldn't understand that a defender could foul him. Bit sad to see him go, was hoping we would turn out good but never happened.

Good luck to him.

37 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Transfer fee's received for 3 utter huddy's that contributed to our horrendous form for 2 straight years. Won't be missed. 

Exactly.  Look where they got us.  I actually thought Clare was the best of the lot.  Transfer fees, I am laughing at that :) 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Walker's next big move will be Livingston, if he doesn't wake up.

Agreed.Time to man up.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Walker's next big move will be Livingston, if he doesn't wake up.

Yup. Been given far too many chances to progress his career. 

21 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Snap. This squad, under the mentality and guidance of CL, has been and by some distance, the most spineless feckless bunch I have seen in 30 + years of watching our wonderful club. 

I dont wish any of them any harm but, by the same token, get them to feck out of Gorgie and lets get back to being Hearts and having our identity back starting with pride in wearing the shirt with a degree of talent to boot...

Cheeeerio big lad...

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No for me,call it blind faith but I see a quality player in Jamie Walker.

Last chance saloon though.

Defo. Needs to pull the finger oot this season. I don't think Robbie has time for passengers tbh. 

Leveins Battalion

In all the shite that has gone on the last few months it has to be said that the work RN and JJ have done is clearing out so much dross is magnificent.

We have all stated how distant we felt from that lot,no connection etc.

Better times ahead.

Unknown user

I like Washington, with a bit of confidence he could be a striker, but I felt his game was more suited to an attacking midfielder. He can play, but you can't rely on him being a goalscorong focal point

Dallas Green
36 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ach, I don't mind him. But getting a fee(albeit it'll probably be the equivalent of his wages for two years) is good business, imo.

I'd estimate somewhere between £150-200k.

Think we'll manage without him though.

Yeah I agree.

If we get £150-200k for him then we can't really complain.

Uche is a strange one. If he stopped trying to be a WWF wrestling star, he might actually do quite well. The only thing he was interested in was showing everyone how strong he was while dragging people to the floor. Frustrating player to watch. 

rudi must stay

Good luck to Uche. Everyone wins and ultimately he's not a big loss as his final decision let's him down. Can see Robbie going for 1 up top like he did with Shankland. Boyce being the one and Naismith behind him keeping the defence honest with his trickery, I suppose a sort of false 9. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Brandon (new deal possibly Neilsons first move?)

Walker Haring possibly Butcher for balance Roberts

Naismith

Boyce 

Edited by rudi must stay

Never seen someone that scored and performed against Hibs as well as he did, set up a goal that beat Celtic with a great run, score in a cup semi final be treated with such disrespect

Uche was a decent player, and I hope we get a decent 6 figure fee for him - Championship club, will have cash. We are not ****ing foodbank where folk can come and get stuff for free. 

2 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Uche is a strange one. If he stopped trying to be a WWF wrestling star, he might actually do quite well. The only thing he was interested in was showing everyone how strong he was while dragging people to the floor. Frustrating player to watch. 

Do you not think it was as much the other clodhoppers in Scottish football that were more to blame for that, and the fact that refs gave him nothing? 

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Do you not think it was as much the other clodhoppers in Scottish football that were more to blame for that, and the fact that refs gave him nothing? 

No. Brought everything upon himself. One of the strongest players in the UK and would rather play the man than the ball. 

Edited by Djnoisy

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Never seen someone that scored and performed against Hibs as well as he did, set up a goal that beat Celtic with a great run, score in a cup semi final be treated with such disrespect

Uche was a decent player, and I hope we get a decent 6 figure fee for him - Championship club, will have cash. We are not ****ing foodbank where folk can come and get stuff for free. 

I agree. Although the trouble with Uche is that he turned up for the big games but did nothing against the likes of Hamilton. I liked him and I feel a bit sad that he's gone. I wish him well.