wrong time for him to come in :rifle:

We'll never know now. 🤷

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

We'll never know now. 🤷

think he got a raw deal overall but life goes on :rifle:

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Barnsley still doing the Stendel press by the looks of it

Snazzy purple socks they have got on - not sure what that's all about as it's not part of their official kit

An ex player of ours Bobby Hassell who made over 300 appearances for us in a 10 year playing career at Oakwell and who now works within the clubs youth set up, Has a 17 year old son called Bayley who plays for our under 18s. 

Bayley Hassell was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago, the purple socks were in aid of a cancer charity who support young cancer sufferers in South Yorkshire. 

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

An ex player of ours Bobby Hassell who made over 300 appearances for us in a 10 year playing career at Oakwell and who now works within the clubs youth set up, Has a 17 year old son called Bayley who plays for our under 18s. 

Bayley Hassell was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago, the purple socks were in aid of a cancer charity who support young cancer sufferers in South Yorkshire. 

👍

Nice gesture from the club. Hope it all goes well

Seen Bobby Hassell play for Barnsley and he scored a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw with Newcastle at Oakwell 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Didn't work out. Who knows if it would have in time? Tell you what though, him getting here and then the win at Easter Road and the two wins over Rangers is the most excited and interested I've been since early 2015. I miss that and it's never going to happen with boring, boring Nielson hanging about the place. 

21 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

think he got a raw deal overall but life goes on :rifle:

Agreed. Wasn’t disappointed when he was replaced by RN. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Agreed. Wasn’t disappointed when he was replaced by RN. 

your kidding **** neilson his football is utter piss to watch really last four games with out a win,  aint scored in the last 2 games brutal :rifle:

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

your kidding **** neilson his football is utter piss to watch really last four games with out a win,  aint scored in the last 2 games brutal :rifle:

Sorry mate.... that’s auto text for you.... I was disappointed to see Stendel leave.

6 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Didn't work out. Who knows if it would have in time? Tell you what though, him getting here and then the win at Easter Road and the two wins over Rangers is the most excited and interested I've been since early 2015. I miss that and it's never going to happen with boring, boring Nielson hanging about the place. 

Ditto, Really thought we’d turned the corner after Easter road game, brilliant night. It wasn’t to be in the end but amongst the defeats their was hope and you could see a vision of how he wanted to play. Under the present manager ive never been so disinterested to watch Hearts play. We desperately need a new coach/vision to bring the club together for next season. Sadly I can’t see it happening and the longer this goes on the more people start drifting away. 

wattie exploited
55 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Sorry mate.... that’s auto text for you.... I was disappointed to see Stendel leave.

like wise he never got a fair crack at it :rifle:

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

like wise he never got a fair crack at it :rifle:

It was a completely different concept of football that I liked.

I see it as chance lost.

I gave up my ST for 2 years of Leveins shite football, was back on board with DS.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

It was a completely different concept of football that I liked.

I see it as chance lost.

I gave up my ST for 2 years of Leveins shite football, was back on board with DS.

I got it as well, but Daniel made a ***** of it mate. He proved his judgement is seriously questionable with his insistence on changing style of play mid season with limited players in a relegation battle, bringing in shite players that didn't cover our weaknesses and playing the holy ghost in goals time and time again.

If I'm ever in doubt about Stendel I remind myself of that last St Mirren game.

Scott980612

Stendel  stuck with Pereira in goals. 
Poppadom hands got us relegated. 

Stendel to blame for picking him  

However I’d have Stendel over Neilson, least he had a personality and given time he maybe would have built a ferocious geggenpressing monster on the park. 
maybe? Maybe not?   

JamboNation
13 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

However I’d have Stendel over Neilson, least he had a personality and given time he maybe would have built a ferocious geggenpressing monster on the park. 
maybe? Maybe not?   

It's was never an' either or decision' Stendel was always being punted he was brought in to turn things around but left us bottom

End of story

Ex member of the SaS

Personally think that had Stendel kept us up and been given windows to bring in better players we would be a far better team right now. There was obviously a reason ( non football ) why he kept the keeper he did and had we had Gordon the defense would have been more confidant. There are things happening at our club I really dislike and some of them are the way Levein dumped the last Championship team, his recruitment and the way Budge is handling the general football situation.

The common denominator is Ann Budge and while for a long time I was all for her staying on,  the ( fake? ) delays in handing over the club and her bringing in Robbie, who I also was happy with for a while ( until his style came through ) I am now of the opinion that she and Robbie have to go and soon. If Ann wants to step back and run the entertainment side then fine ( she has done a grand job there ) however a proper football minded leader is urgently required.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Personally think that had Stendel kept us up and been given windows to bring in better players we would be a far better team right now. There was obviously a reason ( non football ) why he kept the keeper he did and had we had Gordon the defense would have been more confidant. There are things happening at our club I really dislike and some of them are the way Levein dumped the last Championship team, his recruitment and the way Budge is handling the general football situation.

The common denominator is Ann Budge and while for a long time I was all for her staying on,  the ( fake? ) delays in handing over the club and her bringing in Robbie, who I also was happy with for a while ( until his style came through ) I am now of the opinion that she and Robbie have to go and soon. If Ann wants to step back and run the entertainment side then fine ( she has done a grand job there ) however a proper football minded leader is urgently required.

“entertainment side” :rofl:

She’s ****ing useless. Get her gone.

Good post in the main though 👍

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“entertainment side” :rofl:

She’s ****ing useless. Get her gone.

Good post in the main though 👍

DtD, I think most on here agree she has been ok, out with the football side of the company. It's what she has done to the first team that most are complaining about.

Maroon Sailor

I've mentioned this before but the more I think about it the more I am convinced of how Robbie came back.

Levein and Budge chat after the St Johnstone match and agree between them it's finally the time to change it.

Levein sounds out Robbie to Ann

Levein chats to Robbie

Robbie wants to come back but says he wants to stay at United to see out the job of getting them promoted.

Levein then says to Ann - give Austin a go for the rest of the season.

Doesn't work out with Austin, suddenly they have to actually come up with a proper plan and process to get a proper manager in.

Stendel or any other manager were probably never going to start the 2020/21 season, no matter what league we were in. The demotion made it easier to relieve Stendel of his duties.

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've mentioned this before but the more I think about it the more I am convinced of how Robbie came back.

Levein and Budge chat after the St Johnstone match and agree between them it's finally the time to change it.

Levein chats to Robbie

Robbie wants to come back but says he wants to stay at United to see out the job of getting them promoted.

Doesn't work out with Austin, suddenly they have to actually come up with a proper plan and process to get a proper manager in.

Stendel or any other manager were probably never going to start the 2020/21 season, no matter what league we were in. The demotion made it easier to relieve Stendel of his duties.

That'll be what happened 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Levein chats to Robbie

An interesting guess, but if we had stayed up, I definitely think Stendel would have stayed. A lot of effort went in to getting him. It would have been completely incomprehensible to sack him if he’d kept us up.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

An interesting guess, but if we had stayed up, I definitely think Stendel would have stayed. A lot of effort went in to getting him. It would have been completely incomprehensible to sack him if he’d kept us up.

He wasn't part of the clique - the Levein, Neilson, Budge trilogy

Think Ann likes people around who she is comfortable with

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We also spent a lot bringing his own staff in. He also had a contract which only had a break on relegation

Wild theory!!!

Fwiw, I'd welcome Dan back with open arms. Him plus Savage equals excitement imo.

Huuuuuugely unlikely you'd think but if its Neilson, McInnes, Robinson or Dan, it's Stendel every single time for me.

Curve would be if Neil or Big Dunc chat has any credence and then we've got a nice wee short list.

If our short list was

Neil

Dunc

Stendel

McCann (got a feeling he'd be great)

I'd be chuffed.

Would suggest the first three are unlikely and the 3rd and 4th split opinion/unpopular!!!!

Fk'sake are we still debating that loser he was the twat that got us relegated! Say what you want about season being cut short but the fact is that Stendel took us to the bottom of the table... end of! He made absolutely no impact on the team at all during his tenure... unless going to Paisley and capitulating is deemed to be a good thing. The truth is he was shite and much as I hate to say it if we had kept CL in charge we would more than likely still be in the SPL. CL was shite but he would have got us more points than Stendel did. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Fk'sake are we still debating that loser he was the twat that got us relegated! Say what you want about season being cut short but the fact is that Stendel took us to the bottom of the table... end of! He made absolutely no impact on the team at all during his tenure... unless going to Paisley and capitulating is deemed to be a good thing. The truth is he was shite and much as I hate to say it if we had kept CL in charge we would more than likely still be in the SPL. CL was shite but he would have got us more points than Stendel did. 

That’s your opinion. In contrast, I really liked Stendel and wish he was still here. Doubt we’d be in the mess we are today if he was. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We also spent a lot bringing his own staff in. He also had a contract which only had a break on relegation

Wild theory!!!

It would be a wild theory if another outsider came in to the club to replace Stendel.

The fact it was Robbie makes it less wild - imo

3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but at the point the season ended Stendel's team was sixth on the top flight form table. There were signs of improvement. The horror shown in Paisley detracts from that - at the time I was as angry as anyone. Had the season not been curtailed, I still think Stendel would have got us of the bottom, at the expense of Ross County. That St Mirren result would've been filed as another poor away performance against a bottom six side, instead of being the result that condemned us in a vote.

I'd love to have seen what Stendel could have achieved after a full pre season. We'll never know, but I'm certain if would have been a bloody sight easier to get on board and back than the turgid crap we've endured this season. 

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It would be a wild theory if another outsider came in to the club to replace Stendel.

The fact it was Robbie makes it less wild - imo

Yeah get that mate but had we stayed up, Stendel and his numerous expensive backroom staff were all under contract. Just no way it was the plan. Not from outset.

Not saying it wasn't mooted early in Dan's reign, or perhaps as soon as season was cut, more like

A_A wehatethehibs
45 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He wasn't part of the clique - the Levein, Neilson, Budge trilogy

Think Ann likes people around who she is comfortable with

Stendels results determined his fate. 

If he had won football matches, Ann would have loved him as would the whole club. 

But he didn’t get the results. I didn’t want him to go tbh, but could see why the decision was made. He was not able to make the impact that was desired. 

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If he had won football matches, Ann would have loved him as would the whole club. 

But he didn’t get the results. I didn’t want him to go tbh, but could see why the decision was made. He was not able to make the impact that was desired. 

I don’t believe that, sorry. 

She wanted Robbie in, simple as that. 

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You say that about results determining his fate but it didn't seem to apply to Levein.

His fate went right to the end of the line before it was sealed.

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

You're conveniently forgetting that Levein took us to the bottom of the table.

Ex member of the SaS

Folk claiming Stendel got us relegated seem to forget he had Levein's duds that got us in that position. Even Fergie would have struggled to get that or even this bunch, playing well enough to play in the Premiership.

Stendel was not the problem and oh how we need someone like him willing to kick butt's and get rid of the dead wood.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

I don’t believe that, sorry. 

She wanted Robbie in, simple as that. 

Yes she did want Robbie in, but she couldn’t get him. So she got someone else.

And then at the end of the season, she wanted Robbie in again, Because Stendel didn’t win games. He was here 4 months and just didn’t win her over. The results were a let down. 

Say he had come in and won 7 or 8 out of his 15 league games (rather than 3)  and got us to 9th or 10th and safe in the premier. Are you saying that she’d have still been looking to sack him (at great expense due to the relegation clause not being in play) and bring Neilson ? 

End of the day there were high hopes for Stendel but the results didn’t pan out his way. If they had, he would still have been manager in the premier start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You say that about results determining his fate but it didn't seem to apply to Levein.

His fate went right to the end of the line before it was sealed.

Different circumstances imo. Levein used the injury crisis as his excuse for months and months which was what extended his stay of execution. And obviously he and budge had a strong existing relationship. Yes he should have been sacked sooner, but just different circumstances. 

25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Folk claiming Stendel got us relegated seem to forget he had Levein's duds that got us in that position. Even Fergie would have struggled to get that or even this bunch, playing well enough to play in the Premiership.

Stendel was not the problem and oh how we need someone like him willing to kick butt's and get rid of the dead wood.

Everyone acknowledges that being bottom of the league was 90% Leveins fault, I’ve yet to see anyone blame stendel for it. Folk just don’t like him because the whole point of sacking Levein was to get a new manager in who would come in and win games and turn things around. Never happened. Not in time anyway.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes she did want Robbie in, but she couldn’t get him. So she got someone else.

And then at the end of the season, she wanted Robbie in again, Because Stendel didn’t win games. He was here 4 months and just didn’t win her over. The results were a let down. 

Say he had come in and won 7 or 8 out of his 15 league games (rather than 3)  and got us to 9th or 10th and safe in the premier. Are you saying that she’d have still been looking to sack him (at great expense due to the relegation clause not being in play) and bring Neilson ? 

End of the day there were high hopes for Stendel but the results didn’t pan out his way. If they had, he would still have been manager in the premier start of the season. 

Different circumstances imo. Levein used the injury crisis as his excuse for months and months which was what extended his stay of execution. And obviously he and budge had a strong existing relationship. Yes he should have been sacked sooner, but just different circumstances. 

Everyone acknowledges that being bottom of the league was 90% Leveins fault, I’ve yet to see anyone blame stendel for it. Folk just don’t like him because the whole point of sacking Levein was to get a new manager in who would come in and win games and turn things around. Never happened. Not in time anyway.

If you have not seen anyone blaming Stendel try looking around 10 posts up this thread, Jock_turd just has.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If you have not seen anyone blaming Stendel try looking around 10 posts up this thread, Jock_turd just has.

As i say I think everyone who doesn’t like stendel mainly was just disappointed that he never proved to be the answer. He was supposed to be the new manager bounce but it never worked. I would think even @jock _turd would recognise that Levein was the primary reason 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

As i say I think everyone who doesn’t like stendel mainly was just disappointed that he never proved to be the answer. He was supposed to be the new manager bounce but it never worked. I would think even @jock _turd would recognise that Levein was the primary reason 

We just didn't get the luxury of a new manager bounce simply because of the state we were in. It was a real, proper shambles. Few tidbits here and there giving a peak at just how broken we were.

And remember he didn't get the clean cut most managers get. He came in alone and was working with coaches who'd been part of the failure culture.

Know you're not slating him, I just think it's somewhat underappreciated just what he was up against and looking at his results alone isn't fair to the guy.

Total conjecture but I fully believe had 38 games been played, no way we'd have ended bottom.

I do think he and Ann clashed which won't have helped his cause but she should have stuck by him. We'd be in a good position now if he'd stayed. Kind of guy who would have harnessed the anger we all had.

I'd take him and his team back in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Jesus on a bike, I was going to reply, nah I wont give you my thoughts, you might not like them and I dont want banned.

I would like to know the in's and out's of Poppadom Hand's loan deal from Man Utd, what I mean is that did he have to play if fit, a certain number of games, it can be the only reason he was played and lost us so many points apart from all the other carnage happening at the club.

I wonder if Ann thanked Daniel Stendel for not taking a salary from the club when lockdown kicked in.

2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Jesus on a bike, I was going to reply, nah I wont give you my thoughts, you might not like them and I dont want banned.

NO give your thoughts it is a forum and we are all entitled to make our thoughts known and I would probably care as much about your words of wisdom as you do of mine. Tell us why you think Stendel would have been the man to save us... we know he did not but the season was cut short but tell me how you think he would have turned things around. I personally saw little improvement... in fact if CL had sent the team out to play the way they did in some of the games he would have been even further ripped. I am no CL fan but I honestly saw no real improvement under Stendel we leaked goals like a colander in nearly every game. We had plenty of posters on here actually asking the question " what the F is this guy playing at? " in most game we gave away such poor goals.

Stendel was a bad appointment at a time when what was required was someone who knew Scottish football and could steady the ship... Stendel did not know where Scotland was far less the Scottish game and he never steadied the ship one bit.

The fault for the whole debacle lies at the door of Budge she should have had a manager ready to take over the day after CL was given the bullet , she did not and let the club down badly when she eventually made an appointment.

15 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

I would like to know the in's and out's of Poppadom Hand's loan deal from Man Utd, what I mean is that did he have to play if fit, a certain number of games, it can be the only reason he was played and lost us so many points apart from all the other carnage happening at the club.

I wonder if Ann thanked Daniel Stendel for not taking a salary from the club when lockdown kicked in.

She was going to , but couldn't get a hold of him, so didn't bother.

24 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

NO give your thoughts it is a forum and we are all entitled to make our thoughts known and I would probably care as much about your words of wisdom as you do of mine. Tell us why you think Stendel would have been the man to save us... we know he did not but the season was cut short but tell me how you think he would have turned things around. I personally saw little improvement... in fact if CL had sent the team out to play the way they did in some of the games he would have been even further ripped. I am no CL fan but I honestly saw no real improvement under Stendel we leaked goals like a colander in nearly every game. We had plenty of posters on here actually asking the question " what the F is this guy playing at? " in most game we gave away such poor goals.

Stendel was a bad appointment at a time when what was required was someone who knew Scottish football and could steady the ship... Stendel did not know where Scotland was far less the Scottish game and he never steadied the ship one bit.

The fault for the whole debacle lies at the door of Budge she should have had a manager ready to take over the day after CL was given the bullet , she did not and let the club down badly when she eventually made an appointment.

Ok, The place was an absolute shambles when he was appointed, Ann trying to get over her divorce from CL, so he remained like a bad smell with all his coaching staff basically working furlough as we know it today.

Imagine starting a new job in a new country with your own ideas, trying to bring in your own staff and ideas onboard and CL is still at the club along with the staff who got them into that mess??

Sorry that is not healthy, I have already given my thoughts about the goalkeeper loan situation.

Ok some of the players that Stendel had at his disposal were unable to play to his style due to ability/fitness.

While the football was a breath of fresh air as to the shite that we had endured before, I personally would love to have seen Stendel getting a pre-season with his own people and players.

I can guarantee that we would not be watching the eye-bleeding football that we are suffering just now and we would have won this league weeks ago.

These thoughts are all my own and as you quite rightly said when Ann was going through divorce proceedings with CL she should have had somebody in place, but you know what, she didn't and look where we are today.

In a tinpot league we are passing sideways and backwards as we struggle over the line, sorry the FOH/Fans deserve much better than that.

Edited by Jamdub

Lone Striker
26 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Seems you're a bit fixated that Stendel lost at St Mirren a few days before the whole thing was stopped, and therefore we were in the firing line for the SPFL bullet.    

If you failed to see any improvement in our ability to create chances and score goals under Stendel, you're in a very small minority.  The problem (his failing if you like) was persisting with Joel for too long, plus too many of our players couldn't adapt to his  style which left us vulnerable to the other team hitting on the break.   2 of his 3 signings were poor too.

So ok- he couldn't keep us up at the 28 game mark, but most likely neither  Levein nor McPhee would have managed it - and they allegedly "know Scottish football".

Right now though - after demotion to the 2nd tier and a summer transfer  window - would Stendels management of individual players and football  style be preferable to Neilson's slow crab football and still produce enough points to get us promoted  ?    Its a big YES from me.

5 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

maybe? Maybe not?   

I’d have Stendel over Levein, MacPhee Cathro & Neilson any time.

Had to piss with the cock of a squad he took over with not enough time to stop the rot, with a January window and the proviso of players out to get players in.

Disappointed it didn’t work out for him and the way he was treated in the end.

Would like to hear his thoughts re his brief spell at the famous.

40 minutes ago, merrymac said:

She was going to , but couldn't get a hold of him, so didn't bother.

Very professional. 

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems you're a bit fixated that Stendel lost at St Mirren a few days before the whole thing was stopped, and therefore we were in the firing line for the SPFL bullet.    

If you failed to see any improvement in our ability to create chances and score goals under Stendel, you're in a very small minority.  The problem (his failing if you like) was persisting with Joel for too long, plus too many of our players couldn't adapt to his  style which left us vulnerable to the other team hitting on the break.   2 of his 3 signings were poor too.

So ok- he couldn't keep us up at the 28 game mark, but most likely neither  Levein nor McPhee would have managed it - and they allegedly "know Scottish football".

Right now though - after demotion to the 2nd tier and a summer transfer  window - would Stendels management of individual players and football  style be preferable to Neilson's slow crab football and still produce enough points to get us promoted  ?    Its a big YES from me.

No I am not fixated but it would be stupid not to point out that everyman and his dog knew just how important that game was. However the Stendel for king crowd forget how poor he actually was he could only manage three league wins from 14 played . Our defence was like a sieve and unlike most new managerial appointments he totally failed to get a winning response from the team.  Some people on here are painting him as some sort of saviour when in fact he was nothing of the sort he totally failed especially against the teams around us. However this is a forum and everyone can have their own opinion and there is no reason at all why one opinion should be given any more relevance than another IMO.

Edited by jock _turd

• davemclaren locked this topic