Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/karlo-butic/profil/spieler/388121

Thoughts on Butic?

10 goals in 27 appearances in Serie C

21 years old

Inter U19 and Torino

Same height as Uche

Same market value as Uche

Free agent

After making his debut in the Croatian second tier for his hometown club Zadar in the 2015–16 season at the age of 16, he joined Italian club Inter Milan, where he was assigned to the Under-19 team. He won the Campionato Nazionale Primavera with the team. He also was the top scorer of the 2017 Torneo di Viareggio with 6 goals

For the 2017–18 season, he joined another Italian club Torino, again being assigned to the Under-19 team. He won the Coppa Italia Primavera with the squad and also became the team's best scorer of the season with 20 goals.

Edited by Sertse

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Signing strikers that are never likely to score many is a trait of Hearts,time to change that.

We also seem to have bad luck signing strikers that are goal scorers then lose that ability when they put a Hearts strip on

Nice video released by Hearts there about the new signings Stewart, Forrest and McCulloch.

Thought all 3 spoke very well and can see in their personalities why Neilson has brought them in. 

Edited by Famous 1874

28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thanks for the goal at ER,as my old man would say Washington was powderpuff,similar to Wighton.

Hopefully get rid of those 2 and bring in another striker.

Your old man should start watching rugby then.

so now we're looking at -

Keepers = Gordon, Zlamal, Stewart

Right backs = Smith, Brandon

Centre backs = Halkett, Souttar, Berra, Hamilton

Left backs = Garuccio, White, Hickey (apparently on the way out)

Centre mids = Haring, Lee, Irving, Cochrane, C.Smith, Damour (hopefully trying to shift)

Wide areas = Roberts, Walker, Moore, McDonald, Henderson 

Strikers = Naismith, Boyce, Ikpeazu, Wighton

with Frier on trial and apparently an american uni centre mid being looked at. I reckon we're going to see a lot of game time for younger players this season

John Findlay

Adam Rooney left Aberdeen, to sign for Salford just after they got promoted to the EFL2. That tells you all you need to know about the finance differences between England and Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Nice video released by Hearts there about the new signings Stewart, Forrest and McCulloch.

Thought all 3 spoke very well and can see in their personalities why Neilson has brought them in. 

Who is that at 2.35? Frear?

Leveins Battalion
16 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Your old man should start watching rugby then.

Or its an fair opinion of a guy who has contributed nowt in a relegation season:greggy:

30 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

We also seem to have bad luck signing strikers that are goal scorers then lose that ability when they put a Hearts strip on

You would almost think that was due to the crap service they receive within a crap style of football. 

24 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Be no slackers with these lads in charge! Can't wait! #HHGH

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

You would almost think that was due to the crap service they receive within a crap style of football. 

Well John Sutton had service from Templeton and Skacel to be fair but struggled. I'm not only referring to recent times. 

18 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

so now we're looking at -

Keepers = Gordon, Zlamal, Stewart

Right backs = Smith, Brandon

Centre backs = Halkett, Souttar, Berra, Hamilton

Left backs = Garuccio, White, Hickey (apparently on the way out)

Centre mids = Haring, Lee, Irving, Cochrane, C.Smith, Damour (hopefully trying to shift)

Wide areas = Roberts, Walker, Moore, McDonald, Henderson 

Strikers = Naismith, Boyce, Ikpeazu, Wighton

with Frier on trial and apparently an american uni centre mid being looked at. I reckon we're going to see a lot of game time for younger players this season

Need a new decent CM. 

Loads in there that I wouldn't trust to go 5 games without getting injured. Naismith, all the full backs bar Hickey, Souter, Haring, Walker.

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Adam Rooney left Aberdeen, to sign for Salford just after they got promoted to the EFL2. That tells you all you need to know about the finance differences between England and Scotland.

Rooney was on the decline an was out of favour with Aberdeen by the end. Salford are also the pet project several wealthy ex-Man United players so they get a lot of outside investment.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Need a new decent CM. 

Loads in there that I wouldn't trust to go 5 games without getting injured. Naismith, all the full backs bar Hickey, Souter, Haring, Walker.

It'll be Akhmatov most likely.

Looking a bit thin at RB as well

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Rooney was on the decline an was out of favour with Aberdeen by the end. Salford are also the pet project several wealthy ex-Man United players so they get a lot of outside investment.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Bit dissapointing about Washington, but financially sensible.

Hoping Warnock makes a nice bid for Damour, and someone like Plymouth take Uche off of our hands. As he's another who's done well out of the club.

:spoton:

31 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hickey looks like he has had a bit of growth spurt.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Hickey looks like he has had a bit of growth spurt.

Longer neck after asking for guaranteed first team playing time in Serie A

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Need a new decent CM. 

Due to not playing for months now will give the injury prone time to give their bodies a rest. This might be a blessing in disguise for us.

weegie jambo

I worry at us getting rid of Washington. I feel he didn't get a good crack at a prolonged time in the team,  and although he isn't a prolific goalscorer he was the kind of experienced forward to run the channels and cause problems for defences, bit like Stephen Elliot. We are now left with our main man Boyce, an injury prone and aging Naismith, Whighton, who has proven to be not up to scratch and Uche, who is a useful tool but never a 20 goals, or even 10 goals a season man! Hope Robbie has an ace or two up his sleeve or a couple of youngsters suddenly turn into Harry kane!

Leveins Battalion
Just now, weegie jambo said:

I worry at us getting rid of Washington. I feel he didn't get a good crack at a prolonged time in the team,  and although he isn't a prolific goalscorer he was the kind of experienced forward to run the channels and cause problems for defences, bit like Stephen Elliot. We are now left with our main man Boyce, an injury prone and aging Naismith, Whighton, who has proven to be not up to scratch and Uche, who is a useful tool but never a 20 goals, or even 10 goals a season man! Hope Robbie has an ace or two up his sleeve or a couple of youngsters suddenly turn into Harry kane!

Aye but we don't play until the middle of October.Plenty time to shape the squad.

Shifting the dross out was always the priority and we have done pretty good in a few weeks!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

A bit disappointed that Washington is away as he provided a bit of movement and pace up front but he seemed to arrive short of confidence and our management team for a large part of the season was the worst possible at getting the players to show self belief. Thank's for the goal at ER Conor ,  loved that moment!

2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

With the wage he was on, he wouldn’t have been worth it in the championship - especially considering he rarely scores. 

Just now, sum31uk said:

2:35 looks like Macdonald to me. 

I'd be interested to know who this is though:

image.png.aab0b8a74c46650b87407466b4559c7e.png

Chris Hamilton.

weegie jambo
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aye but we don't play until the middle of October.Plenty time to shape the squad.

Shifting the dross out was always the priority and we have done pretty good in a few weeks!!!

Yeah, I get that, but Washington was never dross, maybe a high earner hence the move but dross, no!

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Washington leaving is hugely disappointing but we are playing at a terrible level. We can replace him with a worse player on cheaper wages and still walk the league. 

Although still early doors, I personally don’t see any long terms signing coming into the club. Once promoted we will have yet another overhaul of the squad. 

Winning the cup would get us into Europe I believe or have I got that wrong? That could attract some good players next season but I’ll admit it’s unlikely because the cup has already got Celtic’s name on it. 

Just now, Flaps_98 said:

Chris Hamilton

Nice, looks bigger than last time I saw him. He will need to have bulked up in order to play against the hammer throwers we will be up against in the Championship.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Yeah, I get that, but Washington was never dross, maybe a high earner hence the move but dross, no!

Average player,won't be missed like everybody else who has gone so far.

Robbie is calling it 100% right.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think he could have been a good player for us. Never really got going though and was always going to be one who left given his probable salary. 

weegie jambo
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

maybe have to disagree on Washington. I trust Robbie but our forward line is looking a little thread bare right now.  Was sorry to see Clare go too but Doyle wont be missed and Damour I imagine is on good wages for slowing very little so wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Jamboscanbevicius

Washington gone is good. He's a decent player but would be easily one of our top 3-4 earners, and not sure we could justify that. Good luck to him but I don't think he'll be hugely missed.

18 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Washington leaving is hugely disappointing but we are playing at a terrible level. We can replace him with a worse player on cheaper wages and still walk the league. 

Although still early doors, I personally don’t see any long terms signing coming into the club. Once promoted we will have yet another overhaul of the squad. 

Winning the cup would get us into Europe I believe or have I got that wrong? That could attract some good players next season but I’ll admit it’s unlikely because the cup has already got Celtic’s name on it. 

...nope, was handed to 4th place when the league was called... you know, just in case it was us that qualified, probably.

I never noticed Uche in the training vid right enough, could be something in it.  Last time that happened Morrison was off to Falkirk (Roberts wearing CM training top) , also Washington off talking to Charlton.

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I never noticed Uche in the training vid right enough, could be something in it.  Last time that happened Morrison was off to Falkirk, also Washington off talking to Charlton.

Well spotted

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I never noticed Uche in the training vid right enough, could be something in it.  Last time that happened Morrison was off to Falkirk, also Washington off talking to Charlton.

Hopefully. Taken far too much money from the club considering what we’ve got in return. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Good luck to him. Worth signing for that goal alone :)

image.png.52a718daaad9e3f3eb4eb19bd3530640.png

image.png.28e69a916266bf53cfcb58cf6835962d.png

Is that Lee Bowyer in the picture? Looks like Connor dad gave him a lift and just hung around for the signing. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I never noticed Uche in the training vid right enough, could be something in it.  Last time that happened Morrison was off to Falkirk (Roberts wearing CM training top) , also Washington off talking to Charlton.

I thought Uche was in one of the videos posted today , possibly the introducing the new faces one.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Just hopeful. Think Damour is willing to leave, unlike the Oshinawa/Martin situation. 

Just hoping Neil does us a solid by taking a gamble on him again. I'll take Accrington Stanley or similar, if not. You can get three Craig Wighton's for one Loic Damour with the wages he'd free up.

And Gucci Uche.

Please no!  One Craig WIghton is more than enough thank you.  Although who is the guy Stanley from Accrington that you refer to, could he do a job?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Better team when Washington played. Sign of the times we swap him out for Roberts, cost cutting exercise baring its teeth really