Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

21 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

All the best Hickey wherever you end up. 

Cheers for not only the winner you scored at Fester Road but your  goal celebration too, was there that day and loved it when it hit the back of the HIbs net.    Oh and this thread is reeking.....

FTH.

0_19305682.jpg

Uche totally thought the ref was a Hearts player there haha

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Celtic Fans have caught on to this and are talking about boycotting Tynecastle  🤣

that’s a win win.

these filthy animals nowhere near the clean air is better than any money.

50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure it's about the money. They get incredibly angry at the thought a player might chose another team over them and when a team like us they consider massively inferior doesn't bow down to their demands. So if the Hickey thing goes through it'll be a nice double whammy.

they’ll just chuck more players on loan at Dundee. 

37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they’ll just chuck more players on loan at Dundee. 

Aye, i was reading that from them tae, "we should loan players out to the championship teams to stop Hearts from getting promoted"

No longer active
4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Celtic Fans have caught on to this and are talking about boycotting Tynecastle  🤣

They have already boycotted Tynecastle this season by orchestrating the Dundee mystery vote change.

4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Excellent.

saves us the trouble of limiting their tickets as we’ve wanted to do for years

4 hours ago, OTT said:

OF fans can't manage a boycott, there's too many of them so its unworkable. The glasgow based ones might, but there are too many throughout the rest of the country that will go to the away games in their city/town, rather than following their local club. 

But, I don't think its intentional. As others have pointed out its common practise in Italy to do this. Could be just the reality of the situation. Plus, Budge isn't one to do something so petty and will likely be acutely aware of the bigger picture impact of pissing them off - i.e the next time we want to sign one of the kids they aren't going to play they'll tell us to bolt. 

Makes me laugh though :) 

They boycotted the last game of the season at Tynecastle in the early 70's. They were protesting at overcrowding at Tynecastle when they had knocked us out of the cup earlier in the season - the last 40,000 gate at Tynie and in all honesty it was rather uncomfortable and I ended up behind a pylon at the Gorgie Road end and had a very poor view.  As for the boycott game, it was a rather good afternoon for those of us who were there; we won 4-1 and very few Celtic fans turned up. 

5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Any shothousery from us that costs those arseholes any money is good enough for me, remember it was their desperate actions to be awarded a fake title that sent us down and cost us a lot more than that! 

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, henryheart said:

They boycotted the last game of the season at Tynecastle in the early 70's. They were protesting at overcrowding at Tynecastle when they had knocked us out of the cup earlier in the season - the last 40,000 gate at Tynie and in all honesty it was rather uncomfortable and I ended up behind a pylon at the Gorgie Road end and had a very poor view.  As for the boycott game, it was a rather good afternoon for those of us who were there; we won 4-1 and very few Celtic fans turned up. 

And at Parkhead on that very same day, our reserves beat their reserves 5-0.  So what though.  The scrum is screwed so much in favour of the OF that they have won around 100 trophies since then and you'd be lucky if the rest of us have more than 10 between us.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'll happily make the point to any Celtic fans unhappy (though I've seen a few online say "fair play, well done"). 

Dembele Fulham to Celtic. 

Not even close to being the same situation 🤦🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not even close to being the same situation 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not sure what you mean.

But Celtic got a very good deal and Fulham were shafted. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure what you mean.

But Celtic got a very good deal and Fulham were shafted. 

Dembele was out of contract and Fulham received a development fee.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Dembele was out of contract and Fulham received a development fee.

Celtic also agreed to waive a lot of his transfer fee to go to his agents.

Accordingly to Sportsound a couple of weeks ago. 

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Two birds with one stone.

Mon the Hearts 

:rofl:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Two birds with one stone.

Mon the Hearts 

:rofl:

Well played Hearts , well played 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Thank god - don’t care if tic get 30%. We get £1m for a young boy that’s been With us for a very short time. Great piece of business and if we have a sell on clause even better. Good luck to him - he’s not taken the easy option (ie tic) which would’ve been easy to do

Neil Dongcaster

If the fee is £1.5m Aaron Hickey becomes our 11th highest transfer fee received. This jumps to 6th if we consider fees during the Romanov years probably didn’t end up with the club.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I care more about a sell on clause has this been confirmed ?

I’m glad you aren’t in charge of finances then.

Whilst I would like to think we have a 15/20% sell on fee, money in the pocket is far more valuable. 

20 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’m glad you aren’t in charge of finances then.

Whilst I would like to think we have a 15/20% sell on fee, money in the pocket is far more valuable. 

Time will tell. If the lad fulfills his potential, and if there is indeed a 'sell-on' clause?

Have a wee look at the eye-wattering transfer fees between major European teams. Could be the best bit of business for Hearts ever.

22 hours ago, Wilson said:

His Dad, Neil, is a Celtic fan. The rest of this is wrong, other than wanting the best for the lad, and possibly going to Bologna..

No it's not.

Aaron is a boyhood celtic fan.

His agent has been involved in a remarkable number of transfers involving celtic. As one well known contributor here posted last week..."he's basically employed by celtic".

They would not want to be involved in a transfer that deliberately and knowingly shafted celtic.

Not really sure what's wrong with any of that.

The dodgy loan deal nonsense, signing and extended deal to facilitate,  dreamt up by somebody on here won't happen.

It'll be 1.5m, 0.5m to celtic, so we clear 1.0m. Hopefully with a sell on.

been here before

If various reports are reasonably close to the truth...

The club nets about 1.5m

Hickey has the chance of a fantastc lifestyle with some amount if wedge for a boy his age.

Bologna get a great prospect.

Might be a sell on fee.

Might be a loan back arrangement.

Sellick miss out on a signing.

Sellick look like missing out on c500k

Sellick fans raging/offeeded/oppressed and are thus talking of boycotting Tynecastle.

Im struggling to see a down side to any of this.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

If various reports are reasonably close to the truth...

The club nets about 1.5m

Hickey has the chance of a fantastc lifestyle with some amount if wedge for a boy his age.

Bologna get a great prospect.

Might be a sell on fee.

Might be a loan back arrangement.

Sellick miss out on a signing.

Sellick look like missing out on c500k

Sellick fans raging/offeeded/oppressed and are thus talking of boycotting Tynecastle.

Im struggling to see a down side to any of this.

Unfortunately I've not seen any reports about Celtic not getting a cut. Just read a few people jumping to conclusions based on the Italian report which said it might be initial loan with obligation to buy.

Otherwise agree though that this deal is positive for the club.

Edited by Hungry hippo

So from the original post on May 25th are we finally approaching the hallowed ground of a change in thread title?

Very best of luck for an injury-free massive learning experience for young Aaron.

And 'ra Sellik boycotting Tynecastle? Halle-****ing-lujah!

Neil Dongcaster
56 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Time will tell. If the lad fulfills his potential, and if there is indeed a 'sell-on' clause?

Have a wee look at the eye-wattering transfer fees between major European teams. Could be the best bit of business for Hearts ever.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves. Even if the boy goes on and becomes a £10m player. Our end may be £1.5m to £2m.

To say your more concerned about that potential money versus guaranteed money is ridiculous. Both are important but cash is king.

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think people are getting ahead of themselves. Even if the boy goes on and becomes a £10m player. Our end may be £1.5m to £2m.

To say your more concerned about that potential money versus guaranteed money is ridiculous. Both are important but cash is king.

Please desist from putting words into my mouth, thanks.

I'm in NO WAY 'more concerned' about potential future income. My point is simply that IF he fulfills his potential and IF there is indeed a sell-on clause then that could easily result in a future 'windfall' that would dwarf what's been reported for his current transfer.

£10M you speculate? If he 'does a Kieren Tierney' that figure will look like peanuts. 👍

Neil Dongcaster
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Please desist from putting words into my mouth, thanks.

I'm in NO WAY 'more concerned' about potential future income. My point is simply that IF he fulfills his potential and IF there is indeed a sell-on clause then that could easily result in a future 'windfall' that would dwarf what's been reported for his current transfer.

£10M you speculate? If he 'does a Kieren Tierney' that figure will look like peanuts. 👍

I haven’t put words in your mouth, I was alluding to the earlier point I replied to that you quoted me on.

If AH does a Tierney and gets sold for £25m then he will be Bologna’s record transfer departure. Whilst I would love it to happen it’s very unlikely. Therefore it’s far more important to get a good upfront fee and hedge our bets against any future transfers.

Regardless of figures, I hope this transfer is the first of many for us. To have a reputation of a club that can help players make the next step will be fantastic for our recruitment.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good deal for someone we stole from Celtic's academy at 16. 

Well done to Aaron and his people making good choices. 

Wish him well in his future,has the attributes to make it to a high level.Good luck Aaron.

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We should be doing it more often.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

So from the original post on May 25th are we finally approaching the hallowed ground of a change in thread title?

Very best of luck for an injury-free massive learning experience for young Aaron.

And 'ra Sellik boycotting Tynecastle? Halle-****ing-lujah!

Once the club confirms it. 😎

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Is it clear anywhere how this deal is structured - even just loan or transfer fee.

The press have gone all in on “transfer fee” but that didn’t seem the way this was heading yesterday.

3 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I haven’t put words in your mouth, I was alluding to the earlier point I replied to that you quoted me on.

If AH does a Tierney and gets sold for £25m then he will be Bologna’s record transfer departure. Whilst I would love it to happen it’s very unlikely. Therefore it’s far more important to get a good upfront fee and hedge our bets against any future transfers.

Regardless of figures, I hope this transfer is the first of many for us. To have a reputation of a club that can help players make the next step will be fantastic for our recruitment.

Record departure fees are being hit all over the place, 25m is nothing to teams in the top 5 European leagues and for bigger clubs that’s barely a squad player now.

3/4 years for now the bigger clubs will be paying that for 16 year olds in their youth teams far less a 21/22 year old holding their own in the Italian top flight (assuming Hickey continues to develop and gets in the first team regularly)

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Record departure fees are being hit all over the place, 25m is nothing to teams in the top 5 European leagues and for bigger clubs that’s barely a squad player now.

3/4 years for now the bigger clubs will be paying that for 16 year olds in their youth teams far less a 21/22 year old holding their own in the Italian top flight (assuming Hickey continues to develop and gets in the first team regularly)

The chances of Aaron Hickey being sold by Bologna for upwards of £25m are extremely small. Can we agree on that? 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wasn't he a Hearts youth player first, then went to Celtic stole him from us first?

1 hour ago, jambotea said:

Wasn't he a Hearts youth player first, then went to Celtic stole him from us first?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes

4 years at Celtic. They wanted him to stay. 

22 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry to butt in but not sure how you can be so sure of that. He's just turned 18, has played 30 odd games for us, has less than a year left on his contract and we've just sold him for £1.5m. 

If he keeps progressing then him being sold for a fee equal to the fee celtic got for Tierney isn't that much of a stretch of the imagination.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bologna/rekordabgaenge/verein/1025

Doesn't look like a club that regularly punts players for big money. 

Its not to say it can't happen, just unlikely. 

Ultimately, though anything over and above what we've already got is welcomed. Perhaps Hickey will go for big money in the future. Fingers crossed :)