Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

at this point I'd take Andy Haliday just to cut out the constant rumours that Andy Haliday is signing!

think we will probably see someone come in who can play LCB and LB to cover both

Your wish has come true

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Psychicjambo said:

Heard halliday is getting medical this morning. But hey ho so has most.  Be a cracking signing. Fingers crossed 

Nice scoop, Ewan Murray backing this up 👍 Genuinely thought this was all made up rumours so fair play, not even sure if it’s a good signing or not as I’ve never seen him play. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Still not sure about him, though a friend who is an Ibrox season ticket holder gave him a glowing review of him last week when I asked what he thought of him.

Take him, 100%, he's the best available option at the moment. Other free agents will either be daft money in wages or not even remotely interested in joining us. 

16 minutes ago, Gav M said:

at this point I'd take Andy Haliday just to cut out the constant rumours that Andy Haliday is signing!

think we will probably see someone come in who can play LCB and LB to cover both

i'm sure i read popescu can cover at LB so we probably already have them in

He could turn out to be a Kenny Black type signing , can fill in various positions but never fully accepted by the support . 

I see someone commented that Hearts signing a player during the pandemic on his post, obviously a wee dig , but did anyone point out to him that were not saying were skint ? 

Good championship signing from Hearts. He actually played further forward in days before Rangers so wonder if we will use him for attacking rather than sitting. Good experience and will have high demands which is needed. He also said his favourite away ground to play at was Tynecastle.

Didn't realise Halliday was only 28. Thought he was much older as I remember him playing for Livingston about 10 years ago.

Ah well. Somebody who can play left back and centre midfield. Two areas we need cover for.

I think he’ll do us a turn. I’m tempted to make out he’s worse than he is though, purely because of the absolute cringe from some of our supporters on social media about him. 

Just now, scottg71 said:

Hello Hello brigade

And the Nationalist, anti-Huns brigade? They'll not welcome this signing? 

Is that how it works? 🤔 🙄 

I think he'd be a decent signing but I'd play him as a box to box mid. Hopefully he isn't being looked at as a left back. He'd do a job there but it is clearly not his natural position. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

And the Nationalist, anti-Huns brigade? They'll not welcome this signing? 

Is that how it works? 🤔 🙄 

I'm not a nationalist and I dislike OF equally and I don't see the point in signing him. He'll get my backing as all players do but don't think he's required for the league we are in.

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We definitely need another striker. As it stands we have Boyce and Wighton.......that isn’t anywhere near enough.

Roberts can play there.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he'd be a decent signing but I'd play him as a box to box mid. Hopefully he isn't being looked at as a left back. He'd do a job there but it is clearly not his natural position. 

Yeah, I agree. Use him in where he plays best.

On 13/09/2020 at 09:59, RustyRightPeg said:

Let to believe we have 2 targets close,  a CB who can cover as a LB and another midfielder. 

Once the Hickey money clears should be good to go.

Halliday & Popescu. 😁

2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I'm not a nationalist and I dislike OF equally and I don't see the point in signing him. He'll get my backing as all players do but don't think he's required for the league we are in.

If he's being looked at as a potential signing then RN obviously thinks we do need him. 

For me, thinking about the Scottish Cup, you get him to anchor the midfield and that allows Haring to get forward and build/join in attacks.

Great signing. And it will annoy some people with prejudices on here.

im much more confident going into the season with a player of this type onboard..

Just now, Beast Boy said:

For me, thinking about the Scottish Cup, you get him to anchor the midfield and that allows Haring to get forward and build/join in attacks.

Other way about. Halliday box to box, that's his natural role. He spoke about that openly on Open Goal podcast about how Warburton tried to coach him into being a sitting midfielder and it didn't suit him. 

He's got bundles of energy and he'll fit our team perfectly IMO.

Haringshairband

Folk on here are always champing at the bit to distance themselves from Rangers and Unionists. That's fair enough but why turn your nose up at a good player just because of their "leanings" it's all fecking nonsense. It shouldn't matter if Halliday improves us. Religion is nonsense.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He's a box-to-box or defensive mid by trade. Like Ian Black. But he mucked in at LB when Rangers needed him to and while my Hun mates really liked him and were sad to see him go, there's just too many strong CMs at Rangers just now and he's not getting a look in. He was never quick enough to be a LB but dug deep and gave his all, and was a hard tackler. I'm honestly chuffed to bits if we're signing him. I don't think he'll be anywhere near LB unless an emergency. Folk greeting into their Diet Irn Bru because he played for Rangers and this "he wasn't good enough for them so  he's not good enough for us" chat is just laughable... Couldn't care less who he played for before - if he comes here and does a job I'll be behind him 100%. And we're in no position to be demanding OF quality players. OF rejects will do me just fine at this point because it usually means they've been strong performers at other teams before moving to the OF. 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18753913.former-rangers-midfielder-andy-halliday-set-snapped-hearts/

Hearts are set to sign former Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday, according to reports.

The Daily Record report that the 28-year-old has agreed terms at Tynecastle and is currently completing his medical with the Edinburgh club.

It is understood that a one-year deal as been agreed and there is an option of a second if they gain promotion back to the Premiership.

Speaking last week Halliday said: "I think it's been five or six weeks since the first offer I had. Since then, I've had six or seven offers from different clubs, different countries.

"Unfortunately for me, there's not been anything I'm eager to jump into. Either financially it's not been right or the club hasn't been right move for myself or my family.

"I've been speaking to a couple of clubs over the past couple of weeks that are only just interested so far and have got my attention.

"It's just a waiting game just, they've got my attention but putting in a bit of interest but, unfortunately, when that comes you need to stall anything else you've got in the background to see if they come to the table.

"I knew it was always going to be a slow process.

"The majority of leagues still haven't started. England have only just started, it's only really Scotland.

"And, because I'm based in Scotland, everyone thinks: 'How are you not sorted yet?'

"Scotland's been going on about six or seven weeks now, everywhere else is just

getting back into the swing of things.

"So, the market is slow. I'm still speaking to boys I know who are out of contract and in the same boat as me.

"But I've always said since the start, I'm never going to jump into something I feel is the wrong move and commit to somewhere for a couple of years if I don't feel its right."

He added: "I've still got six weeks or so in the market and I'll make sure I make the right decision when the time comes.

"The most difficult thing for me is I haven't gone two weeks without kicking a football since I was four years old.

Edited by CJGJ

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Is he not cup tied?

Don't really know that much about him but, if he could do what Kenny Black did, the grunt work to let others create he sounds like just the ticket

I think there's a snobbery about our support when it comes to signings. Halliday has played over 100 times for Rangers and as much as it's hard to swallow, we're a Championship club. Who do those who don't want him expect us to sign? 

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Neilson hasn't said anything about another centre-back, and Dikamona for Popescu is one in/one out, so I'd be surprised if we added another on top of that. Halkett and Popescu will be first choice, with Berra, Haring and Smith as cover. We are looking for a CDM, which would free up Haring to play there more often when needed.

If we were signing another defender on top of the left-back we're already looking for then I'd prefer it to be a right-back. That would free up Smith, who's arguably our best CB, to play there regularly and leaves room for a more attacking full-back to come in.

Covered at right back with Brandon and Logan I think 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Can't see Damour going. A want away, very experienced EFL Championship player to be picked up for free from the Scottish second tier and he's still not been taken by someone in League One.  We've sold 2 players to League 1 already so if his agent's not got him gone by now he's not going to go by next week, surely? 

Salary cap means he won’t be going to league 1. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great signing. And it will annoy some people with prejudices on here.

im much more confident going into the season with a player of this type onboard..

Woah there, I think he’s a bad footballer and an expense not required. I have zero prejudices involved here. Unlike a lot of our support, I have zero religious affiliation.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's a box-to-box or defensive mid by trade. Like Ian Black. But he mucked in at LB when Rangers needed him to and while my Hun mates really liked him and were sad to see him go, there's just too many strong CMs at Rangers just now and he's not getting a look in. He was never quick enough to be a LB but dug deep and gave his all, and was a hard tackler. I'm honestly chuffed to bits if we're signing him. I don't think he'll be anywhere near LB unless an emergency. Folk greeting into their Diet Irn Bru because he played for Rangers and this "he wasn't good enough for them so  he's not good enough for us" chat is just laughable... Couldn't care less who he played for before - if he comes here and does a job I'll be behind him 100%. And we're in no position to be demanding OF quality players. OF rejects will do me just fine at this point because it usually means they've been strong performers at other teams before moving to the OF. 

Yep, agree. Last season we lacked players with the bottle to play for this club. Halliday has played for a big club with huge expectations attached, in that respect he' certainly not going to be a passanger. 

I'd definitely consider him as a midfielder so it'll be interesting as to see what position he's being considered for given we already have Lee, Haring, Irving and Damour at the moment. 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Can't see Damour going. A want away, very experienced EFL Championship player to be picked up for free from the Scottish second tier and he's still not been taken by someone in League One.  We've sold 2 players to League 1 already so if his agent's not got him gone by now he's not going to go by next week, surely? 

Thought les deans said at the weekend that Damour was away?  No confirmation yet though. 

If it’s a one year deal - as I’ve said previously - then fine. Just hope the wages aren’t inflated, we don’t know of the season will even finish.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Is he not cup tied?

Don't really know that much about him but, if he could do what Kenny Black did, the grunt work to let others create he sounds like just the ticket

I think no-one is cup tied due to an agreement about moving the cup into the following season.

Fitzroy Pointon

What are people who are saying he is crap basing this on? 

Have you forgot how bad we have been for the last two years? Halliday is exactly the type of player we need. 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Nae chance Cochrane's getting a game this year either then. Out on loan?

Also, if Halliday is really *that* good why was he let go by Rangers?

C’mon......

Halliday isn’t good enough for a team challenging Celtic......but he is good enough for us.

We’re in the championship......or did you forget that ?

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nae chance Cochrane's getting a game this year either then. Out on loan?

Also, if Halliday is really *that* good why was he let go by Rangers?

Quite a few about to go out on loan, two out this morning more to go. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

C’mon......

Halliday isn’t good enough for a team challenging Celtic......but he is good enough for us.

That's why I was asking why we're signing him. We'd still piss the league playing Irving or Cochrane. 

Haliday will be a solid singing and thats what we need, someone up for the fight that is the championship. I was not overly bothered about him but makes sense can play dm lb and cb so gives us cover in areas. I trust Robbie and if he thinks we need him then welcome and good luck 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

C’mon......

Also haven't seen any of Halliday so can't comment how good or bad he is. Just wondering if he's that good why hasn't he been snapped up before now. Wages? Pandemic? Or just not that good? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Quite a few about to go out on loan, two out this morning more to go. 

Good to hear then. Cochrane especially needs to be playing every week.