Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

20 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Uche was frustrating to watch. He was unplayable before the injury, and was never the same afterwards. He was a character. Met him at one of those things they had in the Gorgie Suite. A very humble big chap, and just an all round good guy. I wish the big man nothing but the best of luck in the future. 

Looked like someone had done a jobby in his favourite trainers at one I was at. His face was absolutely tripping him.

In hindsight though, it wasn't long after Stendel had taken over and I don't think they necessarily got on. He might also have just been told he was surplus to requirements. 

Met him another time though and he was totally fine - chatted away, and was brilliant with my wee boy who absolutely adores him. Not looking forward to telling him his favourite player is leaving 😕

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Neilson could only possibly be eyeing Adebayor for the derby semi-final... 👀

Does that to Doncaster when we go up to lift the Scottish cup. 

:glorious:

SomethingAboutObua

Would be fine with Walker going if we were guaranteeing his starting XI place to a youth player (Assuming Walker is to be a starter).  We need to start giving youth players a consistent run and opportunities, look at that boy that's just left to Airdrie because he didn't see any path to first team football

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Frank Adebayor from Ugandan 3rd division?

Victorien Adebayor has a decent record in Ghanaian football according to Wikipedia. 🤔

(No I’m not taking the Adebayor thing seriously)

Tennant's  6's
40 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Off topic slightly but back in the day when Rangers were pursuing Walker, the laddie McCrorie (that Hibs are now chasing) was one of two youngsters that Hearts highlighted as possible make weights (in addition to cash) as a potential deal. Rangers balked and JW went down south.

Damn it, that would have been some deal. 

McCrorie would be ideal for our midfield, back then & now. 

Surely walker must know that he needs to up his game to stay here, it's all down hill from here were he to leave 

Tennant's  6's
11 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Would be fine with Walker going if we were guaranteeing his starting XI place to a youth player (Assuming Walker is to be a starter).  We need to start giving youth players a consistent run and opportunities, look at that boy that's just left to Airdrie because he didn't see any path to first team football

Yeah, he's not good enough to play No.10, doesn't have the personality for it, maybe lacking the pace to play out wide. 

McDonald could be groomed for that role, if he gets working, he does have the touch, technique for it. 

56 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Nothing new to the names already being branded about, damour is a struggle to move due to his wage but both club and player are trying 

Thank you once again Mr Levein.

33 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Uche was frustrating to watch. He was unplayable before the injury, and was never the same afterwards. He was a character. Met him at one of those things they had in the Gorgie Suite. A very humble big chap, and just an all round good guy. I wish the big man nothing but the best of luck in the future. 

Our coaching last season was appalling Uche was playing the wrong game always seen by Refs as the aggressor when he was actually being fouled.  Also some of the balls punted at him were amateur league stuff.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Yoda said:

Seriously how after Oshaniwa and Martin are we still in the same old mess?

****ing criminal.

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He has no shame that guy. 

I haven't listened to sportsound for ages, but last time he was on, he was pontificating about how to run a football club with youth development at the core..

Hopefully Damour has some pride and just goes to some club that's willing to take him, even if he takes a bit of a financial hit. He was crap last season when he should've been one of the leading players 

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't think Frear will accept the short term contract tbh.

Na a bit strange, we know his circumstances would have thought if we wanted him would have offered a bit more.

Uche was never the same player after that foot injury. His style changed and he spent more time wrestling and looking for fouls than playing football.

He’s just another player who won’t be missed imo.

6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Rassambek Akhmatov is still in Edinburgh going by is last Instagram story.

That's the Hampton Hilton hotel at Haymarket so aye definitely still in Edinburgh. Dunno what the IYKYK (if you know you know) means, but it's in maroon so might be a hint. 

45F8CF9C-9408-4BD7-885C-DB350BBDF935.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Nothing as of yet it will be more of a one out one in system, hickey leaves left back get the green light to join etc. Our window will have been slowed down a little due to the training issue 

It might give Neilson more chance to look at players and accelerate deals  I suppose. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's the Hampton Hilton hotel at Haymarket so aye definitely still in Edinburgh. Dunno what the IYKYK (if you know you know) means, but it's in maroon so might be a hint. 

I’m an old ***** but I think it’s “if you know you know” but I will ask a youngster to confirm 😜.

3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Uche will be playing in the conference in 2 years time. I'll eat my hat if he's a success even in the 3rd tier of English fitbaw. 

Wycombe will play in the second tier next season I think

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Going by watching the training clips Damour has been a stand out 😂

You're right lol. Looking Sharp, quick, and there's a clip of him making a cracking pass, one of him winning a nice tackle, and he scored a mad scissor kick 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m an old ***** but I think it’s “if you know you know” but I will ask a youngster to confirm 😜.

What I mean is I don't know what he means by it haha. It does mean "if you know you know" 👍🏻

54 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Never doubted his commitment. Just wish a few others had the same attitude, but sadly he was never Hearts class.

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If you know you know with a maroon colour. Think it's probably a giant hint. Strange he's not had a trial though. Or at least that we know of 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

What I mean is I don't know what he means by it haha. It does mean "if you know you know" 👍🏻

Sorry, who knows 🤣.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

If you know you know with a maroon colour. Think it's probably a giant hint. Strange he's not had a trial though. Or at least that we know of 

Frear has been training for 2 weeks according to Barry Anderson, but you won’t see a clip or instagram post about it. Akhmatov for all we know could be doing the same amount of training. Interesting post as you would think he wouldn’t post that unless he’s signing or assumes he is.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He couldn’t be less Interested, bet he was chuffed when he heard about the training stopping. Can only hope Warnock might take him to Boro 🤞🙏!

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Farewell, Uche.

We'll always have McDiarmid Park. 😭

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

C'mon now, it's his stepovers before laying Hickey up for a screamer we should be remembering 😂

His volley v ICT wasn’t too shabby either, but for me it has to be roasting that overrated wee ned wank Tierney in the 1-0 win.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Washington has already left us. 

meant to say another 6 players after uche as he will be gone by the weekend and Washington is already away ,We still have a load off dross to get rid off :rifle:

Got a text from my mate in Manchester who is usually quite in the know about a lot of the stuff in their championship and he reckons we are in for................. Jason! Hate to raise the possibility again but.......!

Not sure that I share in the glee at players like Washington and Uche leaving without any quality players coming in. 

Washington and Uche would have destroyed the Championship.

In Robbie we must trust though!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Got a text from my mate in Manchester who is usually quite in the know about a lot of the stuff in their championship and he reckons we are in for................. Jason! Hate to raise the possibility again but.......!

who? 

Fxxx the SPFL
36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

could be fake if that was taken at 20.09 there was no sun at that time overcast as feck in Edinburgh since around six thirty.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

could be fake if that was taken at 20.09 there was no sun at that time overcast as feck in Edinburgh since around six thirty.

Was posted over 2 hours before that.

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

What part of Edinburgh?

Where I live the Sun came out mid afternoon and has remained all day.

42 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

A stand out last season as well if you think about it.  

SomethingAboutObua
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Not sure that I share in the glee at players like Washington and Uche leaving without any quality players coming in. 

Washington and Uche would have destroyed the Championship.

In Robbie we must trust though!

Hope folk aren't gleeful about Washington, would've humped the Championship definitely. Good move for both to get him off the wage bill and keep his career on the right track though.

Wonder if we're placing a lot of faith in Wighton?..

hoping we can pick up a prolific young striker with all the outgoings happening. Have to say I'm a big fan of streamlining the squad to give the young boys a proper opportunity this season, never a better time for it

42 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If You Know You Know?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

What part of Edinburgh?

Where I live the Sun came out mid afternoon and has remained all day.

been overcast here in Trinity the last three hours could be the Haar from the forth it was lovely earlier we were sitting outside chain pier for a we rose wine

9 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Wasn't taken at that time look it was taken 2 hours before that on Instagram

Your looking at the time on the phone.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Reid1874 said:

Wasn't taken at that time look it was taken 2 hours before that on Instagram

Your looking at the time on the phone.

aye that's been pointed out to me that's why my IT skills are pish

16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Screenshot_2020-08-14-20-58-32-515_com.android.chrome.png

Edit

Beaten by Lovecraft :sad:

Edited by Tommy Brown

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

The screenshot from the phone was 2009 but the post was 2 hrs before