• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

True, but at least shows someone who wants to take the role seriously that they have done a recognised course that provides the technical knowledge for a role. Its means they are not just an ex-pro who looking for a job and suddenly decides they want to try sporting director and applies.

The only course of it’s kind in the world apparently.

https://www.mmu.ac.uk/sport-directorship/

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I think its a really bad idea having a Sporting director with rangers leanings. Very very risky IMO.

He was a Hearts Everton and Scotland stalwart as well as being Rangers minded for a while - happy with that 

Wonder if he’ll share a photo of his leaving present from Rangers?? That’ll upset a few on here I’d imagine..... 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

He was a Hearts Everton and Scotland stalwart as well as being Rangers minded for a while - happy with that 

Yup, I find people trying to suggest they lean to one of the old firm to mean that the person will not be professional at all in their role.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

Sure Kev has an account here, Gary is his twin brother so he generally does hear things, even though he lives far away :) 

The Lockes can never keep anything under warps. Everyone in Bonnyrigg Club knew who hearts were signing before the papers did when Gary was on the coaching staff.

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

He Who Cannot Be Named
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

No shit sherlock.

He Who Cannot Be Named
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, I find people trying to suggest they lean to one of the old firm to mean that the person will not be professional at all in their role.

Would you say the journalists with OF leanings are professional? 

Adrian Bevington who was rumoured earlier might be a better fit for CEO than Sporting Director. 

Rick Sanchez

How hard did that Kenny McIntyre try to get Levein and Pressley to bad mouth the Dundee Utd owners 🤦‍♂️

Embarrassing as ****.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Would you say the journalists with OF leanings are professional? 

I would say that what the equivalence in journalism to what you allude earlier is a journalist for the Scotsman, who likes the Sun, giving the Sun scoops and helping them out despite being employed by the Scotsman.

27 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He might end up being good at the job, but having a Masters degree doesn't make you an expert in a subject area, especially if you haven't actually done the job before.

He's got massive experience in football. I'd say he's more than qualified for the job like. 

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

He would piss of to rangers in a heart beat but that's life. 

Look at Robbie, despite our current situation, jumped at the chance to come back to us. 

Would also mean he was / had done well. 

I can live with that. 

I'm sure Davie Weir said he would never go back to Ibrox, nevermind work for Rangers again after the bitterness of he and Warburtons departure. Anyway, Rangers seem to have a very good SD of their own. 

Edited by Cruyff

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A CEO? To replace Ann? 

I assume Ann will get her money back very soon would think about taking a less active role over the coming years.

She's 72 now. I would not blame here. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's got massive experience in football. I'd say he's more than qualified for the job like. 

Yip. 

Folk forget we are Hearts in the Scottish league. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Davie Weir said he would never go back to Ibrox, nevermind work for Rangers again after the bitterness of he and Warburtons departure. Anyway, Rangers seem to have a very good SD of their own. 

God point. 

Having read his book tho, he definitely had a soft spot for rangers. 

Who cares tho. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If thats true then I might soften my stance a bit, but I'm extremely apprehensive about giving full control of our footballing department to someone who I think would go west at the first opportunity. 

I think no Hearts fan wants us to be used as a feeder club for Rangers and having someone with such a history there gives me real reservations. Pasquale posted about the Lewis McLeod transfer and a few other seriously questionable actions at Brentford.

Trust is important, and I really don't trust him. I don't have confidence he'll see through the plan he's being signed up to implement and I don't trust him not to go to Rangers the minute they come calling. 

I wanted someone who isn't coming with any Scottish football baggage. Fyssas for example, if he was to take it he'd probably only be interested in moves back to Greece or a substantially bigger club outside of Scotland. I think Weir will have the same mindset which plagues Scottish football. That the OF are gods and we're all mere mortals. 

I'm really not enthused at the prospect, although I'll happy eat my words if i'm proven wrong. 

Davie Weir has played at all levels, from US college football to the English Premiership, with all the knowledge and connections that would come with that. He's clearly highly motivated and hugely professional. You don't have a playing career at as high a level as he did, at the age of 40-****ing-2, unless you have drive, desire and impeccably high standards. The guy was player of the year at 40 FFS! 

He's also clearly a clever guy and has taken a fecking Masters degree for the role. 

So here we have a Scottish football legend, who's played at the highest levels, won countless medals and trophies, has contacts all over Europe, has a fecking Masters degree in Sporting Directorship, and to top it all it off played in the side that gave me the greatest day I've ever had following the club? 

**** it, not interested in him. 

He played for Rangers for a bit.

6 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I assume Ann will get her money back very soon would think about taking a less active role over the coming years.

My guess is Ann will still be here as Chairwoman as she currently does both roles

You know Weir was an absolute class

act for us as a player. Pure class.

At Rangers he seemed to do exactly what is expected of every Scottish player that joins them - prove that’s he’s an arrogant,

irritant arsehole and act with no class whatsoever, especially when playing against his former team. He behaved like a prick against us on numerous occasions that I can recall. Arguably far worse over a period of time than one chest pump

from Elvis.

So here we are now - a former hero pf ours; a class player. A wealth of experience on both sides of the border. A winner. Experience of playing, coaching and assisting a manager. Intelligent, educated - as we always say, although annoying, if Hearts are the summit of his ambitions then he isn’t good enough.

I’ll be pleased and interested by this.

The CEO point also very interesting but if you think about it not surprising.

Succession planning does need to start.

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Don't get that sorry explain.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Wonder if he’ll share a photo of his leaving present from Rangers?? That’ll upset a few on here I’d imagine..... 

What was it?

Just on the CEO role Levein mentioned on that podcast. Any bets its Dempster? Rocky relationship with Ron and gets on well with Ann (apparently). 

41 minutes ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I think its a really bad idea having a Sporting director with rangers leanings. Very very risky IMO.

😂😂😂

I think this post was a bad idea and very very stupid IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

What was it?

Rangers top with his name and number on it and along the bottom “No surrender”. Name, number and slogan all printed with “official” lettering etc so not just written on. Presented to

him along with a photo of the queen and signed by all the players. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

God point. 

Having read his book tho, he definitely had a soft spot for rangers. 

Who cares tho. 

He's a Rangers man, always has been. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

If thats true then I might soften my stance a bit, but I'm extremely apprehensive about giving full control of our footballing department to someone who I think would go west at the first opportunity. 

I think no Hearts fan wants us to be used as a feeder club for Rangers and having someone with such a history there gives me real reservations. Pasquale posted about the Lewis McLeod transfer and a few other seriously questionable actions at Brentford.

Trust is important, and I really don't trust him. I don't have confidence he'll see through the plan he's being signed up to implement and I don't trust him not to go to Rangers the minute they come calling. 

I wanted someone who isn't coming with any Scottish football baggage. Fyssas for example, if he was to take it he'd probably only be interested in moves back to Greece or a substantially bigger club outside of Scotland. I think Weir will have the same mindset which plagues Scottish football. That the OF are gods and we're all mere mortals. 

I'm really not enthused at the prospect, although I'll happy eat my words if i'm proven wrong. 

I'd imagine he will be very professional and do his job in the interests of the club as he did as a player. Doesn't strike me as someone that would let his allegiances rule his head tbh. 

As I said, Rangers already have a very good sporting director, so I doubt we have to worry about losing him before he has even signed, at least not for a number of years. If the day comes when he does go there, so what? We replace him with someone else. 

18 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Davie Weir has played at all levels, from US college football to the English Premiership, with all the knowledge and connections that would come with that. He's clearly highly motivated and hugely professional. You don't have a playing career at as high a level as he did, at the age of 40-****ing-2, unless you have drive, desire and impeccably high standards. The guy was player of the year at 40 FFS! 

He's also clearly a clever guy and has taken a fecking Masters degree for the role. 

So here we have a Scottish football legend, who's played at the highest levels, won countless medals and trophies, has contacts all over Europe, has a fecking Masters degree in Sporting Directorship, and to top it all it off played in the side that gave me the greatest day I've ever had following the club? 

This whole post in a giant nutshell. 

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Agreed, matter of tine

23 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Aye, but does he ken the Hearts song?

Seriously, Davie Weir would be a strong appointment.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The court case could be her last hurrah.

What a way for her to bow out.

100%, also means she doesn’t have to worry about upsetting people 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He's a Rangers man, always has been. 

I'd imagine he will be very professional and do his job in the interests of the club as he did as a player. Doesn't strike me as someone that would let his allegiances rule his head tbh. 

As I said, Rangers already have a very good sporting director, so I doubt we have to worry about losing him before he has even signed, at least not for a number of years. If the day comes when he does go there, so what? We replace him with someone else. 

The so what is what worries me. He'll have by then intimate knowledge of the club, player contracts, wages, who the good kids are, coaches. 

Its too much of a risk. He could very well end up gutting the club when he leaves and then coming back to pick the carcass clean. Blows continuity right out of the water. 

I think its totally the wrong decision.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100%, also means she doesn’t have to worry about upsetting people 

And when she does, I'd hope it's at a packed Tynecastle so we can show our appreciation for all she has done for this club.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And when she does, I'd hope it's at a packed Tynecastle so we can show our appreciation for all she has done for this club.

bow there a lady who deserves a statue

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I would imagine so, I can see her staying on as chairwoman and letting a new CEO take most of the work.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers top with his name and number on it and along the bottom “No surrender”. Name, number and slogan all printed with “official” lettering etc so not just written on. Presented to

Thanks for confirming he’s a fud.

john thomas
15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I'm assuming this is a joke ?

21 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Davie Weir was absolutely different class for everyone. 

Surely Celtic, Hibs, Dundee teams, Ayr and Aberdeen are higher on the hate list these days than Rangers? 

Let me be clear. He never arranged his own gift, that was the gift he was given by the players and staff. He obviously got other stuff but that was in the changing room ready for him at the full time whistle after his last game. 

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I'm assuming this is a joke ?

Why? Don't you know anything about Rangers? Seems exactly like the sort of thing they enjoy. 

37 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

👏