Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

That picture suggests that he was wanted by a team from Berlin and perhaps Herta Berlin which I was completely unaware of from the media.

It is a bit like Aaron signing for signing for Celtic with a picture of Partick Thistles Firhill.

On a side note it appears that Celtic are interested in signing Turnbull again. It is of course a complete coincidence that Celtic happen to be playing Motherwell this weekend. 

Edited by 7628mm

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

To be fair it is difficult to quantify in purely financial terms. If academy players come through and collectively make 70+ appearances for the first team that equates to us saving on 2-3 players we would have needed to bring in (last season Moore, McDonald, Brandon, Henderson & Irving made 77, if you add Hickey it goes to over 100). 

Unfortunately your theory requires an effective scouting system, John Murray then rears his head. His record in securing younger talent in lower Scottish over last two years consist of Mulraney & Wighton. I’ll leave it at that! 

yes but it’s fair to say that the majority of these won’t be first team regulars and in that case all we’ve done is develop them for other clubs. 

John Murray needs to go. It’s ridiculous this never gets looked at despite all the failures on the signing front. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If i remember rightly it was reported at the AGM that we have spent over £4 million on the academy.

For me and by having a family member come through an academy in England who then left for peanuts when he was 14 i just don't see the need to have age groups from 5-15.Most of these lads believe they have 'made it' by the time they are 9-10,the parents get involved,agents tap them up,the club loses.

Also my bug bearer with Hearts is that compared to young guys blooded at other clubs ours seem like weaklings and not developed enough physically or mentally.(Hickey aside)

I wouldn’t say they are weaklings. Hickey, Irving, Henderson certainly aren’t. Cochrane and McDonald yes but then Cochrane was 16 when he broke through so still has time to bulk up. 

That’s what I meant regarding Academy. We invest a lot of time and money yet we probably see the fledgling part of these guys careers when they break-through then go onto bigger clubs. 

That’d be ok if we got huge fees from selling but we aren’t seeing that. They typically are on short term deals until we see them develop into first team and when they do make it their heads get turned by agents. 

26 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Time for Hickey (junior or senior) to make a statement of intent, the silence is allowing speculation to get out of control affecting Hearts as a club and not just themselves. Surely they both understand that there is still something to be said for being honourable.

The silence is down to his agent doing the talking for them, through Celtic pets in social media.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

No they wont they will be the ones that reap the big fee from him.Its ****ing obvious whats happening will be feeding him one of their own shit but the whole strategy will to be to punt him to England when he has about 18 month left on his deal.

nailed it. They won’t lose out financially here. It’s a no brainer for them. 

The Treasurer

It's all speculation just now as none of us know for sure what his plans are.

However if (and it's still if at this stage)his plan is to sit out his contract with us before moving to sit on sellik's bench, he should maybe take a look at Souttar and remember that he has the opportunity of a lifetime with Bayern and realise that chances like that might not be there in 2 or 3 years time when he's only played a handful of games for the last few seasons

47 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

It’s all conjecture at this time. This is the problem with Social Media and fans end up going mental. Simple facts, we have little say in his destination, everyone in for him currently know our minimum expectations, and the boys representatives are discussing the best outcomes for him. I have met his dad a few times when he played in the younger age groups and he was critical of Celtic and brought him back to Hearts as he thought it was a better platform for his son. I think like any dad he wants what is in his boys best interest. I would be surprised if he can get guarantees that give him first team football of the game time he currently gets right now.
How do you list the points of consideration. Ambition, Game time, Money, Playing for the team you support, Development in a leading club structure.

I never see Aaron’s viewpoint on this apart from hearing he is ambitious.
If he is that good 2 more years at Hearts in a guaranteed position with another 100 games or so are many more than he will likely get if he moves, a year in the Championship is risky but will give him more freedom to get forward, it will be tough against clubs wanting our scalp, but It’s game time that develops you. If he is good enough he will move on to bigger and more lucrative options.
A solid 4 year contract with a Hearts with clauses for sell on and a healthy salary to support his contract is what I would advise. That’s what I would be discussing if it was my Son, but it’s not. 

If it is the case he wants to go the Celtic route, fair enough they must match our terms, if he wants to run down his contract, Sit him on the bench for the Season.  I think you have about 15 sub rule this year, back to cleaning boots and supporting senior players.
If that was to be the decision it would, at this time highlight the viability of the academy which a fair few already question. 
However his dad struck me as understanding the value of the academy and I’m sure they would want to see it gain a return for both it and the wider Hearts football club. 

IF the shortened Championship finishes,  or even starts

If Bayern are keen.....and Celtic are keen.......

If these are both true.....why on earth would you go to Celtic? Pish league...in a crummy city....few European games a year....

Or.

Champions League winners from a club that actively push academy players into developing into world class players who make the first team if they put the work in.

And Germany is a fantastic place.

If I was an a amateur player and Hearts and Bayern came in for me....id turn down the club I love for that sort of opportunity. 

Even if you don't make it at Bayern your stock will surely rise better than through the west at that sorry excuse for a "football" club.

The Old Tolbooth

If he goes to the bheggars, then it's a total and utter complete lack of ambition where the chances are he'll sit and rot on a bench whilst they play some no mark in front of him, at least at Bayern he would be properly developed into a very good player, miles better than what Celtic can make him for sure. 

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

If these are both true.....why on earth would you go to Celtic? Pish league...in a crummy city....few European games a year....

Or.

Champions League winners from a club that actively push academy players into developing into world class players who make the first team if they put the work in.

If I was an a amateur player and Hearts and Bayern came in for me....id turn down the club I love for that sort of opportunity. 

Even if you don't make it at Bayern your stock will surely rise better than through the west at that sorry excuse for a "football" club.

It’s the mind set of people who actually support that vile club that you are up against - he’s young and probably very easily influenced by family. His old man I would think is the fly in the ointment in all of this.  Seen this scenario pan out before. Hearts have to dig their heels in firmly in this.  I have lost count of the number of times Celtic have screwed clubs over here. I can go right back to the sixties when they so obviously tapped Chris Shevlane.   If Hickey decides its Celtic or nothing for him, then it’s a seat in the stand for him at every game no matter what.

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If he goes to the bheggars, then it's a total and utter complete lack of ambition where the chances are he'll sit and rot on a bench whilst they play some no mark in front of him, at least at Bayern he would be properly developed into a very good player, miles better than what Celtic can make him for sure. 

If he was to go to Bayern and not make it he could always come back to Celtic, but if he goes to Celtic his chances of earning a move to Bayern in a few years as an established pro are minimal. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity (assuming Bayern make an offer) that almost every young player in the world would crawl over broken glass to get. If he's mad keen on staying in Scotland he's maybe just not mature enough to see what he's potentially turning his back on.

If he does go to septic I hope the club decides to set a precedent and make an example of him. Just like us refusing to sign Nisbet because he wanted a 'can go to septic if they ask' in his contract.

We need players who actually want to play for the club, not mercenaries who view us as a stepping stone. We will be resigned to never being a real force if we sell all our talent for pennies.

grumpyespana

My take on this in a few years time while at that horrible team in Glasgow and they decide to get rid of him what will he be thinking turning down Bayern the European champions enough said.

13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Or.

If he chooses Celtic over Bayern Munich, then he is an idiot, or being advised by an idiot. Either way, if he does, I hope his career flops. 

Edited by Paolo

Clerry Jambo

Stadium - Bologna FC, nearest Hickey. For De Silvestri the goal is Pinzolo

Written by  Stefano Francesco Utzeri Aug 25, 2020

Rate this article
(0 votes)

We are working hard on the market at the rossoblù house. The main focus in these last days before the official start of the transfer window at Bologna is on the defense bands. The first goal is to close for the arrival of Lorenzo De Silvestri. The other one who has come back in vogue in recent days is Aaron Hickey.

As Claudio Beneforti reports on Stadio this morning , positive news arrives from Scotland towards Bologna. Walter Sabatini and Riccardo Bigon, together with the intermediary Giovanni Branchini, have reopened the games on the 2002 class owned by the Heart of Midlothian. In fact, after the Bavarian sirens that had bewitched the player and the entourage, the rossoblù managers have once again crept into Hickey's doubts . The winger, to whom Bayern has offered a five-year, however, the future described for next season is that of a place in team B, militant in the fourth division of German football.Now the signs in Casteldebole are positive, but the sudden changes of mood of the Scotsman and his agents do not, however, leave peace. Hickey, who has already been to Casteldebole, is now ready to accept the Rossoblù offer , but until the Bolognese executives have everything in black and white, safety will not be 100% yet. The definitive answer is announced later today.

Securities that instead seem to come from the Lorenzo De Silvestri front. Although not a single indiscretion arrives from both sides of the negotiation, what seems certain is that it is Bologna, in the people of the Bologna management and the Serbian coach, that the player, now ex Toro, wants to close the deal as soon as possible. The rossoblùs want to have the signing of the winger before Thursday to be able to summon him so also for the withdrawal of Pinzolo.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

same one as Kieran Tierney apparently 🤦‍♂️

Who should be telling him to stay as far away from Celtic as possible, given the sinister treatment Tierney got, from TGFITW, for having the temerity to show real ambition. Apparently a judas, for not hanging around to win 10 tinpot titles in a row.

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I think his dad has been visiting all these clubs, whoring his son around just to drive his stock up. These clubs will have made offers on a weekly wage for him and his dad will use this when securing a contract with the green erse cheek. I would expect a five year deal north of £10k per week with incentives for young Aaron. We’ll  get no sell on clause and Hickey will run down his contract with us. He’ll sign a pre contract In January  with his boyhood heroes and yet again we’ll be left with a bag of sweeties as consolation and  not even a sniff of a sell on clause! 

Is his Dad “Celtic minded”?

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Or.

I mostly agree, you’d think you’d have to be stupid to actually turn down Bayern Munich. 

But the difference is at Celtic, he would be playing games from the get go. He’d be in the team this week. At Bayern he’ll be in the B team. There’s one player that reminds me of, Ryan Gauld. Did he ever kick a ball for sporting? So it’s not as easy a decision when you think of it that way, go to Celtic and be first choice or go to Bayern and compete with probably one of the best 16-17 year old left backs in Germany, for a place in the Bayern B team... to be fair to Hickey, say what you want about him, one thing has been obvious throughout, he absolutely loves to play football and that’s what he wants. To play. 

But yeah despite all that you would have to be a total idiot to turn down FC Bayern München, you’re talking about the top club in world football in 2020. They offer you a 5 year deal at age 17, the only response is “where do I sign?”

26 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If he chooses Celtic over Bayern Munich, then he is an idiot, or being advised by an idiot. Either way, if he does, I hope his career flops. 

Fairly obvious from comments from other young Hearts players that Hickey is a borderline over enthusiastic half wit.

33 minutes ago, Sertse said:

If he does go to septic I hope the club decides to set a precedent and make an example of him. Just like us refusing to sign Nisbet because he wanted a 'can go to septic if they ask' in his contract.

We need players who actually want to play for the club, not mercenaries who view us as a stepping stone. We will be resigned to never being a real force if we sell all our talent for pennies.

Ironically, Celtic are in the same boat. Buy players on the cheap , promise them CL football and sell them on as soon as a decent offer comes in.

As others have said, why Hickey would choose (if he has) Celtic over Bayern seems nuts to me.

Lennon as head coach - what's he going to learn under that thug in a tinpot league where the fans will turn on you the instant there's talk of leaving them. 

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Not for me, if he tries to ‘see out his contract’ or some other nonsense I’d be unhappy to even see him play a reserve game for us. 

Send him on loan to Rangers.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ironically, Celtic are in the same boat. Buy players on the cheap , promise them CL football and sell them on as soon as a decent offer comes in.

As others have said, why Hickey would choose (if he has) Celtic over Bayern seems nuts to me.

Lennon as head coach - what's he going to learn under that thug in a tinpot league where the fans will turn on you the instant there's talk of leaving them. 

Unlike here, of course :cool:

(Just kidding, it is where he may be heading that annoys us)

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is his Dad “Celtic minded”?

His dad will be just looking out for his son like any other dad would son for their son.  He now has choices and ultimately it’ll come down to what’s best for his son and nothing else.  Our club won’t even come into their thinking with regards to a transfer fee I would guess.

He can go to Celtic and live at home where his dad will be able to keep him on the straight and narrow. Not that I’m suggesting he’s not a level headed boy. He’s still young and maybe the plan will be to move him on when he’s 22 for a huge fee. Probably following the blueprint of Andy Robertson. If he fulfils his potential then he could be filthy rich as a young man. 

I wish the young lad well in his career. It’s a shame that we won’t be able to cash in on him but there’s no need to give him the abuse that some posters have aimed his way. 

Good luck Aaron. I’ll always think of you as  a jambo! 

Before we hang Hickey from the nearest lamp post, let's not rule out the idea that the papers are just trying to manufacture a move to Septic and he's no intention of doing anyting so stupid?

Hard to believe the Scottish sporting press is pro-Glasgow in any way, but you never know... ;)

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

His dad will be just looking out for his son like any other dad would son for their son.  He now has choices and ultimately it’ll come down to what’s best for his son and nothing else.  Our club won’t even come into their thinking with regards to a transfer fee I would guess.

He can go to Celtic and live at home where his dad will be able to keep him on the straight and narrow. Not that I’m suggesting he’s not a level headed boy. He’s still young and maybe the plan will be to move him on when he’s 22 for a huge fee. Probably following the blueprint of Andy Robertson. If he fulfils his potential then he could be filthy rich as a young man. 

I wish the young lad well in his career. It’s a shame that we won’t be able to cash in on him but there’s no need to give him the abuse that some posters have aimed his way. 

If he does go to Celtic, he won’t be getting any well wishes from me.  Quite the opposite. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I mostly agree, you’d think you’d have to be stupid to actually turn down Bayern Munich. 

But the difference is at Celtic, he would be playing games from the get go. He’d be in the team this week. At Bayern he’ll be in the B team. There’s one player that reminds me of, Ryan Gauld. Did he ever kick a ball for sporting? So it’s not as easy a decision when you think of it that way, go to Celtic and be first choice or go to Bayern and compete with probably one of the best 16-17 year old left backs in Germany, for a place in the Bayern B team... to be fair to Hickey, say what you want about him, one thing has been obvious throughout, he absolutely loves to play football and that’s what he wants. To play. 

But yeah despite all that you would have to be a total idiot to turn down FC Bayern München, you’re talking about the top club in world football in 2020. They offer you a 5 year deal at age 17, the only response is “where do I sign?”

He won’t be first choice at Celtic either though. Bayern would turn him into a far better player than Celtic ever would, as you say he would be mad to turn it down.

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Simple if he goes to Celtic this wondow put a 30% clause in as its obvious to me they just see him as the next potential £20m plus sale to the EPL in about 3 years.

Don't they already have a 30% sell-on from when they previously had their mitts on him?

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There is no reserves, I wouldn’t let him play at all if it came to it as all he’s doing is taking the place of someone we would like to progress. 

Aw yeah. Just don’t select him for any squads

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

If he does go to Celtic, he won’t be getting any well wishes from me.  Quite the opposite. 

I will obect to him ever being called a Hearts player,he would not exist for me if he goes to Celtic The chance to go to a top club like Bayer

and turning it down he needs his head examined.

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Leaving a big club where is first choice left back is looking after his boy ? Championship or not a 17 year old playing Regular first team football for hearts is a huge career improving option. Moving anywhere else at that age is not and is a gamble, that may or may not work. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Well he’s partly on the way with the Robertson blueprint, being released from Celtic and playing under 40 games for another SPFL team. The big move to Hull for £3m and then £8m to Liverpool might not happen if he goes to Celtic and doesn’t progress, as much as he would at Bologna or Bayern.

PS his dad is a Celtic ***** 👍🏽.

Pps you’re too nice SJ 😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes I know all that. My question was -  is his Dad “Celtic minded” as that may influence the Club he wants his son to go.

Also I will think of Aaron as a player who played a few games for Hearts but he does not fit my definition of a “Jambo”.

Edited by Thomaso

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes I know all that. My question was -  is his Dad “Celtic minded” as that may influence the Club he wants his son to go to.

Yes he’s a stinking Celtic ***** 

I don't really care where he goes, I'd just like us to get the most money possible. He's just a passing ship, one I doubt will go on to become the superstar people seem to think.

Hopefully we get the most amount of money possible. We're in the Scottish Championship and surely even we'll manage to find a good enough left back for that level and then a better one once we're back in the top league.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Before we hang Hickey from the nearest lamp post, let's not rule out the idea that the papers are just trying to manufacture a move to Septic and he's no intention of doing anyting so stupid?

Hard to believe the Scottish sporting press is pro-Glasgow in any way, but you never know... ;)

I agree. While there is some past and rumours that have been around Hickey in the last year, this latest rumour has come from a journalist who doesn't appear to do Scottish football stories. The fact the red tops are not claiming this is true I would say speaks volumes about it. If there was any chance it was true the Sun or Daily Record would be having stories up talking about the amazing signing Celtic are about to make.

He may yet go to Celtic but I wont crucify the lad until there is anything concrete.

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes I know all that. My question was -  is his Dad “Celtic minded” as that may influence the Club he wants his son to go.

Also I will think of Aaron as a player who played a few games for Hearts but he does not fit my definition of a “Jambo”.

His dad is definitely Celtic minded. So his influence carries a lot of clout. He was offered an improved contract from Levein at an extra £250 per week, which under his dads influence, he  advised his son to turn this down. He was always leaving and Celtic was always his club of choice. He now has an agent and his globe trotting was only designed for one thing...to push the envelope.

We gave him his break and will no doubt get royally shafted from Celtic, if he does indeed end up there,  for this. I’m actually hoping he moves to anyone but them but it’s no reason for some posters to start hating the boy for it. 

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't really care where he goes, I'd just like us to get the most money possible. He's just a passing ship, one I doubt will go on to become the superstar people seem to think.

Hopefully we get the most amount of money possible. We're in the Scottish Championship and surely even we'll manage to find a good enough left back for that level and then a better one once we're back in the top league.

Couldn't agree more. The sooner he does the better for all concerned. If he goes to Celtic it shows a complete lack of ambition from him, but as long as we get the fee we want, that's fine by me. This has dragged on to long now .

Willie Hamilton genius
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree. While there is some past and rumours that have been around Hickey in the last year, this latest rumour has come from a journalist who doesn't appear to do Scottish football stories. The fact the red tops are not claiming this is true I would say speaks volumes about it. If there was any chance it was true the Sun or Daily Record would be having stories up talking about the amazing signing Celtic are about to make.

He may yet go to Celtic but I wont crucify the lad until there is anything concrete.

Exactly my thoughts.

The Scum papers would be giving it big licks if true.

Even if he does end up there I won't be crucifying him, though I would think he was an idiot.

The way I see it, going to Bayern or Bologna, it's like he's been offered a scholarship for Oxford or Cambridge. 

Stay at Hearts its Napier, UWS... Same degree but no where near the opportunities the former two would open up.. 

Go to celtic and he's accepting a place doing nightschool at the local college, learning how to warm benches and be stifled. 

25 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Absolutely agree. Sadly the dimwits on here have turned on him already. 

Don’t think anyone is advocating actually nailing the laddie to a cross if he goes there. Although no club does martyrdom quite like Celtic, so maybe that’s in their plans. No, it’s more a case of if he does go there, he leaves with absolutely no best wishes for the future. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Absolutely agree. Sadly the dimwits on here have turned on him already. 

Me too, I would obviously rather he went nowhere near them, however it's his call and he has to do what it is best for him at this stage of his career and only he and his family know what is best for him as an individual

I would have no qualms if he went to Septic provided they paid the going transfer rate.  After all if that's where he wants to be, it would only be a matter of time amyway.

I don't see why people get their knickers in a twist about where a player goes. As long as the club gets a decent fee, that's all that matters.

I think the fact that Celtic’s highest offer to date has been a quarter of what the genuinely big teams interested have offered, might be playing a part in people being a little bit pissed off. I mean just a hunch likes.