Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I suggest you accept that continuing to pick Pereira was a massive mistake.

Fowler has taken that podcast and taken bits out of it that he said, and run with it as a negative story, knowing full well, Stendel English is not great at times, and if you listen to what he says he then says, maybe we should of had more experience, but unfortunately we couldn't sign the players we wanted. 

👍

Pereria is more one for the future, with potential. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I suggest you accept that continuing to pick Pereira was a massive mistake.

As long as everyone accepts the reasons why he did it, why the guy was signed at all and that the two guys before him played him too. 
If any player was to take the most of the blame for our demotion it’s him, and of course the person who brought him to the club to make up for the other two who were awful as well 🙈. What a shambles these people have created. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

As long as everyone accepts the reasons why he did it, why the guy was signed at all and that the two guys before him played him too. 
If any player was to take the most of the blame for our demotion it’s him, and of course the person who brought him to the club to make up for the other two who were awful as well 🙈. What a shambles these people have created. 

You see you can come to that conclusion, or you could come to the conclusion that still to this day we are conceding goals for fun, and that's with Scotlands number 1 in goals. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You see you can come to that conclusion, or you could come to the conclusion that still to this day we are conceding goals for fun, and that's with Scotlands number 1 in goals. 

Yeah I said that last night, we still have an awful defence but if you can’t save the most basic of shots you will have problems.
You can’t expect the defence to not let shots in at all. We wouldn’t be top of the league if we had signed a run of the mill goalie. 
For instance when we were setting those defensive records a few seasons ago Berra and Souttar rightly got a lot of credit, then you look at the stats and McLaughlin had the most saves of any goalkeeper in the league so it was probably more to do with him than them. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are we conceding goals for fun? No. 

Are we conceding more than we would like to? 

Definitely. 

Has Craig Gordon been directly at fault? 

Not any costly howlers I can think of but may be wrong. 

Did JP lose us points? 

Definitely!

Would those points have been held onto if Bobby or Doyle in goals? 

Possibly but we will never know. 

If those points had not been lost, would we have stayed up? 

Probably and Stendel would have still been in charge. But we didn't stay up and he's gone. Potentially right man and the worst time ever. It's over. Let's just forget about him. 

Berra than you
35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fowler has taken that podcast and taken bits out of it that he said, and run with it as a negative story, knowing full well, Stendel English is not great at times, and if you listen to what he says he then says, maybe we should of had more experience, but unfortunately we couldn't sign the players we wanted. 

👍

Pereria is more one for the future, with potential

Stendel did say that. He's not one for hearts future though? It's not as if he was on our books so why would we continue with his development when it was clear he was struggling. I listened to the whole podcast and stendel came across well, apart from the discussion over Joel, imo.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can say that about any 24 year old, however I'm not sure on him making it.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/joel-pereira-gets-his-chance-on-loan-and-concedes-four/

He was at fault for 3 of them, bet they’re happy the 1st choice has stayed fit. 
Must look good in training 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Stendel did say that. He's not one for hearts future though? It's not as if he was on our books so why would we continue with his development when it was clear he was struggling. I listened to the whole podcast and stendel came across well, apart from the discussion over Joel, imo.

You have to wonder what his assistant made of him considering his expertise  as a GK and coach, or Gallachers for that matter. Or whoever signed him for Man Utd or the current Huddersfield manager? Are they all that incompetents, we know Levein is obviously? It’s strange.

Jeffros Furios
41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You have to wonder what his assistant made of him considering his expertise  as a GK and coach, or Gallachers for that matter. Or whoever signed him for Man Utd or the current Huddersfield manager? Are they all that incompetents, we know Levein is obviously? It’s strange.

I certainly hope whoever left us with three of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen is no longer at the club ,

Or maybe Ms Budge made up a new role for him .

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It doesn't matter, he shouldn't have been getting picked in 2020 for Hearts, end of story.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It doesn't matter, he shouldn't have been getting picked in 2020 for Hearts, end of story.

Aye cos Bobby Zlamal or Colin Doyle would've been any better, we have a world class goalkeeper this season in goal, and he only has 8 clean sheets in 22 games. 

In a league that's pish. 

So what difference would it of made 😂

Unknown user
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye cos Bobby Zlamal or Colin Doyle would've been any better, we have a world class goalkeeper this season in goal, and he only has 8 clean sheets in 22 games. 

In a league that's pish. 

Yep, they're both better than Pereira.

Doyle is shite, but better than Pereira.

Zlamal had too many brain farts but also made some decent saves, and is way better than Pereira.

You're wrong Bongo, Stendel was too.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In a league that's pish. 

Why are trying to defend the indefensible. He lost us vital points.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I certainly hope whoever left us with three of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen is no longer at the club ,

Or maybe Ms Budge made up a new role for him .

Long distance advisor 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In a league that's pish. 

Bongo man - Pereira was dogshit. He couldn’t save his pocket money.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bongo man - Pereira was dogshit. He couldn’t save his pocket money.

Doyle and Zlamal would've saved us have a word 😂😂

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why are trying to defend the indefensible. He lost us vital points.

And so did Doyle and Zlamal but yet they would of saved us?. 

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yep, they're both better than Pereira.

Doyle is shite, but better than Pereira.

Zlamal had too many brain farts but also made some decent saves, and is way better than Pereira.

You're wrong Bongo, Stendel was too.

They are both better than haven't even played for a club the size of Man Utd just for a start 😂😂

They are both better than haven't even played for a club the size of Man Utd just for a start 😂😂

How many first team games has Pereira played for Man U?  There is a hell of a difference between being on the books and having made an impact at a club.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

See when every single person disagrees with you...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Doyle and Zlamal would've saved us have a word 😂😂

No they wouldn’t, they were useless too, but Pereira was pure pish.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

See when every single person disagrees with you...

Keep bashing on like Craig Levein?

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And so did Doyle and Zlamal but yet they would of saved us?. 

We will never know because DS never dropped him when he should have

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No they wouldn’t, they were useless too, but Pereira was pure pish.

And so was Doyle and Bobby so stop trying to say if we had played them it would of made a massive difference, cos it just wouldn't Doyle is in a relegation battle this season, and Bobby can't get a game ahead of Ross Stewart. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And so was Doyle and Bobby so stop trying to say if we had played them it would of made a massive difference, cos it just wouldn't Doyle is in a relegation battle this season, and Bobby can't get a game ahead of Ross Stewart. 

I’m not saying that you gormless goon :lol:

36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Bongo continuing to make an tit of himself gives my a warm fuzzy feeling.

Its comedy gold.

Coming from a guy who doesn't know whether to back Robbie or not? I'll take that 😂

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We would have been better with Bobby or Doyle. We were better when bobby replaced Joel. Doyle has been their cub keeper most of the season I'm sure. Having a better goalie is clear to see this season. Whilst he hasn't kept that many clean sheets, Gordon has saved us points this season, by making saves Joel would get no where near, given shots that went straight at him went through him.

Edited by Berra than you

I'll take the personal insults all day long 😂😂, the same people slagging Pereria backed him, when Levein was in charge.

It's okay to have a split personality guys i don't judge 😉👍

What you see is what you get from me, Levein out and Robbie from day 1 and still. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'll take the personal insults all day long 😂😂, the same people slagging Pereria backed him, when Levein was in charge.

It's okay to have a split personality guys i don't judge 😉👍

What you see is what you get from me, Levein out and Robbie from day 1 and still. 

Fair enough, but you probably won't get taken that seriously if this is the hill you choose to die on.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, but you probably won't get taken that seriously if this is the hill you choose to die on.

I'm still standing 😂, i said i didn't think Pereria was a bad player, fact of the matter is we ruin football players. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm still standing 😂, i said i didn't think Pereria was a bad player, fact of the matter is we ruin football players. 

You're arguing against it being a mistake from Stendel to pick him.

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're arguing against it being a mistake from Stendel to pick him.

No I'm arguing the fact that It would of made no difference because we had two goalkeepers that were even worse, and the article from fowler is not a fair representation of what Stendel said. 

There is a reason why fowler had his twitter account deactivated a couple of weeks ago. 

I won't get into that though that's a private matter. 

Unknown user

No I'm arguing the fact that It would of made no difference because we had two goalkeepers that were even worse, and the article from fowler is not a fair representation of what Stendel said. 

There is a reason why fowler had his twitter account deactivated a couple of weeks ago. 

So you don't think it was a mistake for Stendel to pick him?

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was a mistake but would of picking either Bobby or Coco made a massive difference i seriously have my doubts. 

Don't know if you watched the documentary but Stendel called Harry Stone upto the first team. 

Guy had his hands tied and i don't believe he should be judged on 4 months. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was a mistake 

gonzaga_medium.gif

I knew you had it in you!

Pereira has potential? Not as a goalkeeper unfortunately. You'd turn away in fear if you saw him approaching the egg shelf in Asda. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

How many first team games has Pereira played for Man U?  There is a hell of a difference between being on the books and having made an impact at a club.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Mr Michael Stewart. 

Smoked-Glass
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👍

15 years I used to get banned on hibs.net all the time for saying similar things about zibby. 

You must be a undercover hobo 🥴

The mess Stendel inherited included 3 goalkeepers none of whom were good enough to play for Hearts. They all made so many mistakes that their own confidence was gone and the defence had no confidence in them either. Not sure what Stendel could have done or whose advice he was following on which of them to play.

We then tried to play a style of football that our defenders weren't really capable of playing as it involved pace to get back to deal with quick counter attacks and balls over the top. Stendel shipped out Berra and brought in Sibbick who looked excellent but then got injured. That may have been one of the biggest reasons for the failure to turn things round quickly enough.

The club's treatment of Stendel was shocking. Allowing him to waive his wages and then wait around at home wondering if he had a job and not telling him his contract wasn't being renewed before Robbie's appointment got out. 

We'll never know if he could have been a successful Hearts manager

But I think if is safe to say this season should have been a lot more exciting under Stendel. And pretty sure if he had been knocked out of the Cups by Alloa and Brora he would have resigned or been sacked. 

Doctor FinnBarr
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

The mess Stendel inherited included 3 goalkeepers none of whom were good enough to play for Hearts. They all made so many mistakes that their own confidence was gone and the defence had no confidence in them either. Not sure what Stendel could have done or whose advice he was following on which of them to play.

We then tried to play a style of football that our defenders weren't really capable of playing as it involved pace to get back to deal with quick counter attacks and balls over the top. Stendel shipped out Berra and brought in Sibbick who looked excellent but then got injured. That may have been one of the biggest reasons for the failure to turn things round quickly enough.

The club's treatment of Stendel was shocking. Allowing him to waive his wages and then wait around at home wondering if he had a job and not telling him his contract wasn't being renewed before Robbie's appointment got out. 

We'll never know if he could have been a successful Hearts manager

But I think if is safe to say this season should have been a lot more exciting under Stendel. And pretty sure if he had been knocked out of the Cups by Alloa and Brora he would have resigned or been sacked. 

Illness actually

Stendelnator
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Go on then, tell us. 

10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Mr Michael Stewart. 

My point exactly.  If simply being on Man U's books indicates quality then Stewart must be better than Messi.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

My point exactly.  If simply being on Man U's books indicates quality then Stewart must be better than Messi.

Has Messi ever fallen on his arse in the tunnel at Hamilton after fresh-airing a water bottle. 

You cannae teach that. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Has Messi ever fallen on his arse in the tunnel at Hamilton after fresh-airing a water bottle. 

You cannae teach that. 

True :rofl:

18 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Coming from a guy who doesn't know whether to back Robbie or not? I'll take that 😂

You really are all over the place these days. 

Maroon Sailor

Barnsley still doing the Stendel press by the looks of it

Snazzy purple socks they have got on - not sure what that's all about as it's not part of their official kit

I've said it before and I will say it again 

Bongo turned up and suddenly had the inside scoop out of nowhere just as Stendel arrived, he absolutely adores  Stendel beyond all reasoning,  he is insanely trying to defend stendels use of the ghost in goals, Bongo is Dale Tonge 

Ps- I really wanted Stendel, I was a massive fan, but anyone who tries to argue that the ghost in goal was anything other than a massive failure is delusional.

TyphoonJambo

Ghost aside, it was massively mire entertaining than the sheeeeeite were currently watching.  Replace the useless tit with Gordon and we're most of the way there. Definitely would have been more entertaining. 

• davemclaren locked this topic