Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Just now, doctor jambo said:

I believe in democratic mandate, and I have yet to see evidence that the general population have agreed to the whole "statue" thing.

If the public want that, they can vote for a party that will chuck it in a manifesto, you lose, you wait another 5 years for the chance.

Otherwise you end up ruled by a violent tyranical minority

You know, in general, I agree with those things too.

What you're seeing is people who have tried to participate in this system, and been tread upon for their good faith, for decades or centuries, rising up and saying "enough is enough."

Easy for us privileged folk to talk about such lofty ideals when our lives and livelihoods aren't being generationally stolen away from us by the very democratic system they hold so dear.

And indeed, it's the same democratic system people rioted against decades ago to get us, for one example of many, better working conditions--something which didn't, and couldn't, happen by democratic action alone. In the early 20th century you would've been the one telling people being worked 80+ hours a week for slave wages to get it put in party's manifesto. And you know what that would've accomplished? The square root of **** all.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• The Real Maroonblood

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You know, in general, I agree with those things too.

What you're seeing is people who have tried to participate in this system, and been tread upon for their good faith, for decades or centuries, rising up and saying "enough is enough."

Easy for us privileged folk to talk about such lofty ideals when our lives and livelihoods aren't being generationally stolen away from us by the very democratic system they hold so dear.

And indeed, it's the same democratic system people rioted against decades ago to get us, for one example of many, better working conditions--something which didn't, and couldn't, happen by democratic action alone. In the early 20th century you would've been the one telling people being worked 80+ hours a week for slave wages to get it put in party's manifesto. And you know what that would've accomplished? The square root of **** all.

Governments role is also to protect minorities against the tyranny of the majority.

the uk does not bad in that, the USA not so well at present .

we have laws in place in this regard, if there is any evidence that there is still an issue, fine, at the moment it’s just 2 extremes shouting at each other and not listenening.

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Just for complete clarity, the people I'm referring to in my post are those here, and elsewhere, who call antifa fascists, or claim that the far right and antifa are "the same". Seeing as you haven't done this, and just disavowed that ridiculous idea as well, that post isn't about you at all.

(Likewise when "white people" are referred to--"generalised about"--and whatever's being referred to doesn't apply to you.)

Am I still allowed to think that Antifa are a shower of wankers?

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Am I still allowed to think that Antifa are a shower of wankers?

As a shower of wankers protecting the lives of people who want them dead, I think they'll have the stones to manage if you go on thinking that. :wink:

So a white policeman kills a black man, in two seperate cases, both men have been terminated from their employment.one man charged with murder, the second may be also. Black lives matter no dispute from me, blacks undeniably have been treated differently, I have not had enough involvement to offer a true opinion or judgement  I do wonder though when a black man has been murdered what justice or satisfying revenge is there in burning to the ground a Wendys restaurant that had no involvement other. than an allegedly impaired driver fell asleep in their drive through lane attracting the attention of a police officer. What factors does this raise in the fight to get it understood that black lives matter, I am somewhat perplexed.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

So a white policeman kills a black man, in two seperate cases, both men have been terminated from their employment.one man charged with murder, the second may be also. Black lives matter no dispute from me, blacks undeniably have been treated differently, I have not had enough involvement to offer a true opinion or judgement  I do wonder though when a black man has been murdered what justice or satisfying revenge is there in burning to the ground a Wendys restaurant that had no involvement other. than an allegedly impaired driver fell asleep in their drive through lane attracting the attention of a police officer. What factors does this raise in the fight to get it understood that black lives matter, I am somewhat perplexed.

Be perplexed no more: That Wendy's was burnt down by a masked white woman. It'll be interesting as more information comes out to see what the full story is. To quote one of the Black individuals who filmed the incident: “Look at this white girl. Look at the white girl trying to burn down the Wendy’s. This wasn’t us.”

Not to say she couldn't be an extremist who is in favour of the BLM movement. That's why I'm curious to see, once she is located, what's really going on.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

As a shower of wankers protecting the lives of people who want them dead, I think they'll have the stones to manage if you go on thinking that. :wink:

It was you I'm asking, not them. I don't give a shit what they think.

Over the years I've been aggresively shouted down and the recipient of veiled and open threats when attempting to engage in discussion with folk sporting assorted ANTIFA insignia and banners at various demenstrations. Aparently not being anti-facist enough or anti-racist enough so as to dare question some of their actions/views makes me Nazi scum, amongst other undesirable things.
I would suggest that some of the more zealous members or hangers-on would do well to reacquaint themselves with that most fitting quote from Beyond Good and Evil. It often appears that their primary instinct is to burn the whole shitshow to the ground, and hell mendeth all of us.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Over the years I've been aggresively shouted down and the recipient of veiled and open threats when attempting to engage in discussion with folk sporting assorted ANTIFA insignia and banners at various demenstrations. Aparently not being anti-facist enough or anti-racist enough so as to dare question some of their actions/views makes me Nazi scum, amongst other undesirable things.

I would suggest that some of the more zealous members or hangers-on would do well to reacquaint themselves with that most fitting quote from Beyond Good and Evil. It often appears that their primary instinct is to burn the whole shitshow to the ground, and hell mendeth all of us.

Tbh your experiences are almost verbatim what I've heard from Celtic supporters I've spoken to who really dislike Hearts. I've chided them for their response to their similar experiences, calling us Diets and Huns without the bus fare (worse than "shower of wankers", tbf). They've let the few "more zealous members", who are not even representative of the whole in any real way, make that whole look bad in their eyes.

So yeah, I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. That said, my analogy ultimately fails anyway because Celtic supporters are only in love with pretending to either be downtrodden and oppressed or showily care for the same. Maybe all the "more boisterous" Antifa types you've encountered are just pretending too, but it's possible some have been subject to some real shit in life thanks to the structural forces they've pitted themselves against. If so, then the way they've chosen to express their anger may be unhelpful, but it would not be entirely unjustified.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Tbh your experiences are almost verbatim what I've heard from Celtic supporters I've spoken to who really dislike Hearts. 

:D I don't give a shit what they think either. 👍

To be fair, I know a few folk who are sort of involved around the fringes of Antifa and they are generally good folk with good intentions. I maintain however that any loose organisation that courts and encourages anarcists and their middle-class pseudo cousins will have to deal with the unwanted trouble and attention that inevitably follows.

The majority of people have no beef with positive change, but draw the line way before bloody revolution.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You do seem to care what they think though. I’ve never encountered them, what demos was it?

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be fair, I know a few folk who are sort of involved around the fringes of Antifa and they are generally good folk with good intentions. I maintain however that any loose organisation that courts and encourages anarcists and their middle-class pseudo cousins will have to deal with the unwanted trouble and attention that inevitably follows.

Absolutely.

The majority of people have no beef with positive change, but draw the line way before bloody revolution.

I'd wager that healthy societies tend to not have people calling for bloody revolution much, even in the fringes.

So then the chicken/egg question. Do we blame our societies and their structures for nurturing the conditions that lead to these attitudes? Or do we blame the reactionaries born of those conditions?

:D I don't give a shit what they think either. 👍

Kickback, unite at last! :lol:

Edited by Justin Z

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I as as usual watched the news last night What was being discussed was the Atlanta man being arrested by police.

Here is a legal analysis from a civil rights lawyer who I went to law school with. It's really long, but really good information on the state of the law in the US, if you're so inclined.

In short:

(1) Resistance Brooks put up earlier is irrelevant. He was not resisting when he was killed.

(2) The use of lethal force must be conditioned on the existence of an immediate lethal threat. Tasers are classified as non-lethal by most police departments. Therefore the argument that Brooks possessing a taser justifies his killing is invalid.

(3) A warning must be provided before lethal force is deployed. There was no warning.

(4) Brooks being shot in the back is objective proof there was no immediate lethal threat being neutralised by the use of lethal force. There is no need to speculate further.

Conclusion: Brooks' constitutional rights were violated and a civil claim for wrongful death is available to his family with a high likelihood of success.

Edited by Justin Z

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Here is a legal analysis from a civil rights lawyer who I went to law school with. It's really long, but really good information on the state of the law in the US, if you're so inclined.

In short:

(1) Resistance Brooks put up earlier is irrelevant. He was not resisting when he was killed.

(2) The use of lethal force must be conditioned on the existence of an immediate lethal threat. Tasers are classified as non-lethal by most police departments. Therefore the argument that Brooks possessing a taser justifies his killing is invalid.

(3) A warning must be provided before lethal force is deployed. There was no warning.

(4) Brooks being shot in the back is objective proof there was no immediate lethal threat being neutralised by the use of lethal force. There is no need to speculate further.

Conclusion: Brooks' constitutional rights were violated and a civil claim for wrongful death is available to his family with a high likelihood of success.

I certainly wouldn't argue with that, there just it seems no full appreciation anymore especially in the U.S exactly what the result of lethal force is, most often death, 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

In short:

No disagreement with any of that, there seems to be a misunderstanding that I never had as to what lethal force means and with that the ramifications resulting from misuse of that death causing action. I may be simplifying things too much but I honestly believe the intimidating array of equipment worn by police officers now gives them an I am insurmountable outlook. Equipment belts, gun, taser,pepper spray, semi automatic weapons, what does seem to get lost is the responsibility that comes with these items, some of which are used for the purpose of lethal force. To me it has been clearly shown that something is far wrong in the administration of discipline within some police forces. A man with eighteen disciplinary offences is still not only employed, but is given the task of training a recruit who has had formal police training, and is now in the charge of an officer who should be showing him how it is used on the streets. The lesson it seems was career ending for both.

Not police related but I personally have been in a situation where I was  before mission ordered if there was a deviation from what was laid out I would be entitled to use lethal force.  The only requirement was to warn the individual three times that lethal force would betakenMy warnings were ignored and I had a sub machine gum under the mans chin ready to pull the tigger when his reason for disobedience was revealed and was actually quite innocent. I never revealed to my superiors what had happened in case I would be punished for not taking action, or worse used as a scapegoat because of my action interfering with ongoing peace talks.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You do seem to care what they think though. I’ve never encountered them, what demos was it?

You've misunderstood what it was that I don't care about.

First time would probably be the G8 summit. Arseholes on the Meadows and up the mound. 

Geoff the Mince and I occasionally toddle along to assorted marches/demos/counter demos out of general interest and for a spy the carry-on that often ensues.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

So then the chicken/egg question. Do we blame our societies and their structures for nurturing the conditions that lead to these attitudes? Or do we blame the reactionaries born of those conditions?

If social scientists and philosophers of all types have been fretting over it for centuries we're unlikely to get the bottom of it here. :D

I'd say these things are genuinely cyclical and continually feed back into themselves. That and some folk are just outright arseholes with little regard for the plight of their fellow beings.

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've misunderstood what it was that I don't care about.

First time would probably be the G8 summit. Arseholes on the Meadows and up the mound. 

Geoff the Mince and I occasionally toddle along to assorted marches/demos/counter demos out of general interest and for a spy the carry-on that often ensues.

Whatever happened to Geoff?

54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

There is lots of chat on this thread. Mainly posters just engaging at hominem arguments granted. 

However, ........

I think nearly everyone on this thread agrees that’s there is a issue, but do people actually have any constructive suggestions on how things are improved? I think most people are just getting caught up in singular arguments and believe nearly everyone is agreed on larger issue other than the ‘odd’ poster 

I understand it easier to be angry than be constructive, however, what actions are people wanting governments/society to take to improve the situation? What specific action are people wanting taken.

I don't have a comprehensive plan, but a few things spring to mind:

- History being taught in a way which doesn't gloss over the slave trade, for example, or the use of force during colonisation.

- For it to become abnormal to e.g. still call John Terry the greatest captain of the Premier League era.

- Perhaps more controversial, but I'd suggest that attitudes to minorities and other disadvantaged people should become a more normal part of the interview questioning for public sector jobs.

- More focus on achieving fairer practical outcomes for non-white people, rather than it being enough for white people to reassure themselves that they are "not racist".

- Generally, more willingness to self-question - chances are that almost all of us who grew up in a majority white culture will have some unconscious bias. Most of us will admit to being a little biased towards our own team when discussing refereeing decisions, etc., so I think it makes sense to do the same for the race issue.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whatever happened to Geoff?

Banished to the spice mines of Kessel for the careless deployment of some controversial terminology following our cup final defeat to the provisional sporting wing.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Always had you pegged as an agitator😂

In the perpetual drudgery of modern existence it's sometimes nice to feel a part of the historical process in some small way.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

what actions are people wanting governments/society to take to improve the situation? What specific action are people wanting taken?

Free beer on Sundays and Mondays off work.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Banished to the spice mines of Kessel for the careless deployment of some controversial terminology following our cup final defeat to the provisional sporting wing.

👍

I thought his posts were okay.

21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tell that to that young lassie on the train in Australia, who was attacked by many BLM pacifist gentlemen, just for being white. Punched and volleyed. 

I'm sure you'll find it, if you look. It'll be next to the nice BLM people in London. Or the Mexican motorcycle cop who had petrol poured over him and set on fire. Or the journalist set upon by the peace loving BLM fella. 

Yes, strange how these lovely folk of BLM and Antifa never make the main news. 

Don't worry Justin or yourself will be along soon to tell us how good these folk are and I'm mistaken. 

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

Edited by ri Alban

A 6-block neighbourhood in Seattle which was declared an autonomous zone and centre of the BLM movement in the city has hit the headlines again after Fox News made a hilarious error.

Over the last few weeks it's become a hub of activism, art, music and education on race issues.

One big party.

City Police aren't that bothered about it.

Desperate for a bad news story coming out of that neighbourhood, Fox News seized on what they alleged was infighting between the residents and ran an entire story on it after one Reddit poster said:
"I didn't vote for Raz (Raz Simone, a rapper and the public face of the neighbourhood)"

"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it turns to act as a sort of executive office for the week."

Of course, anybody who knows anything knows that this is a quote from Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

:gok:

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thanks for reply 

👍

To elaborate a bit more, I've recently been reminded of the modern studies textbook I used at school, which I know was also used by a friend in another part of Scotland. It did explain the historical roots of the racial inequalities in the US and how they led to differences in education, crime rates and so on, but went on to talk at length about poverty in black majority neighbourhoods, and ended up giving quite a one-dimensional picture of almost all poor people in the US being black, and major cities being made up of black "ghettoes" surrounded by white suburbs. There were also parts about family breakdown in the "ghetto" which talked of a culture where "men father children and then move on, and women are left as the heads of increasingly dysfunctional families". 

I might have been in my 30s before I actually got to know any black people well, so until then, the above was a large part of what I had to go on. I've now twice been romantically involved with black women who had children from previous relationships, and realistically, this kind of teaching probably prejudiced me towards the fathers. I don't massively beat myself up about that, but the point is that most of us grew up in an environment where this kind of thing continues to go unchallenged, so we probably have a fair bit to unlearn.

(The last section of chapter 2 of this current SQA endorsed book is similar:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=R6u2CgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=National+4+%26+5+Modern+Studies:+World+Powers+and+International+Issues+By+Frank+Cooney,+George+Clarke,+Pauline+Kelly&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjuuq3h5ITqAhVToVwKHSzHCLsQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=National 4 %26 5 Modern Studies%3A World Powers and International Issues By Frank Cooney%2C George Clarke%2C Pauline Kelly&f=false )

38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tell that to that young lassie on the train in Australia, who was attacked by many BLM pacifist gentlemen, just for being white. Punched and volleyed. 

I'm sure you'll find it, if you look. It'll be next to the nice BLM people in London. Or the Mexican motorcycle cop who had petrol poured over him and set on fire. Or the journalist set upon by the peace loving BLM fella. 

Don't worry Justin or yourself will be along soon to tell us how good these folk are and I'm mistaken. 

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

The girl was beaten by Black women. Horrendous human beings. 

Hopefully the Polis will jail the lot of them. 

Edited by ri Alban

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

If you want discuss stuff please give links, it’s the least you can do. 

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If social scientists and philosophers of all types have been fretting over it for centuries we're unlikely to get the bottom of it here. :D

I'd say these things are genuinely cyclical and continually feed back into themselves. That and some folk are just outright arseholes with little regard for the plight of their fellow beings.

And let me tell you what an unending reminder of that truth I have had throughout this pandemic. People not wearing masks that can't wait 30 seconds or stay the **** away from me because they might be carrying a potentially deadly infectious disease. Just astounding.

Edited by Justin Z

Hey, what do you know? Fancy that!

Latest testing shows no big spike in COVID-19 cases due to protests, as thousands wear masks

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan’s office says it’s seeing no evidence so far that protesters are testing positive for COVID-19 at higher rates than normal after attending protests.

In an online update, mayoral spokesperson Kamaria Hightower wrote that “results are in from UW Medicine, and out of 3,000 tests, fewer than 1% were positive.”

Hightower provided further detail in a follow-up email to GeekWire. “For the free citywide testing results, less than 1% have returned positive,” she wrote. “Individuals are not required to share their history of attending demonstrations; however, a field on the appointment software form does ask your reason for attending, and some have cited their reasoning as having attended a protest.”

It's been two weeks since the first Seattle protests. Seems wearing masks does work after all, and while those absolute morons in the States storming state capitols with guns for haircuts and chain restaurants and nail salons weren't wearing masks, and spread the virus all over the place, the high level of mask wearing at the BLM protests seems to have protected people.

Brilliant. :biggrin2:

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Cade said:

A 6-block neighbourhood in Seattle which was declared an autonomous zone and centre of the BLM movement in the city has hit the headlines again after Fox News made a hilarious error.

Over the last few weeks it's become a hub of activism, art, music and education on race issues.

One big party.

City Police aren't that bothered about it.

Desperate for a bad news story coming out of that neighbourhood, Fox News seized on what they alleged was infighting between the residents and ran an entire story on it after one Reddit poster said:
"I didn't vote for Raz (Raz Simone, a rapper and the public face of the neighbourhood)"

"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it turns to act as a sort of executive office for the week."

Of course, anybody who knows anything knows that this is a quote from Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

:gok:

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Hey, what do you know? Fancy that!

Latest testing shows no big spike in COVID-19 cases due to protests, as thousands wear masks

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan’s office says it’s seeing no evidence so far that protesters are testing positive for COVID-19 at higher rates than normal after attending protests.

In an online update, mayoral spokesperson Kamaria Hightower wrote that “results are in from UW Medicine, and out of 3,000 tests, fewer than 1% were positive.”

Hightower provided further detail in a follow-up email to GeekWire. “For the free citywide testing results, less than 1% have returned positive,” she wrote. “Individuals are not required to share their history of attending demonstrations; however, a field on the appointment software form does ask your reason for attending, and some have cited their reasoning as having attended a protest.”

It's been two weeks since the first Seattle protests. Seems wearing masks does work after all, and while those absolute morons in the States storming state capitols with guns for haircuts and chain restaurants and nail salons weren't wearing masks, and spread the virus all over the place, the high level of mask wearing at the BLM protests seems to have protected people.

Brilliant. :biggrin2:

Love it. 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

You really do post some shit on here. 

Take a break FFS. 

doctor jambo
11 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

There is lots of chat on this thread. Mainly posters just engaging at hominem arguments granted. 

However, ........

I think nearly everyone on this thread agrees that’s there is a issue, but do people actually have any constructive suggestions on how things are improved? I think most people are just getting caught up in singular arguments and believe nearly everyone is agreed on larger issue other than the ‘odd’ poster 

I understand it easier to be angry than be constructive, however, what actions are people wanting governments/society to take to improve the situation? What specific action are people wanting taken.

Action on poverty mainly.

In my life all is see is white poverty and disadvantage, and BAME wealth and privilege - living as I do in a west coast seaside town and my kids attending private school where they have 90% BAME friends.

Im sure if the vast swathes if BAME kids at private schools (disproportionate vs white population) were studied there would be racism directed against them but no career disadvantage. 

Many of their parents are pretty racist too, and certainly misogynist.

All races are racist, probably equally.

Its jus the ones at the bottom of the pyramid of poverty have most to moan about , as they commit most crime, so are targeted by cops or seen as a criminal underclass.

In our neck of the woods I doubt cops are targeting our few black/ Indian /Chinese families because they Are all weAlthy business owners/ dentists.

The cops are busy targeting the poor white underclass or people who resemble them

Ron Burgundy
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tell that to that young lassie on the train in Australia, who was attacked by many BLM pacifist gentlemen, just for being white. Punched and volleyed

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

I saw that. Disgusting.

Not seen it anywhere other than Facebook though.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I saw that. Disgusting.

Yeah, my Mrs showed me it. 

All these scumbags on both sides need to get a grip. Hopefully it's OK to judge both, without being classed as either. 

Hopefully people will show the same emotions for the kids that Marcus Rashford has, who are starving in this country irrelevant of the groups people like to put each other in. It's scandalous that a country like this, can allow this to happen. 

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah, my Mrs showed me it. 

All these scumbags on both sides need to get a grip. Hopefully it's OK to judge both, without being classed as either

Hopefully people will show the same emotions for the kids that Marcus Rashford has, who are starving in this country irrelevant of the groups people like to put each other in. It's scandalous that a country like this, can allow this to happen. 

Well that's not going to happen. It's clear if you think like that then you're racist from some of the previous posts.

Even statistics are racist nowadays.

The world isn't going to end up a better place after all this IMO.

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Well that's not going to happen. It's clear if you think like that then you're racist from some of the previous posts.

Even statistics are racist nowadays.

The world isn't going to end up a better place after all this IMO.

I thought it would be better after this. But it seems it could be worse. Depressing! 

If we voted in better people to represent us, instead of tribalism, where its pin the rosettes on the Party of choice. We'd probably have a better society. And we need to stop the abuse of people who dare to question the members of the party you vote for. NS needs to be scrutinised, Boris needs to be scrutinised. But this scrutiny must be fair, and factual. Not two different sets of data, used as propaganda.

Let's get folk elected who want to serve the people, not themselves. 

And... 

Sorry, ican't praise Marcus Rashford enough. He will get what he's fighting for, because he's going about it the right way. And people like Theresa Coffey can get themselves to feck. 

Rant over! 

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

CoVID and Boris’s Bucks  has given you a free Mon - Sunday off work. Free beer seems a bit greedy 

Oh I'm pretty sorted on that front for now LBJ, I'm just looking out for everyone else. 

It's the benevolent utilitarian in me.

10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

aah your legacy.

Legacies aren't for folks like me.

Tarkin just pawn in game of life.

20200616_091419.png

10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And Who's Tony Timpa? 

I've seen a video which sounds like the one you describe, but as it didn't show the build up it's impossible to say what provoked the attack.

How are you so sure it was a racist attack?

I saw a Twitter thread recently where black people hit white people who racially abused them, with a bit of editing every clip could be made to look like an unprovoked attack.

Edited by fancy a brew

8 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I've seen a video which sounds like the one you describe, but as it didn't show the build up it's impossible to say what provoked the attack.

How are you so sure it was a racist attack?

I saw a Twitter thread recently where black people hit white people who racially abused them, *with a bit of editing every clip could be made to look like an unprovoked attack.

Yes, that's always in the back of the mind, but to say she might have deserved it, that would blow anyone's argument about other incidents right out the water. Would it not. Violence is either wrong or it isn't. 

37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yes, that's always in the back of the mind, but to say she might have deserved it, that would blow anyone's argument about other incidents right out the water. Would it not. Violence is either wrong or it isn't. 

No question violence is wrong, but there can be mitigating circumstances, and it was a pretty vicious doing whatever the build up, but I think it's difficult to judge the rights or wrongs of the situation from the short clip I saw. 

I won't post the video, but it's on this guy's timeline if anyone wants to see it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sotiridi1

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Good news, glad it’s all sortred out 👍

Furlough extended until October with the option to pull me back in if/when things pick up.

Some breathing space at least. 👍

Furlough extended until October with the option to pull me back in if/when things pick up.

Some breathing space at least. 👍

:thumb: 

Rather than implementing the hundreds of recommendations that previous racism reports have made, the Government is simply ordering another new one.

Which expert have they chosen to chair this new review?

Munira Mirza, a Tory HQ adviser who has previous for saying that "institutionalised racism is more of a perception than a fact" and that "previous racism inquiries are only fostering a culture of grievance".

Her first appointment?

Trevor Phillips, who has called British Muslims "a nation within a nation".

So, putting two racists in charge of a racism inquiry.

But as she's brown and he's black, the Tories will claim that it's fair and balanced.

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I saw that. Disgusting.

Can you show us all what happened I can’t find anything.

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

No question violence is wrong, but there can be mitigating circumstances, and it was a pretty vicious doing whatever the build up, but I think it's difficult to judge the rights or wrongs of the situation from the short clip I saw. 

I won't post the video, but it's on this guy's timeline if anyone wants to see it.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Can you show us all what happened I can’t find anything.

Scroll down the link. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scroll down the link. 

As it’s been said that is disgusting but who knows the circumstances, doesn’t excuse it though. Australia has had its own racism problems for a long time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7744529/A-revealing-snapshot-unhappiest-trusting-racist-places-Australia.html

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Rather than implementing the hundreds of recommendations that previous racism reports have made, the Government is simply ordering another new one.

Which expert have they chosen to chair this new review?

Munira Mirza, a Tory HQ adviser who has previous for saying that "institutionalised racism is more of a perception than a fact" and that "previous racism inquiries are only fostering a culture of grievance".

Her first appointment?

Trevor Phillips, who has called British Muslims "a nation within a nation".

So, putting two racists in charge of a racism inquiry.

But as she's brown and he's black, the Tories will claim that it's fair and balanced.

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.

So typical of them. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Cheers, watched it now. Doesn’t look like a protest though just a strange pile on for whatever reason. Hopefully they were caught.