Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Can't really argue with any of the departures, but I reckon meshino was a player, and I'd take him back. What happens to all these players city sign at this level? He is not even listed on their website in any squad at all

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I really don't think Washington was that good. He tried hard and ran about a lot but I don't think he is any great loss.

:lol:

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Very much doubt Naismith wants to give 14 up, he’s had it most of his career and has it now.

So he has, too busy arguing with ***** in Twitter my heads up my arse.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I really don't think Washington was that good. He tried hard and ran about a lot but I don't think he is any great loss.

Spot on, if he hadn’t scored that goal at ER nobody would be bothered. Another high wage failure off the books. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, if he hadn’t scored that goal at ER nobody would be bothered. Another high wage failure off the books. 

😂

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

😂

Glad you think wasting £200k on this useless ***** is funny 

That-Day-In-May
2 hours ago, ericb said:

Can't really argue with any of the departures, but I reckon meshino was a player, and I'd take him back. What happens to all these players city sign at this level? He is not even listed on their website in any squad at all

Meshino was scared of the ball

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, That-Day-In-May said:

Meshino was scared of the ball

Eh? Not saying he wasn’t a disappointment after all the hype. Was clearly too naive to bullying tactics of defenders and got too wound up, and could be easily marked out of a game, but one thing he did have going for him was actually his willingness to get on the ball and have a pop. If anything he was too greedy at times, so your comment is strange to me.

BackOfTheNet
23 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Monday - Roberts in

Tuesday - Doyle out

Wednesday - Coaches confirmed

Thursday - ?

Friday - ?

Don't know if anything else will happen this week, but if I had to guess I’d say today will be the announcement of the new backup keeper that will have everyone reaching for their Alan Partridge shrug gifs and (hopefully) tomorrow Hickey’s departure has fee/contract clause announced.

UPDATED

Monday - Roberts in

Tuesday - Doyle out

Thursday - Stewart in / Washington out

Friday - ?

You do wonder if anything will happen today after the fiasco that was yesterday. Perhaps Hickey off? Rumours Ikpeazu wasn’t at training yesterday so could be off? Frear has been confirmed as part of training but not in any photos or videos, Akhmatov rumoured to be on trial too but no confirmation of this other than his Instagram post in Edinburgh last week. With training suspended could deals be offered to those two? Or will we advise them we’re going in another direction or ask them to hang around until training starts again? Curious to see how things may be affected with this alteration in training.

Raymond Reddington

I wonder if Akhmatov is in quarentine assuming he came over from U.S.A therefore would have been unable to do anything for 14 days? He may have not been able to train with us until about the 24th August anyway 🤷‍♂️.

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

I wonder if Akhmatov is in quarentine assuming he came over from U.S.A therefore would have been unable to do anything for 14 days? He may have not been able to train with us until about the 24th August anyway 🤷‍♂️.

If he was in quarantine then he wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been posting pictures of him standing on top of Arthur’s Seat on Instagram. 

12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Stephen o Donnell signing for Motherwell. Thought he was aiming higher than that.

He wants to be in the Scotland squad for the nations cup in October, and other than the SPL, there aren’t many leagues running that will guarantee him game time that are heavily scouted by the Scottish national team scouts. Motherwell also have Europe, so that’s a boost for him. 

BackOfTheNet
47 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Some say he’s a French citizen so perhaps he flew over from France after being there a while? Of course now they’ve got the quarantine too, so not sure how he’s affected. And we still have no real confirmation he’s trialling with us either.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

UPDATED

Monday - Roberts in

Tuesday - Doyle out

Thursday - Stewart in / Washington out

Friday - ?

You do wonder if anything will happen today after the fiasco that was yesterday. Perhaps Hickey off? Rumours Ikpeazu wasn’t at training yesterday so could be off? Frear has been confirmed as part of training but not in any photos or videos, Akhmatov rumoured to be on trial too but no confirmation of this other than his Instagram post in Edinburgh last week. With training suspended could deals be offered to those two? Or will we advise them we’re going in another direction or ask them to hang around until training starts again? Curious to see how things may be affected with this alteration in training.

There can be little doubt that any effect on recruitment can only be bad. Only an extremely lazy player would be keen to come to a club with training suspended, and how do you check out how a player looks at training if there is no training? Unless it had already been decided that no more players were going to be signed (and I doubt that is the case), then we will almost certainly miss out on one or two targets. Another boost for Hibs as the the semi-final approaches, Rod Petrie will be particularly sorry about that.

17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

O'Donnell only a 5 month deal until the next window :laugh:

I bet Robbie and Lee have been in his ear.

If we wanted him why not just sign him now?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

because we still have smith and his relatively big wage 

1 minute ago, biffy said:

because we still have smith and his relatively big wage 

So if Smith goes before the start of the season we will have Brandon as the only established right back at the club and wait until January to sign him?

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

If he was in quarantine then he wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been posting pictures of him standing on top of Arthur’s Seat on Instagram. 

Let’s not go there... 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Who is akhamatov?

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

So if Smith goes before the start of the season we will have Brandon as the only established right back at the club and wait until January to sign him?

Quite possibly.

Said it a few times, all these international players need to be playing with Euro 2021 around the corner.

So he's not got a suitable offer from England and he needs to play until the Scotland play offs. He's shown no commitment to Motherwell with that deal and by the time January comes, we should be back to normal.

Just a theory.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

If true - what a twit 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Quite possibly.

Said it a few times, all these international players need to be playing with Euro 2021 around the corner.

So he's not got a suitable offer from England and he needs to play until the Scotland play offs. He's shown no commitment to Motherwell with that deal and by the time January comes, we should be back to normal.

Just a theory.

Re international players selection 

for years Northern Ireland have selected players from outside the top leagues, it won’t matter what league Smith and Boyce are playing in, as long as they are playing regularly, Northern Ireland’s selection pool is small and rather limited, always has been

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

for years Northern Ireland have selected players from outside the top leagues, it won’t matter what league Smith and Boyce are playing in, as long as they are playing regularly, Northern Ireland’s selection pool is small and rather limited, always has been

Boycey and Naismith aren't fussed, Souttar probably wouldn't have been fit. If Michael Smith can't find a championship team down south then money wise, Hearts are probably better.

Probably what O'Donnell has found out.

1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Good point although, popping up Arthur's Seat is not really quarantining. Probably wait till we sign him then impose a 20 point penalty and make us play behind close doors, barefoot.

36 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If we signed him and Smith didn't go, we'd be paying an extra wage that we didn't need to.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He wants to go the championship down south, which is why Oxford signed Clare instead. 
I think we have a much smaller budget than usual, which needs to be used in other areas. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It might matter that their first games are in September and they will have had 3 weeks of training if they’re lucky. 

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If we signed him and Smith didn't go, we'd be paying an extra wage that we didn't need to.

Exactly. It'll be players out before players in at positions we are fine in.

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

What's the 200k in reference to Washington?

Wages for the year?

Fag packet maths from a disgruntled fan.

25 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Fag packet maths from a disgruntled fan.

It won't be far off that tbh.

That's in or around what some of the top earners will be getting.

Edited by Lovecraft

21 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The 4th and 5th Tier teams in England are probably better than 99% of teams in our Championship.

:laugh: probably.

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Just on a side note to that. Cammy Logan has just signed a new 2 year deal. I understand he isn’t an established right back but maybe the see him as a Hickey style project as they are reluctant to let him go out on loan

Boy at work tells me Hibs have signed mcrorie for 300k and will be announced tomorrow. Not bad for a club who had the begging bowl out a month ago..

1 minute ago, Jambo4050 said:

Boy at work tells me Hibs have signed mcrorie for 300k and will be announced tomorrow. Not bad for a club who had the begging bowl out a month ago..

No doubt Boyle is on his way to Stoke then.

2 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

I think they are buying Docherty from Rangers too. 

Hectormasson
32 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

F....k them !!!......

From Daily Record:

Championship new boys Wycombe Wanderers want Uche Ikpeazu, writes Scott Burns.

The newly-promoted side are keen to land the Hearts striker.

The 25-year-old is one of Hearts’ bigger earners but head coach Robbie Neilson is prepared to let him go to add to his own squad.

Ikpeazu made an impact under Craig Levein but fell down the pecking order under Daniel Stendel at the end of the season.

That has alerted Wycombe who sees him as a similar frontman to Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Chairboys boss Gareth Ainsworth wants the former Watford and Cambridge United forward to help his team make an impact after their shock promotion.

Hearts have already moved on several players with Conor Washington being sold to Charlton Athletic and Sean Clare to Oxford United

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Ikpeazu a big earner? Surprised at that

I always presumed he was on a very low wage but as someone pointed out, Levein gave him that new deal (2022) during his first year. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ikpeazu a big earner? Surprised at that

He signed a new contract after impressing fairly quickly. 

Levein got a bit excited probably. 

If we can get him off the wage bill then it's a no brainer. Frees wages up to bring someone in that doesn't fall on their back side at every turn. One of the most frustrating players to have played for us recently. At times he looked unplayable but ever since he was injured he has never been the same. 

48 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

Watched him at Pompey a lot last year and was honestly very underwhelmed.