Sporting Director

steve123

I’m also in the not too worried about losing Weir to Rangers (and the damage he could do to us afterwards) category. If we lose him to Rangers, then he must have done a good job to attract their interest. There’s just as much chance of that happening with someone who isn’t a Rangers man, really. Agents have rendered things like confidentiality of contracts, and tapping up meaningless now, anyway. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know there is a lot going on for the club right now but this sporting director role is a farce. We wanted a SD in first before we found a replacement for Levein, yet we've managed to hire 2 managers before this role has been sorted 🤷

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He says would you ****. 

You'd swing n miss and he'd make you eat his dirty socks again. 

He wishes. My brothers are both Gooner shitebags 😀

Jingle Bells

Weir is an intelligent guy who put in a magnificent performance to help us win the Scottish Cup in 1998, against the Hun.

He's also worked at  successful  Academies at  Everton and Brentford.

If he gets the gig I don't see a  lot of minus points to the appointment.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m also in the not too worried about losing Weir to Rangers (and the damage he could do to us afterwards) category. If we lose him to Rangers, then he must have done a good job to attract their interest. There’s just as much chance of that happening with someone who isn’t a Rangers man, really. Agents have rendered things like confidentiality of contracts, and tapping up meaningless now, anyway. 

Is this really a thing ? People scared he will **** off to rangers ? Jeez what a narrow world to live in. If he’s done a good enough job that rangers want him then I’ll be delighted I’d assume it would also mean We would be a far more attractive position for the next guy. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Is this really a thing ? People scared he will **** off to rangers ? Jeez what a narrow world to live in. If he’s done a good enough job that rangers want him then I’ll be delighted I’d assume it would also mean We would be a far more attractive position for the next guy. 

Yes, I agree.

18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Exactly. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

He wishes. My brothers are both Gooner shitebags 😀

😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

100%

Horatio Caine

Weir, IIRC, was brought to the Famous from Falkirk by JJ.  It was his performances for us that won him a move to Der Hun. I imagine he has a lot of affection and respect for HMFC for that reason alone, never mind the experience of winning the Cup with us.  I think he'd be a great appointment.

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Weir, IIRC, was brought to the Famous from Falkirk by JJ.  It was his performances for us that won him a move to Der Hun. I imagine he has a lot of affection and respect for HMFC for that reason alone, never mind the experience of winning the Cup with us.  I think he'd be a great appointment.

Think his eight years at Everton might have played a small part too, mind. :D 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Think his eight years at Everton might have played a small part too, mind. :D 

Perhaps...:whistling:

millerjames398

George craig who worked with leean dumpster at easter rd has just "retired" last season, but im sure hearts could tempt him to get his suit back on, had a good record at falkirk oversaw the forth valley youth academy at stirling uni, and was part of that mobs most ahem successful period, and im sure he'd like to ram it up chief Gordon for destroying his work on their youth academy at the barn,, oh and hes my mates uncle😄...just a thought🇱🇻

23 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Dempster is a former Rangers ST holder. her attachment to Hibs is purely employment convenience and she’s now a very experienced football administrator. If she is the best individual interested in the job I’m sure she’d do fine. As long as we look at everyone qualified and available rather than just pick one of Ann’s pals I’d be fine if it turned out she was the best available candidate 

Highly unlikely but would have dempster at Hearts as ceo 

On 22/06/2020 at 15:13, lou said:

Nelson, Weir and Dempster, 3 professional, articulate and passionate individuals, I would be delighted to have them at the helm

Without doubt just what the club needs 

Guest ToqueJambo

I think we'll go for Weir. This is a time for known quantities and I think Budge is taking a safety-first approach in everything she's doing right now. We can go back to interesting, "out of the box" appointments later, if we really want to. Right now we need people who know and like each other and the club.

Maybe it's an age thing, but after over 30 years following Hearts it's the manager appointments (and often the player signings) that have generated the least excitement that have delivered the best results. Only George Burley bucked that trend for that brief but amazing period.

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we'll go for Weir. This is a time for known quantities and I think Budge is taking a safety-first approach in everything she's doing right now. We can go back to interesting, "out of the box" appointments later, if we really want to. Right now we need people who know and like each other and the club.

Maybe it's an age thing, but after over 30 years following Hearts it's the manager appointments (and often the player signings) that have generated the least excitement that have delivered the best results. Only George Burley bucked that trend for that brief but amazing period.

Excellent post

3 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Why?   What exactly has she achieved, apart from helping them give us something to laugh about.  

58 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Why?   What exactly has she achieved, apart from helping them give us something to laugh about.  

All part of some master plan?

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

The only response required 👏👏

4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Why ?..genuine question

Just what has she done that has made her stand out ?..what great decisions has she made ?

If a club is successful in the league then finance will follow. We then get fans saying a back room administrator has somehow changed its fortunes when the manager and players have done so with them riding behind on their coat tails.

Has she brought finance to the club ?..well no sponsor for a start

Has she picked the right manager in her time at the club ?

Has she set up some fund raising scheme or improved it ?..ladies and gentlemen I give you HSL..what a success

Has she created improvements in communication to generate a decent contact with the fans..still waiting.

I could go on and on....there is nothing to indicate she stands out

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why ?..genuine question

Just what has she done that has made her stand out ?..what great decisions has she made ?

If a club is successful in the league then finance will follow. We then get fans saying a back room administrator has somehow changed its fortunes when the manager and players have done so with them riding behind on their coat tails.

Has she brought finance to the club ?..well no sponsor for a start

Has she picked the right manager in her time at the club ?

Has she set up some fund raising scheme or improved it ?..ladies and gentlemen I give you HSL..what a success

Has she created improvements in communication to generate a decent contact with the fans..still waiting.

I could go on and on....there is nothing to indicate she stands out

It is odd that anyone has suggested her name.   She has achieved pretty much nothing at Hibs, other than make Travelodge an extra few quid.   

She was on the Motherwell Board, when they went into admin though, and was in a senior role at Zoom Airways when they went bust 

I just think Davie Weir ticks all the boxes as a Sporting Director tbh. 

I don't want Dempster either. If she was a savvy CEO, Hibs wouldn't be mothball ing their Academy and making huge cuts. 

Must be a better CEO out there for us than Dempster. 

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sun is saying Dempster is a shock target for the CEO job..

Saw that. The woman who called time on the original reconstruction talks to "concentrate on covid" and then her team ends up skint, sacking their coaches and closing their youth academy! No thanks

Stendelnator

It’s no coincidence Hibs started to sink behind the scenes once the American turned up. That will be why Dempster wants out. 

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Saw that. The woman who called time on the original reconstruction talks to "concentrate on covid" and then her team ends up skint, sacking their coaches and closing their youth academy! No thanks

Can't say I'm impressed bu her either. Got amusement value I guess.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Frankly I have no idea if Dempster's a good fit or not. Seems highly regarded by those who have worked with her but I'm not sure what her notable achievements are.

The Hibs connection doesn't concern me, her suitability for the role does...

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't want Dempster either. If she was a savvy CEO, Hibs wouldn't be mothball ing their Academy and making huge cuts. 

If Ron wants to close the academy to save money then there is very little any CEO could do,

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I doubt she'll have much influence in the decision, likely the owner who wants to cut everything back to the bone.  I'd imagine there's been a fall out between her and RG and she'll be working a ticket.  Added bonus for her if she can move to a bigger club and get one over RG.  

Just now, DH1986 said:

If Ron wants to close the academy to save money then there is very little any CEO could do,

It might have been her decision not to enforce wage cuts early doors. 

5 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I doubt she'll have much influence in the decision, likely the owner who wants to cut everything back to the bone.  I'd imagine there's been a fall out between her and RG and she'll be working a ticket.  Added bonus for her if she can move to a bigger club and get one over RG.  

Perhaps but she was there before Ron Gordon and Hibs were dugshit even then. A number of poor managerial appointments. I wouldn’t say she's been much of a success at Hibs. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Get Phil Anderton back.

Yes, more fireworks!

Is he still at the SRU?

50 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

It’s no coincidence Hibs started to sink behind the scenes once the American turned up. That will be why Dempster wants out. 

Just to take us on the same trajectory !!

Now there's a banner I might support..where are those idiots who are missing out on the chance to be on the right side of the fence for once

Oh and an ex season ticket holder at Ibrox to boot...it's a no from me

Edited by CJGJ

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dempster is a Hibs *****. No chance will Budge appoint her to further alienate the fans. 

if she is any kind of ***** she’s a Rangers  *****

good appointment if it’s true

I seem to remember her doing well with Motherwell and was really highly thought of, at hibs she's been completely hamstrung by first Petrie and then Ron the con. no idea if she would be a good fit but she does seem to be highly thought of. it would be fu(king hilarious just for the seethe across the road, their CEO jumping ship to their neighbours while they are still up their own arses about their precarious position and how secure we actually are.

I mean, if after all of this we are out to **** over as many teams as possible that did the dirty on us, we are definitely on the right track

Dallas Green

Dempster has failed at Hibs. Unless I am missing some great financial or sporting achievement she has brought in.

Not sure why we would want her.

She also voted against reconstruction. 

Rabbie_Burns
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I seem to remember her doing well with Motherwell and was really highly thought of, at hibs she's been completely hamstrung by first Petrie and then Ron the con. no idea if she would be a good fit but she does seem to be highly thought of. it would be fu(king hilarious just for the seethe across the road, their CEO jumping ship to their neighbours while they are still up their own arses about their precarious position and how secure we actually are.

I mean, if after all of this we are out to **** over as many teams as possible that did the dirty on us, we are definitely on the right track

She has all but vanished from sight and sound since the Ron took over 

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Dempster has failed at Hibs. Unless I am missing some great financial or sporting achievement she has brought in.

Not sure why we would want her.

She also voted against reconstruction. 

Spot on. 

Clearly isn't trusted to run the club or, has made mistakes if Ron the con has had to step in and make cuts. A good CEO would have convinced the owner that cuts to wages were necessary for the long term stability of the club. She clearly failed in her duties and if she had any conviction she'd have given him an ultimatum and resigned. 

On 22/06/2020 at 14:59, SectionDJambo said:

In my opinion, too much is being said, and given concern to, David Weir having been at Rangers. If the guy has the qualifications for the job, why should we worry about who else he has had connections with?

All this talk about him maybe helping Rangers in ways that would be detrimental to Hearts is pure paranoia. I can’t think of any DOF, manager or coach, anywhere in the U.K., who has ever been accused of such actions by his club, after he has left that club. Does anyone have a relevant, solid, example of this happening?

If he, in the fullness of time, we’re to leave Hearts to go to Rangers, it would be because he did a great job with us.

We should stop thinking that we are an easy target for manipulation. The SPFL board, and it’s cheerleaders are currently finding out we are not an easy target anymore.

Graeme Souness as Newcastle manager gave £8m to Rangers for Jean-Alain Boumsong.

That said, he also played Ali Dia for Southampton, so it’s possible he’s just a shite judge of a player.