Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

That's why I was asking why we're signing him. We'd still piss the league playing Irving or Cochrane. 

We’re signing him because he’s better than what we’ve got.

Don’t know about you......but I’m all for that way of thinking.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nae chance Cochrane's getting a game this year either then. Out on loan?

Also, if Halliday is really *that* good why was he let go by Rangers?

Cochranes not been near the first team for a long time.

It's perhaps the time to re-evaluate his potential?

Certainly looks to me like Cochrane, Hamilton, Moore, C. Smith, McDonald and Henderson will never be starting XI players for Hearts if they aren't deemed good enough to be squad players in the Championship.

One of them may play a bit part this season or next season perhaps working their way into the squad but I can't see it tbh.

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Also haven't seen any of Halliday so can't comment how good or bad he is. Just wondering if he's that good why hasn't he been snapped up before now. Wages? Pandemic? Or just not that good? 

He says he’s knocked back several offers from 6 or 7 clubs.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Cochranes not been near the first team for a long time.

It's perhaps the time to re-evaluate his potential?

Certainly looks to me like Cochrane, Hamilton, Moore, C. Smith, McDonald and Henderson will never be starting XI players for Hearts if they aren't deemed good enough to be squad players in the Championship.

One of them may play a bit part this season or next season perhaps working their way into the squad but I can't see it tbh.

Certainly looks like it. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Yep, agree. Last season we lacked players with the bottle to play for this club. Halliday has played for a big club with huge expectations attached, in that respect he' certainly not going to be a passanger. 

I'd definitely consider him as a midfielder so it'll be interesting as to see what position he's being considered for given we already have Lee, Haring, Irving and Damour at the moment. 

They all do different jobs though - Haring and Halliday will be your ball-winning box-to-box types - putting tackles in and handing off to wingers or to other midfielders; and Lee/Irving will be playmakers, pinging passes around and stuff like that. And if Damour gets his way he'll be next out the door anyway.

25 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He will be a superb signing. Versatile, goals, 100 percent commitment every week.

Na na na na na na, Andy Halliday, Halliday, An-dy Halliday.  :whistling:

August Landmesser
30 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He will be a superb signing. Versatile, goals, 100 percent commitment every week.

Nice goal v the Wee Team to start with. Watching that video has surely mucked up my youtube algorithm though, I'm expecting plenty of staunch recommendations now...

jambo-in-furness

The knowing that he hates anything green will do for me,  as long as he doesn’t carry on down Laffertys road with the red hand of Ulster salute.  

I don’t think we would have got him if it hadn’t been for the pandemic.

Good to have some strength in depth in midfield given Haring's injury record. Hopefully his will to win won't just be a Rangers thing... although saying that he will be desperate to beat Celtic in the Cup final.

46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Other way about. Halliday box to box, that's his natural role. He spoke about that openly on Open Goal podcast about how Warburton tried to coach him into being a sitting midfielder and it didn't suit him. 

He's got bundles of energy and he'll fit our team perfectly IMO.

Haring is a far superior player though, and he’s far more than a defensive midfielder. Maybe they can take shot about? 😄

Pleased with the signing of Halliday. Absolutely strengthens the team and gives us options in the middle of the park. 

Some won't be happy for various reasons. Certainly a better option than Butcher who was being mentioned again as a target. 

Anyway, welcome to Edinburgh's finest Andy.

54 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's a box-to-box or defensive mid by trade. Like Ian Black. But he mucked in at LB when Rangers needed him to and while my Hun mates really liked him and were sad to see him go, there's just too many strong CMs at Rangers just now and he's not getting a look in. He was never quick enough to be a LB but dug deep and gave his all, and was a hard tackler. I'm honestly chuffed to bits if we're signing him. I don't think he'll be anywhere near LB unless an emergency. Folk greeting into their Diet Irn Bru because he played for Rangers and this "he wasn't good enough for them so  he's not good enough for us" chat is just laughable... Couldn't care less who he played for before - if he comes here and does a job I'll be behind him 100%. And we're in no position to be demanding OF quality players. OF rejects will do me just fine at this point because it usually means they've been strong performers at other teams before moving to the OF. 

100% agree.

He's a grafter. Very happy with this signing.

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They all do different jobs though - Haring and Halliday will be your ball-winning box-to-box types - putting tackles in and handing off to wingers or to other midfielders; and Lee/Irving will be playmakers, pinging passes around and stuff like that. And if Damour gets his way he'll be next out the door anyway.

Bloody hope so. Can't stand him. Lazy player on a ridiculous wage who even admitted he only signed for the wage. Absolute passenger.

Didn't want Halliday, do not think we need him to win the championship. But he's a Hearts player now so I'll get behind him the same as anyone else in maroon. Hopefully it means Damour is away soon?? Any rumours on a LB or is Halliday it?

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Is he not cup tied?

Don't really know that much about him but, if he could do what Kenny Black did, the grunt work to let others create he sounds like just the ticket

Didn’t realise that. That would be a shame actually. 

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Didn’t realise that. That would be a shame actually. 

not cup tied, they removed that requirement for the semis and final since it is being played in the next season with different squads

23 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Haring is a far superior player though, and he’s far more than a defensive midfielder. Maybe they can take shot about? 😄

Haring is a tremendous player I agree, but we're relying on him being back to what he was like pre-injury which fingers crossed he is.

I think our midfield and front line will be pretty fluid anyhow, with a lot of freedom for the players to find pockets and pick the ball up in dangerous areas.

On 14/09/2020 at 15:48, Pasquale for King said:

That doesn’t mean he likes him. 
Hearts would need to be as interested in signing Halliday as you are, thankfully we are not. 

👍

Jamboscanbevicius
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20200928-163223_Facebook.thumb.jpg.45db9f2a8f36d236bc2826f65485d219.jpg

Excellent signing. Strengthens us in the middle of the park, and can be used on the left if needed. Still only 28 as well. 

I know there are mixed feelings about him, but IMO this is an astute signing. Welcome Andy!

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not cup tied, they removed that requirement for the semis and final since it is being played in the next season with different squads

Ah wasn’t aware of that cheers

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wow, nice of you to look through all those posts just to find that. Staunch. 

Being right = staunch 👍

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Huns everywhere 

It's troubling that that's your goto when you don't agree with people :sad:

Good grafter in midfield with decent cover at left back...you must be a hun 😡 McCulloch knows him and might be able to convince him...that cause he's a hun aswell 😡

Such an angry guy. That's why I remembered your comment, no trawling needed!

Pleased with the Halliday signing.

Robbie has freshened up an appalling squad and though there are still plenty I'd like to see go it has been a good start.

The squad was full of saps last year.  Halliday is exactly the sort of guy we need.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

It's troubling that that's your goto when you don't agree with people :sad:

Good grafter in midfield with decent cover at left back...you must be a hun 😡 McCulloch knows him and might be able to convince him...that cause he's a hun aswell 😡

Such an angry guy. That's why I remembered your comment, no trawling needed!

Angry when my club is going down the Hun route once again. I have a much wider range of things to disagree with people thanks. 
A good grafter, suited to the Championship, another high wage, hasn’t kicked a ball for 6 months, The welcome afforded to a bog standard midfielder who will stunt the growth of Andy Irving is not for me, bash on though. 

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Angry when my club is going down the Hun route once again. I have a much wider range of things to disagree with people thanks. 
A good grafter, suited to the Championship, another high wage, hasn’t kicked a ball for 6 months, The welcome afforded to a bog standard midfielder who will stunt the growth of Andy Irving is not for me, bash on though. 

Andy is the type of character we need at the club, mate.

He hates anything in green. A legend in the making. ♥️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Andy is the type of character we need at the club, mate.

He hates anything in green. A legend in the making. ♥️

Dream on. 

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, Coco said:

Pleased with the Halliday signing.

Robbie has freshened up an appalling squad and though there are still plenty I'd like to see go it has been a good start.

The squad was full of saps last year.  Halliday is exactly the sort of guy we need.

Totally agree... some good business in rebuilding the squad IMO.

Craig Gordon

Ross Stewarton (loan)

Mahail Popescu

Andy Halliday

Jordan Roberts

Elliot Frear

Josh Ginelly (loan)

6/7 have played in the top division in Scotland and are known quantities. They address our acknowledged problems positions of GK, CB, CM, and wingers with pace. Time will tell whether they perform as we all hope, but Robbie's  rebuild looks logical and I think we have a stronger and more balanced squad than we had last season. 

I was not overly impressed by the Halliday talk at first.

I then remembered he will be able to hit the ground running as he knows the league, He will be a good player to have round the squad and we dont know how Haring will fare injury wise so having Halliday covers bases all in all a good signing.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I might believe he's better than he actually is but it's annoyed me for years watching other teams sign the type of player we should, instead we go for projects.

Agree with you about Irving though, will be interesting to see either of them playing on the right side if they play together.

6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Good signing for where we’re at right now. Don’t get what people are moaning about. 

Folk moaning because he's a Hun more than anything else. :laugh2: ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What you on about? Doesn’t matter who we sign a player from. Bigoted fans will behave the same either way.

Bazzas right boot

We signed halliday? 

Great addition to us. 

The balance of the team is far better, just hope no golf carting accidents and injury wipe outs. 

Really, good solid signing. 

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I might believe he's better than he actually is but it's annoyed me for years watching other teams sign the type of player we should, instead we go for projects.

Agree with you about Irving though, will be interesting to see either of them playing on the right side if they play together.

Couldn’t agree more. We need players who, match fitness aside, are ready to perform, this season, not in a year or two