Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

The_razors_edge

We should absolutely be looking at Campbell. However, I think it’s unlikely he’ll stay in Scotland. Good good player - makes Motherwell tick. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

By my reckoning we are now at a first team squad of 23 if you include Brandon and Irving but not including Stone, Hamilton, Cochrane, Henderson, Smith, Moore or McDonald.

Given we are in the Championship, playing 3/4 of a season, and missing out on income due to the pandemic, I'd like to see us stop there. I know we're short in a couple of areas (centre back due to injury and striker) but I'm confident we have more than enough to win the league. For several years we've complained about both size of squad and number of incoming players each window. We're up to 7 players in now and still people calling for 2 or 3 more.

Not making more signings now should leave us better placed to make higher quality signings next summer. Even if we could offload Damour and White, I'd probably still be happy going with what we have got. Well above Nelson's stated preference for 16 experienced pros supplemented with youth.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

By my reckoning we are now at a first team squad of 23 if you include Brandon and Irving but not including Stone, Hamilton, Cochrane, Henderson, Smith, Moore or McDonald.

Given we are in the Championship, playing 3/4 of a season, and missing out on income due to the pandemic, I'd like to see us stop there. I know we're short in a couple of areas (centre back due to injury and striker) but I'm confident we have more than enough to win the league. For several years we've complained about both size of squad and number of incoming players each window. We're up to 7 players in now and still people calling for 2 or 3 more.

Not making more signings now should leave us better placed to make higher quality signings next summer. Even if we could offload Damour and White, I'd probably still be happy going with what we have got. Well above Nelson's stated preference for 16 experienced pros supplemented with youth.

Left back for the semi is a worry but as you say the squad is a bit big for the season we face. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Left back for the semi is a worry but as you say the squad is a bit big for the season we face. 

The Championship, two Scottish Cups, a League Cup and a Challenge Cup. 

We should be looking the win everything. 

Anyone know what's happening with cristophe berra? I just read 2 week old news saying he will be back in 2-3 weeks due to a wee nick on his tendon, and has a calf injury. 

😀. Not that I can't wait another week, it would be nice for an update where he is on recovery. 

Technically going by the date of the article he should be back in 2 days. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-defender-christophe-berra-fitness-race-after-injury-setback-2967017

Edited by HMFC01

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

AlI Campbell is being sniffed by a few sides, one is Italian.

Hopefully someone else snaps him up, think he is a very underatted player so don't want him anywhere near Hibs.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In an ideal world of unlimited finance I'd upgrade left back. In a world that is very far from that I'm unconvinced we'd end up bringing in someone who is a significant upgrade. I was totally underwhelmed by the Kingsley rumours. Garuccio has played in wins over Celtic and Hibs when we've kept a clean sheet. I"m happy enough with him as first choice left back this season.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hopefully someone else snaps him up, think he is a very underatted player so don't want him anywhere near Hibs.

He is an interesting player, not sure if he should stay in the UK . British football sucks.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

In an ideal world of unlimited finance I'd upgrade left back. In a world that is very far from that I'm unconvinced we'd end up bringing in someone who is a significant upgrade. I was totally underwhelmed by the Kingsley rumours. Garuccio has played in wins over Celtic and Hibs when we've kept a clean sheet. I"m happy enough with him as first choice left back this season.

I remember him doing well against Boyle at Tynie, different at Hampden obviously. He’s good enough for the Championship. 

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He is an interesting player, not sure if he should stay in the UK . British football sucks.

There are a few clubs in the UK that could use him well. But going to the right club abroad could really develop him.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There are a few clubs in the UK that could use him well. But going to the right club abroad could really develop him.

May be a side like Brighton would be a good place for him in the UK.

5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Any virtue in this rumour? If so then surely it’s cheerio baby.

Leveins Battalion

Some Hibs fans genuinely believe that Jack Ross is some sort of Mourinho type manager.

Expect them to be linked with every decent Young player in Scotland,why is that?Its because it is good PR for them and keeps the feel good start of the season going for them.

Ali Campbell will be off to England,A couple of defeats and the real Hibs will be back with a bang.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t ever tell me what to do, I won’t take advice off someone who wanted Hibs to win the cup and was blind to the damage Levein was doing. 
The point you, and a few others, missed is that he’s so ****ing good why have a lower league club been the only team in for him after 3 months? 
 That’s not slagging Hearts, that’s where your hero left us. 

Anyone saying him and Irving are different players haven’t read Halliday saying he’s an attacking midfielder, not a defensive  one and certainly not a left back.

Can you not shut up for one day. Just one day please. 

9 hours ago, S Form said:

I’d say Campbell has a good chance of getting a team in the English Championship. He’s very good and still young. A relatively safe investment for a Championship side.

Yep, he certainly could. What is he 21/22 and he's probably played about 200 games for Motherwell. 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

And yet Dempster is pleading for government help. It does show the press up here what they are, we take wage cuts to keep everyone employed early on, get attacked for weeks by the press. A email leaks saying he hope to sign players in the summer and may have money then, get attacked by the press. Hibs lay off lots of people behind the scenes, get players to take wage cuts then buys players for six figure amounts, press praise Hibs for their signing policy.

I don't think Dempster has much say tbh. She's pretty much destroyed her credibility for the sake of a job. 

Edited by Cruyff

Jamboscanbevicius

Allan Campbell and Kyle Magennis are good players. Both at a great age and will command big fees in the next 2-3 years.

The kind that Aberdeen have snapped up well in recent years, and Hibs clearly see the merits of this approach.

We’re not well placed to compete offering Championship football, but we should be in for guys like this in Jan with pre-contract offers if possible. 

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

Hibs will not be signing Campbell or Magennis unless they are selling Martin Boyle. They have just reported a loss for the year and have already spent large amounts of money on Nisbett. Motherwell would probably sell Campbell for 600k (and add ons/ sell on %). Aberdeen nearly signed Ryan Christie for that figure from Celtic 2 seasons ago (injuries prevented it). I think if Aberdeen do sell Cosgrove (2.8 million was the offer they received this window) then they'll be in for Allan Campbell and Kyle Magennis. 

Edited by Gorillajam

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m a veggie, you’re still going on about Irving being 28 and I’m the one having a nightmare
Again missing the point that a team at a better level didn’t offer him a deal, coz he’s found his level now. 
As for arguing with other Hearts that’s par for the course, I saw through your hero in the weeks after we had ended Celtics unbeaten run, being in the minority is nothing new. As the only person who wanted Hibs to beat Rangers you should know about that, eh Tosh. 

Maybe change your name to Hallidays Red Hand 😆😃😂🤪

Halliday is 28. 

I wasn't the only person. 

15 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Something must’ve changed pretty sharpish with Halliday as this wasn’t on the cards two weeks ago. He wanted to go down south or MLS and had turned down Hibs and an approach from Aberdeen. Buzzing to have him on board. Great attitude and got good patter. 

Pretty much what I'd heard too.

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe because the play in the same position?
Irving has just dropped to 4th choice when everyone is fit, can’t see many youngsters playing games this season. Everybody hoping Damour will leave, from what we’ve seen and the wages he’s on do we really see any team managed by a mug taking him on? 

Who from Hearts has said Andy will be 4th choice?? 

Campbell, magennis, mccann at st j etc are the types of players we should be looking to sign. This is where we should use the foh money IMO. On transfer fees for up and coming young players (already well established) who we can get a couple of years use out of and then sell on recouping fee/make profit on. If there are no buyers, worst case we have solid spfl players. 

9 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

How are they managing to sniff him all the way from Italy?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree, but if we can say move Damour on and 1 lb then we have room for at least another 1.

1 in 1 out basis now surely tho. 

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Any virtue in this rumour? If so then surely it’s cheerio baby.

If he plays in a black away top, he could be the Ivory Ma(ra)donna.

2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Sorry I've just invented an elephant with black tusks.  Bizarre.  

Must be thinking of Ebony and Ivory or something.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but if we can say move Damour on and 1 lb then we have room for at least another 1.

1 in 1 out basis now surely tho. 

If we move Damour on, I'd see Halliday as the 1 in to replace him. We're overflowing with midfielders.

If we moved White on then there would be more of a case to made for replacing him. Although it depends in part on Popescu's ability to place left back, which I think some have suggested. This summer we also extended Sandison's contract until January which would seem a bit pointless unless he is going to be kept around and at least featured on the bench. On balance, given where we are with our defence, I'd rather see us keep Hamilton and not bring anyone else new in even if White goes.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Who from Hearts has said Andy will be 4th choice?? 

Well you would imagine Halliday, Haring and Lee will play ahead of him if they’re fit? 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

If we move Damour on, I'd see Halliday as the 1 in to replace him. We're overflowing with midfielders.

If we moved White on then there would be more of a case to made for replacing him. Although it depends in part on Popescu's ability to place left back, which I think some have suggested. This summer we also extended Sandison's contract until January which would seem a bit pointless unless he is going to be kept around and at least featured on the bench. On balance, given where we are with our defence, I'd rather see us keep Hamilton and not bring anyone else new in even if White goes.

Whoever suggested Popescu can play LB are hallucinating, he’s a right footed CB nothing else. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Hibs will not be signing Campbell or Magennis unless they are selling Martin Boyle. They have just reported a loss for the year and have already spent large amounts of money on Nisbett. Motherwell would probably sell Campbell for 600k (and add ons/ sell on %). Aberdeen nearly signed Ryan Christie for that figure from Celtic 2 seasons ago (injuries prevented it). I think if Aberdeen do sell Cosgrove (2.8 million was the offer they received this window) then they'll be in for Allan Campbell and Kyle Magennis. 

They’ve been linked with those two, Cosgrove being injured will hopefully stop the selling him. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4580

Confirmation from Dumbarton, Chris Hamilton joins them on loan until January.

Did Robbie not say last week that the problem with these loans, is that they effectively condemn the loaned out player to part-time football as they can't train at Riccarton due to covid-protocols.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well you would imagine Halliday, Haring and Lee will play ahead of him if they’re fit? 

Haring is 2 to 3 months away according to neilson on radio last night , halliday is behind in fitness .

Perfect opportunity for nailing down a place in the team 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Did Robbie not say last week that the problem with these loans, is that they effectively condemn the loaned out player to part-time football as they can't train at Riccarton due to covid-protocols.

As I understand it they can train with the under 18s at Riccarton but not with the first team squad.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Haring is 2 to 3 months away according to neilson on radio last night , halliday is behind in fitness .

As I said when they’re fit they will play ahead of Irving, which won’t hopefully stunt his growth. Halliday is a world beater, surely not having trained or kicked a ball in 6 months will stop him 💪🏿😆

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4580

Confirmation from Dumbarton, Chris Hamilton joins them on loan until January.

Some thought he was close to playing for the first team, considering how stretched we are at CH it shows how far he is away from doing that. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

26 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Yep, which was pointed out yesterday on here before Neilson said about Haring today in the papers. 

Bizarre reactions from some Hearts fans. The weird agenda with Rangers related people is cringey.  

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve been linked with those two, Cosgrove being injured will hopefully stop the selling him. 

Just read Cosgrove has returned from injury and is due back after the international break. Teams in England may take the gamble and get him in now. If they do sell him they will spend the money on Campbell, Watkins or that Magennis lad.

This is what we should be doing. Signing the best possible talent outside of Celtic and The Rangers and be a seller club. Our time will come under Neilson.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whoever suggested Popescu can play LB are hallucinating, he’s a right footed CB nothing else. 

Ah, good to know. That would certainly strengthen the case for brining in cover at left back if we move on White or Garuccio.

1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

Sorry I've just invented an elephant with black tusks.  Bizarre.  

Must be thinking of Ebony and Ivory or something.

Knew what you meant. :) 

Rumour is Scott Allan has been forced to retire early due to a heart condition. He might play for the hobos but its a shame if true. He's a decent player on his day.

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some thought he was close to playing for the first team, considering how stretched we are at CH it shows how far he is away from doing that. 

I think he really needs to make the move to defensive midfield, he is clearly highly rated as a footballer, but in the snippets of pre-season I have seen, he looks miniscule for a centre back... Halkett isn't the biggest of centre halves but towers above Hamilton.

10 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Rumour is Scott Allan has been forced to retire early due to a heart condition. He might play for the hobos but its a shame if true. He's a decent player on his day.

He looked grim sitting in the stands at ER against Sevco. 

Heard him getting interviewed recently and he talked about he struggled with diabetes.  He came across really well.  (also said that Lawwell didnt want to sell him to hibs as they'd done them "enough favours")

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Just read Cosgrove has returned from injury and is due back after the international break. Teams in England may take the gamble and get him in now. If they do sell him they will spend the money on Campbell, Watkins or that Magennis lad.

This is what we should be doing. Signing the best possible talent outside of Celtic and The Rangers and be a seller club. Our time will come under Neilson.

Definitely, you have to get guys in and improve them though. As much as I can’t stand McInnes they’ve turned Cosgrove from a big donkey that couldn’t score, into a big donkey that can score. They got good money for McKenna too. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Ah, good to know. That would certainly strengthen the case for brining in cover at left back if we move on White or Garuccio.

That seems to be the plan, a Rossi type that can play CH&LB.