Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Happy with Halliday. Two year deal is the sensible move.

You're happy with something Hearts done.... 

😁

59d6965761ba2.image.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

If we grab Kingsley for free and bring in a physical striker on loan I'd say we'll be pretty damn ready for a cracking season. Just need Damour to take a hint first

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Angry when my club is going down the Hun route once again. I have a much wider range of things to disagree with people thanks. 
A good grafter, suited to the Championship, another high wage, hasn’t kicked a ball for 6 months, The welcome afforded to a bog standard midfielder who will stunt the growth of Andy Irving is not for me, bash on though. 

How will having him in the squad stunt Irving?   If Damour does, Halliday replaces.  You need numbers. 

There’s no guarantee Irving will play well every week, stay fit, not get suspended.  There may be games it becomes more physical and we need to put Halliday on

if he has started on the bench. 

We don’t know if Haring will stay fit after being so long out. At this moment I think Irving is very much in the thoughts of Neilson.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not 28 atm. 

Now't wrong with being 28 and playing for Hearts either. 

No shit, Halliday is and is dropping down a division as nobody in England or the MLS wanted him. 

Made my opinions clear earlier in this thread as to not only why I didn’t want him to sign but why I didn’t think the club should sign him. But I’ve also said if he wears the maroon he gets my support. As I’m a supporter and that’s what supporters do.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

How will having him in the squad stunt Irving?   If Damour does, Halliday replaces.  You need numbers. 

There’s no guarantee Irving will play well every week, stay fit, not get suspended.  There may be games it becomes more physical and we need to put Halliday on

if he has started on the bench. 

We don’t know if Haring will stay fit after being so long out. At this moment I think Irving is very much in the thoughts of Neilson.

Maybe because the play in the same position?
Irving has just dropped to 4th choice when everyone is fit, can’t see many youngsters playing games this season. Everybody hoping Damour will leave, from what we’ve seen and the wages he’s on do we really see any team managed by a mug taking him on? 

I wasn't bothered either way if he signed or not, but he's a Hearts player now so he's got my support. He'll walk the Championship, that's for sure. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No shit, Halliday is and is dropping down a division as nobody in England or the MLS wanted him. 

We wanted him, we got him? 

Aye, signing for Hearts is shite.... 

Who the funk in England or the msl wants Irving? 

What's that got to do anything, are all our team and signings shite because no one in England or the MSL wants them? 

Does Playing for  Hearts right now makes you shite? 

I'm struggling to see your point, it seems to be because Halliday signed for us, he's shite?

Irving plays for us as well, so I'm unsure of your point at All Tbh. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We wanted him, we got him? 

Aye, signing for Hearts is shite.... 

Who the funk in England or the msl wants Irving? 

What's that got to do anything, are all our team and signings shite because no one in England or the MSL wants them? 

Does Playing for  Hearts right now makes you shite? 

I'm struggling to see your point, it seems to be because Halliday signed for us, he's shite?

Irving plays for us as well, so I'm unsure of your point at All Tbh. 

Oh ffs. 

Nice and slow and spaced out for you. 

When I said he’s 28 I was obviously talking about Halliday not Irving. 

I inferred Irving will be a better player at 28 than Halliday is.

I hope that Irving when he’s 28 wont be dropping down a division in his prime. 

At no point did I say signing for Hearts was shite. 

Halliday said he wanted to go back down South or to the MLS, nobody wanted him. 

Halliday is shite, a hard worker who is well suited to the Championship. 

Neilson will have to justify Hallidays wages so will play him ahead of Irving, stunting the growth of someone who will hopefully become too good to play for us have a sell on value. 

Hope that’s clear enough Tosh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh ffs. 

Neilson will have to justify Hallidays wages so will play him ahead of Irving, stunting the growth of someone who will hopefully become too good to play for us have a sell on value. 

You definitely implied signing for us was shite, giving you mentioned how bad it is for a player to be moving down a level at 28.

Irving atm hasn't got anything on Halliday, he might in the future but Halliday is quite a bit better atm. 

You're placing a lot of hope on Irving, fair enough but we need better players now, Halliday fits that bill. 

No growth will be stunted for players that are good enough, don't make things up about Robbie to justify your opinion on why Halliday will play, Halliday will play as he's better than what we have. 

Tbh, this signing seems to have triggered somthing in you, my advice would be to chill and welcome a player that would have enhanced the squad of all but two teams in the country. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Halliday is a level above Irving atm. 

Irving will get game time, but I want better players to win games now. 

We'll see. Irving is a developing talent and from what I remember about Halliday they're different kinds of player.  Irving will go on to have a better career than Halliday imo, but as I said, we'll see.

Edited by upgotheheads

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We'll see. Irving is a developing talent and from what I remember about Halliday they're different kinds of player.  Irving will go on to have a better career than Halliday imo, but as I said, we'll see.

The key is atm. 

We will see what happens, and yes they are different players. 

1 minute ago, ElGee1973 said:

Very happy with the signing of Andy Halliday.

Me too. with the level he has played at, which is well above Scottish Championship, he should be an asset. Also we seem to be building a squad with depth.

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh ffs. 

Jesus, you are making an utter tadger of yourself now. Have a lie doon, you dreary mess. 

I don't think Halliday is as good as Irving going forward, but that's not his game. Robbie says he thinks Lee will play slightly forward of the midfield two as he's more box to box, so...

Haring, Irving, Halliday, Lee.....Damour.

Opshuns, take your pick.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Jesus, you are making an utter tadger of yourself now. Have a lie doon, you dreary mess. 

I told him to chill, you were a bit more blunt 😂

And he’s not praying!
17 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Rods said:

Halliday signing should be the final hint for White and Damour

You would hope White lack of games and Damour no spring chicken will move on.

Eh Damour only 29

Eh? What the **** are you on about? 

Obviously haven’t been to many away games if you haven't heard the bigoted songs dedicated to Berra and Cowie. My point is songs will be sung regardless. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You definitely implied signing for us was shite, giving you mentioned how bad it is for a player to be moving down a level at 28.

Irving atm hasn't got anything on Halliday, he might in the future but Halliday is quite a bit better atm. 

You're placing a lot of hope on Irving, fair enough but we need better players now, Halliday fits that bill. 

No growth will be stunted for players that are good enough, don't make things up about Robbie to justify your opinion on why Halliday will play, Halliday will play as he's better than what we have. 

Tbh, this signing seems to have triggered somthing in you, my advice would be to chill and welcome a player that would have enhanced the squad of all but two teams in the country. 

Don’t ever tell me what to do, I won’t take advice off someone who wanted Hibs to win the cup and was blind to the damage Levein was doing. 
The point you, and a few others, missed is that he’s so ****ing good why have a lower league club been the only team in for him after 3 months? 
 That’s not slagging Hearts, that’s where your hero left us. 

Anyone saying him and Irving are different players haven’t read Halliday saying he’s an attacking midfielder, not a defensive  one and certainly not a left back.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Obviously haven’t been to many away games if you haven't heard the bigoted songs dedicated to Berra and Cowie. My point is songs will be sung regardless. 

Thankfully I’ve been spared that, doesn’t make it right. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t ever tell me what to do, I won’t take advice off someone who wanted Hibs to win the cup and was blind to the damage Levein was doing. 
The point you, and a few others, missed is that he’s so ****ing good why have a lower league club been the only team in for him after 3 months? 
 That’s not slagging Hearts, that’s where your hero left us. 

Anyone saying him and Irving are different players haven’t read Halliday saying he’s an attacking midfielder, not a defensive  one and certainly not a left back.

Every player at Hearts plays for a lower league team, are they all shite or just Halliday?

You seem to be missing that, your argument that nobody else wanted him so he's shite is circular in that regard, are all our players with us because no one else wanted them? 

I never wanted hibs to win the cup, what that or CL ( who left as manager almost a year ago) has to do with this is beyond me. 

You've lost the plot on this one. 

I never told you, I only gave advice. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every player at Hearts plays for a lower league team, are they all shite or just Halliday?

You seem to be missing that, your argument that nobody else wanted him so he's shite is circular in that regard, are all our players with us because no one else wanted them? 

I never wanted hibs to win the cup, what that or CL ( who left as manager almost a year ago) has to do with this is beyond me. 

You've lost the plot on this one. 

I never told you, I only gave advice. 

They are mostly all shite tbf

5 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

No interview or scarf above head from Halliday yet??

Is he this seasons Whelan? 

Will probably be an open goal exclusive

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Biggest surprise of the day he is only 28 which puts a better picture on it. 

2 years is ok at 30 if any use unlikely he will be leaving for better 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Biggest surprise of the day he is only 28 which puts a better picture on it. 

2 years is ok at 30 if any use unlikely he will be leaving for better 

It means as well that if he’s not up to it in the Premiership, we’re not stuck with him until 2038. Sensible deal

Oh ffs. 

Irvine is likely to start the season with  with the jersey.

It'll be up to him to put in performances to keep halliday out 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It means as well that if he’s not up to it in the Premiership, we’re not stuck with him until 2038. Sensible deal

Wasn't keen on it, but seems sensible, for a change 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not enough 18 year deals going about imo. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Irvine is likely to start the season with  with the jersey.

It'll be up to him to put in performances to keep halliday out 

Let’s hope he grabs the opportunity. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Going by Robbie’s previous comments, we are only after a LB now. Unless a forward catches his eye in or around close of the window.

I am pretty comfortable with what we have TBH. We should have plenty of quality and cover now without further movement in or out.

But Robbie loves to sculpt a squad, so I do think we’ll see a couple out and in yet.

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Wonder how the ex employees who were made redundant feel .******* outrageous to be paying fees and pleading poverty at the same time .utter scum

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

hibs, stmirren and Celtic are a creepy wee threesome aren’t they, with Aberdeen hiding in the wardrobe knocking one out. 

Jamboscanbevicius
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

what a weird statement :rofl:

I think this is clever PR from St Mirren. They publicly say they’ve rejected a substantial sum. Do Hibs want to top that and show they’re spending big whilst pleading poverty and seeking government funds? Doubt it. So St Mirren hold onto their prize asset for another season!