Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Snakey gets the gig the Levein rumours will not go away, 100%. It would be a mistake.

I'm happy with Fyssas but I think Weir or McCann could sell the club a bit better.

If folk stop giving that utter nonsense bullshit rumour oxygen & shut it down whenever someone spews it out then eventually, it will go away. 

manaliveits105

:levein2:

Clark Levein appointed new SD

Hearts have today appointed Craig Levein’s thus far unknown identical twin brother Clark as sporting director at Tynecastle. Clean shaven Clark says he can’t wait to get started and work with Robbie Neilson

Read somewhere that we have 3 potential lined up and are doing interviews this week.

Based on nothing but hearsay off here i think we could be looking at elvis, weir, or mccann? throw in takis as an outside chance.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

:levein2:

Clark Levein appointed new SD

Hearts have today appointed Craig Levein’s thus far unknown identical twin brother Clark as sporting director at Tynecastle. Clean shaven Clark says he can’t wait to get started and work with Robbie Neilson

:trippin:

7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Read somewhere that we have 3 potential lined up and are doing interviews this week.

Based on nothing but hearsay off here i think we could be looking at elvis, weir, or mccann? throw in takis as an outside chance.

Takis is the only one with experience in such a role, or similar.  Elvis and McCann are only failed managers.  Weir is a bit meh.  

pettigrewsstylist
19 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

What an anti climax that would be. 

18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

mark Donaldson said interviews this week. Read a post previously that all candidates were asked to list manager in order of preference and neilson was first choice for all. 

22 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

If we have still to interview him, then I guess we did change our mind again, and picked the manager first.    It would also be interested to know who picked what payers we re-signed, and what ones we released.   Kirk?

Hate to be negative but given that there's sod all football being played, why do we need one?

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Given that nobody knew about Robbie I would guess that the SD may well be as big a surprise to us all.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hate to be negative but given that there's sod all football being played, why do we need one?

To plan for the future

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

That is such a stupid question.....the scary thing is you aren’t the first to have asked it.

Borders Jambo

If the SD was asked for his preference for Manager and chose Robbie, why are we interviewing 3 candidates?

Or did all 3 candidates say Robbie?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

That is such a stupid question.....the scary thing is you aren’t the first to have asked it.

It is odd.  We absolutely need one.  And now.   No football is being played, but we still must get ourselves as prepared and ready as we can be. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

It is odd.  We absolutely need one.  And now.   No football is being played, but we still must get ourselves as prepared and ready as we can be. 

Yep.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Borders Jambo said:

If the SD was asked for his preference for Manager and chose Robbie, why are we interviewing 3 candidates?

Or did all 3 candidates say Robbie?

One to be SD.

One to be Assistant  SD.

One to be Dep/Assistant SD.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Given that nobody knew about Robbie I would guess that the SD may well be as big a surprise to us all.

I would guess at Fyssas, Weir and Park

Borders Jambo
20 minutes ago, lou said:

I would guess at Fyssas, Weir and Park

I would take one of those with my preference Fyssas or Park. 

In saying that I can't imagine any of those three standing for any shirkers in the squad, nor Robbie for that matter.

If it is SP, then this place will go into meltdown.

8 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Maybe off topic,and maybe missed it,but is John Murray still around🤷‍♂️

I would hope not

50 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If we have still to interview him, then I guess we did change our mind again, and picked the manager first.    It would also be interested to know who picked what payers we re-signed, and what ones we released.   Kirk?

I doubt that Neilson was appointed before the SD was selected. I think that AB has learned her lesson in that regard.

Expecting an announcement to follow.

Re the re-signed players, yes that will have been Kirk in consultation with Stendel and I would imagine AB is now confirming with Neilson that we are signing Craig Gordon.

I think Presley would be a superb ambassador for us and really drive and sell the club. He communicates well and has been staunch in his support for us of late. Yes he got messed about and went away and done the Celtic thing. But what a captain he was for us, he would’ve taken a bullet for hearts. I’d have no worries if big and wee elvis were steering our ship 👍🏻

upgotheheads

Whoever it is he needs to be up-to-date with players in Scotland. We have missed too many tricks over all the years I have been supporting Hearts.

3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I think Presley would be a superb ambassador for us and really drive and sell the club. He communicates well and has been staunch in his support for us of late. Yes he got messed about and went away and done the Celtic thing. But what a captain he was for us, he would’ve taken a bullet for hearts. I’d have no worries if big and wee elvis were steering our ship 👍🏻

You do realise a sporting director isn't just a club ambassador? 

They actually have a job to do ie sign players, don't let a promising 17 year olds contract run down, look at young players for future.

Not just say nice things about the club. 

Edited by Ari Gold

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

They actually have a job to do ie sign players, don't let a promising 17 year olds contract run down, look at young players for future.

You do realise it’s my opinion? 👍🏻

Did someone on one of the many threads yesterday not say the Sporting Director (Or Director of Football) was a "done deal"???

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did someone on one of the many threads yesterday not say the Sporting Director (Or Director of Football) was a "done deal"???

Yeah I read 2/3 people say that the sporting director was already in place with one going on to say he asked for Neilson to be manager specifically.

However if the press are to be believed and there’s interviews this week then the above would be wrong. 

The Future's Maroon

The interviews may just be part of the recruitment process, I have attended an interview in the past knowing I was getting the job and the interviewer knowing I was getting it.

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Snakey gets the gig the Levein rumours will not go away, 100%. It would be a mistake.

I'm happy with Fyssas but I think Weir or McCann could sell the club a bit better.

Keep trying.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about East Mains than the Levein rumours.  One seems to be true while the other is in your head.  Ron might sell another club a bit better.

26 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Exactly how should this be done if the17 year old and his father have decided his future lies elsewhere?

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Keep trying.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about East Mains than the Levein rumours.  One seems to be true while the other is in your head.  Ron might sell another club a bit better.

Why does that make me a Hibs fan?

1. The Levein being in the shadows pish would return after a few bad results if it's Snakey/Neilson.

2. Weir or McCann would probably be able to sell the club better to potential signings. I don't see Takis uprooting his family to scout the Scottish Championship. Hearts were a different club when he was here.

3. Season ticket holder, FoH pledger...Happy to prove it.

complete control
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

+ playing in a league that teams haven't got enough players in the now ..

complete control
42 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

exactly. hasnt behaved any worse in a celtic strip than craig Gordon has.

12 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Weir's actually a really decent guy, maybe comes across to some people as arrogant or whatever.

Agree ... from personal experience I liked him. He does have an air of self assurance rather than arrogance

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

1. The Levein being in the shadows pish would return after a few bad results if it's Snakey/Neilson.

2. Weir or McCann would probably be able to sell the club better to potential signings. I don't see Takis uprooting his family to scout the Scottish Championship. Hearts were a different club when he was here.

1. Forget Levein

2. Weir and McCann had decent careers but ffs didn't have the class of Fyssas and certainly didn't play in a Euro winning team for their country.  Whether Takis would uproot is a separate matter

3. I'll take your word for it.

29 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yeah I read 2/3 people say that the sporting director was already in place with one going on to say he asked for Neilson to be manager specifically.

However if the press are to be believed and there’s interviews this week then the above would be wrong. 

Interviews are indeed happening this week

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

🤯🤪

AllyjamboDerbyshire
25 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The interviews may just be part of the recruitment process, I have attended an interview in the past knowing I was getting the job and the interviewer knowing I was getting it.

Same here, when my mum said after a grilling about how I was getting on at school, 'Ally, you got the job, it's your turn to wash the dishes tonight!' Somehow we both knew I was getting the job, even before she started talking to me. Little did I know I'd got a job for life, though :(

He will be a relatively unknown upcoming young football professional administrator that has demonstrable track record of solid performance and success! Hopefully announced in the next few days!

20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Mate.

Please stop talking utter shite!

CRAIG LEVEIN HAS LEFT THE CLUB AND NO LONGER HAS ANY ROLE OR INFLUENCE AT HEARTS WHATSOEVER!!!!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

He will be a relatively unknown upcoming young football professional administrator that has demonstrable track record of solid performance and success! Hopefully announced in the next few days!

Oh aye? You seem to know more than that vague statement. Spill.

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mate.

Please stop talking utter shite!

CRAIG LEVEIN HAS LEFT THE CLUB AND NO LONGER HAS ANY ROLE OR INFLUENCE AT HEARTS WHATSOEVER!!!!

And I believe that to be the case! Not disputing it.

I'm just saying after a few bad results Snakey and Neilson would be getting called puppets and Levein's name would keep popping up.

I'd rather his name disappeared for a good few years. Which is why I would rather someone with no connection to him.

complete control
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Whoever it is he needs to be up-to-date with players in Scotland. We have missed too many tricks over all the years I have been supporting Hearts.

correct mate

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

And I believe that to be the case! Not disputing it.

I'm just saying after a few bad results Snakey and Neilson would be getting called puppets and Levein's name would keep popping up.

I'd rather his name disappeared for a good few years. Which is why I would rather someone with no connection to him.

Fair enough but how is Robbie or Pressley "connected" to Levein?

They're as connected to him as they are to any other Hearts player/manager during their time at Tynecastle. 

This needs stopped and starved of oxygen. Anyone who mentions Levein in regard to Robbie is either an arse or a hibby in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

McCann as Sporting Director is what I think will happen.

I think I'd be happier about this than I would be if he'd been appointed manager. Young, articulate and hopefully open to new ideas. Knows the club. Was well thought of as a player. I have no idea what his relationship is like with Robbie. This is the critical thing for me.