Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As it’s been said that is disgusting but who knows the circumstances, doesn’t excuse it though. Australia has had its own racism problems for a long time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7744529/A-revealing-snapshot-unhappiest-trusting-racist-places-Australia.html

👍

Australia's immigration policy is probably the most racist in the world. And folk here champion it. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍

Australia's immigration policy is probably the most racist in the world. And folk here champion it. 

Just saw another video of two Chinese girls attacked in April apparently about Covid 19. Only right wingers champion it.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Just saw another video of two Chinese girls attacked in April apparently about Covid 19. Only right wingers champion it.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scumbags! 

4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

No question violence is wrong, but there can be mitigating circumstances, and it was a pretty vicious doing whatever the build up, but I think it's difficult to judge the rights or wrongs of the situation from the short clip I saw. 

I won't post the video, but it's on this guy's timeline if anyone wants to see it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sotiridi1

It was a vicious assault on a young woman, what circumstances would have justified it?

Ron Burgundy
14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It was a vicious assault on a young woman, what circumstances would have justified it?

Maybe she refused to bend down and kiss their shoes.

I saw a video of white woman bending down and kissing the boots of black protestors.

What a time to be alive :sad:

Justified? Where are you getting that from? I said violence is wrong. However self defence or provocation could be mitigating factors. I hope nobody ever tried to steal your dinner money.

I also said it was a vicious doing whatever the circumstances.

8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I just answered this mitigating circumstances bull crap and erased it because anyone suggesting that  this could in any way be justified is beyond any for of human undrstanding

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Justified? Where are you getting that from? I said violence is wrong. However self defence or provocation could be mitigating factors. I hope nobody ever tried to steal your dinner money.

Things can be misconstrued in posts but it did look like you were looking for an excuse as it was black on white violence.

You said it was difficult to judge the right or wrong of the situation when clearly it's wrong.

What would have made it right?

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Self defence or provocation could be a mitigating factor what a load of rubbish.  A grown man punches a young,defenceless woman, what could she have done that justified that, and your example of a wee lassie stealing dinner money was that the best example of justification you can give, sad comments.

Just now, Sharpie said:

I just answered this mitigating circumstances bull crap and erased it because anyone suggesting that  this could in any way be justified is beyond any for of human undrstanding

There is a difference, thought you of all people, with your experience of the law, would know that.

Screenshot_20200616-152654~2.png

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Self defence or provocation could be a mitigating factor what a load of rubbish.  A grown man punches a young,defenceless woman, what could she have done that justified that, and your example of a wee lassie stealing dinner money was that the best example of justification you can give, sad comments.

For the third time, there's a difference between mitigating and justified.

4 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

How do you know it was a man?

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It’s not justified but there has to be a reason they did that, they had handbags etc they weren’t on a rampage. Something must’ve happened before it for someone to get their phone out and start videoing it. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Did you not say up there that self defence was ok for cops, not anyone else then?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Incredible some people looking for some tiny justification of that. Just incredible.

At no point has anyone said its justified, just looking for a reason.

On 15/06/2020 at 11:03, Cade said:

The whole point is that although this may be in Law, it is not as is should be in every day life.

We had a report out last week from the UK's blood transfusion service detailing the bullying, lower pay, less career progression and sidelining of BAME workers.

This week we've had the covid-19 BAME report leaked (the bits the government tried to hide), which details that BAME NHS workers are more likely to die because they didn't want to be seen rocking the boat, asking for more PPE or otherwise drawing attention to themselves due to systemic racism in the NHS.

It runs deep in every strata of society.

Sorry but this is just utter BS - a reinvention of the truth. Go and read the Coronavirus thread. There was not enough PPE available in the NHS full stop - for people of any race!  I was banging on about it on that very thread before the media even picked up on it, as my wife told me about it...The shortages of PPE pre-dated the observation that it was affecting BAME people disproportionately.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you not say up there that self defence was ok for cops, not anyone else then?

Self defence is justified for anyone, however the level of self defence in my understanding is limited to achieving defence, continuance of the self defence act then in itself could become an as

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That snideness doesn't even justify and answer, its almost as bad as the wee lassie  stealing dinner tickets comment. Why would self defence not be o.k for cops, I as a cop certainly defended myself on many occasions, and as a non cop and as a soldier have also done so. There is a big difference between self defence and kneeling on a mans neck for nine minutes, there is a big difference between self defence and shooting an unarmed defenceless man. There is a difference between self defence and punching a defenceless sitting woman with extreme violence. but then if I have t explain that to you, discussion is fruitless.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sharpie said:

Self defence is justified for anyone, however the level of self defence in my understanding is limited to achieving defence, continuance of the self defence act then in itself could become an as

That snideness doesn't even justify and answer, its almost as bad as the wee lassie  stealing dinner tickets comment. Why would self defence not be o.k for cops, I as a cop certainly defended myself on many occasions, and as a non cop and as a soldier have also done so. There is a big difference between self defence and kneeling on a mans neck for nine minutes, there is a big difference between self defence and shooting an unarmed defenceless man. There is a difference between self defence and punching a defenceless sitting woman with extreme violence. but then if I have t explain that to you, discussion is fruitless.

Just asking a question, you’re aggressive answer says a lot. We have no idea what provoked these people but we agree their actions were unwarranted. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not justified but there has to be a reason they did that, they had handbags etc they weren’t on a rampage. Something must’ve happened before it for someone to get their phone out and start videoing it. 

Maybe it was premeditated. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I honestly couldn't think of any reason to go to Australia , perhaps  the sunshine but I can get that in Europe.  It has absolutely zero culture , class or style. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I honestly couldn't think of any reason to go to Australia , perhaps  the sunshine but I can get that in Europe.  It has absolutely zero culture , class or style. 

Not on my bucket list let’s say.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Not on my bucket list let’s say.

Never has been on mine. 

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just asking a question, you’re aggressive answer says a lot.

What does it say?

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Incredible some people looking for some tiny justification of that. Just incredible.

49 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Things can be misconstrued in posts but it did look like you were looking for an excuse as it was black on white violence.

You said it was difficult to judge the right or wrong of the situation when clearly it's wrong.

What would have made it right?

All we have to go on is what we see in the video, my point is there may(or may not) be more to the story. Two posters have said a man carried out the attack, that wasn't obvious from the video to me, so I think it's a reasonable question. 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Been there twice to visit relatives.
Had a great time but to stay there it’s a no from me.

9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

All we have to go on is what we see in the video, my point is there may(or may not) be more to the story. Two posters have said a man carried out the attack, that wasn't obvious from the video to me, so I think it's a reasonable question. 

Cooler head prevailing, your first point yes we can only go on what we see. I saw what I assessed because of hand size, the thrown punch, basically body movement and size, but yes it quite possibly was a woman. I also saw  and I again do not know the relevance, but what appeared to me a fairly lightly built young white girl being punched very hard in the face. I saw no aggressive reaction, only an appearance of surprise and fear. From the evidence as presented minimal as it is, it looked to me more an act of aggression than defence from another blow. I have no idea what stimulated the attack, one hand I saw looked black, is it possible something racial was said, absolutely, if so what mitigating circumstance could justify that physical assault for a verbal assault'. We all see the world and its happenings through the glass of personal experience. I saw thirty six years of it, was a participant in violent incidents, saw the victims suffer life changing injuries, saw good people slip into. violent rage and they also suffered life damaged reputations as a result. Unjustified over use of force by anyone, including police, military or any other authority is wrong, I personally and I am no angel, but have after this many years have grown up and matured and know violence satisfies nothing.

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just asking a question, you’re aggressive answer says a lot. We have no idea what provoked these people but we agree their actions were unwarranted. 

If you think that was an aggressive answer don't ever piss me off.😇

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

If you think that was an aggressive answer don't ever piss me off.😇

Don’t ever tell me what to do.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Action on poverty mainly.

In my life all is see is white poverty and disadvantage, and BAME wealth and privilege - living as I do in a west coast seaside town and my kids attending private school where they have 90% BAME friends.

Im sure if the vast swathes if BAME kids at private schools (disproportionate vs white population) were studied there would be racism directed against them but no career disadvantage. 

Many of their parents are pretty racist too, and certainly misogynist.

All races are racist, probably equally.

Its jus the ones at the bottom of the pyramid of poverty have most to moan about , as they commit most crime, so are targeted by cops or seen as a criminal underclass.

In our neck of the woods I doubt cops are targeting our few black/ Indian /Chinese families because they Are all weAlthy business owners/ dentists.

The cops are busy targeting the poor white underclass or people who resemble them

Interesting.

It has been well known for some time that the worst group in the country in terms of educational outcomes are poor white boys (some of whom no doubt grow up to be the think white adults stereotyped so often but who never are given the excuse of having  being underprivileged). 

Nationally for all who complete secondary education the average percentage going to university is 35%. For Chinese the percentage is almost double,  for (other) Asians substantially above average, for blacks just above average, for whites less than 30%.

There are no doubt lots of factors contributing to this. Non-white parents recognising the importance of education. The children of our Chinese neighbours have hardly been seen since lock down because their parents insist on them doing school  work at home while the white kids in the street seem to spend most of their time on their bikes. White parents assuming that being white is good enough to succeed without trying too hard.

But the stats suggest that the whole issue of disadvantage is quite a bit more complex than can be summarised on a placard with a few trite words. "No-one is equal until everyone is equal" for example.

Edited by Francis Albert

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Interesting.

It has been well known for some time that the worst group in the country in terms of educational outcomes are poor white boys (some of whom no doubt grow up to be the think white adults stereotyped so often but who never are given the excuse of having  being underprivileged). 

Nationally for all who complete secondary education the average percentage going to university is 35%. For Chinese the percentage is almost double,  for (other) Asians substantially above average, for blacks just above average, for whites less than 30%.

There are no doubt lots of factors contributing to this. Non-white parents recognising the importance of education. The children of our Chinese neighbours have hardly been seen since lock down because their parents insist on them doing school  work at home while the white kids in the street seem to spend most of their time on their bikes. White parents assuming that being white is good enough to succeed without trying too hard.

But the stats suggest that the whole issue of disadvantage is quite a bit more complex than can be summarised on a placard with a few trite words. "No-one is equal until everyone is equal" for example.

Poverty is the main obstacle to further education , whether people are black or white. As you say low expectations and aspirations . often generational can  contribute too. I recall asking a 16 years old girl  i supported and asked her what she wanted to do career or college wise  and her answer was to " go on the sick" ( her mum was on " the sick)  !! Of Course this was just one example of very low aspirations and I don't want to stereotype a certain section of society but I found it depressing to say the least. Happily i have supported other kids who managed to self motivate and improve their life chances by working / college despite  any encouragement  from their parent or parents.  Its a complicated dynamic but there is a real poverty of education for people now due to Uni grants etc being cut and tuition fees.  I feel for any young people from deprived backgrounds who attempt to. 

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

So one cop in Atlanta charged with murder and ten other charges. The second cop has two disciplinary charges for breach of Department policy, but he has offered to give evidence for the Prosecution so charges will be put on hold.

Edited by Sharpie

On 16/06/2020 at 13:03, ri Alban said:

👍

In what way is it racist?

25 minutes ago, jake said:

In what way is it racist?

I know Australia was very racist in their immigration policy some years ago but I thought that had changed an is now pretty much as accepted everywhere else.

Ron Burgundy
11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

No photo description available.

If it's confirmed that the statue was indeed a drug riddled violent criminal then I for one am glad that it is gone.

Any other pieces of stone that act in a similar way deserve the same fate.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Check out the story and some of the videos from Bethel, Ohio. Astonishing stuff. Murica.

7 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Check out the story and some of the videos from Bethel, Ohio. Astonishing stuff. Murica.

Is that the place where 700 gun nuts and racists busses themselves in and lay siege?

Threatening and intimidating people who have lived in that town for generations.

One of them sucker punched a black man right in front of a police officer, no action taken.

6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

To be avoided by folk like me with dodgy knees. I also do ‘Stay seated if you hate Hibees‘ when at Tynie.

Carry a spare shoe in your pocket and just wave it about over your head when that song is sung. ;)

35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Carry a spare shoe in your pocket and just wave it about over your head when that song is sung. ;)

Not needed, when they Feck off to the Scrapheap in the sky. 

:fth:

I P Knightley

I've been reading that there are moves to abolish "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" from being sung by England rugby supporters. I wonder if we could throw in a request for Flower of Scotland at the same time?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53096584

What's making me smile is the avoidance of confronting the reason that the song made its way into the Twickenham crowds. It's been a 'rugby' song as long as I've been involved in the game - i.e. the 1970s in Edinburgh. It has nothing to do with English rugby* and everything to do with the Juan King hand gesture to accompany "coming for to carry me home". 

* Some would claim (and the man does himself) that it really caught on at Twickenham when Martin 'Chariots' Offiah played there in a Middlesex sevens tournament. A few drunken wags in the crowd made the link between his nickname and the song we'd all sung in rugby clubhouses and on buses for years before that. If, instead of Offiah, it had been someone called something like Abe Lincoln playing, the 'official' song of the RFU crowds could have been Father Abraham. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Flower of Scotland; we got by perfectly well with Scotland the Brave through the 1970s. Harrrumph!!

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Scotland the Brave ffs! 
We can dig up Harry Lauder to lead the singing while mini-kilted babes hand out free shortbread!
Why not go the whole hog and choose ‘Donald Where’s Yer Troosers?’

Donald where's yer troosers fits more closely with flower of Scotland than Scotland the Brave in my not so humble opinion. 

John Findlay
16 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I've been reading that there are moves to abolish "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" from being sung by England rugby supporters. I wonder if we could throw in a request for Flower of Scotland at the same time?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53096584

What's making me smile is the avoidance of confronting the reason that the song made its way into the Twickenham crowds. It's been a 'rugby' song as long as I've been involved in the game - i.e. the 1970s in Edinburgh. It has nothing to do with English rugby* and everything to do with the Juan King hand gesture to accompany "coming for to carry me home". 

* Some would claim (and the man does himself) that it really caught on at Twickenham when Martin 'Chariots' Offiah played there in a Middlesex sevens tournament. A few drunken wags in the crowd made the link between his nickname and the song we'd all sung in rugby clubhouses and on buses for years before that. If, instead of Offiah, it had been someone called something like Abe Lincoln playing, the 'official' song of the RFU crowds could have been Father Abraham. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Flower of Scotland; we got by perfectly well with Scotland the Brave through the 1970s. Harrrumph!!

I think you will find that for all our three games at the 74 World Cup, God save the Queen was the national anthem played for us. 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I think you will find that for all our three games at the 74 World Cup, God save the Queen was the national anthem played for us. 

As it should be!

Funny how complaining about anti-racism protests and anti-Scotland posts go hand in hand. Unionists really are a sad bunch