Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874

Think he could be effective in the champ under Robbie but have to say if we can get a fee and another big earner of the books it will fit all round..

squad defo looking a bit thin now. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think he could be effective in the champ under Robbie but have to say if we can get a fee and another big earner of the books it will fit all round..

squad defo looking a bit thin now. 

I figured we wouldn't sign any striker with what we have but if he is willing to offload Uche and can get a fee then I reckon he must have someone lined up already. 

15 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

Watched him at Pompey a lot last year and was honestly very underwhelmed. 

You're not alone going by the replies to this tweet.

23 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

From Daily Record:

Championship new boys Wycombe Wanderers want Uche Ikpeazu, writes Scott Burns.

The newly-promoted side are keen to land the Hearts striker.

The 25-year-old is one of Hearts’ bigger earners but head coach Robbie Neilson is prepared to let him go to add to his own squad.

Ikpeazu made an impact under Craig Levein but fell down the pecking order under Daniel Stendel at the end of the season.

That has alerted Wycombe who sees him as a similar frontman to Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Chairboys boss Gareth Ainsworth wants the former Watford and Cambridge United forward to help his team make an impact after their shock promotion.

Hearts have already moved on several players with Conor Washington being sold to Charlton Athletic and Sean Clare to Oxford United

Bloody hope so!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

I figured we wouldn't sign any striker with what we have but if he is willing to offload Uche and can get a fee then I reckon he must have someone lined up already. 

you have to assume Wighton is not part of the plans. Leaves us with only boyce and naisy. Need at least one more 

whats zeefuik doing 😂

English championship would be very tempting for big Ikpeazu.  Much (much much) higher standard, guaranteed to actually take place, earlier start date etc.

Can see this happening.

kingantti1874
Just now, AndrewB said:

English championship would be very tempting for big Ikpeazu.  Much (much much) higher standard, guaranteed to actually take place, earlier start date etc.

Can see this happening.

absolutely, it’s a better move than Washington or Clare have accepted 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you have to assume Wighton is not part of the plans. Leaves us with only boyce and naisy. Need at least one more 

whats zeefuik doing 😂

Hopefully Wycombe want him.

33 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

From Daily Record:

The 25-year-old is one of Hearts’ bigger earners but head coach Robbie Neilson is prepared to let him go to add to his own squad.

Ikpeazu made an impact under Craig Levein but fell down the pecking order under Daniel Stendel at the end of the season.

That has alerted Wycombe who sees him as a similar frontman to Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Chairboys boss Gareth Ainsworth wants the former Watford and Cambridge United forward to help his team make an impact after their shock promotion.

Hearts have already moved on several players with Conor Washington being sold to Charlton Athletic and Sean Clare to Oxford United

English Championship would be a good move for him. A deal that would suit both parties I'd imagine. 

23 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Uche and Akinfenwa up front, wouldn't fancy being the centre half against them 😥

Depends on the refereeing in England.

Championship refs are okay and let the game flow mostly. 

2 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

English Championship would be a good move for him. A deal that would suit both parties I'd imagine. 

We might even get a fee for him. Undisclosed of course.

36 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He signed a new contract after impressing fairly quickly. 

Levein got a bit excited probably. 

A good piece of business then - if we signed him for free and now get a fee, that's tremendous. 

1 hour ago, ritchies75 said:

From Daily Record:

If he’s needing a lift to the Airport, I’m your man 👍

Uche to England would be a good move for club and player. He isn't a great player and has issues with how he fouls people. But he also got unfair treatment from Scottish referees that he won't get down south, which limited his impact for Hearts even more. Won't be sorry to see him go and amazed if he makes a meaningful impact at English Championship level.

Finlay James
2 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Just on a side note to that. Cammy Logan has just signed a new 2 year deal. I understand he isn’t an established right back but maybe the see him as a Hickey style project as they are reluctant to let him go out on loan

Like Hickey, Logan is an excellent footballer.

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Wycombe want Uche!  :party: 🎉 

🙏  Take him!  Just take him!

Oh pleaaaaaaaaaase take him. Get him to ****.

I'd just like to say I'm very happy with the departures this season. The more the merrier. It's pretty evident now that a new school of thought is firmly in charge and the dross is leaving. There's no room for sentiment in football, especially in our case. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Still cringe at the thought of the 'we're not worthy' shite for Uche.

Another wage gone! Thanks JJ.

Not as bad as the thread ‘Uche is so tough that he makes.......’ cringe factor was embarrassing 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Not as bad as the thread ‘Uche is so tough that he makes.......’ cringe factor was embarrassing 

Oh aye :laugh:

:facepalm:

38 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

You’d think with all this emptying there will be one or two on the way in ? 

Almost certainly but the squad was bloated and needed gutted.

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Another player not fit to wear the strip going. 

Any chat of the fee?

I'd take pretty much anything.

Tranfermarkt says he's worth £250k. I imagine it'll be less.

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'd take pretty much anything.

Tranfermarkt says he's worth £250k. I imagine it'll be less.

I think it’s more like how much we give them to take him 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Just need to shift Zlamal, White, Damour, Lee, Wighton to purge Leveins pish from the club. 

I would imagine Damour would be on the most out of those you mention so hopefully he will be next.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Just need to shift Zlamal, White, Damour, Lee, Wighton to purge Leveins pish from the club. 

I think it’s coming. Patience 😉 I expect most or all of your list to be gone by the end of this window. Hopefully so 👍

SwindonJambo

While relegation (or rather expulsion) is never a good thing, it’s enforced a complete strip down and rebuild of the squad, which we’ve sorely needed for years. Good to see. Professional sport isn’t like any other business and ruthlessness is needed.

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

While relegation (or rather expulsion) is never a good thing, it’s enforced a complete strip down and rebuild of the squad, which we’ve sorely needed for years. Good to see. Professional sport isn’t like any other business and ruthlessness is needed.

Except we seem to do it every other year! Would love to see Neilson build a squad that we basically keep together for a good few years with only a couple of changes each window. The revolving door approach is expensive and doesn't work. 

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would imagine Damour would be on the most out of those you mention so hopefully he will be next.

I'd take a stab in the dark and say he's probably on more than everyone in that list combined

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Exactly. Another Budgement Day getting rid of the dross would be welcomed. 

NaturalOrder74
31 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Almost certainly but the squad was bloated and needed gutted.

cant say I’m particularly bothered about any of the names leaving to be fair, complete disconnected from the support, think Sean was the only one remotely showing potential that’s left so far 

Mass departures in 2013 due to administration then in 2017 after the failed CL experiment with Cathro and flooding the squad with out of contract journeymen.

Now it is 2020 and squad cleansing of Levein's square pegs brought in on overly long contracts.

Oh for the surprises of the Romanov era.  Will we ever see a Skacelesque signing ever again?