Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I did. Nothings happened to change my mind. Could be wrong though, time will tell. 

Was it something you'd heard was happening or just a guess from yourself.

I mind reading it on here last week then in the paper last night 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Park has been working in our academy last two to three years and has just retired. Where’s the evidence of his ability? 

He has also got confused who was in charge of overseeing Hibs golden generation, that was John Park.

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Got to love The Sun and The Record.

Pretty sure The Record said we had been denied permission to speak to Robbie. Which was true but by the time it was posted he had all but signed!

Welcome Leeann.

merseyjambo
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's very simple chaps. If LD tells RG these things and he decides against it, then she cannot do her job effectively and she should tender her resignation. 

If I was in her position and I was advising my boss that if you don't do this you are undermining the business and a shitstorm was about to rain down on me, I'd be saying cheerio. Anyone in her position worth a sook would do the same. Especially if as folk are trying to suggest, she's actually good at her job and wouldn't be short of offers. Honestly, I very much doubt RG made his fortune not listening to his advisors, especiallyif they were telling him his business may be in trouble. :rolleyes:

Would that not depend on whether your owner was a megalomaniac.

Our recent history tells us that anyone who stands up to an owner is very quickly dismissed or frozen out. Fireworks Phil, Burley, The Riccarton 3 etc. How many of them made suggestions to Vlad and ended up in the bin. Gordon’s chat in the papers about where he wants Hibs to be is very Vlad-esque.

I’m not saying definitely appoint her as CEO but she’s familiar with Scottish football, knows how it works, has knowledge of fan ownership type situations and probably would be a steady appointment.

My hope for the appointment of SD & CEO is to finally overhaul our pi$$ poor player recruitment team and finally get rid of Murray.

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

looks like the comics read jkb for stories 

Do they....

Sun & Record  **** YOU!!!!!

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Gav M said:

as another aside, he was due to sign a 2yr deal with the Partick accademy this year (he's only 8 ) so hopefully being on the books of another team will further dilute that side of things, and as there seems to be a rather strong bond developing with us and Partic, that can only help

Brilliant, good luck to him.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, OTT said:

I've made my feelings on Weir pretty clear. Folk seem happy to laugh it off, but he will bugger off to Rangers as soon as the opportunity arises. The damage that will then cause in terms of youngsters being poached, contracts being run down and coaching staff leaving with him is incalculable. Its not a risk I think we should take. People have made the point that if Rangers want him then its because he's done a good job, but that doesn't excuse the chaos which will ensue after he leaves.

Managers stick to the markets they know and if he went west, the market he knows best would be Hearts. I fundamentally do not want to see our club feed the OF and I cannot see Weirs appointment ending up any other way. People move in football, I totally get that. But I strongly object to carrying the water for a rival. If we went for someone older there's less likelihood they'll move on, foreign less likely to join a rival. Its playing with fire and I'm seriously not keen.

The dubious transfer dealings only reinforce my distrust for the guy. Are we going to see an influx of players who have no business being here? Levein's already done that and there's been a few questions asked of that and his relationship with Colquhoun. 

I know it sounds like I'm being paranoid, but its giving me serious no vibes. Its like when you sign a player like Lafferty, you know he's only got eyes for one club. With a player, its something you can just swallow but you're handing the keys of the football department to this person. I don't want any part of their experience with us impacting us negatively in the future. I firmly believe that will be what happens. 

Adrian Bevington is the marginally better choice, but everyone seems to buy into how shit Scottish football is and that leads them to signing shite english players thinking they'll be class up here. I'd worry that would be the approach he'd follow. Much like Warburton. Probably very expensive too. 

My choice would be Donald Park. Oversaw Hibs golden generation, heaps of experience in Scottish football, knows the club and will see the project through (as in all likelihood will retire after). Its maybe not a fashionable choice, but I think he offers everything we need. He's clearly got an excellent track record with youth development and that should be front and centre of any Sporting Director's strategy at Hearts. Furthermore, does he not instruct coaches for the SFA (or teaches/tutors them?) no doubt has an excellent knowledge of who the up and coming coaches are in Scotland and could very well influence them to come here. I don't think he'd cost anywhere near what Weir or Bevington would want either. Value and experience.

Great post. Park would be an excellent choice if he wanted to do it, he seems to prefer being in the background and coaching though. He was a favourite growing up and I remember my dad sneaking me into Mathers at the West End to get his autograph after a game on our way home, he was a tee totaller at the time. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant, good luck to him.

cheers, one of the reasons I'd hate Partick to be fu(ked over like this, their accademy has been brilliant with him and I'd hate for the good work they have been doing to be mothballed because of a decision that was so inherently wrong

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

She's done a lot of things like that. When my friend's wife (a Hibs fan) was dying she did loads to support her and the family. The Hibs community work is good. 

It would be Ann Budge's judgement. Lots of things a CEO does we don't see. 

Who knows what is best really. Trolling Scottish football just now though. 

Really depends on what she’s looking for, community work is high on our agenda. Budge seems to have always had a good relationship with her.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

cheers, one of the reasons I'd hate Partick to be fu(ked over like this, their accademy has been brilliant with him and I'd hate for the good work they have been doing to be mothballed because of a decision that was so inherently wrong

They handled themselves with a bit of class and have been totally overlooked in all of this as everyone focuses on us. 

Neil Dongcaster

Hibs fans seem to be laughing it off saying she’s too good for us etc. For that reason alone it would raise a wry smile.

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Boumsong the guy that continued to be capped by a good France side and went on to play for Juventus and Lyon?

That Boumsong wasn’t a good player is a myth, he was an excellent player pre-Rangers, a standout with them and a good player again after Newcastle. (Like most players that Newcastle sign)

I’m sure he was and that the transfer wasn’t overpriced. Souness got an EBT after that from Rangers, didn’t he?

ford donald
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great post. Park would be an excellent choice if he wanted to do it, he seems to prefer being in the background and coaching though. He was a favourite growing up and I remember my dad sneaking me into Mathers at the West End to get his autograph after a game on our way home, he was a tee totaller at the time. 

DP likes the coaching side,does not seek the limelight.

Just now, weehammy said:

You know him well then?

I don't know you either. :cheese:

:troll:

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Please don't be Davie Weir. 🙏

Why? Can't stand him. 

This.

A fud.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

DP likes the coaching side,does not seek the limelight.

Exactly, as a SD it’s not easy to do that although CL managed it for years.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

A fud.

Just let Robbie run the whole show. SD, DoF etc... is a pile of shite. Let the Manager manage. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So people say Dempster has done good work at Hibs. Who are these people and is there any evidence to back 

these claims. Come home fireworks Phil that’s what Hearts need FIREWORKS !,

There is no denying the work she has done at hibs they consistently sell as many season tickets as us

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Hibs fans seem to be laughing it off saying she’s too good for us etc. For that reason alone it would raise a wry smile.

Edinburgh live saying she’s not on our radar. 
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/leeann-dempster-not-hearts-target-18477551

Stubbs says Weir is the man for the job.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/key-reason-david-weir-perfect-18477834

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

There is no denying the work she has done at hibs they consistently sell as many season tickets as us

She doesn’t go round door to door selling them, she plays a part in it but can’t take all the credit. Would you give Budge credit for our ST sales?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Park has been working in our academy last two to three years and has just retired. Where’s the evidence of his ability? 

I thought I clearly pointed that out? 

He's credited with Hibs golden generation (Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor, Riordan etc).

The SFA rate him to mentor coaches and he has done that for the better part of a decade

He has a life time of experience and connections in the game, not only the game, but our game. Understanding Scottish football is really important and IMO should not be understated.

He's hugely respected within the game

MacPhee immediately appointed him as assistant over everyone else at the club

If you're talking evidence at Hearts, in the last 2 to 3 years we've saw a wealth of youngsters come through and as time goes on they'll hold their own (Cochrane, McDonald, Irving etc.). You can read how positively Macphee speaks about him here 

I think the question should really be turned back on Weir, wheres the evidence of his ability?

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

I thought I clearly pointed that out? 

He's credited with Hibs golden generation (Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor, Riordan etc).

The SFA rate him to mentor coaches and he has done that for the better part of a decade

He has a life time of experience and connections in the game, not only the game, but our game. Understanding Scottish football is really important and IMO should not be understated.

He's hugely respected within the game

MacPhee immediately appointed him as assistant over everyone else at the club

If you're talking evidence at Hearts, in the last 2 to 3 years we've saw a wealth of youngsters come through and as time goes on they'll hold their own (Cochrane, McDonald, Irving etc.). You can read how positively Macphee speaks about him here 

I think the question should really be turned back on Weir, wheres the evidence of his ability?

So the SFA who oversee an utterly dismal domestic and international football set up rate him. 

He brought through 4 Hibs players, two of whom were wasters and one who never left Scotland. He's rated by a guy we were all desperate to get out the door and brought through a wealth of youngsters who have been unable to make much of a mark on a Hearts team who've been devoid of quality in their positions for a couple of years.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So the SFA who oversee an utterly dismal domestic and international football set up rate him. 

He brought through 4 Hibs players, two of whom were wasters and one who never left Scotland. He's rated by a guy we were all desperate to get out the door and brought through a wealth of youngsters who have been unable to make much of a mark on a Hearts team who've been devoid of quality in their positions for a couple of years.

John Park

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-john-park-former-celtic-16271519.amp

Donald Park

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/managers/?mid=76139&lid=9

The Natural Order

Out of the names listed so far Bevington would be my choice. Weir's a Hun fud so no thanks.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Weir would be a good fit.

Whether we like the guy or not is surely irrelevant!

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I like the part when you completely omit the part about him being universally respected within the game :D 

With the Hibs players you're tinted glasses must be glued on. Miller (Sold for £2m), Thomson (£2m), Riordan (£170k), O'Connor (£1.6m), Whittaker (£2m), Brown (£4.4m). Made Hibs over £12m. Thats not a feat which has been replicated by anyone since. Its hugely impressive. Riordan would have went for a lot more had he not done the dirty on them to sign for Celtic too. A few of them being wasters is neither here nor there. They all went on to have successful careers playing top flight football. 

MacPhee wasn't great, yet he was good enough to see who he had available wasn't good enough. Daly, Fox etc. Immediately went for an experienced head who knows what he's doing. Exactly the same conclusion Stendel drew. Whats your point? A bad manager rates a good coach? Great. I'm sure MacPhee would have taken Guardiola, does that make him shite too? Ridiculous point. 

Regarding the SFA, they are a terribly run organisation but that doesn't mean there aren't people who work there that are actually good at their job. If he was terrible as you seem hell bent on highlighting he'd have been canned by Levein, Strachan, Mcleish or Clarke. He hasn't been since he's well respected because he's good at his job. Speaking of Clarke, I suppose since the SFA are 'utterly dismal' he's not to be rated either? You cannot discount people because the organisation they work for is hopeless. 

This Hearts team has been consistently poor for a number of years, senior players not taking responsibility. Heres one for you. Souttar. Looked lost at Dundee Utd, comes here and suddenly he's looking a real player. Levein was doing a terrible job of managing the team. Stendel comes in and suddenly Moore is a key player. My point is Park cannot be held responsible for Leveins piss poor management of young talent, Park has been responsible for the kids and they are doing well, a change in management shows that. In amongst all of that Cochrane made his debut at 16 and there are articles about why we should build a team around Irving. I saw an article (might have been posted on here that looks at Irvings stats and he's not far off Davis and a few of the Celtic boys (passes complete etc.). 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Exactly, he could be the most obnoxious t*** possible, but if he makes Hearts perform better short and long term I am happy to have him on board.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I like the part when you completely omit the part about him being universally respected within the game :D 

With the Hibs players you're tinted glasses must be glued on. Miller (Sold for £2m), Thomson (£2m), Riordan (£170k), O'Connor (£1.6m), Whittaker (£2m), Brown (£4.4m). Made Hibs over £12m. Thats not a feat which has been replicated by anyone since. Its hugely impressive. Riordan would have went for a lot more had he not done the dirty on them to sign for Celtic too. A few of them being wasters is neither here nor there. They all went on to have successful careers playing top flight football. 

MacPhee wasn't great, yet he was good enough to see who he had available wasn't good enough. Daly, Fox etc. Immediately went for an experienced head who knows what he's doing. Exactly the same conclusion Stendel drew. Whats your point? A bad manager rates a good coach? Great. I'm sure MacPhee would have taken Guardiola, does that make him shite too? Ridiculous point. 

Regarding the SFA, they are a terribly run organisation but that doesn't mean there aren't people who work there that are actually good at their job. If he was terrible as you seem hell bent on highlighting he'd have been canned by Levein, Strachan, Mcleish or Clarke. He hasn't been since he's well respected because he's good at his job. Speaking of Clarke, I suppose since the SFA are 'utterly dismal' he's not to be rated either? You cannot discount people because the organisation they work for is hopeless. 

This Hearts team has been consistently poor for a number of years, senior players not taking responsibility. Heres one for you. Souttar. Looked lost at Dundee Utd, comes here and suddenly he's looking a real player. Levein was doing a terrible job of managing the team. Stendel comes in and suddenly Moore is a key player. My point is Park cannot be held responsible for Leveins piss poor management of young talent, Park has been responsible for the kids and they are doing well, a change in management shows that. In amongst all of that Cochrane made his debut at 16 and there are articles about why we should build a team around Irving. I saw an article (might have been posted on here that looks at Irvings stats and he's not far off Davis and a few of the Celtic boys (passes complete etc.). 

I'm not arguing with you. I don't know much about him or care who does/doesn't become SD. Just felt what you wrote initially didn't exactly make him jump out as someone you'd want to be a Sporting Director 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm not arguing with you. I don't know much about him or care who does/doesn't become SD. Just felt what you wrote initially didn't exactly make him jump out as someone you'd want to be a Sporting Director 

Fair enough. My original point is that Weir is a poor choice (for various reasons i've previously outlined). I don't think its fair to shoot something down without offering an alternative (seriously, the amount of posts I read where someone puts an idea out and the reply is 'nonsense' infuriates me no end). Donald Park for me ticks every single box that Weir doesn't. 

Theres an entire thread taking the piss out of Naysmiths role as loans manager being a kiddy on job. Weir is literally doing that role for Brighton. If nothing else, they're happy to hand the keys to the kingdom over to a role they deem mickey mouse? Why not save some cash and just give it to Naysmith? Since managing loanees apparently qualifies you to be a Sports Director.

I think with an SD you need to have experience and be trustworthy. Weir isn't either from what I can see and thats not including my misgivings about his ties to Rangers. We've got a guy with 3 decades of coaching experience, a proven track record developing kids and virtual universal respect at all levels of the game sitting on our door step, and we're instead going to give it someone who will jump ship the moment Rangers blink at him. It seems utterly reckless to me. 

30 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Out of the names listed so far Bevington would be my choice. Weir's a Hun fud so no thanks.

I agree and with Bevington I'd think you're more likely to see clear blue water between him on the admin etc side and RN on the football side.

willie wallace
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Daily Rec are wrong about almost everything. She's probably top of the list. 

I hope for once  they are right.Dempster  has been ripped apart on here since she joined Hibs.

It gone even worse after the voting fiasco with everyone(me included) begging Ann Budge to break all ties with her and Hibs.

I know we are fickle lot at times but Dempster at Hearts ?? 

Please don't let it happen.

1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

The reason I dislike him is for what I consider to be a total lack of respect shown to a former club (a sneaky off the ball two handed, excessively forceful push on Zal into the net at a corner), so in this case I do consider it relevant.

39 minutes ago, weehammy said:

How very witty! The Oscar Wilde of JKB.

Hiya Ross. What’s your Hibs.net username?

8043227C-BE60-4A30-B96B-3E044AF74AFC.jpeg

Chuck Berry
16 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yes, more fireworks!

Is he still at the SRU?

No, he had a job with tennis after Hearts, then in Dubai, who knows what now.

Heartsofgold
Just now, Hood09 said:

I honestly think John Collins would be a good sporting director 

Spongebob Squareheid?!?!  No thanks.  His a very confrontational character so no, no way.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Spongebob Squareheid?!?!  No thanks.  His a very confrontational character so no, no way.

His philosophy is linked with Robbies. He will have decent contacts and his focus is on youth development. He was confrontational as he wanted to be professional, if no one wants to buy into that then I don’t want them at the club anyway. 

Bungalow Bill
4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I honestly think John Collins would be a good sporting director 

Agreed. Wants players to improve both on and off the pitch. The majority of Scottish players would have none of that.