Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s all been coveted many times but the club as a whole mirrors what we get on the pitch. A mentality from top to bottom where failure is acceptable. 
Let’s at look her, Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️. Where to start, disastrous recruitment that cost millions, academy that produces little and what it does isn’t brought through properly, Coaching system that didn’t work, awful management that’s traumatised fans. Medical department that had Stendel spend hours one afternoon screaming his head off at the staff for the shambles they created. Not sacked, just not offered a new contract. Main reason we’re in the championship. 
New stand, way over budget, built by family, started without a proper plan and still not finished. Not aesthetically pleasing inside or out. Embarrassed by not ordering seats, guy keeps his job. Basically paid for by FoH and benefactors. PR disasters like STs. All last years nonsense with reconstruction and being played by the SPFL. High wage low bonus pay structure. Play friendlies and loan players to clubs that ****ed us. A chance to unite the fans with Only Hearts mantra thrown our the window. 
Basically there’s no consequences for failure, shrug shoulders and move on. Construct a board that won’t vote you out and keep control even after your not the owner anymore.  
She’s done numerous good things but in my opinion we won’t progress with her at the helm. 

Fair enough and a lot of negative stuff has happened over the last few seasons. I’m still optimistic that IF she has the right directors, managers etc in place we can progress to where we want to be. Bit of a lose, lose scenario for Neilson this season. Was left with a shambles of CL’s making and a rebuild (another one). Next season feels very make or break. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Fair enough and a lot of negative stuff has happened over the last few seasons. I’m still optimistic that IF she has the right directors, managers etc in place we can progress to where we want to be. Bit of a lose, lose scenario for Neilson this season. Was left with a shambles of CL’s making and a rebuild (another one). Next season feels very make or break. 

Yeah Neilson deserves a bit of sympathy for the problems he inherited and is still trying to sort, might take him another two windows or longer do so. He has got us winning again which is a positive. 
I’m yet to be convinced the new FoH reps or Andrew McKinley will achieve much, Savage has brought in some good players so far which is promising. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Stendel is gone. He is not coming back.

The End.

We said that about Robbo, Rudi, Levein and Neilson. Never say never 😜

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s all been coveted many times but the club as a whole mirrors what we get on the pitch. A mentality from top to bottom where failure is acceptable. 
Let’s at look her, Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️. Where to start, disastrous recruitment that cost millions, academy that produces little and what it does isn’t brought through properly, Coaching system that didn’t work, awful management that’s traumatised fans. Medical department that had Stendel spend hours one afternoon screaming his head off at the staff for the shambles they created. Not sacked, just not offered a new contract. Main reason we’re in the championship. 
New stand, way over budget, built by family, started without a proper plan and still not finished. Not aesthetically pleasing inside or out. Embarrassed by not ordering seats, guy keeps his job. Basically paid for by FoH and benefactors. PR disasters like STs. All last years nonsense with reconstruction and being played by the SPFL. High wage low bonus pay structure. Play friendlies and loan players to clubs that ****ed us. A chance to unite the fans with Only Hearts mantra thrown our the window. 
Basically there’s no consequences for failure, shrug shoulders and move on. Construct a board that won’t vote you out and keep control even after your not the owner anymore.  
She’s done numerous good things but in my opinion we won’t progress with her at the helm. 

Don't disagree with a lot of your individual points, however I don't buy the claim that the whole club mirrors some kind of incompetence from Budge. 

The club has been better run in the last 5 years, at the same time we saw some of the worst football between 2017-2020.  Contrast to the Romanov years where we had some highs, were never relegated, and played ok football most of the time - all while the club was being run horrendously.

How does the first 2.5 seasons under Budge even work with your theory?? We smashed hibs and rangers to the championship, then 3rd in the prem. Was this because Budge is so incompetent?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Don't disagree with a lot of your individual points, however I don't buy the claim that the whole club mirrors some kind of incompetence from Budge. 

The club has been better run in the last 5 years, at the same time we saw some of the worst football between 2017-2020.  Contrast to the Romanov years where we had some highs, were never relegated, and played ok football most of the time - all while the club was being run horrendously.

How does the first 2.5 seasons under Budge even work with your theory?? We smashed hibs and rangers to the championship, then 3rd in the prem. Was this because Budge is so incompetent?

Could you expand on well run? If it wasn’t for fans donations we would be in millions of debt? 
It’s a good point about the first two years, although we did sign too many players. I suppose we didn’t fail and it wasn’t until she had to make a football decision by putting Levein in charge it started from there. 

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our form in games against big teams last season would indicate we have a problem with this, it hasn’t gone away as Naismith has admitted it’s happened this season too. 
The reasons for this come from the very top and I can’t see any quick fix for it. 

The reason is players like Naismith not showing up every week no matter what.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like the long term problem we had with that charlatan that signed him?

Problems problems. Too many to mention for 4 years plus 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The reason is players like Naismith not showing up every week no matter what.

It’s not just him though, we have a team that can compete with Celtic and be 3 nil down at home to a Raith side that has barely trained because they’d been in quarantine. 
I do like the way RN tells guys that they’re not going to play so they can go if they want.  If he did it with Halkett/Popescu/Halliday/Roberts/Moore/Henderson/Brandon/ Cochrane/Naismith/Hamilton/Damour and they all left alongside Frear/Berra/Kastaneer/Doyle/Zlamal/White would anyone really complain. It would give him a proper clean slate. Which is what Stendel would’ve needed to succeed properly. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Problems problems. Too many to mention for 4 years plus 

Indeed. 

All three of the problematic goalkeepers from last season were signed by Craig Levein.

29 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Correct we were run horrendously, but OK football?  Burley's team was the best Hearts side in decades.  Smashing every team in the first 20 mins of every game.  Great chance of winning the league until Romanov's brain fart.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

All three of the problematic goalkeepers from last season were signed by Craig Levein.

He also signed Tepi Moilanen, whilst gifted Niemi and Gordon. 

However the statement from Stendel we thought we had good goalkeepers was a jaw dropper for me. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He also signed Tepi Moilanen, whilst gifted Niemi and Gordon. 

However the statement from Stendel we thought we had good goalkeepers was a jaw dropper for me. 

I take from that he changed his mind. Too late though. 

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Made up shit by Levein apologists who are now raging that Stendel played him and that it didn’t exist 😱🤔😂

There was loan fee payments that Manchester United waived in respect of Periera and a few other players adding up to £130k around May when covid problems kicked in.  I don't know the details of the arrangements between the clubs however.  Man Utd being too embarrassed to ask for the money is how I like to think of it.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

There was loan fee payments that Manchester United waived in respect of Periera and a few other players adding up to £130k around May when covid problems kicked in.  I don't know the details of the arrangements between the clubs however.  Man Utd being too embarrassed to ask for the money is how I like to think of it.

I think they usually waive the loan fees if someone plays enough, I think that’s where folk got the misconception that he had to play. It’s not a specific stipulation as such. Imagine even paying a loan fee for that mug. 

Mr Brightside
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you expand on well run? If it wasn’t for fans donations we would be in millions of debt? 
It’s a good point about the first two years, although we did sign too many players. I suppose we didn’t fail and it wasn’t until she had to make a football decision by putting Levein in charge it started from there. 

Thats not true though. We spent the money that was available. If it wasnt avaiable we would have spent less not be millions in debt.

Bad Religion
20 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Thats not true though. We spent the money that was available. If it wasnt avaiable we would have spent less not be millions in debt.

Which makes our current plight even more galling. 

10 hours ago, Yoda said:

Correct we were run horrendously, but OK football?  Burley's team was the best Hearts side in decades.  Smashing every team in the first 20 mins of every game.  Great chance of winning the league until Romanov's brain fart.

I know but it was about 10 games under Burley! Some good years,  and some great players, under vlad but we also finished 8th one year iirc. I meant usually ok/decent football over the whole era.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm no finance expert but surely it's a big improvement.  We seem to be well run at the moment, including getting a lot of donations and investement.

At this stage don't think I've processed the Levein mess properly yet... Too much of a disaster to want to think about, a failure at so many levels

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, there’s a real need to start to get things right. The seasons since 2014 haven’t really saw us kick on in the way fans want. 

I’m more than happy to commit to the idea of a project, but I want to see and know the milestones which determine success. E.g. around youth development. Such as aiming to have a certain percentage of our average starting 11 over a season be youth academy graduates. It’s measurable quite easily in an annual review. 

Im really not keen to see us funnel money into the pockets of so called senior players who aren’t good enough to play for a club like Hearts and we’ve done all too much of that in recent years. I’d like greater focus on our youth set up and a genuine commitment from Neilson to do that. I don’t think clubs with good reputations for youth development managed to achieve that without a conscious commitment to ensuring their youngsters were in their first team squad. 

The tools are there to succeed. We’ve got a brand new stand that can generate income 7 days a week alongside increased capacity which should mean we can pay more for a higher standard of player, we’ve got great facilities and the youngsters we do have have looked decent in short bursts. A bit of vision and leadership from our football department to deliver success in integrating the academy into the first team is so important right now. 

Perth to Paisley
On 15/03/2021 at 16:54, Section Q said:

Pompey v Bristol Rovers should be interesting then.........!

Dies that still have to come to court?  Think it was scheduled for last summer but ....

37 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, there’s a real need to start to get things right. The seasons since 2014 haven’t really saw us kick on in the way fans want. 

I’m more than happy to commit to the idea of a project, but I want to see and know the milestones which determine success. E.g. around youth development. Such as aiming to have a certain percentage of our average starting 11 over a season be youth academy graduates. It’s measurable quite easily in an annual review. 

Im really not keen to see us funnel money into the pockets of so called senior players who aren’t good enough to play for a club like Hearts and we’ve done all too much of that in recent years. I’d like greater focus on our youth set up and a genuine commitment from Neilson to do that. I don’t think clubs with good reputations for youth development managed to achieve that without a conscious commitment to ensuring their youngsters were in their first team squad. 

The tools are there to succeed. We’ve got a brand new stand that can generate income 7 days a week alongside increased capacity which should mean we can pay more for a higher standard of player, we’ve got great facilities and the youngsters we do have have looked decent in short bursts. A bit of vision and leadership from our football department to deliver success in integrating the academy into the first team is so important right now. 

Absolutely, it has to start from now. It's impossible to judge where we are at this season but let's hope changes in directors and managers/coaches mean it has already begun. 

Not sure if I'd be for quotas of youth players getting into first team. Who would be tasked with that responsibility or target?

I agree regarding paying big sums to senior players. We should try and sign younger guys rather than folk who have already reached and passed their peak or journeyman.

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

I'm no finance expert but surely it's a big improvement.  We seem to be well run at the moment, including getting a lot of donations and investement.

At this stage don't think I've processed the Levein mess properly yet... Too much of a disaster to want to think about, a failure at so many levels

Donations doesn’t make me believe we are well run, they can stop at any time. 
Not sure what investments we have, sponsorship deals with fizzy drinks companies are not that great. Now if we sold the naming rights to the stadium, or even just individual stand or even just the new one. That would be progress. James Anderson and his wife basically came to the club with the idea for Save the Children to be on the jerseys and pay for it. 
Hopefully we will keep progressing on the business side but it’s not easy at this time. 
It will take us a while yet to recover from the damage Levein did, unfortunately Stendel started it but couldn’t finish the job. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

You can’t know that, Budge has pushed the boat out for Levein in many occasions and Neilson this season. The incompetence of people she’s hired has wasted millions but there’s seems to be a general idea that we are well run?

I think the documentary shone a light on that. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Dies that still have to come to court?  Think it was scheduled for last summer but ....

Coming up in June....Stendel v Barton.....!

Mr Brightside
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can’t know that, Budge has pushed the boat out for Levein in many occasions and Neilson this season. The incompetence of people she’s hired has wasted millions but there’s seems to be a general idea that we are well run?

I think the documentary shone a light on that. 

I dont disagree that the money could have been spent better on both the playing side and the development of the main stand.

However, I do strongly believe that Budge would not have racked up millions in debt. As much as I can’t know that for certain, neither can anybody know with certainty that we would have been in a lot of debt without FOH and benefactors.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I dont disagree that the money could have been spent better on both the playing side and the development of the main stand.

However, I do strongly believe that Budge would not have racked up millions in debt. As much as I can’t know that for certain, neither can anybody know with certainty that we would have been in a lot of debt without FOH and benefactors.

Her bad judgement would indicate she would, did she ever say no to Levein or actually check what he was doing? Eventually she realised he was quite disorganised and nobody was held responsible for mistakes. 

Auld Reekin'
8 hours ago, sum31uk said:

Daniel with a walrus on Romanov’s submarine. 

60913578-8D5D-419B-B7C6-8232E59AD0DE.jpeg

Wally's a bit long in the tooth, but if we could get him match-fit he'd certainly add presence to our central defence. Bit of bite about him too.   

Alternatively, Huddersfield could sign him as a more reliable 'keeper than Pereira.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Wally's a bit long in the tooth, but if we could get him match-fit he'd certainly add presence to our central defence. Bit of bite about him too.   

Alternatively, Huddersfield could sign him as a more reliable 'keeper than Pereira.

Coo coo coo Choo!!

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Coo coo coo Choo!!

Magical Mystery Tour | The Beatles

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, sum31uk said:

Daniel with a walrus on Romanov’s submarine. 

60913578-8D5D-419B-B7C6-8232E59AD0DE.jpeg

I need some context here. What's going on in this picture and why?

Mr Brightside
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Her bad judgement would indicate she would, did she ever say no to Levein or actually check what he was doing? Eventually she realised he was quite disorganised and nobody was held responsible for mistakes. 

You are conflating multiple issues to have an unwarranted dig at Budge. There is plenty you can complain about with Budges management, but to her credit she has managed the finances well in terms of revenue brought in and not having a series of losses in the accounts.

I would imagine she said no plenty of times to Levein and other managers as we didn’t run up debts.

Could the money have been spent better, absolutely but the evidence is there in the accounts that financially we are well managed.

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whatever people think of Levein now, he was a hugely experienced figure in Hearts and Scottish football - as a player, manger and DoF. If you're going to rely on someone on the football side, there are worse candidates than someone who had the career he'd had up to that point. There are DoFs up and down the land with way worse CVs than Levein.

His first decision in appointing Neilson turned out to be excellent. Things went downhill after that and Budge can be criticised for not stepping in sooner. Wasn't Levein on the board as well so I'm sure he was questionned about how things were being run? It is very possible, and understandable, however that Budge and board members were quite in awe of someone like him and so maybe there weren't enough checks and balances. Seems she's learned from that since though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

You are conflating multiple issues to have an unwarranted dig at Budge. There is plenty you can complain about with Budges management, but to her credit she has managed the finances well in terms of revenue brought in and not having a series of losses in the accounts.

I would imagine she said no plenty of times to Levein and other managers as we didn’t run up debts.

Could the money have been spent better, absolutely but the evidence is there in the accounts that financially we are well managed.

If you believe that going cap in hand to benefactors to cover your overspending is running a business well. Do you think say how much do you need this year or do they give her a certain amount and she passes it on to the football department? 
You are the one conflating bringing in revenue with running a business well, people who run good businesses don’t allow employees to waste millions of pounds with impunity. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Whatever people think of Levein now, he was a hugely experienced figure in Hearts and Scottish football - as a player, manger and DoF. If you're going to rely on someone on the football side, there are worse candidates than someone who had the career he'd had up to that point. There are DoFs up and down the land with way worse CVs than Levein.

His first decision in appointing Neilson turned out to be excellent. Things went downhill after that and Budge can be criticised for not stepping in sooner. Wasn't Levein on the board as well so I'm sure he was questionned about how things were being run? It is very possible, and understandable, however that Budge and board members were quite in awe of someone like him and so maybe there weren't enough checks and balances. Seems she's learned from that since though.

Experience doesn’t mean a thing if you’re not up to the job. He only had a few months experience of being a DoF anyway. Giving Neilson the job so he could interfere was his best decision, not much else went right. 
Maybe the board fell for his plethora of excuses, as you and Budge did. Even more reason for them to go. 

Mr Brightside
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you believe that going cap in hand to benefactors to cover your overspending is running a business well. Do you think say how much do you need this year or do they give her a certain amount and she passes it on to the football department? 
You are the one conflating bringing in revenue with running a business well, people who run good businesses don’t allow employees to waste millions of pounds with impunity. 

Again you are mixing up not getting value for money and being in debt.

We know the benefactor(s) want to invest in Hearts, perhaps they tell Budge every year how much they will donate and that is factored into the budgets.

Nobody has impunity as Levein was moved on, the person who didn’t order the seats was moved on. Should they have been moved on earlier, quite possibly.

We agree on many points but Budge has never looked like racking up debts at Hearts.

You made the statement that Budge would have us millions in debt and I don’t see any evidence to suggest this is case.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Again you are mixing up not getting value for money and being in debt.

We know the benefactor(s) want to invest in Hearts, perhaps they tell Budge every year how much they will donate and that is factored into the budgets.

Nobody has impunity as Levein was moved on, the person who didn’t order the seats was moved on. Should they have been moved on earlier, quite possibly.

We agree on many points but Budge has never looked like racking up debts at Hearts.

You made the statement that Budge would have us millions in debt and I don’t see any evidence to suggest this is case.

The guy that ordered the seats was a well known regular at my mates pub. It was a while afterwards he left. 
Levein wasn’t moved on his contract wasn’t renewed, that’s slightly different from being held responsible for losing the club millions of pounds. 
Who signed off on that? There’s your evidence. 

4 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Portsmouth have gone for another candidate (Cowley)

A Professional appointment that....

Bodie and Doyle his assistants ?

ford donald
15 hours ago, DH1986 said:

A Professional appointment that....

Bodie and Doyle his assistants ?

😁😁

wattie exploited
On 18/03/2021 at 18:49, XB52 said:

What a pathetic thread. Levein is gone and Stendel is gone. End of story 

so its a pathetic thread but your on it :bigyawn: 

Furst there was Vladimir

Lucky escape for Pompey.

A man sacked by Barnsley and then relegating Heart of Midlothian deserves Jobseeker’s Allowance.

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

Lucky escape for Pompey.

A man sacked by Barnsley and then relegating Heart of Midlothian deserves Jobseeker’s Allowance.

To be fair he has a track record of getting a club out of that division. 😎

On 17/03/2021 at 18:58, ToqueJambo said:

As I say it's subjective. A 1-0 win with a decent goal or move to win it does me. Depending on the opposition if we win it with a sclaffed shot off someone's arse after they've dominated for 89 mins I go away delighted. Football matches for me are about moments and wins. The "eye bleeding" chat is just so Hibs. I don't think I've ever lasted an EPL or CL game the whole way through apart from one or two humdingers. I'm glued to Hearts games though.

🤔

wattie exploited

really wish stendal was starting again with A PROPER KEEEPER LOL that we have and get rid of half these losers !

it will never happen but he is a better bet than RN 100 % :rifle:

biggest embarrassing result in Scottish cup history and we are going to have to hear about it for ****ing years !!!!!

should have kept Stendal and gave him a proper chance :rifle: 

Edited by wattie exploited

Brighton Jambo
12 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

really wish stendal was starting again with A PROPER KEEEPER LOL that we have and get rid of half these losers !

it will never happen but he is a better bet than RN 100 % :rifle:

biggest embarrassing result in Scottish cup history and we are going to have to hear about it for ****ing years !!!!!

should have kept Stendal and gave him a proper chance :rifle: 

Not for me.  Stendal is as much to blame in my eyes as anyone.  He had more then enough games to move us away from the bottom of the table and actually worsened our position.  

Two or three of his signings were up there with the worst I have ever seen for us.

I was at the Kilmarnock home defeat and it was one of the most abject I have seen an absolute disgrace.  We wouldn’t be in this position is Stendal had got it sorted.  

Yes Neilson is not the answer but neither was Stendal.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

• davemclaren locked this topic