Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Correct, at 17/18 years of age, very few players move upwards to somewhere where they will be first choice, being included in the first team squad at least means he only has to perform better than the current custodian of his starting spot

Exactly. He also has a new language and culture to learn and adapt to so seems a good move.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Better Call Kyle :

Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my coach Beppe Iachini,” Maurizio Zamparini, the owner, told Radio 24 in 2014.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

"on the hunt" 😂😂😂

I miss, yet I don't miss those days. 

The best days where when the hunter became the hunted! 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

So the auction with massive clubs trying to outbid each other is a myth.  

It is if Celtic were one of any two involved.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So the auction with massive clubs trying to outbid each other is a myth.  

Does anyone know for sure who's bid or was interested in him ?

August Landmesser

Talk on twitter that it's a loan with an obligation to buy, €2m loan fee. A loophole to screw Celtic?

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Talk on twitter that it's a loan with an obligation to buy, €2m loan fee. A loophole to screw Celtic?

Doesn't really make sense - after the loan he'll be out of contract. Never heard of that before. Got a link?

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Pretty sure that story was a wonky google translatio, it made little sense.

Just now, Newton51 said:

Is this loan with obligation to buy cos Bologna are skint? 

No idea if skint, but they are trying to purchase other players for money.  One costs 10mill to 12mill. I think if they can hold back paying for hickey the now they would be grateful. 

16 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Only sensible solution 

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Doesn't really make sense - after the loan he'll be out of contract. Never heard of that before. Got a link?

a loan with an option to make the move permanent is pretty common - it’s how we got Rudi first time

since then loan fee with option to buy has become more common - Rangers had that with Flamberi for example

Celtic should have had better lawyers

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is this loan with obligation to buy cos Bologna are skint? 

No , it means Celtic get virtually nought and we get all the dosh. 

NaturalOrder74

Happy we’re by the looks of it shafting celtic* but are we losing out on a sell on clause as a result ? 
I think giving that filth a bit of spare change now would have been a better result on the long term 

Riddley Walker
Just now, Jammy T said:

a loan with an option to make the move permanent is pretty common - it’s how we got Rudi first time

since then loan fee with option to buy has become more common - Rangers had that with Flamberi for example

Celtic should have had better lawyers

Even in the last year or contract? 

I must be missing something cos after the loan expires he won't be our player anymore to buy from. 

We can protect against this with shocked moving forward ie any monetary payment for Hickey from another club - loan or transfer fee, we get a percentage 

If Celtic only asked for a percentage of a permanent transfer fee it’s their contractual **** up - we have done nothing wrong or illegal

😂😂

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

I must be missing something cos after the loan expires he won't be our player anymore to buy from. 

it will be a mandatory contractual obligation to sign him

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

€2m loan fee for next season and Hickey and Bologna sign contract now for him to be their player in June 21. Three out of four interested parties happy, one not. 

I'm not sure it's to do with shafting Celtic.

I think there have been a few of these deals recently because clubs have limited cashflow at the moment. McCrorie to Aberdeen was one.

Just now, DC_92 said:

I think there have been a few of these deals recently because clubs have limited cashflow at the moment. McCrorie to Aberdeen was one.

The fee has stayed the same from early reports. 

If true our new CEO has worked the system beautifully. 

Good news- cash boost for our return to the top league, player gets his move and hopefully Celtic screwed. Just need to hear we have a sign on ourselves and job done :)

kingantti1874

How would a loan with an obligation to buy shaft Celtic? Not sure how that would work

if they paid a load fee with AH obliged to signed a deal at the end of the loan then I can see it if the contract says the clause is only applicable in the case of a permanent move

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

How would a loan with an obligation to buy shaft Celtic? Not sure how that would work

if they paid a load fee with AH obliged to signed a deal at the end of the loan then I can see it if the contract says the clause is only applicable in the case of a permanent move

Loan fee of 2million is paid which means celtic get nothing as hickey will sign a pre contract on jan 1st with bologna 👍🏻 They would be getting 30% of 0 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Loan fee of 2million is paid which means celtic get nothing as hickey will sign a pre contract on jan 1st with bologna 👍🏻 They would be getting 30% of 0 

Cool, thanks- that’s how I thought it would be initially. Must have read the above incorrectly 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

If we offer him a contract when his expires on better terms whoever takes him has to pay us a certain development fee, of which Celtic are due a %. Remember we agreed to a certain fee to allow Holt to sign for Rangers? I think 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤪?!?! It’s been explained better up there 😆.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

If that’s correct this is absolutely wonderful news 😆😂. We will probably get a fine for not acting in the best interests of another club.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

If that’s correct this is absolutely wonderful news 😆😂. We will probably get a fine for not acting in the best interests of another club.

No idea if that’s the actual deal but I Really hope it’s true the meltdown will be tremendous viewing 😂

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Its also an accounting thing, particularly with FFP. The extreme scale of which was Mbappe from Monaco to PSG, it was a year long loan with an obligation to buy him for over 100m Euros.

But dont see how it means Celtic get nothing as surely the sell on with Celtic means that any money we get Hickey, then 30% go to Celtic.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its also an accounting thing, particularly with FFP. The extreme scale of which was Mbappe from Monaco to PSG, it was a year long loan with an obligation to buy him for over 100m Euros.

But dont see how it means Celtic get nothing as surely the sell on with Celtic means that any money we get Hickey, then 30% go to Celtic.

We aren't selling him though. He will leave the club on a free transfer. 

Remember we have a boy running the place day to day who knows how these things work. 

Let's wait and see. 

A loan fee not a transfer fee.  Haud me back, that's fantastic.  Got a bottle of 🇮🇹 beer 🍻 to celebrate when he signs. 

Will look forward to his debut at his new club.  Will watch bologna fc often too. All the best wee bologna jambo hickey. 

Tutti frutti.  

addio uomo piccolissimo

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We could also have negotiated a lower amount due to Celtic. 

A lot of people maybe jumping the gun about the Celtic cut (esp on Twitter). Would love Celtic to get shafted but will not counting any chickens yet.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Notts1874 said:

We aren't selling him though. He will leave the club on a free transfer. 

Remember we have a boy running the place day to day who knows how these things work. 

Let's wait and see. 

So, is the 2 million Euros a loan fee then.  Very clever by Hearts. I expect we will see Celtic's friendly journalists in the press acting outraged.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

So, is the 2 million Euros a loan fee then.  Very clever by Hearts. I expect we will see Celtic's friendly journalists in the press acting outraged.

According to the reports from Italy yes it is. 

If its true they should be having a go at Celtic for leaving the loophole there not Hearts.