Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

Stendel stopped taking a wage to help the club during the pandemic and was open to a new deal for the Championship even if it was less money.

He was treated appallingly by Budge and going by the documentary it was clear she never wanted him in the first place. Bet she was eyeing Robbie all along and just couldn't wait to pull the trigger. Well look how that turned out...

I'd take him back, but of course there are others who may do a better job. Depends what the club can afford, and the ambition of the candidates.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

best in the land
15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Stendel was pish. Move on ffs.

Neilson is pish and we should have moved on from him after the first spell

Malinga the Swinga

FFS, change the record. Stendel was a complete disaster who led us to demotion. 

He chose to play a goalkeeper who had chocolate wrists and couldn't save any shot on target. 

Were it not for him being utter shit at management, he would still be here in a job. 

He should never manage Hearts again. 

4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

What happened?

Got Neilson in,  before telling Stendel that he was out a job, very unprofessional, imo

but that's the club under Budge, she won't Budge, that's the prob.

Smoked-Glass
56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

FFS, change the record. Stendel was a complete disaster who led us to demotion. 

He chose to play a goalkeeper who had chocolate wrists and couldn't save any shot on target. 

Were it not for him being utter shit at management, he would still be here in a job. 

He should never manage Hearts again. 

😂 

Did anyone even listen to what was said in the podcast 😂 or did we just take Craig fowler, the guy that run a story with dave irons about us not clapping celtic off when they won the final, only to be called out on it. 

Jesus 😂

If you want me to bump these threads I will, as for pereira 🤔 the same people on here slagging him, are the same people bigging him up when he joined infact they backed him to the death when Levein was manager. 

If you want proof I'll happily show it. 

atleast 10-11 posters on here saying he's crap etc during the time Levein signed him aww he's class 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

46 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did anyone even listen to what was said in the podcast 😂 or did we just take Craig fowler, the guy that run a story with dave irons about us not clapping celtic off when they won the final, only to be called out on it. 

Jesus 😂

If you want me to bump these threads I will, as for pereira 🤔 the same people on here slagging him, are the same people bigging him up when he joined infact they backed him to the death when Levein was manager. 

If you want proof I'll happily show it. 

atleast 10-11 posters on here saying he's crap etc during the time Levein signed him aww he's class 😂

There is a huge difference between thinking he was a good keeper when we signed him and thinking he was good enough after actually watching him play a few games. He was your hero's biggest mistake. Drop that farce of a goalie and we wouldn't have been bottom when the league was called 

Just now, XB52 said:

There is a huge difference between thinking he was a good keeper when we signed him and thinking he was good enough after actually watching him play a few games. He was your hero's biggest mistake. Drop that farce of a goalie and we wouldn't have been bottom when the league was called 

I think personally he was a scapegoat having Gordon in goals this season, we have 8 clean sheets out of 22games Inverness has 7 clean sheets. 

Which suggests to me It ain't all the goalkeepers fault and that our defence has to take the some blame. 

I don't think Joel is a bad goalkeeper i think and truly believe the club is rotten to the core. 

kingantti1874

****ing unbelievable we are still going on about Stendel

hes about as relevant as Joe Jordan. It’s over - he’s no coming back. Move the **** on

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

****ing unbelievable we are still going on about Stendel

hes about as relevant as Joe Jordan. It’s over - he’s no coming back. Move the **** on

You seen your comments on the pereira thread when he joined offftt 😂

Have a good day mate. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You seen your comments on the pereira thread when he joined offftt 😂

Have a good day mate. 

Where have I denied that?  😂 I’m generally a positive guy and happy to admit I assumed he would have quality coming from Man U

But I saw enough at Motherwell to cause great concern, but I stayed silent and didn’t say too much, maybe even defended him - it was his debut after all.

After 2/3 more games though - oofffttt !  😂 a ****ing blind man could  have spotted he was pish.

I find it very odd behaviour scouring old threads in defence of a manager who is long gone and not coming back .. how long are you going to keep it going? Another year? Two years? Ten? 

Edited by kingantti1874

Saint Jambo
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think Joel is a bad goalkeeper

You're 12 hours early.

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think Joel is a bad goalkeeper 

You should have stopped after the first 3 words of that sentence.

JP is a truly horrible GK.....if you don’t think that then you clearly weren’t watching last season.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think personally he was a scapegoat having Gordon in goals this season, we have 8 clean sheets out of 22games Inverness has 7 clean sheets. 

Which suggests to me It ain't all the goalkeepers fault and that our defence has to take the some blame. 

I don't think Joel is a bad goalkeeper i think and truly believe the club is rotten to the core. 

you don’t believe Joel is a bad goalkeeper 😂 that is a quite unbelievable statement. 

There was a stat on one of the podcasts last week, he conceded one goal for every two shots at goal. I have never in my life heard of something more ridiculous.  

Maybe of course that was part due to our back line playing about the half way line 😆 this the opposition having about 3 weeks to pick a spot.

to add to this - anyone see his solitary appearance for Huddersfield against Stoke 😂😆 where all 4 went straight through him.  Their fans have the same opinion as us, at least they seem enough to limit the damage to one game 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, sac said:

If you had to choose between 

Neilson

Cathro

Levein

Daly

MacPhee

Stendal

Neilson

that’s like the football equivalent of miss West Lothian.  

it may be ugly but at least Stendel would be an exciting ride.

8 minutes ago, sac said:

If you had to choose between 

Neilson

Cathro

Levein

Daly

MacPhee

Stendal

Neilson

Such a poor choice, and all appointed by Budge.

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where have I denied that?  😂 I’m generally a positive guy and happy to admit I assumed he would have quality coming from Man U

But I saw enough at Motherwell to cause great concern, but I stayed silent and didn’t say too much, maybe even defended him - it was his debut after all.

After 2/3 more games though - oofffttt !  😂 a ****ing blind man could  have spotted he was pish.

I find it very odd behaviour scouring old threads in defence of a manager who is long gone and not coming back .. how long are you going to keep it going? Another year? Two years? Ten? 

Just find it strange how you backed him under Levein 🤔

28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry mate, Perriera is the worst goalkeeper i have seen in my life. And i include other teams in that statement, i get your point that our defense was also shite though.

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

JP is a truly horrible GK.....if you don’t think that then you clearly weren’t watching last season.

Nah i see it for what it is a combination of the club being shafted, with people that shouldn't be in position to run our great football club. 

This has been five years of neglect which is why we can't get out of the rut 🤔

Which then unfolds onto the pitch, everything I've said has come true just check my posting history 👍

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you don’t believe Joel is a bad goalkeeper 😂 that is a quite unbelievable statement. 

There was a stat on one of the podcasts last week, he conceded one goal for every two shots at goal. I have never in my life heard of something more ridiculous.  

Maybe of course that was part due to our back line playing about the half way line 😆 this the opposition having about 3 weeks to pick a spot.

to add to this - anyone see his solitary appearance for Huddersfield against Stoke 😂😆 where all 4 went straight through him.  Their fans have the same opinion as us, at least they seem enough to limit the damage to one game 

No I don't believe he is a bad goalkeeper and I'll stand by that, we ruin players that's fact. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just find it strange how you backed him under Levein 🤔

i back everyone till they prove me wrong. Go back to the Stendel thread, I was massively excited by him as well.  They haven’t been many over the years i haven’t backed at the outset.

14 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Such a poor choice, and all appointed by Budge.

So what does that tell you about who should be in charge of recruitment 

36 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

II don't think Joel is a bad goalkeeper i think and truly believe the club is rotten to the core. 

Are you Carlos Corberan by any chance?

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Sorry mate, Perriera is the worst goalkeeper i have seen in my life. And i include other teams in that statement, i get your point that our defense was also shite though.

I disagree, I think we ruin players Pereria got injured very early on in his time with us. 

I personally see the bigger picture just my opinion though👍

Just now, JamboAl said:

Are you Carlos Corberan by any chance?

No but he would be a good manager to have certainly plays football the right way 👍

Although a season ticket holder I miss a lot of games due to other commitments. The last game I attended was the aberdeen game in dec 2019. I only managed the second half. In that half hearts were superb ,continually pushing forward the atmosphere was brilliant, supporters right behind the team.Unfortunately Clare was sent off and we had to settle for a 1-1 draw. No doubt if neilsen or levein had been in charged we'd have scraped a no score draw in front of a support bored to tears.

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Although a season ticket holder I miss a lot of games due to other commitments. The last game I attended was the aberdeen game in dec 2019. I only managed the second half. In that half hearts were superb ,continually pushing forward the atmosphere was brilliant, supporters right behind the team.Unfortunately Clare was sent off and we had to settle for a 1-1 draw. No doubt if neilsen or levein had been in charged we'd have scraped a no score draw in front of a support bored to tears.

Tried to get the club playing in the right manner and one the supporters can buy into. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i back everyone till they prove me wrong. Go back to the Stendel thread, I was massively excited by him as well.  They haven’t been many over the years i haven’t backed at the outset.

This is my approach. I was incredibly excited about Stendel and Cathro when they were appointed, and completely underwhelmed by Levein and Neilson when they were. And I still back Neilson although I'm keeping that quiet now as it's too polarised now! Anyone who sits down and think rationally knows he's probably got as good a chance of anyone else coming in of rebuilding the team this summer and getting us putting in a challenge for a European spot. I'd be excited if Alex Neil for example came in, but I'd still have no clue if he'd do any better than Neilson until 10, 15, 20.. games in.

My faith in Neilson (in terms of team building and the league) is based on the fact he did it last time. I appreciate I seem to be in the minority on that though! However, if he gets the vote of confidence for next season, he needs to go back to when he was happy to play youngsters and get his finger out and take cup competitions more seriously in terms of getting the players up for them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I disagree, I think we ruin players Pereria got injured very early on in his time with us. 

I personally see the bigger picture just my opinion though👍

Fair enough mate, i personally think zibby malkowski would have been an upgrade on poppadom hands but each to their own.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No I don't believe he is a bad goalkeeper and I'll stand by that, we ruin players that's fact. 

Huddersfield fans might disagree.

33 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Had anyone else been in goal and I include Zlamal I don’t believe we’d have been in a position to be demoted.

A truly abysmal excuse for a goalkeeper who cost us games. Ok with his feet, hands made of tissue paper.

Failure to bin him sooner was negligence and I really liked Stendel

I think he’ll always be a what if manager

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s like the football equivalent of miss West Lothian.  

it may be ugly but at least Stendel would be an exciting ride.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mrs just asked me what's so funny 🤫😁

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Had anyone else been in goal and I include Zlamal I don’t believe we’d have been in a position to be demoted.

A truly abysmal excuse for a goalkeeper who cost us games. Ok with his feet, hands made of tissue paper.

Ryan Stevenson in goal would have given us a better chance of staying up.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Huddersfield fans might disagree.

Huddersfield have been on our downward spiral for a while now,no different to us tbh they have lost a lot of good players. 

Are we talking about Bobby Zlamal the same bobby that is at fault for us losing our cup final against celtic? Or Colin Doyle the same Colin Doyle that is in a relegation battle with Kilmarnock, and bar Kyle lafferty giving them any sort of hope and belief would be definitely going down. 

Cmon guys eh 🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fair enough mate, i personally think zibby malkowski would have been an upgrade on poppadom hands but each to their own.

rentaghost would be a 1000% improvement over JP.  How anybody who watched him last season can rate him  ? - well there are no words.  I’ve seen some horror keepers nobody comes close to how utterly horrendous he was.  I’d go as far as to say we would probably of been as well having any outfield player in goals. He was howling. As pointed out above it took Huddersfield ONE game to realise he was dugshite.  Stendells insistence in persevering with the hologram cost him his job and us our league status.  

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are we talking about Bobby Zlamal the same bobby that is at fault for us losing our cup final against celtic? Or Colin Doyle the same Colin Doyle that is in a relegation battle with Kilmarnock, and bar Kyle lafferty giving them any sort of hope and belief would be definitely going down. 

Cmon guys eh 🤔

think that celtic dick diving and Collum cheating had a large part to do with that

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cmon guys eh 🤔

Yes we are. What does that tell you about Perreira?

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

think that celtic dick diving and Collum cheating had a large part to do with that

There was no need for Zlamal to come out his goal whatsoever. He was on his weak side, his left foot push him wide make him force a shot with his weaker foot. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes we are. What does that tell you about Perreira?

That the guy came back from an injury and did have bad games, but to say our defence wasn't to blame is doing Joel an injustice which still hasn't been sorted till this day, or maybe it has in your eyes maybe losing 3-2 at home to Queen of the South is acceptable in your eyes 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Huddersfield have been on our downward spiral for a while now,no different to us tbh they have lost a lot of good players. 

This is true but you can’t defend Pereira. He was shocking 

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yep.

He couldn’t see what everyone else could see....JP was a horror show when it came shot stopping.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah i see it for what it is a combination of the club being shafted, with people that shouldn't be in position to run our great football club. 

This has been five years of neglect which is why we can't get out of the rut 🤔

Which then unfolds onto the pitch, everything I've said has come true just check my posting history 👍

Still......you think JP isn’t a bad GK 😂

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That the guy came back from an injury and did have bad games, but to say our defence wasn't to blame is doing Joel an injustice which still hasn't been sorted till this day, or maybe it has in your eyes maybe losing 3-2 at home to Queen of the South is acceptable in your eyes 👍

The team weren't good enough, this is true, but Joel was an exceptionally weak link in the chain who cost us God knows how many points through being a shit keeper

The Apprentice
40 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who gives a ****. Joel Perreira is a rotten goalkeeper. You can say (rightly) what you like about the state of the team last season but it doesn’t take away that fact. He literally dived out the way of a shot straight at him against Killie. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Still......you think JP isn’t a bad GK 😂

No confidence is a big thing in football. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No confidence is a big thing in football. 

And if you combine it with no ability you get Pereira. 

• davemclaren locked this topic