Sporting Director

steve123

37 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You know Weir was an absolute class

act for us as a player. Pure class.

At Rangers he seemed to do exactly what is expected of every Scottish player that joins them - prove that’s he’s an arrogant,

irritant arsehole and act with no class whatsoever, especially when playing against his former team. He behaved like a prick against us on numerous occasions that I can recall. Arguably far worse over a period of time than one chest pump

from Elvis.

So here we are now - a former hero pf ours; a class player. A wealth of experience on both sides of the border. A winner. Experience of playing, coaching and assisting a manager. Intelligent, educated - as we always say, although annoying, if Hearts are the summit of his ambitions then he isn’t good enough.

I’ll be pleased and interested by this.

The CEO point also very interesting but if you think about it not surprising.

Succession planning does need to start.

Given the reaction to Weir as SD it will be interesting to watch when it’s Dempster as CEO. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just on the CEO role Levein mentioned on that podcast. Any bets its Dempster? Rocky relationship with Ron and gets on well with Ann (apparently). 

Nap

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ann to chairperson 

After the last year or two that Ann Budge has had, who could blame her for taking a back seat and employing good professional people to run the football.

She must be mentally knackered dealing with the numpties she has to engage with.

hmfc_liam06
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

The so what is what worries me. He'll have by then intimate knowledge of the club, player contracts, wages, who the good kids are, coaches. 

Its too much of a risk. He could very well end up gutting the club when he leaves and then coming back to pick the carcass clean. Blows continuity right out of the water. 

I think its totally the wrong decision.

:conspiracy:

gashauskis9

Ann to chairperson 

This.  Ann has shown superb leadership through the lockdown debacle, but when we return to on field priorities, I want someone who understands the day to day running of a football club in the CEO role.  Controversially, I think Dempster will be high on the list.  

Given the reaction to Weir as SD it will be interesting to watch when it’s Dempster as CEO. 

You keep pushing this, you willing to back this up with any sort of info ?

john thomas
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why? Don't you know anything about Rangers? Seems exactly like the sort of thing they enjoy. 

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why? Don't you know anything about Rangers? Seems exactly like the sort of thing they enjoy. 

I , unfortunately , know a lot about Rangers . Pardon my innocence when I'm still shocked by their behaviour

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

The so what is what worries me. He'll have by then intimate knowledge of the club, player contracts, wages, who the good kids are, coaches. 

Its too much of a risk. He could very well end up gutting the club when he leaves and then coming back to pick the carcass clean. Blows continuity right out of the water. 

I think its totally the wrong decision.

Clubs already know all that stuff mate. 

Any player we have that Rangers want would be good enough to attract offers from elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

How hard did that Kenny McIntyre try to get Levein and Pressley to bad mouth the Dundee Utd owners 🤦‍♂️

Embarrassing as ****.

He did, but both came across very well and was a good listen. Presley near the end talking about the legal case put him right in his place and spoke highly of everything Hearts

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You keep pushing this, you willing to back this up with any sort of info ?

Nothing concrete, just a logical follow-on from what’s been going on. They have worked together on projects, they seem to get on well, she is regarded as one of the top administrators in the game up here, has been successful as a football ceo for a decade.  Not a lot of other similarly qualified candidates. Has had a major fallout with her current boss so is keen to move on. If we don’t get her it’s not out of the question that she will be Doncaster’s replacement. 

Edited by soonbe110

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I think its a really bad idea having a Sporting director with rangers leanings. Very very risky IMO.

Do you think he'll turn up wearing a Rangers tea cosy on his head, whistling The Sash and carrying a giant placard with "We are the People" on it or something? Davie Weir was an Evansville Purple Aces, Falkirk, Hearts and Everton legend long before he did anything at Rangers.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Nothing concrete, just a logical follow-on from what’s been going on. They have worked together on projects, they seem to get in well, she is regarded as one of the top administrators in the game up here, has been successful as a football ceo for a decade.  Not a lot of other similarly qualified candidates. Has had a major fallout with her current boss so is keen to move on. If we don’t get her it’s not out of the question that she will be Doncaster’s replacement. 

Ok if it isn’t any sort of itk then I’m of the opinion that I’d be astounded if this was to happen at the moment. Not saying I wouldn’t take her as a ceo just don’t see it happening. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Gary lockes brother has tweeted saying Weir is a done deal. I would expect him to know what he's talking about 

Gary Locke and David Weir are big pals.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Ok if it isn’t any sort of itk then I’m of the opinion that I’d be astounded if this was to happen at the moment. Not saying I wouldn’t take her as a ceo just don’t see it happening. 

Fair enough. Let’s wait and see, won’t be long. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nothing concrete, just a logical follow-on from what’s been going on. They have worked together on projects, they seem to get on well, she is regarded as one of the top administrators in the game up here, has been successful as a football ceo for a decade.  Not a lot of other similarly qualified candidates. Has had a major fallout with her current boss so is keen to move on. If we don’t get her it’s not out of the question that she will be Doncaster’s replacement. 

Qualified in what way? Her track record is not especially good. Stubbs and Heckingbottom were two poor appointments. Ross is TBD. She fell out with Lennon. Hibs have done nothing spectacular in the transfer market under her. They lost McGinn for much less money than they should have got. Hibs appeared under her to be following our lead - appointed a Sporting Director/DoF type, fan scheme to raise money, she handed Lennon and Heckingbottom very large transfer budgets that they both mostly blew.... I can't think of any big, groundbreaking things she's done or said and during the worst crisis to hit Scottish football she's been completely anonymous.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:conspiracy:

Its nothing like that :P 

Managers when they leave take their coaching team and typically try and come back for players, Levein for example when he went to Leicester, Maybury, De Vries, Its perfectly reasonable to assume the same would happen in the event he went west. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Clubs already know all that stuff mate. 

Any player we have that Rangers want would be good enough to attract offers from elsewhere. 

I don't doubt stuff comes out about wages etc. But it seems we'd be losing someone who would have a complete ground up understanding of our club as a business. Going outside of Scotland is something I'm fine with, but there's a high likelihood of him going west and I'd rather attempt to keep that stuff as confidential as possible. A direct rival hiring someone with an intimate knowledge of our club is high risk IMO. It doesn't take a crystal ball to say with reasonable assurance he'll be at Rangers again in the next 5 years and we're the stepping stone. Its a risky decision IMO and could have consequences. 

As I said, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable and its not a risk I think we should take. 

By all accounts its a done deal anyway and I'm just bumping my gums but I'm fairly confident the day will come where he goes west and guts our football department. Its not worth it as far as I'm concerned. 

SectionDJambo

In my opinion, too much is being said, and given concern to, David Weir having been at Rangers. If the guy has the qualifications for the job, why should we worry about who else he has had connections with?

All this talk about him maybe helping Rangers in ways that would be detrimental to Hearts is pure paranoia. I can’t think of any DOF, manager or coach, anywhere in the U.K., who has ever been accused of such actions by his club, after he has left that club. Does anyone have a relevant, solid, example of this happening?

If he, in the fullness of time, we’re to leave Hearts to go to Rangers, it would be because he did a great job with us.

We should stop thinking that we are an easy target for manipulation. The SPFL board, and it’s cheerleaders are currently finding out we are not an easy target anymore.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Qualified in what way? Her track record is not especially good. Stubbs and Heckingbottom were two poor appointments. Ross is TBD. She fell out with Lennon. Hibs appeared under her to be following our lead - appointed a Sporting Director/DoF type, fan scheme to raise money, she handed Lennon and Heckingbottom very large transfer budgets that they both mostly blew.... I can't think of any big, groundbreaking things she's done or said and during the worst crisis to hit Scottish football she's been completely anonymous.

Its very, very niche to be qualified as a football director/ceo so the pool of appropriate applicants must be tiny?

As you say though, what has she spearheaded at Hibs that makes her an appropriate appointment? 

(I reckon she's a shoe in for the job btw, I just don't know why beyond her and Budges seemingly positive relationship). 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Its very, very niche to be qualified as a football director/ceo so the pool of appropriate applicants must be tiny?

As you say though, what has she spearheaded at Hibs that makes her an appropriate appointment? 

(I reckon she's a shoe in for the job btw, I just don't know why beyond her and Budges seemingly positive relationship). 

I find it hard to get worked up about or even interested in who our suits are tbh. I have no idea what the required skillset is, but my overall feeling about Dempster is she's not an especially good communicator or ideas person which seems to me should be two of the top requirements.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Qualified in what way? Her track record is not especially good. Stubbs and Heckingbottom were two poor appointments. Ross is TBD. She fell out with Lennon. Hibs have done nothing spectacular in the transfer market under her. They lost McGinn for much less money than they should have got. Hibs appeared under her to be following our lead - appointed a Sporting Director/DoF type, fan scheme to raise money, she handed Lennon and Heckingbottom very large transfer budgets that they both mostly blew.... I can't think of any big, groundbreaking things she's done or said and during the worst crisis to hit Scottish football she's been completely anonymous.

I think you and I would both fall out with Lennon, and very quickly as well. Interesting that she survived at Hibs and Lennon didn’t which suggests quite a bit of backbone. Stubbs won them a cup. McGinn transfer fee will keep them alive this summer. She negotiated that. 
Anonymous in  recent months because she completely disagrees with what her boss is doing. She withdrew from the recon task force at his insistence because he didn’t want it to be successful. Pretty confident her next job is us, Rangers, SFA or SPFL. Very highly regarded in football circles. Just ask any Well fans you know. They were gutted when she left. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I find it hard to get worked up about or even interested in who our suits are tbh. I have no idea what the required skillset is, but my overall feeling about Dempster is she's not an especially good communicator or ideas person which seems to me should be two of the top requirements.

Yeah, feel similarly. I would think you want an innovator as your CEO though. Someone who can push for success. An Administrator type seems like Doncaster who just oversees operations and doesn't really push for success. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I think you and I would both fall out with Lennon, and very quickly as well. Interesting that she survived at Hibs and Lennon didn’t which suggests quite a bit of backbone. Stubbs won them a cup. McGinn transfer fee will keep them alive this summer. She negotiated that. 
Anonymous in  recent months because she completely disagrees with what her boss is doing. She withdrew from the recon task force at his insistence because he didn’t want it to be successful. Pretty confident her next job is us, Rangers, SFA or SPFL. Very highly regarded in football circles. Just ask any Well fans you know. They were gutted when she left. 

I'm just interested in what her achievements are. Hibs took 3 years to get promoted with her at the helm. They finished last season in 7th. Their youth system has ground to a halt since she's been there. The fan scheme she launched has mostly been a failure. John McGinn was an absolute steal by Villa.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Interesting post. All valid points -  You ITK in anyway with the situation over there or just putting things together?

I'm interested in where the major points of disagreement are with her & Ron

kingantti1874
Just now, lou said:

Nelson, Weir and Dempster, 3 professional, articulate and passionate individuals, I would be delighted to have them at the helm

Eh - dempster no! 

Rick Sanchez

I wouldn't mind Dempster, very good at her job apparently. Not happening though.

Imagine...poaching Robbie from Utd, Utd get sent back down, Hearts reinstated, Levein to Utd, Dempster to Hearts

The seethe would be a sight to behold...Hibs fans, Utd fans and the rest of them. Beautiful.

2 hours ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

I think its a really bad idea having a Sporting director with rangers leanings. Very very risky IMO.

If that is your mindset then best you go back to not posting much!!!!

Playground mentality...next....

For those people saying that Dempster has done a good job at Hibs, could you please tell me the good things that she's done?

Last I heard was that Hibs are in dire straits financially.  Oh wait, that IS a good job; ignore my question.

Thank you Leanne.

30 minutes ago, lou said:

Nelson, Weir and Dempster, 3 professional, articulate and passionate individuals, I would be delighted to have them at the helm

I need to re word my reply as I got a warning for calling her a name.

ill try again.

please!! Anyone but that tramp 

Looking at Davie Weir's career, one thing about it he has stuck at things.

4 years at college in America, 4 years at Falkirk, 3 years at Hearts, 8 years at Everton. 

If he gets the job he will stick at it. As long as he's doing a good job. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Wonder if he’ll share a photo of his leaving present from Rangers?? That’ll upset a few on here I’d imagine..... 

What was it 🤔?

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm just interested in what her achievements are. Hibs took 3 years to get promoted with her at the helm. They finished last season in 7th. Their youth system has ground to a halt since she's been there. The fan scheme she launched has mostly been a failure. John McGinn was an absolute steal by Villa.

Don’t forget two years without a sponsor and stealing a fans idea without giving him credit to hide that failing with the NHS logo.

CloustonHMFC

So it looks like we could be heading for a set up looking like this:

Manager: Robbie Neilson

Sporting Director: David Weir

CEO: Leanne Dempster

Chairperson: Ann Budge

If this works out in that manner then we’re going to be in a very strong place to bounce back after the failures of the last few years. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t forget two years without a sponsor and stealing a fans idea without giving him credit to hide that failing with the NHS logo.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome | Know Your Meme

Famous 1874

David Weir - absolutely 

Dempster - absolutely not, she’s involved in all football operations at Hibs and they are an absolute shambles off the pitch, and very average on it. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers top with his name and number on it and along the bottom “No surrender”. Name, number and slogan all printed with “official” lettering etc so not just written on. Presented to

him along with a photo of the queen and signed by all the players. 

@Pasquale for King

Harry Potter
57 minutes ago, lou said:

dempster, oh ma sides.

5 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

So it looks like we could be heading for a set up looking like this:

Manager: Robbie Neilson

Sporting Director: David Weir

CEO: Leanne Dempster

Chairperson: Ann Budge

If this works out in that manner then we’re going to be in a very strong place to bounce back after the failures of the last few years. 

i8 would self combust😃

If Dempster leaves Hibs and comes to Hearts, I'm assuming that compensation would need to be paid.

How much do you think we should ask for?  :wink:

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

If Dempster leaves Hibs and comes to Hearts, I'm assuming that compensation would need to be paid.

How much do you think we should ask for?  :wink:

£8m, at least.

I'm sure Dempster knows her onions but she's Hibs.

I don't want anyone at Hearts with an attachment or sympathies towards that shower of cretins. 

Anyone employed by Hearts, especially a prospective CEO, should have nothing but pure hatred and contempt for them. 

**** Hibs and all that sail with them, including Dumpster. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Dempster knows her onions but she's Hibs.

I don't want anyone at Hearts with an attachment or sympathies towards that shower of cretins. 

Anyone employed by Hearts, especially a prospective CEO, should have nothing but pure hatred and contempt for them. 

**** Hibs and all that sail with them, including Dumpster. 

There may not be a Hibs by the time she comes here