Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I think he is having to sign an extended contract with us (acc to DR) to enable the 2 year loan deal to go through and there is an obligation to buy. Therefore, rightly or wrongly, I would view it thus:-

If Bologna notified us near the end of the loan period that they did not wish to exercise their right, or cannot, then we must presume the player is still ours and we offer to extend his contract.  If he refuses to re-sign, he is free to negotiate with other clubs who must pay us a development fee and presumably Celtic will be entitled to a cut of that but not necessarily 30% as it is not a transfer as such.

Alternatively, If Bologna do sign him under the obligation then Celtic get 30% of the fee which could well be of the magnitude of the great Michael Stewart's fee.  I would dearly love that to happen.

👍   I wouldn't even want to give them 30p.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Tbh I was pretty impressed with him at hibs before he got injured. Good to see him get a permanent move where he can play regularly, doesn't matter where you're playing if you're getting farmed out on loan to a different team every 6 months there's just no chance to settle and develop. 

Sporting acted very poorly in regards to his development. He was sent out on loan to Vitoria playing top tier football and having a good loan spell, then Vitoria knocked Sporting out of the cup in controversial circumstances (think it was a goal that Sporting thought was offside.) The Sporting president threw a strop and ended Guald's loan (and another Sporting player) with Vitoria in retaliation. He had other loans but he was chucked around everywhere.

He is regarded well in Portugal so hopefully this season he continues building himself up.

27 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't really care one way or the other but I don't see why Hickey/his dad/his agent would give two hoots about what Celtic may or may not get out of it. 

His Dad is a celtic fan, by all accounts Aaron is a celtic fan, and his agent has a remarkable habit of facilitating transfers to celtic on favourable terms...I'd suggest they will give two hoots. They want the best for Aaron, and that would appear to be Bologna right now, but I doubt if they'd want to be seen to be part of a deal that effectively, deliberately screws celtic.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He is our player until the end of the current season and I believe we are loaning him for this season and he will sign permanently for them at the end of it.

Don't know about any extension to his current contract.

Extending his contract just means that we would be liable to Celtic for some or all of his development fee. As long as we don’t offer him a new contract we will be in the clear. 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think he is having to sign an extended contract with us (acc to DR) to enable the 2 year loan deal to go through and there is an obligation to buy. Therefore, rightly or wrongly, I would view it thus:-

If Bologna notified us near the end of the loan period that they did not wish to exercise their right, or cannot, then we must presume the player is still ours and we offer to extend his contract.  If he refuses to re-sign, he is free to negotiate with other clubs who must pay us a development fee and presumably Celtic will be entitled to a cut of that but not necessarily 30% as it is not a transfer as such.

Alternatively, If Bologna do sign him under the obligation then Celtic get 30% of the fee which could well be of the magnitude of the great Michael Stewart's fee.  I would dearly love that to happen.

Haven’t seen a two year loan deal mentioned until you raised it. Where is that from ? 

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Extending his contract just means that we would be liable to Celtic for some or all of his development fee. As long as we don’t offer him a new contract we will be in the clear. 

Then he decides to stay and see out the remainder of his contract. 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Haven’t seen a two year loan deal mentioned until you raised it. Where is that from ? 

Yeah I hadn’t seen either but one of the only solutions to make sense

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't really care one way or the other but I don't see why Hickey/his dad/his agent would give two hoots about what Celtic may or may not get out of it. 

Yep... Aaron gets his wage, agent gets his fee, the only thing left is for the two clubs (us and Bologna) to agree on a transfer fee... sod all to do with Celtic.

I can't see Aaron getting a dream move only for huis agent to say 'nope, call it off, cannae huv shellick no gettin a cut!'

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was mentioned on here a while back, before Bayern supposedly showed a concrete interest, but don't know if there was any substance behind it or if it was someone wishing it was going that way...

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was mentioned on here a while back, before Bayern supposedly showed a concrete interest, but don't know if there was any substance behind it or if it was someone wishing it was going that way...

There was concrete interest. Aaron and his agent visited Bayern's facilities. 

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep... Aaron gets his wage, agent gets his fee, the only thing left is for the two clubs (us and Bologna) to agree on a transfer fee... sod all to do with Celtic.

I can't see Aaron getting a dream move only for huis agent to say 'nope, call it off, cannae huv shellick no gettin a cut!'

Is it his "dream" move though?

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

His Dad is a celtic fan, by all accounts Aaron is a celtic fan, and his agent has a remarkable habit of facilitating transfers to celtic on favourable terms...I'd suggest they will give two hoots. They want the best for Aaron, and that would appear to be Bologna right now, but I doubt if they'd want to be seen to be part of a deal that effectively, deliberately screws celtic.

Much as we'd all love to screw celtic not sure 500k is all that important to them

Agreement could look like this.

Loan fee £500k.

Permanent deal £500k...Celtic get 30% of £500K

Hearts to get sell on percentage fee.

Celtic left fuming.....

1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

His Dad, Neil, is a Celtic fan. The rest of this is wrong, other than wanting the best for the lad, and possibly going to Bologna..

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Much as we'd all love to screw celtic not sure 500k is all that important to them

Normally no, but they have just lost around £35 million from the Champions League. They also have a court case due which could potentially cost £x. Their wage bill is massive as well with no income coming in. They are not in the same financial position they were a couple of weeks ago.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

everywhere mate. 

"Structuring the deal as an initial loan is common practice in Italy, as it allows clubs to spread the cost of a deal over two financial years."

That does not mean that the loan is necessarily for two years, it is a means spreading the cost over two financial years.  Probably, something up front and the rest next year could operate on the basis of a loan, with Hickey signing a two year contract with Hearts, and the purchase officially made next year.  If for any reason Bologna didn't want to proceed, Hickey would still be in the situation he is now, and would require a fee.

I would suggest these are the extra details that Ann Budge said had to be worked out.

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The deal is reported as a loan with an obligation to buy next summer, so Hickey may sign an extension to his current deal before flying out to Italy.

Structuring the deal as an initial loan is common practice in Italy, as it allows clubs to spread the cost of a deal over two financial years.

While Hickey was close to a deal with Bayern Munich, the Rossoblu were able to offer him the opportunity to play first team football.

Walter Sabatini, global sporting director for Bologna and Montreal Impact, has confirmed that he'll be the first alternative to Mitchell Dijks.

And Tynecastle boss Robbie Neilson revealed he told Hickey to go to a club where he'll play first team football.

He told Sky Sports News : "From Aaron's perspective - and I've had this conversation with him - it's important he continues to go and play first-team football

"I think that's why he has progressed so quickly, because he has got it here at such a young age. I would hate to see him go somewhere and drift into their U20s or U23s team.

"Ultimately he will make the decision with his father and his agent where he goes and we wish him all the best."

DailyRecordSport

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

There was concrete interest with Hickey visiting the facilities, but Bayern didn't put in an official offer. According to a poster on here who is apparently a friend of the Hickey family, it was that Bayern thought the valuation Hearts put on Hickey was too high.

31 minutes ago, john thomas said:

In the current climate £500 quid is important to them. That photo of Lawell with his head in his hand has nothing to do with losing a FOOTBALL match, but everything to do with seeing CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MILLIONS GOING DOWN THE SWANNY.

40 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If it's not.... you've got to question his motivation or desire. As someone mentioned above - who wouldn't want to test their abilities against Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic?

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

There was. He was in the Bayern changing room after their CL final. Think we wanted more than they were willing to pay and his Dad is pretty insistent on first team football which he won’t get right away at Bayern. 

52 minutes ago, john thomas said:

It makes their £25m CL loss just that little bit bigger though. All good. 

52 minutes ago, David Black said:

Normally no, but they have just lost around £35 million from the Champions League. They also have a court case due which could potentially cost £x. Their wage bill is massive as well with no income coming in. They are not in the same financial position they were a couple of weeks ago.

You may well be right

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Doubt he'd have grown up dreaming of playing for Bologna so not 'his dream move' in that regard, however any 18 year old getting a move to a first team squad in the Italian top flight can be regarded as getting a dream move.

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In the current climate £500 quid is important to them. That photo of Lawell with his head in his hand has nothing to do with losing a FOOTBALL match, but everything to do with seeing CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MILLIONS GOING DOWN THE SWANNY.

Around £35 million was reported. 

22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doubt he'd have grown up dreaming of playing for Bologna so not 'his dream move' in that regard, however any 18 year old getting a move to a first team squad in the Italian top flight can be regarded as getting a dream move.

Exactly. However, I think he may have been inferring 'shellick' would be the 'dream' move... you know, same as it's every players dream to play for the mhanks, apparently. 

Good luck to him, what a move if it eventually goes through.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere  that Hickey was required to extend his deal which already lasts until next June and the Italians prefer to spread deals over a 2 year period which co-incides nicely. 

However, another poster has also come up with the scenario as below.

The deal is reported as a loan with an obligation to buy next summer, so Hickey may sign an extension to his current deal before flying out to Italy.

Structuring the deal as an initial loan is common practice in Italy, as it allows clubs to spread the cost of a deal over two financial years.

PhoenixHearts
57 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Maybe Bologna isn't the dream move, but kids of Hickey's age won't appreciate just how great a league that is. It's a shame how badly it has regressed over the past 10+ years, but for many folks my age who grew up in the 90's and 00's, to play in Serie A would have been THE dream. For me it is and always will be the best league in the world.

The Old Tolbooth

Any shothousery from us that costs those arseholes any money is good enough for me, remember it was their desperate actions to be awarded a fake title that sent us down and cost us a lot more than that! 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

His £500k bonus when they make a profit  too. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Maybe Bologna isn't the dream move, but kids of Hickey's age won't appreciate just how great a league that is. It's a shame how badly it has regressed over the past 10+ years, but for many folks my age who grew up in the 90's and 00's, to play in Serie A would have been THE dream. For me it is and always will be the best league in the world.

I think it’s getting better as more money seems to be kicking around these days, all these guys going to Inter from England for instance will be on great money. Juventus enquired about Messi to join Ronaldo are in for Saurez allegedly. 

4C393A40-3FF6-4FD0-AE19-7EC7CFB48D90.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Celtic Fans have caught on to this and are talking about boycotting Tynecastle  🤣

Please GOD, let this be true 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Celtic Fans have caught on to this and are talking about boycotting Tynecastle  🤣

I'd say that was a deal clincher 

27 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This deal just gets better and better , let's hope they follow it through 

31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The catering staff in the Roseburn kiosks have cracked open the champagne.

31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

OF fans can't manage a boycott, there's too many of them so its unworkable. The glasgow based ones might, but there are too many throughout the rest of the country that will go to the away games in their city/town, rather than following their local club. 

But, I don't think its intentional. As others have pointed out its common practise in Italy to do this. Could be just the reality of the situation. Plus, Budge isn't one to do something so petty and will likely be acutely aware of the bigger picture impact of pissing them off - i.e the next time we want to sign one of the kids they aren't going to play they'll tell us to bolt. 

Makes me laugh though :) 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

The catering staff in the Roseburn kiosks have cracked open the champagne.

They’re not old enough, cans of Monster maybe 😜.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Celtic fans won’t be coming to a Tynecastle for a while... by the time they do they’ll have moved on to something else to be paranoid about.

16 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Celtic fans won’t be coming to a Tynecastle for a while... by the time they do they’ll have moved on to something else to be paranoid about.

A soft penalty when they’re 4-0 up at home to Hamilton will have them hating the SPFL again and their gifted title will be a distant memory. 

that would be a lovely added bonus

Guest ToqueJambo

Boycotting themselves? They tried to do the same thing with the striker from West Ham and have apparently made a loan-to-buy offer for an Italian defender.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5985505/celtic-offer-sampdoria-gambia-omar-colley/

Win win. West Coast tramps 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, john thomas said:

Not sure it's about the money. They get incredibly angry at the thought a player might chose another team over them and when a team like us they consider massively inferior doesn't bow down to their demands. So if the Hickey thing goes through it'll be a nice double whammy.

maroonlegions

All the best Hickey wherever you end up. 

Cheers for not only the winner you scored at Fester Road but your  goal celebration too, was there that day and loved it when it hit the back of the HIbs net.    Oh and this thread is reeking.....

FTH.

0_19305682.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

26 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

that would be a lovely added bonus

Yup. Offer them tickets with a 1 week withdrawal deadline, and then sell the remainder to our own supporters.

It's very interesting that our idea is catching on though.