Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Dempster knows her onions but she's Hibs.

I don't want anyone at Hearts with an attachment or sympathies towards that shower of cretins. 

Anyone employed by Hearts, especially a prospective CEO, should have nothing but pure hatred and contempt for them. 

**** Hibs and all that sail with them, including Dumpster. 

Dempster is a former Rangers ST holder. her attachment to Hibs is purely employment convenience and she’s now a very experienced football administrator. If she is the best individual interested in the job I’m sure she’d do fine. As long as we look at everyone qualified and available rather than just pick one of Ann’s pals I’d be fine if it turned out she was the best available candidate 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Interesting post. All valid points -  You ITK in anyway with the situation over there or just putting things together?

I'm interested in where the major points of disagreement are with her & Ron

Just putting things together. Differences with Ron - no fan ownership, transfer of assets, lack of cash injection, voting to expel us from top league, pay cuts/deferrals, academy mothballing. Lots of things. 

Ffs, is it any different to having Ex Hibs and Rangers players plying their trade on the park for us. If it’s LD so be it, who cares.

Lets us supporters just focus on our Manager and Players and let AB look after the internal running of the Office/Admin departments.

DOS or CEO all that matters is that they are the best we can afford and they are very competent in their duties.

Discussing who they played for, worked for or supported is fine but should never be a problem employing them.

Hearts should never be small minded by holding prejudices against people who could do a job for Hearts.

Independence
1 hour ago, Jambo1952 said:

Ffs, is it any different to having Ex Hibs and Rangers players plying their trade on the park for us. If it’s LD so be it, who cares.

Lets us supporters just focus on our Manager and Players and let AB look after the internal running of the Office/Admin departments.

Correct or we are really limiting our pool of choice. Some people need to grow up! 

Jamstomorrow

I would not worry unduly about Davie Weir's Rankgers connection.    

2 names come to mind . . .   Alex Mcdonald and Sandy Jardine.

I think it's pretty crucial that both our manager and SD can relate to the modern young player. I don't think, after RN left last time we ever got the blend right with good experienced pros and young lads. We had too many journeymen wit a real lack of leadership until Naismith arrived and, when he was injured no-one really.

You'd love to be a fly on the wall.  Ron may have been looking to shaft Hearts as we knocked him back and Leann Dempster may have been supportive towards us for obvious reasons.

Pure speculation of course but if there is a rift, the above scenario is plausible.

I don't want her coming here though.  She's made her bed.

Pasquale for King

I’m not sure where people are getting that Gordon would want Hearts out the league. He is a money man, he wouldn’t have wanted to forfeit £130k, nor lose two derbies, she put herself forward and then left the reconstruction committee. He’s now cutting costs and sacking folk. He doesn’t do sentiment, any bad feeling towards us is coming from her. When he does sack her for failing to get a sponsor two years running she should be nowhere near our club.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I think it's pretty crucial that both our manager and SD can relate to the modern young player. I don't think, after RN left last time we ever got the blend right with good experienced pros and young lads. We had too many journeymen wit a real lack of leadership until Naismith arrived and, when he was injured no-one really.

It really has to be someone who doesn’t want the job, it seems Weir sees himself as a Sporting Director having achieved a PT 2 year Masters degree. Still wouldn’t be my choice.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

You'd love to be a fly on the wall.  Ron may have been looking to shaft Hearts as we knocked him back and Leann Dempster may have been supportive towards us for obvious reasons.

Pure speculation of course but if there is a rift, the above scenario is plausible.

I don't want her coming here though.  She's made her bed.

Pretty sure Travel Lodges hire maids for that sort of thing?! 😂

The Natural Order
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

She ain't coming to Hearts more likely if she leaves Hibs to take a few months away from game.

August and September before we start in October?

TBH if I was employed by Hearts and told my brother summat which he then tweeted I’d ******* knock him out

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I will add a third. Dave McPherson

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Dempster knows her onions but she's Hibs.

I don't want anyone at Hearts with an attachment or sympathies towards that shower of cretins. 

Anyone employed by Hearts, especially a prospective CEO, should have nothing but pure hatred and contempt for them. 

**** Hibs and all that sail with them, including Dumpster. 

She grew up hun. As did Weir. As did Robbie when I think about it.

:shocked666:

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure where people are getting that Gordon would want Hearts out the league. He is a money man, he wouldn’t have wanted to forfeit £130k, nor lose two derbies, she put herself forward and then left the reconstruction committee. He’s now cutting costs and sacking folk. He doesn’t do sentiment, any bad feeling towards us is coming from her. When he does sack her for failing to get a sponsor two years running she should be nowhere near our club.

From previous posts there seems to be a prevailing theory that he thinks its like American Soccer with the whole franchise shite. Like, we'll all start supporting Hibs because they are the premiership team. 

Not sure how true it is, but there ya go :D 

26 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

TBH if I was employed by Hearts and told my brother summat which he then tweeted I’d ******* knock him out

Unfortunately the employee to which you are referring to is not the most discreet individual.

He needs to stop blabbing or it’ll cost him his job one day.

Edited by DH1986

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They weren't at Hibs though. I'd rather be a hun than Hibs tbf. 

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Loads of good ex gers players have played for us. Good celts too.

3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

3 great names. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, OTT said:

From previous posts there seems to be a prevailing theory that he thinks its like American Soccer with the whole franchise shite. Like, we'll all start supporting Hibs because they are the premiership team. 

Yeah I believe that, he might move them to the Borders and rename them the Hibernian Reivers 😆🤪

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Loads of good ex gers players have played for us. Good celts too.

Indeed, would you have them doing transfer deals with them?

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was trying to infer that earlier but straight to the point as ever 👍🏽

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was trying to infer that earlier but straight to the point as ever 👍🏽

I'm a blunt **** eh?

I was never subtle to start with but 10 years in Holland would change anyone.

I mind when we bought our house and met our neighbours, a nice dutch couple in their 60s. We're sitting having coffee, chatting away when the woman goes "which bedroom will you be in?"

I told her and she goes "ah, that's next to ours. Should we change room, do you have regular sex? Are you very loud?" :laugh2:

God love the dutch!

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm a blunt **** eh?

I was never subtle to start with but 10 years in Holland would change anyone.

I mind when we bought our house and met our neighbours, a nice dutch couple in their 60s. We're sitting having coffee, chatting away when the woman goes "which bedroom will you be in?"

I told her and she goes "ah, that's next to ours. Should we change room, do you have regular sex? Are you very loud?" :laugh2:

God love the dutch!

Hahahahaha best way to be I suppose 😃

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, OTT said:

The concept of a sports team being part of a community is totally alien to most Americans. They live on a different planet when it comes to professional team sports. Dundee's owners already changed the stadium name, just waiting for the first one of them, D Utd and Hibs to change their badge. And you'd think when they realise that, unlike in America, the system in Scotland is biased to the richest clubs with no hope at all for a level playing field, they're bound to get fed up. They're used to drafts and salary caps to try to stop one team dominating. Budge is quite right to have rejected at least two American advances so far.

Edited by ToqueJambo

fabienleclerq

Not wanting someone because rangers might nick him if he does well😂

He'd have to do well in the first place which is what we are after? Rangers nicking him is like us taking Dundee uniteds manager, that's how football works. 

Why would Dempster come to Hearts? It wouldn't be worth the hassle. It's like the threads we used to get about signing their best players. 

Thought Police

Barry saying it could be between Weir and Bevington.

My gut would probably be go with Bevington, someone with absolutely no links to Scottish football, with a history in recruitment, completely away from the first team.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

My gut would probably be go with Bevington, someone with absolutely no links to Scottish football, with a history in recruitment, completely away from the first team.

Reckon Bevington might be a good fit for the CEO position that Levein talked about?

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Reckon Bevington might be a good fit for the CEO position that Levein talked about?

this sounds about right. Barry story has so little detail it’s unbelievable. 

Rick Sanchez

Two completely different options here.

Former player with a decent knowledge of the game in Scotland. Or a highly regarded head of recruitment/managing director who probably doesn't know the Scottish game too well or worked within a budget like ours.

Colonel Kurtz

as i posted several days ago Bevington surprised Hearts by applying give the salary dropping a zero from his Fa dough.

can see Bevington as CEO taking over from Budge and DOF handling recruitment probably Weir.

Colonel Kurtz
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Two completely different options here.

Former player with a decent knowledge of the game in Scotland. Or a highly regarded head of recruitment/managing director who probably doesn't know the Scottish game too well or worked within a budget like ours.

Bevingtons recruitment record at Middlesborough could be politely described as chequered

48 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Not wanting someone because rangers might nick him if he does well😂

He'd have to do well in the first place which is what we are after? Rangers nicking him is like us taking Dundee uniteds manager, that's how football works. 

Why would Dempster come to Hearts? It wouldn't be worth the hassle. It's like the threads we used to get about signing their best players. 

It's like saying we should never have signed him as a player. 

Another 11 years before he went to Rangers.

He has stuck at all his jobs up to now. Turned down loads of chances to leave including his 3 years at Hearts.

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Bevingtons recruitment record at Middlesborough could be politely described as chequered

As this article shows

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/14-players-who-signed-middlesbrough-while-adrian-bevington-was-head-recruitment-operations-1349075

CEO could be a good shout

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Given the reaction to Weir as SD it will be interesting to watch when it’s Dempster as CEO. 

We'll need two planes.....!

53 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

this

44 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Bevington would be a good shout IMO under the right arrangements.  As CEO he would be ideal with his experience, contacts and administrative knowledge within the game.  I'm not so sure about (some of) the SD element of the role

I'd be a little concerned re his ability to source managers (fortunately we have one) if Woodgate is anything to go by but, on playing recruitment, if RN was identifying our needs and Bevington's job was to go get them, I'd be much more comfortable.

With Weir, I would have fears that his wide football knowledge might spill over into team matters and we could finish up with the same "interference" accusations as we had with CL and RN.

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Signing injured players and strikers who can't score. He'll fit right in.

In all seriousness though, I'd rather we got him in then Weir. Something about employing someone with such heavy old firm connection to head up our recruitment just doesn't sit right with me. They've screwed us over far too many times and want no sympathy towards them at all.  

Edited by E6 Inc

Im surprised Bevington was hired by M'boro re recruitment...I cant say I know his CV all that well apart from his FA role, but what are his experiences/qualifications re football matters in that regard? I get the administrative role as a CEO & even a sporting director as long as his role doesnt involve identifying the talent, simply getting the people in who have been identified by coaching staff or scouts (jokes a side, apart from Murray, who do we have in any capacity in this regard, anyone actually know???)

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

I dont fancy Wier, Bevington or Dempster :facepalm:

Well nobody's forcing you to date any of them.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

In my opinion, too much is being said, and given concern to, David Weir having been at Rangers. If the guy has the qualifications for the job, why should we worry about who else he has had connections with?

All this talk about him maybe helping Rangers in ways that would be detrimental to Hearts is pure paranoia. I can’t think of any DOF, manager or coach, anywhere in the U.K., who has ever been accused of such actions by his club, after he has left that club. Does anyone have a relevant, solid, example of this happening?

If he, in the fullness of time, we’re to leave Hearts to go to Rangers, it would be because he did a great job with us.

We should stop thinking that we are an easy target for manipulation. The SPFL board, and it’s cheerleaders are currently finding out we are not an easy target anymore.

Yip. 

D Weir is the ultimate professional, his rangers leanings won't be an issue. 

He's not k boyd or someone like that. 

All about who we think can do a good job. Weir would be quite a coup. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

He says would you ****. 

You'd swing n miss and he'd make you eat his dirty socks again.