• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Pereira couldn't keep the bairns oot the fridge. How anyone could think he is a goalkeeper is beyond me.

iwasthere1954
20 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both were offside 🙈

I'd forgotten that but it makes sense as Clancy was the ref.

OmiyaHearts

I liked Stendel but it was daft to keep playing Perreira for so long. No defending that decision and it cost us dearly.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good luck to him wherever he goes 

Unless it's Aberdeen. Then I hope he crashes and burns. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Tbf, I hate that, when folk blame the ref for offsides. 

Refs are shite and clancy is extra jobbies but incorrect offsides aren't the refs fault. 

iwasthere1954
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, I hate that, when folk blame the ref for offsides. 

Refs are shite and clancy is extra jobbies but incorrect offsides aren't the refs fault. 

I'm not blaming him. I made a comment saying he was the ref. To prove my point he wrongly sent of the Hamilton player.⁷

He commented on the defending being just as bad.   So it's not all the keepers fault but when he had to make a save you might have well been somewhere else.    Like the bingo for example.    

Bazzas right boot
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

I'm not blaming him. I made a comment saying he was the ref. To prove my point he wrongly sent of the Hamilton player.⁷

Yeah, he is a **** up. 

Tbf In real time it looked a red tho imo. 

It wasn't in the reply tho. 

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unless it's Aberdeen. Then I hope he crashes and burns. 

True. Can’t see it though. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Not missed him this season anyway 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I liked Stendel but it was daft to keep playing Perreira for so long. No defending that decision and it cost us dearly.

Indeed, but the blame lies at the door of who brought him here and also played him as much, the other Fifer played him too 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

That’s ****ed me right off.

I had mellowed towards Stendel over the past year but that’s brought it all back. Fair enough, he wanted a sweeper ‘keeper but after his first couple of howlers he should have been dropped. Not after his 15th! 😡

Nothing we didn’t know really. Just surprised how long he thought It was worth keeping in Joel

For what it’s worth, people are forgetting just how bad Bobby was. He was a bombscare too so can understand why he wanted Joel to work out

Ultimately his faith in Joel relegated us. That’s the biggest mark against Stendel  

Stendel started Bobby in his first game in charge and we were all wanting him dropped. The keeper situation was a joke. 

Malinga the Swinga

Deary me. Just admit that playing JP was horrendous error and that's all that need be said. 

Trying to justify it compounds the error. 

If he really believes what he is saying, then we made correct decision to get rid. 

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but the blame lies at the door of who brought him here and also played him as much, the other Fifer played him too 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

He had a transfer window, if he didn't identify and upgrade what was by far the weakest position in the squad he's culpable for what came next between the sticks for me.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He had a transfer window, if he didn't identify and upgrade what was by far the weakest position in the squad he's culpable for what came next between the sticks for me.

He did, they tried to get Craig Gordon in and Celtic wouldn’t let him go. To have those two clowns as back ups also is a catastrophic failure in recruitment. Gordon has also shown this season with his saves how bad the defence is too. There wasn’t a part of the team that was functioning properly when he took over. 

Hans von Luck

Don’t get the Stendhal love in here troops, frankly he was another dud.

if he gets the Pompey job, good luck I hope he is a success however do rekon he will get the bullet by 20 games.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Nothing we didn’t know really. Just surprised how long he thought It was worth keeping in Joel

For what it’s worth, people are forgetting just how bad Bobby was. He was a bombscare too so can understand why he wanted Joel to work out

Ultimately his faith in Joel relegated us. That’s the biggest mark against Stendel  

What about the other two idiots that picked him too, especially the one that signed him? Do they get a pass on this pile on?

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What about the other two idiots that picked him too, especially the one that signed him? Do they get a pass on this pile on?

No one's bumming them up though. We were in last place because of that keeper - change that one piece and we're not bottom when the season's stopped. If Celtic wouldn't let Gordon go (which surely we most have considered as even a vague possibility) then we should have had plans a, b and c ready to go.

We all knew the weak point and it wasn't resolved.

Considering his number 2 was a goalkeeper it did worry me at the time that he continued to play someone who was just not up to the task

Was it part of his loan deal though ?

It's over and done with and we have moved on bar one or two posters

Hope he does well in the future and certainly a little bit of luck may be due to him considering the circumstances of his departure

One of those managers who will go from club to club to club in the lower leagues all around Europe as a stand-in when another manager is fired.

Just an Inbetweener 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He did, they tried to get Craig Gordon in and Celtic wouldn’t let him go. To have those two clowns as back ups also is a catastrophic failure in recruitment. Gordon has also shown this season with his saves how bad the defence is too. There wasn’t a part of the team that was functioning properly when he took over. 

Stendel had nothing to do with the Gordon enquiry. Ann took it upon herself. Even she could see it was needed! Stendel was happy with the ‘keepers he had.

Berra than you
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Considering his number 2 was a goalkeeper it did worry me at the time that he continued to play someone who was just not up to the task

Hope he does well in the future and certainly a little bit of luck may be due to him considering the circumstances of his departure

Had wondered this, but if it was the case there would be nothing stopping Stendel from saying it in that interview.

Berra than you
15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stendel had nothing to do with the Gordon enquiry. Ann took it upon herself. Even she could see it was needed! Stendel was happy with the ‘keepers he had.

People keep talking about the Gordon enquiries in January. I'm not saying they didn't happen, but if it became clear Celtic wouldn't let him go and stendel had wanted a better keeper, he would have signed another one. Not as if Gordon was the only keeper that could have improved us.

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

that is unbelievable and frankly makes me absolutely rage. This decision got us relegated.. end of story. 

Glad that the rumours that we were forced to play him out to bed, just an outrageously bad decision by a popular manager who clearly did not know what was required to get us out of trouble 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

People keep talking about the Gordon enquiries in January. I'm not saying they didn't happen, but if it became clear Celtic wouldn't let him go and stendel had wanted a better keeper, he would have signed another one. Not as if Gordon was the only keeper that could have improved us.

Zlamal or Doyle would have improved us at that point.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that is unbelievable and frankly makes me absolutely rage. This decision got us relegated.. end of story. 

Glad that the rumours that we were forced to play him out to bed, just an outrageously bad decision by a popular manager who clearly did not know what was required to get us out of trouble 

"We thought we had good goalkeepers and at the time it wasn’t top of our list. We had some injuries and we had problems with creating chances and scoring goals, so our focus was more on that part of the squad."

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Levein and McPhee both dropped Perrera.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

By the other Fifer do you mean McPhee? Even he dropped Perrera after just 2 or 3 games. Stendel actually reinstated him, which makes it even worse.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No one's bumming them up though. We were in last place because of that keeper - change that one piece and we're not bottom when the season's stopped. If Celtic wouldn't let Gordon go (which surely we most have considered as even a vague possibility) then we should have had plans a, b and c ready to go.

We all knew the weak point and it wasn't resolved.

Indeed, but at that time he was trying to get a lazy squad full of underachievers,has beens and injury prone players fully fit. It appears he was doing deals too, with Budges office girls helping whilst the two guys sharing the Sporting Directors role skulked about or banished to their house.
I hope he writes a book about the absolute shit show he found, the joke of a medical department, the retirement home for journeymen, the high basic low bonus pay structure, how we were demoted with 8 games to play, were 8th in the form table, a fan base disillusioned and suffering from years of anti-football, beat a team twice his predecessor didn’t manage to beat EVER at Tynecastle, gave up his wages for 3 months and found out he was replaced from a mate who seen it on ****ing Facebook. 
Aaaaand breathe. 
In conclusion I think three months is a bit too short a period to judge a manager with those and probably a few other problems. 
Also why are we still talking about this 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?

The amazing thing about Pereira is not so much that Stendel kept playing him but that he has been an employee of Man Utd since 2012. He is by quite some distance the worst goalkeeper we've signed in the last 30 years (and probably more).

Guest ToqueJambo

I wonder if Stendel turned up his nose at Gordon because he's not a sweeper keeper? Sounds like it from that interview.

Rodgers tried to bin Gordon for that reason when he arrived. He didn't think Gordon was good enough with his feet outside the box. But the guy he signed turned out to be rubbish and Gordon got back into his team.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In conclusion I think three months is a bit too short a period to judge a manager with those and probably a few other problems. 

Applies to Robbie too, surely? And Robbie is actually getting the results he's being paid to get, unlike Stendel.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Even more evidence then what a shambles it was if she was doing deals, where were the two guys sharing the SD job? As he said in the article we had other problems, and little money, to sort. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Even more evidence then what a shambles it was if she was doing deals, where were the two guys sharing the SD job? As he said in the article we had other problems, and little money, to sort. 

Stendel can't say he wasn't backed. We forked out a lot of money for Boyce, and Stendel's wages were massive. He would have got a goalie if he'd asked for one. Robbie brought in Stewart and Gordon and farmed out Doyle in about 2 seconds flat after arriving. He knew it was the first area of the team to address and Stendel should have known it too. The fact he still didn't seem to know it after being in charge for all the games Perrera cost us is a pretty damning indictment.  Managerial careers are ruined or made on those decisions.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but at that time he was trying to get a lazy squad full of underachievers,has beens and injury prone players fully fit. It appears he was doing deals too, with Budges office girls helping whilst the two guys sharing the Sporting Directors role skulked about or banished to their house.
I hope he writes a book about the absolute shit show he found, the joke of a medical department, the retirement home for journeymen, the high basic low bonus pay structure, how we were demoted with 8 games to play, were 8th in the form table, a fan base disillusioned and suffering from years of anti-football, beat a team twice his predecessor didn’t manage to beat EVER at Tynecastle, gave up his wages for 3 months and found out he was replaced from a mate who seen it on ****ing Facebook. 
Aaaaand breathe. 
Also why are we still talking about this 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?

Things weren't great, but change the keeper and we stay up. He didn't see it as a priority.

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

If ever there was an interview that should finally bury the Stendel myth this is it.

Played Pereira because he was more interested in his ability to stand high up the pitch than save shots.

Didn't need to play him, but choose to do so. Nothing to do with the terms of the loan agreement.

Had the opportunity to get another keeper in during the January window but decided Pereira was good enough.

Tactically inflexible and a bad judge of players. Came in when we were awful and despite getting some players back from injury and signing a handful of his own players, inexplicably managed to actually make us worse. The fact this joker is still lauded by so many Hearts fans as some kind of managerial messiah is crazy. "Right man, wrong time"? No, just wrong man. Even worse, some of our support use this mythical version of The Great Stendel as a stick to beat our manager, even though he is taking us back to the league where we belong.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wonder if Stendel turned up his nose at Gordon because he's not a sweeper keeper? Sounds like it from that interview.

Rodgers tried to bin Gordon for that reason when he arrived. He didn't think Gordon was good enough with his feet outside the box. But the guy he signed turned out to be rubbish and Gordon got back into his team.

Gordon did a brilliant interview where he explained how Rodgers coached him into doing the job, if you remember he should’ve been sent off a couple of times flying into challenges outside his box. He was told to kick into areas for the fullbacks and midfielders, and if they couldn’t adapt to that he would replace them. 
It was Dorus Devries I think he bought the dropped. Celtic may well have had a better season if they had upped their offer to Gordon last summer, thankfully. 
https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/06/blogs/scottish-premier-league/celtic-craig-gordon-reveals-the-huge-difference-he-experienced-playing-under-brendan-rodgers/

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Things weren't great, but change the keeper and we stay up. He didn't see it as a priority.

Agreed. He did eventually but the other two played him as well but it doesn’t seem to be their fault, just Stendels. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed. He did eventually but the other two played him as well but it doesn’t seem to be their fault, just Stendels. 

Just Stendel's from January on

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein and McPhee both dropped Perrera.

When did Levein drop him? Macphee did and then brought him back. 

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you genuinely suggesting Hearts fans haven't criticised Levein or McPhee for last season?

You are on a thread about Stendel, discussing an interview about Stendel, obviously people are focussing on Stendel.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Are you genuinely suggesting Hearts fans haven't criticised Levein or McPhee for last season?

You are on a thread about Stendel, discussing an interview about Stendel, obviously people are focussing on Stendel.

No, if you can’t read that I’m pointing out why this GK was here and that he played just as much under those two clowns then maybe you should let the adults talk. 

• davemclaren locked this topic