• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

What is a race? Without looking up a dictionary, I'd say you could describe it as "a genetic similarity which manifests itself phenotypically

There are probably half a dozen definitions in the dictionary and another definition in law.

Interestingly, since the genome project, race is essentially a defunct term in biology. There are greater genetic differences between two groups in Africa than those same groups and a European. 

You only need to go back a thousand years to find a common ancestor for all Europeans alive today. (Only 7-10 thousand to find a common ancestor for everyone in the world.)

Race is essentially a social construct and really we have more in common than we have  differences. Which is both reassuring and terrifying!

13 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Defo not a racist and have not said anything remotely racist. 

But that is what happens when you have a different view to what's going on today. 

This however is racist. 

Screenshot_20200613-202117.jpg

Except calling BLM protesters 'feral savages'. 

Yet the far more violent, white, EDL crew were just a few 'nutters'. 

1-C9593-E4-BC8-D-4-EE9-AB0-A-C4-F5-D192-
from the riots yesterday two guys on the opposite sides one helping the other if they tried at helping each hard enough they wouldn’t be in that situation.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

And a question for the protestors - when was the last time there was a racist killing by a cop in the uk?

I cannot remember one 

Does somebody have to die for racism to be considered a serious issue? 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

And a question for the protestors - when was the last time there was a racist killing by a cop in the uk?

I cannot remember one 

Half the problem is that political agitators try to dress up cases to be racist even if they are not. Was there not a guy in Fife who was arrested for being on drugs and waving a machete. He died in custody (or maybe was killed) and it became a racism case, because he was black and the police were white?

Edited by Spellczech

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Half the problem is that political agitators try to dress up cases to be racist even if they are not. Was there not a guy in Fife who was arrested for being on drugs and waving a machete. He died in custody (or maybe was killed) and it became a racism case, because he was black and the police were white?

You're talking about Sheku Bayoh. There's a few informed comments on this case a few pages back and a BBC Dispatches programme covering it.

Not available for viewing, last time I checked.

8 minutes ago, felix said:

You're talking about Sheku Bayoh. There's a few informed comments on this case a few pages back and a BBC Dispatches programme covering it.

Not available for viewing, last time I checked.

I googled his name (cheers) apparently no knife. It does sound like procedural questions and cover-up are the issue, but the lawyer is making it racial to garner publicity...

Francis Albert
54 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Does somebody have to die for racism to be considered a serious issue? 

Apparentlly, for most of those who have joined the BLM protests in the last week, the answer seems to be yes.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Drunk driver, resisted arrest, huckled- grabs cops taser and turns it on him, then shot by cops.

Natural causes

Not funny

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I cannot remember one 

Sheku Bayou

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

These papers and their Scottish editions are horrendous.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears George Floyd and Derek Chauvin (person charged with murder) knew each other having worked security for the same club. 

Allegedly not the greatest of relationships.

I posted the link a few days ago about their boss who reckoned Chauvin was a racist, he wasn’t sure if they knew each other though. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Angel eyes said:

Don’t know and don’t want too know..

Your post implied you knew him.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

B2-FFB08-C-F8-E3-41-C8-8871-6-D57-B2-DFC
Don’t go to this fellas tattoo shop!

Must’ve been feeling the cold. 
Unlike these dannies, nice green shorts and spelling on their flag.

46B359BB-3780-4F2D-AC26-D9C606799D14.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The tatt is the same is it no?

Weakened Offender

Yesterday's events should have a thread of its own. Call it The Phil Mitchell Convention or something. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

The tatt is the same is it no?

It is indeed, maybe some sort of utopia for racists?

“The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”
“The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more.”
- Alexander DeFeffel Johnson, 2002

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

And therein lies the problem . Those stories grow arms and legs to suit the right racist narrative , he had a “ machete “ this suits the “ black man with a knife “ almost on par with the black rapist going to rape your wife , the bogey man . Not implying your racist as you obviously just picked up the story wrong . A little education in these matters can go a long way 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Never attended school.

Pasquale for King

Maybe read up on his injuries and the alleged weapon he had on him. 23 separate injuries, 11 police officers in attendances. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-full-extent-injuries-suffered-6348506

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46591551

Edited by Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Perhaps a secret code......

John Findlay

I googled his name (cheers) apparently no knife. It does sound like procedural questions and cover-up are the issue, but the lawyer is making it racial to garner publicity...

Be careful here. There is alot more to this incident/case than meets the eye.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The video footage is clear, guy grabs the taser off a policeman, runs away then turns back and in the video I seen, aims and looks to have fired the taser at the police, second cop opens fire with his gun and kills the guy.

Can't disagree with any of the above.

From what you have described it sounds like what is known as "suicide by cop".

JudyJudyJudy

Charles Darwin knew the score 

Good morning all, welcome to Sunday School, Learn, Share and Create Change.

Meet John Edmonstone, The person who taught Charles Darwin taxidermy and fulled his curiosity on Evolution.

As many people know, in 1825, a 16-year-old Charles Darwin came to Edinburgh University to study medicine, and to learn skills that would lead him to his incredible discoveries and theories later in life. However, fewer people know that one of Darwin's teachers in Edinburgh was John Edmonstone, a freed slave from a plantation in what is now Guyana. Darwin paid John to give him lessons about taxidermy, as well as the flora and fauna of South America, to help him prepare for his voyage south on the HMS Beagle. Darwin used the techniques he had learned from John Edmonstone to preserve the finches he caught on the groundbreaking expedition, which in turn led him to develop his earth-shattering Theory of Evolution. Darwin's Galapagos finches - the diversity of their beak forms helped Darwin to form his theory of evolution. In his memoirs, Darwin spoke warmly of John, saying: "He gave me lessons for payment, and I used often to sit with him, for he was a very pleasant and intelligent man." Edmonstone learnt taxidermy while he was still enslaved at the plantation in Warrows Place, Mibiri Creek near Demerara in Guyana (then British Guiana) in South America. The British naturalist Charles Waterton visited the owner of the plantation, Charles Edmonstone - and he took John Edmonstone with him on his bird collecting trips. John would have to quickly stuff and preserve the birds shortly after they were caught to avoid having them spoil in the hot climate. Edmonstone was freed after travelling to Scotland with the plantation owner in 1817. Slavery in the British Empire was not legally ended until 1834 (the act did not apply to India). Charles Edmonstone was originally from Dunbartonshire, and returned to Scotland with his wife to live at his estate, Cardross Park. However, John Edmonstone moved to Edinburgh where he lived at 37 Lothian Street, just a few doors down from Darwin's student lodgings. He earned a living by stuffing birds at the Natural Museum - and teaching taxidermy to student

Comment

103427412_2913450145390392_2243160529907222682_n.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He needs sectioned. 

or needs to lay off the bevvy.  

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

or needs to lay off the bevvy.  

He's probably the same sober. 

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears George Floyd and Derek Chauvin (person charged with murder) knew each other having worked security for the same club. 

Allegedly not the greatest of relationships.

That story came out from another club employee last week. He later appeared on television stating he was sorry and was wrong it was another club employee. I actually posted the refutal on here the day he made it.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's probably the same sober. 

True 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

From what you have described it sounds like what is known as "suicide by cop".

Not the impression I got, one of the policemen was catching up with him so he turned and aimed the taser at the cop to slow the cop down.

Not the best move to aim a weapon at the police, especially in America.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not the impression I got, one of the policemen was catching up with him so he turned and aimed the taser at the cop to slow the cop down.

Not the best move to aim a weapon at the police, especially in America.

If you try to fire a weapon at armed police then that automatically results in retaliation with lethal force, hence "suicide by cop".  A taser can be potentially a lethal weapon.

Whether the outcome was what the victim expected, who knows but if they had thought about it perhaps they wouldn't have fired the taser.

Edited by frankblack

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

If you try to fire a weapon at armed police then that automatically results in retaliation with lethal force, hence "suicide by cop".  A taser can be potentially a lethal weapon.

Judge for yourself, the video in this report begins at the end if you know what I mean and is the security camera from a restaurant.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-killed-by-police-protests/

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Never ever seen or used a taser weapon, did see film of a taser being used multiple times on a suspect who died as a result, so I would guess that this is an indication that multiple shots could kill. This I would submit the police in their defence would state that they were in fear and alarm for their lives and took appropriate measures. However justice has already been  done, the additional suspect in the killing the Wendys fast food restaurant was burned down by some activist group.

With regard to the badly spelled tattoo, it looks to me like the group are referring to themselves as Britians as opposed to British.