Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Hopefully with the sale and possible acquirement of funds we can strengthen an area of the team.  Possibly see another trialist on Saturday.

With the uncertainty of whether a lot of clubs may not survive the season with no fans I can't see us bringing anybody in unless people leave. 

13 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

He did indeed, assuming its Kingsley still but who knows

This is the only Kingsley that I wanna see anywhere near Tynie.

20200925_073446.jpg

17 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No surprise there then.

Yes a few were subjected to "the huff" ... its a different working environment already. 

18 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I always saw something in Mulraney too. Better than he was rated on here imo

Couldn’t cross. End product was consistently poor.  

For a winger with his pace, he rarely fashioned shooting opportunities. Of course, he’d have some good moments but every player does.  

Symptomatic of alot of our players in recent times. Inconsistent, go missing when things get tough.  

Pretty confident RNs new lads will show they are more dependable and effective.  

I'm pretty convinced that the Championship and other lower leagues will not be finished due to other clubs needing fans in the stadia to keep them afloat.

Nelly Terraces
33 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Couldn’t cross. End product was consistently poor.  

For a winger with his pace, he rarely fashioned shooting opportunities. Of course, he’d have some good moments but every player does.  

Symptomatic of alot of our players in recent times. Inconsistent, go missing when things get tough.  

Pretty confident RNs new lads will show they are more dependable and effective.  

We got him in a swap deal with Angus Beith, ICT weren’t renewing his contract.

Says it all. An ICT reject. He looked it as well.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-hearts-will-hold-sending-youngsters-loan-little-longer-2981593

Robbie saying young players will not go out on loan till late October because they will be moving to clubs who dont have testing so means that the players going to part time clubs wont be able to train with Hearts during the week because they have gone outside the Riccarton bubble. So they want to leave it as long as possible before they go.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-hearts-will-hold-sending-youngsters-loan-little-longer-2981593

Robbie saying young players will not go out on loan till late October because they will be moving to clubs who dont have testing so means that the players going to part time clubs wont be able to train with Hearts during the week because they have gone outside the Riccarton bubble. So they want to leave it as long as possible before they go.

I asked that question with Leeroy Makovora going on loan to Brechin.

Previously a lot of loan players also played reserve/ U20 games for us.

Tricky balance. Do we only loan players to full time clubs? Only training Tursday and Thursday nights with part time clubs. Will have to do their own work. Of course playing games is the main thing. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

It was a surprise signing at the time i remember. A guy that couldn't get a game at ICT turns up at Tynie!? More a sub than a main contributor. The fact we got some cash for him when he went to the states is probably even more of a shock than signing him in the first place! Stendel gave Mulraney a chance to prove himself, he threw it back in his face with the two-finger salute and poor attitude so he was rightly dropped. He wasn't the only one that Levein signed that was dodgy at best.  I even remember Hamilton releasing Sowah and the next thing he turns up at us. The signing policy of the last 4 years or so has been a disgrace, even Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell were signing players that contributed to their team more than ours throughout that time. Hopefully those days are gone at long last!

Edited by jambonian

15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Were you at the cup final?

14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It was a surprise signing at the time i remember. A guy that couldn't get a game at ICT turns up at Tynie!? More a sub than a main contributor. The fact we got some cash for him when he went to the states is probably even more of a shock than signing him in the first place! Stendel gave Mulraney a chance to prove himself, he threw it back in his face with the two-finger salute and poor attitude so he was rightly dropped. He wasn't the only one that Levein signed that was dodgy at best.  I even remember Hamilton releasing Sowah and the next thing he turns up at us. The signing policy of the last 4 years or so has been a disgrace, even Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell were signing players that contributed to their team more than ours throughout that time. Hopefully those days are gone at long last!

we got £200k for Mulraney - not too shabby.

Sowah on the other hand. We were always a goal down when that boy started for us.

Mulraney wasn't great.  He had a bit of a purple patch around the spring of 2019 when he earned a new contract (I think) but then went back to being mediocre.  His final delivery was absolutely abysmal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, alanjambo said:

Mulraney wasn't great.  He had a bit of a purple patch around the spring of 2019 when he earned a new contract (I think) but then went back to being mediocre.  His final delivery was absolutely abysmal.

Put in some cracking balls too, typical of any winger. 

His lack of confidence was the issue 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why can't we get players with confidence, seems to be the common excuse for a player on here.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Oh my god!! Thanks for the flashbacks!

I'm generally pretty forgiving but I honestly think Sowah is the worst player I've seen at Hearts. He's def up there.

McKinlay, Pointon, Naysmith, Fyssas, even guys like Snodin and Wallace. Then Sowah!!! Deary deary me.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I asked that question with Leeroy Makovora going on loan to Brechin.

Previously a lot of loan players also played reserve/ U20 games for us.

Tricky balance. Do we only loan players to full time clubs? Only training Tursday and Thursday nights with part time clubs. Will have to do their own work. Of course playing games is the main thing. 

When they train with part time clubs they will still be in with us 2/3 times a week. They stay full time whilst contracted to us.

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Why can't we get players with confidence, seems to be the common excuse for a player on here.

Because then you end up with a team of Malaury Martin's plenty confidence just ****

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

When they train with part time clubs they will still be in with us 2/3 times a week. They stay full time whilst contracted to us.

Not now when the loan clubs aren't testing. If not testing they can't train with Hearts. The point made already that I quoted. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not now when the loan clubs aren't testing. If not testing they can't train with Hearts. The point made already that I quoted. 

Ah,  fair enough. I didn't read it all!

Cant we just test them regularly too?

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Thing is though, throughout the last few years, players have came in and actually looked decent and confident enough but it only lasted on average of around three months. Then they became as average or as poor as the players they were brought in to replace, or indeed, a few of them not good enough in the first place. Players were restricted on what they were allowed to do creatively, to play zonal and not to move too much from where you're told to be which affects confidence in their own ability and a "pass the buck to someone else" type of attitude on the pitch. How many times did we see promising moves break down, lack of movement by the players then the fans screaming for players to move quicker and create an opening? And when the fans were unhappy with what they saw they got on players' backs. That would also cause them to lack confidence.

It was really a mix of the two if you think about it, a coaching set-up that restricted their freedom of creativity which pissed the supporters off (and probably the players) and supporters getting on players' backs for not being creative enough anyway. It was catch 22. It didn't surprise me that a lot of them just seemed to go through the motions without really giving a toss about the team, results, the fans or probably even training. There was a bit of a divide between us and the players, no togetherness. Hearts teams/players and fans have always created a bond, just ask some of the foreign lads we've had in the past like Bruno, Rousset, Flogel Skacel and many others, Niemi, Adam also spring to mind. Not to mention Scottish players who weren't actually Hearts fans first like Fulton, Hartley, Kyle, Colquhoun etc.. Let's just hope things can improve for players and fans alike and we can get that bond back that HMFC are known for. If any club needs that after everything that's went on these last few years it's us!

jamboinglasgow

according to reports, Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff to sign Callum Paterson permanently, hopefully the sell on clause is still active so we can get some money from that.

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

according to reports, Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff to sign Callum Paterson permanently, hopefully the sell on clause is still active so we can get some money from that.

15%

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cardiff are actively looking to get rid and Sheff Wed aren't what I would call loaded, so my guess would be something like £1.5 - £2M max?? If we've got a 15% clause as mentioned above though, then that could net us a nice wee 6-figure sum.  

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Always remember League cup qf at home to Aberdeen, was screaming at him all night to put a decent cross in, which he eventually did for Halkett to equalise, all to rare though

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Thing is though, throughout the last few years, players have came in and actually looked decent and confident enough but it only lasted on average of around three months. Then they became as average or as poor as the players they were brought in to replace, or indeed, a few of them not good enough in the first place. Players were restricted on what they were allowed to do creatively, to play zonal and not to move too much from where you're told to be which affects confidence in their own ability and a "pass the buck to someone else" type of attitude on the pitch. How many times did we see promising moves break down, lack of movement by the players then the fans screaming for players to move quicker and create an opening? And when the fans were unhappy with what they saw they got on players' backs. That would also cause them to lack confidence.

It was really a mix of the two if you think about it, a coaching set-up that restricted their freedom of creativity which pissed the supporters off (and probably the players) and supporters getting on players' backs for not being creative enough anyway. It was catch 22. It didn't surprise me that a lot of them just seemed to go through the motions without really giving a toss about the team, results, the fans or probably even training. There was a bit of a divide between us and the players, no togetherness. Hearts teams/players and fans have always created a bond, just ask some of the foreign lads we've had in the past like Bruno, Rousset, Flogel Skacel and many others, Niemi, Adam also spring to mind. Not to mention Scottish players who weren't actually Hearts fans first like Fulton, Hartley, Kyle, Colquhoun etc.. Let's just hope things can improve for players and fans alike and we can get that bond back that HMFC are known for. If any club needs that after everything that's went on these last few years it's us!agree - 

agree - good observations 

24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cardiff are actively looking to get rid and Sheff Wed aren't what I would call loaded, so my guess would be something like £1.5 - £2M max?? If we've got a 15% clause as mentioned above though, then that could net us a nice wee 6-figure sum.  

Aye, we'll get between £150-£250k id reckon. That'll make up a wee bit for what Celtic received from the Hickey deal. 

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah

I don't think Neil Harris is a massive fan. Good move for him if it comes off. 

17 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

I see what your saying but maybe Berra’s injury is not too long term, so with him, Halkett, Popescu and Hamilton we are covered - also if needs be Smith and Haring able to fill in ( law of averages surely they’re not all gonna be injured at the same time ).

Robbie knows what he wants to make Hearts win games and it appears that he wants a left back and I can get that. 

Someone hasn't been paying attention for the past few seasons

35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Weren't Wednesday deducted points of fined for not being within their financial constraints? I can’t expect much in the way of a fee in this one.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Think it will be a bit more than 2 million.  Cardiff fans like him and selling to rivals cheaply would even more crazy. 

He hasn't started for Cardiff this season so is out of favour so doubt Cardiff could demand much more.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Weren't Wednesday deducted points of fined for not being within their financial constraints? I can’t expect much in the way of a fee in this one.

That was about how they recorded the selling of their ground to show a profit for financial fair play purposes rather than being in risk of going into administration or anything like that. It related to 2017-18 as well, but the points penalty has only been applied this season. So it shouldn't directly impact. At the same time they don't seem to have spent much in recent years. They may be willing to spend more this year given they have to overcome the points penalty to stay in the Championship.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, airthjambo said:

Always remember League cup qf at home to Aberdeen, was screaming at him all night to put a decent cross in, which he eventually did for Halkett to equalise, all to rare though

Pretty common in wing players. Very difficult to make perfect crosses, even at highest levels 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Probably due to the fierce nature of our support. Counter productive all too often 

Problem with Callum Paterson is that he's a bit jack of all trades, master of none. For me he's a Targetman Center Forward or, he could be adapted to play as a big Centerhalf stopper, simply because his main attributes are his physical presence and aerial abilities. Although, I don't think he's ever been tried at Centerhalf. Probably something that should have been tried earlier in his career. 

Edited by Cruyff

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably due to the fierce nature of our support. Counter productive all too often 

A player will have more confidence if he has more confidence in what he is asked to do. Asking a player to play a style that he is not happy with will effect his confidence. He doesn't trust himself to do what has been asked of him.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Problem with Callum Paterson is that he's a bit jack of all trades, master of none. For me he's a Targetman Center Forward or, he could be adapted to play as a big Centerhalf stopper, simply because his main attributes are his physical presence and aerial abilities. Although, I don't think he's ever been tried at Centerhalf. Probably something that should have been tried earlier in his career. 

I remember him playing centre half in pre-season against everton for a half, thought he looked quality up against lukaku. I don't think we'll ever know Callums best position, strong, quick, fantastic in the air and a powerful shot on him, but he has no positional awareness and a poor first touch