Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

16 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Using 'their' instead of 'there' was actually a predictive text posting from my phone so that one was a typing discrepancy.  Obviously I made similar mistake to you by not proof reading before posting.  I'll give you the other one though as that was poor.  

You're right.  Basic English

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're right.  Basic English

You should probably have used a full stop after English there old bean.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Should you not have included a comma between "there" and "old"?

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Not necessarily so.

I have amended it, old cabbage.

PS:  Should you not have had a comma after "there"?

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Should you not have included a comma between "there" and "old"?

Dunno.  Ask Al. 😂

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think he opted for half pay before the club took advantage of furlough so at the time he didn't have the alternative.  Whether he was brought in to the scheme I do not know but the point is not so much what it cost the club as to what he sacrificed.  If he sacrified even one penny then that does not constiture reward for failure!

What makes you think that?

The only people I remember being mentioned specifically were Naismith, who took a 50% cut, and Stendel who stopped taking any wage.

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

What makes you think that?

The only people I remember being mentioned specifically were Naismith, who took a 50% cut, and Stendel who stopped taking any wage.

Don't be lazy.  Check for yourself.

54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Don't be lazy.  Check for yourself.

Telling me to check how you formed your opinion makes no sense.

So do you have an answer?

What makes you think Levein took a 50% wage cut?

Why do you think he agreed this before the club introduced the furlough scheme?

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-and-austin-macphee-agree-50-hearts-wage-cut-claims-report-2504534%3famp

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Thanks for that, although their source is a Daily Record article, which in turn has no quotes, but "understands" Levein agreed to a 50% cut. 

Believe as you will. 😄

43 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I didn't form an opinion. 

davemclaren has given you an answer and there are sources other than the Daily Wrecker.  Just keep looking.

It seems to me you are desperate to make a negative and contradictory point but don't have the ammunition to see it through.

I am also having doubts about where your loyalties lie because most Hearts supporters will be well aware of the answer to your last question. 

The club did not introduce the Furlough Scheme - that was the Government/Chancellor.

FYI, Naismith also agreed a 50% cut before we took advantage of the scheme.  Are you going to pan him as well?

I may add that I don't know if CL was furloughed but I'm sure if you start digging for negative data you could well come across the answer.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

No mention of Craig Levein, so why do you think he agreed to a 50% cut? Also, why do you think he agreed before the furlough scheme was used?

It was also reported Naismith, Stendel and others all agreed to cuts before the furlough scheme. Why not question them too?

4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Thanks for that, although their source is a Daily Record article, which in turn has no quotes, but "understands" Levein agreed to a 50% cut. 

Nobody bar Naismith had to take a 50% cut(and he volunteered)...a more accurate figure would be 30%..the furlough scheme impacted on the % 'cut'

Of course we know the current manager has not taken a wage since March

Edited by CJGJ

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I would remember the good times, even forgiving the whole Cathro fiasco, if he'd have just managed a shite couple of years.

But the last couple of years have been an absolute car crash, coupled with some astounding levels of arrogance which has taken the absolute piss out of our fans. 

I look forward to seeing where he ends up next, if anywhere.

23 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Because I’m not a cretin. 

You are a Levein apologist so many may disagree with that!

So 25 hrs to go tik tok and bye 👍👍, I hope you can sit comfortably knowing that you can look back at being the worst Hearts manager ever, still taking a wage regardless of being furloughed, no shame, good ridance, and good luck in the future!!!!! NOT, 

SpruceBringsteen

A day premature, but I'm having a few tins to celebrate. I refuse to hate Levein, but I hate what he's done to the club.

Cheerio.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Nobody bar Naismith had to take a 50% cut(and he volunteered)...a more accurate figure would be 30%..the furlough scheme impacted on the % 'cut'

Of course we know the current manager has not taken a wage since March

I don't think your first para is correct.

Several took a 50% pay cut but when the club made use of the furlough it meant that the cut would be 30% or less.

I don't know if CL or AM were furloughed with their contract end date being imminent ie their jobs were never going to be retained.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't form an opinion. 

davemclaren has given you an answer and there are sources other than the Daily Wrecker.  Just keep looking.

It seems to me you are desperate to make a negative and contradictory point but don't have the ammunition to see it through.

I am also having doubts about where your loyalties lie because most Hearts supporters will be well aware of the answer to your last question. 

The club did not introduce the Furlough Scheme - that was the Government/Chancellor.

FYI, Naismith also agreed a 50% cut before we took advantage of the scheme.  Are you going to pan him as well?

I may add that I don't know if CL was furloughed but I'm sure if you start digging for negative data you could well come across the answer.

You got there eventually, all you needed to say was you got your information from unsubstantiated press reports. 

I reserve the right to pan Steven Naismith if he single handedly sets the club back 5 years like Levein has.

I support Hearts, you support Craig Levein, I know where I'd rather be sitting. 

Anyway happy liberation day!

I have a theory that Levein is the jinx and the curse will be lifted after today. Reconstruction, Scottish Cup win and a vaccine to follow!

LeylandJambo

I can't honestly say I'm sorry to see Levein and McPhee go. I do however wish them both well in the future although in Levein's case I don't think it'll be in football.

Goodbye leech.  Spent the past 6 months as a parasite sucking cash out the club for zero return.  Just a shame your dud signings are still here and we will be left paying for your ‘legacy’ for years to come.

A dark dark chapter in our story. Many good things to say about Levein from his Hearts career but as for that hippy prick I have none. Nothing sums up the Budge era to me more than the hippy.

John mcCartney

The anger has lifted and I now have only pity for a man`s career to have ended in total disgrace.

However,to take the supporters of the club as mugs will ever be unforgivable.

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

You got there eventually, all you needed to say was you got your information from unsubstantiated press reports. 

I reserve the right to pan Steven Naismith if he single handedly sets the club back 5 years like Levein has.

I support Hearts, you support Craig Levein, I know where I'd rather be sitting. 

Anyway happy liberation day!

Did I?  Just because I pointed you in that direction?

I support Hearts too and probably for a lot longer than you but not necessarily CL.  I do however try to look at things honestly and fairly.

As regards liberation, I too am looking forward to a (possible) new dawn and hope CL feels liberated too, especially with health.   I'm sure you agree.  Yes/No?

gashauskis9

Seeing as it’s your last day and it’s nice outside, feel free to **** off early today lads.  

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, LeylandJambo said:

I can't honestly say I'm sorry to see Levein and McPhee go. I do however wish them both well in the future although in Levein's case I don't think it'll be in football.

And the award for biggest understatement goes too...😂😂😂

LeylandJambo
11 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

And the award for biggest understatement goes too...😂😂😂

Any award in a storm cheers 

15 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Still not bad getting over £6k a month for nothing.

15 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Seeing as it’s your last day and it’s nice outside, feel free to **** off early today lads. 

But make sure you hand in your in depth audit report into our medical department before you go, and the keys to the cleaners cupboard as well. 

gashauskis9

Any smidgen of goodwill that existed with the pair of them went when, despite the actual manager and captain taking no wage, the two of them had to agree a cut with the rest of them.  Given that their roles were more supplementary, and that they were out of contract in a couple of months, they should have done the decent thing and either walked then or taken the full cut.  

Glad it's over. 

Four years and millions down the drain but the one person who should have seen all the flashing, neon signs indicating that it was not working failed to do so. 

Not convinced, at all, that the decision making will get any better, sadly.

Glad to be proved wrong.