Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah there will be nothing but abuse for him if he goes there. A bit lake snakey but much worse considering his options. 

He’ll do a wee interview stating how it was the best move for his career, and he’s thankful to Hearts for giving him his big break. Usual shite aimed at placating dimwits.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon tinted glasses 2

If he chooses not to leave this window then for the rest of his contract pap him onto the bench but never come on however have him running the line on full warm-ups with the same at half time. Or have him play every minute of every game as well as full promotional appearances ect and don't give him a minutes rest. 

Surely he needs to only think back to the reasons why he left celtic in the first place. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not really In Celtic's ballpark. My point stands 

I didn’t say it didn’t. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Slot him in the reserves for the whole season if there is no deal done with another club by the time the window closes.

There is no reserves, I wouldn’t let him play at all if it came to it as all he’s doing is taking the place of someone we would like to progress. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

There is no reserves, I wouldn’t let him play at all if it came to it as all he’s doing is taking the place of someone we would like to progress. 

His very own “Tynecastle hell”, still the weegie ***** in the press will get a chance to reuse their old favourite expression at least. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

He’ll do a wee interview stating how it was the best move for his career, and he’s thankful to Hearts for giving him his big break. Usual shite aimed at placating dimwits.

He couldn’t make a worse decision. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

His very own “Tynecastle hell”, still the weegie ***** in the press will get a chance to reuse their old favourite expression at least. 

Wait till he comes back in the horrid eyesore of a  jersey, hell will seem like a holiday. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He couldn’t make a worse decision. 

Aye, but that wouldn’t matter. The dimwits will nod along anyway. :lol:

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He doesn’t have an agent, his dad looks after his contracts etc. 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Not any more he doesn’t. He has an agent now. You’ll be shocked to read about his previous Scottish transfers. 🙄

You sure this agent wasn’t just a figment of your imagination? :whistling:

I very much doubt that Hickey is planning to do the dirty on us in any way.  If however, a bid comes in which the club accepts but he rejects, we deserve to know that.

The Hickey situation got me wondering if it’s actually worth us having an academy. We all like the idea of home grown talent but what’s the point when they leave shortly after the breakthrough into the first team? it just feels like we develop players that bigger clubs can cherry pick in last year of their contracts - usually a season or so after breakthrough. 

At any of the AGM’s has it ever been asked if the academy is run at a profit or loss taking into account any fees from academy players we sell?

We are probably much better signing promising under 21 players from lower leagues, and getting them on decent contracts so if they develop we hold all the aces. I get the impression it’s easier doing that than getting a youngster who has broke through and doing well to tie himself down on a longer contract. 

Edited by el_jambo74

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, el_jambo74 said:

The Hickey situation got me wondering if it’s actually worth us having an academy. We all like the idea of home grown talent but what’s the point when they leave shortly after the breakthrough into the first team? it just feels like we develop players that bigger clubs can cherry pick in last year of their contracts - usually a season or so after breakthrough. 

At any of the AGM’s has it ever been asked if the academy is run at a profit or loss taking into account any fees from academy players we sell?

We are probably much better signing promising under 21 players from lower leagues, and getting them on decent contracts so if they develop we hold all the aces. I get the impression it’s easier doing that than getting a youngster who has broke through and doing well to tie himself down on a longer contract. 

To be fair it is difficult to quantify in purely financial terms. If academy players come through and collectively make 70+ appearances for the first team that equates to us saving on 2-3 players we would have needed to bring in (last season Moore, McDonald, Brandon, Henderson & Irving made 77, if you add Hickey it goes to over 100). 

Unfortunately your theory requires an effective scouting system, John Murray then rears his head. His record in securing younger talent in lower Scottish over last two years consist of Mulraney & Wighton. I’ll leave it at that! 

What will happen is press will report massive bid from Celtic if 2.5m or there about. Take off the clause they already have for 30ish% and we get back to or lower than amounts bid already.  

Reporting will be on the headline figure

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

What will happen is press will report massive bid from Celtic if 2.5m or there about. Take off the clause they already have for 30ish% and we get back to or lower than amounts bid already.  

If Celtic offer £2.5m then we'll get more than what we would have got if he went to Bologna for £1.8m.

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Whoever he goes to it will be for an "undisclosed" fee as that seems to be the way with Hearts nowadays. 

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, el_jambo74 said:

If i remember rightly it was reported at the AGM that we have spent over £4 million on the academy.

For me and by having a family member come through an academy in England who then left for peanuts when he was 14 i just don't see the need to have age groups from 5-15.Most of these lads believe they have 'made it' by the time they are 9-10,the parents get involved,agents tap them up,the club loses.

Also my bug bearer with Hearts is that compared to young guys blooded at other clubs ours seem like weaklings and not developed enough physically or mentally.(Hickey aside)

Might be an unpopular view in all of this, but if it’s becoming apparent that he’s playing everyone along to secure a move to Celtic then quite simply he should not be played. 

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Might be an unpopular view in all of this, but if it’s becoming apparent that he’s playing everyone along to secure a move to Celtic then quite simply he should not be played. 

Not unpopular to me. His wank of an agent should be added to the list beside that Houldesworth ***** annaw.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, we don’t need him in the Championship so he can go back to picking up litter with the kids. 

If he goes anywhere else then I will be rooting for him to make it big. If he goes to Glasgow then I hope he picks up a niggling groin injury on his first day training that never quite clears up and his career stalls into nothing. 

Simple if he goes to Celtic this wondow put a 30% clause in as its obvious to me they just see him as the next potential £20m plus sale to the EPL in about 3 years.

30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If i remember rightly it was reported at the AGM that we have spent over £4 million on the academy.

For me and by having a family member come through an academy in England who then left for peanuts when he was 14 i just don't see the need to have age groups from 5-15.Most of these lads believe they have 'made it' by the time they are 9-10,the parents get involved,agents tap them up,the club loses.

Also my bug bearer with Hearts is that compared to young guys blooded at other clubs ours seem like weaklings and not developed enough physically or mentally.(Hickey aside)

Slightly diverting....I know there was grumbles behind the scenes amongst many as to how the “high heed yins”(Last management team) showed lack of knowledge or actual concern in respect of how to transition young players to the reserves/first team in a much more developed state.  

I don’t know how much involvement JJ will have in the academy but he had a good past record of blooding young players to the first team.  

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think his dad has been visiting all these clubs, whoring his son around just to drive his stock up. These clubs will have made offers on a weekly wage for him and his dad will use this when securing a contract with the green erse cheek. I would expect a five year deal north of £10k per week with incentives for young Aaron. We’ll  get no sell on clause and Hickey will run down his contract with us. He’ll sign a pre contract In January  with his boyhood heroes and yet again we’ll be left with a bag of sweeties as consolation and  not even a sniff of a sell on clause! 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He doesn’t have an agent, his dad looks after his contracts etc. 

Has had an agent for a few months now. 

Good to see a few of the dimwits in internetz land already starting to get on the Cant blame Hickey train. That’s before even his Daily Record exclusive where he blames everyone else for ****ing us over.

Rot in the stands for a year if he allows the club who gave him his break to be ****ed over.

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I think his dad has been visiting all these clubs, whoring his son around just to drive his stock up. These clubs will have made offers on a weekly wage for him and his dad will use this when securing a contract with the green erse cheek. I would expect a five year deal north of £10k per week with incentives for young Aaron. We’ll  get no sell on clause and Hickey will run down his contract with us. He’ll sign a pre contract In January  with his boyhood heroes and yet again we’ll be left with a bag of sweeties as consolation and  not even a sniff of a sell on clause! 

If he hasn’t either signed a contract extension with us, very unlikely, or moved for a decent fee by end of window in early October we should just leave him sitting in the stand until next summer. Don’t need him to win the championship and if we are only going to get 70% of development fee from Celtic it’s worth making a stand. Prospect of 15 months without a game might make his old man see sense. Could be a career ending mistake. 

Ibrahim Tall
24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not for me, if he tries to ‘see out his contract’ or some other nonsense I’d be unhappy to even see him play a reserve game for us. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

All the more reason for him to spend the rest of this season polishing his backside sitting in the stand.  Absolutely no time for players who pull this stunt.  I despise   Celtic with a passion, and this sort of shit from them reinforces that. A scum club.

Cant believe we have only got one full season out of a player with potential like Hickey.We seem abdolutely shite at tying down genuine talent while we have been great at giving 3 and 4 year deals to shit journey men.

Just now, MTS1874 said:

Celtic will ruin the laddies career.

No they wont they will be the ones that reap the big fee from him.Its ****ing obvious whats happening will be feeding him one of their own shit but the whole strategy will to be to punt him to England when he has about 18 month left on his deal.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has had an agent for a few months now. 

same one as Kieran Tierney apparently 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Cant believe we have only got one full season out of a player with potential like Hickey.We seem abdolutely shite at tying down genuine talent while we have been great at giving 3 and 4 year deals to shit journey men.

You can only get players to sign a contract if they actually want to. There is little doubt that he has been got at. I don’t blame the club here in the slightest. If he wants to play for Celtic, then it should be made crystal clear to him that unless we get a suitable offer, one that matches what we have already received from elsewhere then he’ll be going nowhere. I hope the club stay strong with this and if this is the scenario that’s being played out that we don’t assist his career or aspirations in the least. 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

You can only get players to sign a contract if they actually want to. There is little doubt that he has been got at. I don’t blame the club here in the slightest. If he wants to play for Celtic, then it should be made crystal clear to him that unless we get a suitable offer, one that matches what we have already received from elsewhere then he’ll be going nowhere. I hope the club stay strong with this and if this is the scenario that’s being played out that we don’t assist his career or aspirations in the least. 

If we are selling to a other club in Scotland, a rival, we should be asking for more than what we already been offered. 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If we are selling to a other club in Scotland, a rival, we should be asking for more than what we already been offered. 

We both know that they won’t pay more and they won’t pay what we have been offered. They want to sit this out till December and offer sweeties. They might take fright though if we make it clear that his career here is over and he won’t be playing first team football under any circumstances for the remainder of the season. I’m just waiting for “Keef” to produce the articles slating us for stopping the laddies dream move. I hope the club do just that and it sends out a clear unambiguous message.

Tennant's  6's
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yep, like Paterson,  we risk losing Hickey for a shitty development fee, let Nicholson leave on a free.

Whoever is responsible for contracts needs to get these things sorted out sooner.

And letting players like Doig leave , only to shine for hibs..

So bloody frustrating 

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he hasn’t either signed a contract extension with us, very unlikely, or moved for a decent fee by end of window in early October we should just leave him sitting in the stand until next summer. Don’t need him to win the championship and if we are only going to get 70% of development fee from Celtic it’s worth making a stand. Prospect of 15 months without a game might make his old man see sense. Could be a career ending mistake. 

That’s exactly what we should do. Before the way this has unravelled, I’d have said keep him until the end of the season and play him, if he decides against moving to one of the big clubs interested in him. The very obvious way that this is being manipulated by his dad, his agent, and Celtic however = not a second of game time until his contract expires.

As someone has said, if he doesn’t sign for someone before the window shuts then it’s so obvious that he’s been told by his agent that Celtic are his option. I really hope Hearts are making it crystal clear to him & his father that should this happen he will play absolutely no part in any football for the rest of the season. That might sound harsh but we really need to be making a stand against the way Celtic operate in this country and if Hickey becomes collateral damage then so be it. 

Whatsthefuture

It’s all conjecture at this time. This is the problem with Social Media and fans end up going mental. Simple facts, we have little say in his destination, everyone in for him currently know our minimum expectations, and the boys representatives are discussing the best outcomes for him. I have met his dad a few times when he played in the younger age groups and he was critical of Celtic and brought him back to Hearts as he thought it was a better platform for his son. I think like any dad he wants what is in his boys best interest. I would be surprised if he can get guarantees that give him first team football of the game time he currently gets right now.
How do you list the points of consideration. Ambition, Game time, Money, Playing for the team you support, Development in a leading club structure.

I never see Aaron’s viewpoint on this apart from hearing he is ambitious.
If he is that good 2 more years at Hearts in a guaranteed position with another 100 games or so are many more than he will likely get if he moves, a year in the Championship is risky but will give him more freedom to get forward, it will be tough against clubs wanting our scalp, but It’s game time that develops you. If he is good enough he will move on to bigger and more lucrative options.
A solid 4 year contract with a Hearts with clauses for sell on and a healthy salary to support his contract is what I would advise. That’s what I would be discussing if it was my Son, but it’s not. 

If it is the case he wants to go the Celtic route, fair enough they must match our terms, if he wants to run down his contract, Sit him on the bench for the Season.  I think you have about 15 sub rule this year, back to cleaning boots and supporting senior players.
If that was to be the decision it would, at this time highlight the viability of the academy which a fair few already question. 
However his dad struck me as understanding the value of the academy and I’m sure they would want to see it gain a return for both it and the wider Hearts football club. 

Sorry to be negative but I find it impossible not to be after the last four years.

We’ll get shafted here.  Virtually no cash and he’ll hardly play this season. 

Edited by hearts00

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Eh.. This has been covered. 

Illegal for longer contracts to be signed under 18, he refused to sign one at 18.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

My lad trained at Hearts when he was 8/9, at the fag end of the Romanov period.

When i went up to be shown around, the old chap doing the meet and greet (forget his name, sorry) made it clear in his opinion it that the boys were too young at that age.  But, everyone else was doing it so hearts felt they had to too.

A club like Hearts needs a youth set up/academy imo, but perhaps 13 and up?

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yep, like Paterson,  we risk losing Hickey for a shitty development fee, let Nicholson leave on a free.

Whoever is responsible for contracts needs to get these things sorted out sooner.

And letting players like Doig leave , only to shine for hibs..

So bloody frustrating 

You can't force players to sign, the reality is, the power is with the player.

Hickey couldn't be sorted out sooner either. 

Doig... I'd wait and see on that one. 

Time for Hickey (junior or senior) to make a statement of intent, the silence is allowing speculation to get out of control affecting Hearts as a club and not just themselves. Surely they both understand that there is still something to be said for being honourable.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, alanbauld said:

Time for Hickey (junior or senior) to make a statement of intent, the silence is allowing speculation to get out of control affecting Hearts as a club and not just themselves. Surely they both understand that there is still something to be said for being honourable.

Tbh, time for the wee dick to decide. 

It's getting boring now. 

Whatsthefuture
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, time for the wee dick to decide. 

It's getting boring now. 

Maybe time to say, if nothing is concluded in 2 weeks we are running down your contract and your current position will be occupied by a player committed to the club. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Eh.. This has been covered. 

Illegal for longer contracts to be signed under 18, he refused to sign one at 18.

I thought the hibs left. Back doig has a 5 year deal with them and he’s 17. I may be wrong though.