Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Loan until January. Stone having minor surgery. Common sense move 

Followed by your common sense post to show it can be done.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Heard any other whispers mate?

Nothing imminent, depending on talks with frear more likely a couple outgoings before another incoming 👍🏻

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Are you sure he's cheaper, or is that the only thing that makes sense to you in this signing? And why would Kilmarnock prefer the third choice keep from the three worst Premiership keepers of last season when, with a little effort, they could have signed Stewart, unless they think Doyle is better than him? He'd have been just as cheap for them as he is for us, too. 

Of course, hopefully I am totally wrong, and he turns out to be better than Zlamal (who might be leaving, I don't know) and it's Kilmarnock (and Livingston) who've messed up, but with three of our last four keeper signings being disasters, I'm none too confident over this one and would have preferred to have seen us sign a known to be good, aging keeper as back up until Harry Stone is ready to take his place on the bench (assuming Stone is destined to be the keeper many think he will be).

Don't know for a fact but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he's on a lot lower wages. Livingstone's 3rd choice keeper won't be on much.

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Nothing imminent, depending on talks with frear more likely a couple outgoings before another incoming 👍🏻

Cheers. 

Portable Badger

Exclusive: Striker arrives at Valley to sign for Charlton Athletic after breakthrough

13th August 2020 at 12:22pm

Charlton Athletic are set to sign Hearts striker Conor Washington today after a breakthrough in talks, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 28-year-old has one year-left on his contract at Tynecastle Park and the Edinburgh-club look set to cash in this summer rather than lose him on a free in 12 months time.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that the centre-forward is at The Valley to finalise a move to the League One club.

He will put pen to paper on two-year deal with the The Addicks for an undisclosed fee.

Washington was part of a Hearts team that suffered relegation from the Scottish Premiership last season after the SPFL took the decision to curtail the campaign.

He made 22 appearances in all competitions and scored four goals having been sidelined for a large period of 2019 with a ruptured thigh muscle.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Don't know for a fact but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he's on a lot lower wages. Livingstone's 3rd choice keeper won't be on much.

I doubt he signed for Livingston as third choice keeper and so his wages won't be as bad as you suggest, and do you know whether or not we continue to pay part of Doyle's wages? If we do, then the drop in cost might not be all that much, or anything at all. 

Normally, third choice keeper wouldn't bother me that much, at all, but after last season, and with, as many have pointed out, Craig Gordon's injury problems, third choice might become second, and as we found last season with Zlamal's iffy form, third choice might become first!

heartsfc_fan

Good luck to Washington.

Liked his work rate but ultimately we could probably get somebody else in on lesser money who could be more effective in front of goal.

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jon Daly... Was interim manager a while back, was on our coaching staff for a couple of years. Ex Dundee Utd striker.

Ah right got you, cheers 

Bit gutted he's gone tbh. Don't think we got the best of him due to the absolute shitfest of last season.

Ah well.

Good luck Conor.

BackOfTheNet

Best for all involved that Washington deal. The way Scottish football plays (hoofs up the park and worrying about getting pummelled by those two) meant there was never much space to run in behind which is his game. Maybe he could’ve adapted but we’ll never know and his wages plus a small fee can mean incomings now more likely.

Washington worked hard but we've had more than enough non-scoring forwards at the club. No great loss at all.

That-Day-In-May

That’s two players we signed on a free transfer away for a profit. As much as they may of made a difference this year, we will now have more money for RN to build his own squad. Good business IMO.

thehibsareintheirbeds

So that's clare, bozanic and washington all gone- the three scorers from our easter road win- one of few high points of the season.

Makes sense for washington to move on and still hopeful we have another striker lined up with question marks over uche and wighton but really hope this is the last we see of wholesale squad changes every summer.

Stendelnator
15 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Expect the Washington move to Charlton to be rubber stamped in the next 48 hours.

👍🏼

That should free up some wages with Washington gone.

Good luck to him.

A real grafter but was never going to score a lot of goals.

He'll end up scoring 15-20 goals for Charlton now.  I think he had a hard time getting his confidence and fitness back at Hearts, then another injury set him back, came back with some goals but it was too late.

All the best to him.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That should free up some wages with Washington gone.

Good luck to him.

A real grafter but was never going to score a lot of goals.

You certainly would hope so, cant imagine we was on low wages for us to sign him.

Agree best of luck, I do wonder had he not got injured when he did, could we have got more team goals?

That's Jordan Roberts signed on a 2 year deal. He has played in the 4th & 5th tier of England. If that's the quality we are looking at, am I overreacting if I say I'm just a little concerned about next season. I still think we will piss all over the championship but a player who hasn't played at the top level for some time, may not be able to make the step up.

3fingersreid

Best of luck to the guy , not sure how clever a move though given the financial situation at that club . 
Id imagine that’s freed up a big wage 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You certainly would hope so, cant imagine we was on low wages for us to sign him.

Agree best of luck, I do wonder had he not got injured when he did, could we have got more team goals?

Very probably I think JIG

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That's Jordan Roberts signed on a 2 year deal. He has played in the 4th & 5th tier of England. If that's the quality we are looking at, am I overreacting if I say I'm just a little concerned about next season. I still think we will piss all over the championship but a player who hasn't played at the top level for some time, may not be able to make the step up.

Yes you are overreacting. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Whatever level he’s played at is more than enough for the championship 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, Barack said:

Bit dissapointing about Washington, but financially sensible.

Hoping Warnock makes a nice bid for Damour, and someone like Plymouth take Uche off of our hands. As he's another who's done well out of the club.

Damour to Middlesborough.

Nice scoop, Barack! 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

There are some jewels in the lower leagues of English football and with the wage cap coming in they might be interested in a move North to try and make a name for themselves while earning a better wedge than they would in those leagues

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

last time I checked Ipswich Town were not in the 4th and 5th tier 😂

Maybe but I said he has played in the 4th and 5th tier not signed from the aforementioned.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

How many Championship players have played at a higher level than Roberts.  You'd probably get as far as Hearts.  Nothing wrong with the guy by watching his highlights. 

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

He always looked scared to actually take a shot in my opinion. The only reason he scored against the hobos was because he was forced to shoot, otherwise he would have passed it. 

For the amount of money he was likely on we could get better.

His past record was there for everybody to see,he is not really a goalscorer,a worker and creater.Shankland is a goalscorer,thats who we should have signed,CL knows better seemingly.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Maybe but I said he has played in the 4th and 5th tier not signed from the aforementioned.

He’s played at Boys club level as well I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s played at Boys club level as well I imagine. 

:laugh: probably and no doubt at school too.

Edited by Marvin

John Findlay

Connor Washington. Thanks for your goal at ER. Hope it turns out a Happy Valley for you. Good luck.

Gordon Ramsay

Washington is a decent player, just never got going.

Hopefully we can bring in another striker. Cant rely on Naismith to stay fit so that pretty much leaves it all on Boyce. Don't hold out much hope for Uche or Wighton chipping in with goals (if they are still here). 

Leveins Battalion

Thanks for the goal at ER,as my old man would say Washington was powderpuff,similar to Wighton.

Hopefully get rid of those 2 and bring in another striker.

7 minutes ago, ford donald said:

His past record was there for everybody to see,he is not really a goalscorer,a worker and creater.Shankland is a goalscorer,thats who we should have signed,CL knows better seemingly.

Can't agree more. Shankland fits our style of play. I doubt we'll ever get him now.

Had a look on transfermarkt and there's actually some decent free agent strikers who are young enough and know where the back of the net is. Hopefully get someone new in soon.

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Wages down south are huge in comparison. 

ginger jambo98
22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Pretty sure a lad named Vardy was playing that level before moving all the way up to Fleetwood. 

Edited by ginger jambo98

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thanks for the goal at ER,as my old man would say Washington was powderpuff,similar to Wighton.

Hopefully get rid of those 2 and bring in another striker.

Can't agree with your old mans assessment, Washington wasn't powderpuff at all just never likely to score too many. The fact that he injured himself going after a lost cause would suggest he's willing to put himself at risk for the teams benefit. Either way he's gone now so hopefully bring another Striker in on less money. 

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He must be desperate to get out. Charlton are in a massive mess. 

I think a lot of the NI Lads are just desperate to be playing in a league of some credibility with the Euros coming up. It's why I worry Smith will still go. Maybe at RB, he will be ok but up front, in the Scots Champ, possibly still not scoring goals, Washington likely didn't wanna risk it. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Can't agree with your old mans assessment, Washington wasn't powderpuff at all just never likely to score too many. The fact that he injured himself going after a lost cause would suggest he's willing to put himself at risk for the teams benefit. Either way he's gone now so hopefully bring another Striker in on less money. 

Signing strikers that are never likely to score many is a trait of Hearts,time to change that.