Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Good signing especially as we’re not tied in and should give us a bit of dig.

I would like that during his time with us he stops being a mouthpiece for the huns. Appreciate that’s who he supports but was always very cringey seeing Boyd/ Griffiths/ Bartley bleat on about their old clubs.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Naismith, halliday even Gordon back. 

They know how to win things and have a horrible streak. 

Good stuff. 

I'd be happy with him normally, but given our position, quite a coop imo. 

Decent enough signing tbh. I wasn't too keen on the idea first but he'll slot right in with no adjusting to being in a different country etc.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Angry when my club is going down the Hun route once again. I have a much wider range of things to disagree with people thanks. 
A good grafter, suited to the Championship, another high wage, hasn’t kicked a ball for 6 months, The welcome afforded to a bog standard midfielder who will stunt the growth of Andy Irving is not for me, bash on though. 

Halliday is a level above Irving atm. 

Irving will get game time, but I want better players to win games now. 

It's almost as if people would rather an untested, unknown name who is completely alien to Scottish football................

Something must’ve changed pretty sharpish with Halliday as this wasn’t on the cards two weeks ago. He wanted to go down south or MLS and had turned down Hibs and an approach from Aberdeen. Buzzing to have him on board. Great attitude and got good patter. 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Angry when my club is going down the Hun route once again. I have a much wider range of things to disagree with people thanks. 
A good grafter, suited to the Championship, another high wage, hasn’t kicked a ball for 6 months, The welcome afforded to a bog standard midfielder who will stunt the growth of Andy Irving is not for me, bash on though. 

How much is he on? 

4 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Neilson hasn't said anything about another centre-back, and Dikamona for Popescu is one in/one out, so I'd be surprised if we added another on top of that. Halkett and Popescu will be first choice, with Berra, Haring and Smith as cover. We are looking for a CDM, which would free up Haring to play there more often when needed.

If we were signing another defender on top of the left-back we're already looking for then I'd prefer it to be a right-back. That would free up Smith, who's arguably our best CB, to play there regularly and leaves room for a more attacking full-back to come in.

That makes sense, we will have a lot of the ball this season so having Haring at CB would allow us to build quickly from the back when needed and have the calm assurance that he brings 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's debatable, but why is everyone assuming he'll play in there?

He often played at left back for Rangers. Now, if he plays there for us, then we really do have a very strong side:

Gordon 

Halkett                Smith               Popescu 

Roberts                       Irving/Haring                      Halliday

Lee                Walker           Naismith

Boyce

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

What you on about? Doesn’t matter who we sign a player from. Bigoted fans will behave the same either way.

Yeah it doesn’t embolden the staunch section of our support at all, like Lafferty didn’t. I can’t wait to hear whatever sectarian song they had for him being sung by our fans. We didn’t sign from anyone, he’s been available for 3 months and hasn’t kicked a ball in over 6. 

I can't say I am a huge fan of Halliday but he will 100% be one of the best midfielders in the Championship, if it doesn't work out its only 1 year. Will improve our midfield options, hopefully provide some dig and drive, can play left back....

Hard to see why folk are moaning about it

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I can't say I am a huge fan of Halliday but he will 100% be one of the best midfielders in the Championship, if it doesn't work out its only 1 year. Will improve our midfield options, hopefully provide some dig and drive, can play left back....

2 years 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Signed a two-year deal according to the official site.

3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’d bring Cummings in as the back up striker. Scores goals in this league and would spook them before the semi👍🏻

I was thinking about the striker situation. What if Walker starts the season in great form as a No.10 and Boyce is doing well upfront, do we drop Naismith? 

Do we put Naismith up front, where he plays for Scotland? If so Wighton would be third choice.

It was only a friendly against Partick but if Walker keeps playing like that, I'd prefer him behind the striker. 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Quite a few about to go out on loan, two out this morning more to go. 

persume your talking about Hamilton and Smith going out this morning.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That's debatable, but why is everyone assuming he'll play in there?

He often played at left back for Rangers. Now, if he plays there for us, then we really do have a very strong side:

Gordon 

Halkett                Smith               Popescu 

Roberts                       Irving/Haring                      Halliday

Lee                Walker           Naismith

Boyce

It is debatable. 

Yip, he might be left side. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was thinking about the striker situation. What if Walker starts the season in great form as a No.10 and Boyce is doing well upfront, do we drop Naismith? 

Do we put Naismith up front, where he plays for Scotland? If so Wighton would be third choice.

It was only a friendly against Partick but if Walker keeps playing like that, I'd prefer him behind the striker. 

Walker looks a bit  French now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We drop Naismith now and start with Boyce and Walker. 

Because we're playing with two wingers and a second striker, I'd probably look at bringing in a targetman type CF. Probably not a poacher like Cummings. 

17 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I love to see players I dislike playing for us ,usually means they’ve been a pain in oor arse 👌👌👌👌👌.    👍

On 20/09/2020 at 16:55, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

To the daza haters 

😘😘

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

To the daza haters 

😘😘

On the ball again daza,good work 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That’s a matter of opinion, Irving will hopefully hit higher heights than Halliday has. Not drop a division at 28yo in his prime. 

WheatfieldWarrior
32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Naismith up top for me - he dropped so far back last season he was nearly behind Joel at one point.

6 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Any chance of another striker coming in?

Looking more likely to be someone on loan from the EPL. RN isn't too concerned about another striker at the moment. So if we do see one come in I'd imagine only a loan option.

Still feel we will sign a physical striker before the window closes. Neilson made a big deal about having different types of strikers last time we were in the championship.

11 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Naismith up top for me - he dropped so far back last season he was nearly behind Joel at one point.

Wish he had been😜

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it doesn’t embolden the staunch section of our support at all, like Lafferty didn’t. I can’t wait to hear whatever sectarian song they had for him being sung by our fans. We didn’t sign from anyone, he’s been available for 3 months and hasn’t kicked a ball in over 6. 

Just like the songs they had for staunch Berra and Cowie.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Just like the songs they had for staunch Berra and Cowie.

Eh? What the **** are you on about? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Vlad the impaler
48 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Iv always thought Naismith is wasted deeper since he signed with us and if played as a striker would score for fun in this league. Think we do need another option because keeping him and walker fit for a whole season doesn’t seem

probable

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s a matter of opinion, Irving will hopefully hit higher heights than Halliday has. Not drop a division at 28yo in his prime. 

He's not 28 atm. 

Now't wrong with being 28 and playing for Hearts either. 

26 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Think we would have been better if he had been in goals......😂