Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

buzzbomb1958
25 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

all the best to them both 

Hope their next shite is a porcupine

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

SM Sheffield
4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Any smidgen of goodwill that existed with the pair of them went when, despite the actual manager and captain taking no wage, the two of them had to agree a cut with the rest of them.  Given that their roles were more supplementary, and that they were out of contract in a couple of months, they should have done the decent thing and either walked then or taken the full cut.  

Absolutely this. It is horrible to think that a man that was respected so much as a player and as a manager first time around is now a hate figure at his own club.

Taking that cut was his last opportunity to save a bit of face and he even failed to do that. An unbelievably stubborn and arrogant man who should have been long gone a long time ago.

braveheart
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well said sir! You have said the words that thousands of decent people think!

Your having a laugh if you think 1000s agree with those sentiments.no wonder were in our current position if so many were prepared to accept the package on offer.he should have got the boot the day after the Livingston debacle.😠

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'd guess he'd be saying these things after consultation with medical/physio staff and players who do look on the mend sometimes break down.  I think Naisy and Souttar have done that several times while Haring seems to have had problems  with diagnosis- just like Colin Cameron did several years ago.

PS: Do you think CL is also responsible for Covid 19?

No.

Would you hold him responsible for dressing himself in the morning?

VagabondJambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not a bitter person. 

The guy tried and failed as manager this time. 

His only full season was a 6th place finish, lc sf, sc final. 

He left us as manager this season second bottom in December after a round of fixtures. 

I'll go on that rather than bitter, twisted and personal attacks on a guy who was back on the training ground weeks after a heart attack and has spent the best part of 20 years with us. 

Folk can go on about trophies, shagging Ann etc. Fair doos, if that's their banter--crack on but tbh you can do one for calling me out on good bye and good luck. 

As I said, good bye and good luck to them both. 

Well said.

I agree with every word, and wish Craig and Austin the best of health, success, and happiness in their future lives.

Thank you for the good times.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No.

Would you hold him responsible for dressing himself in the morning?

Obviously not married 🙄

jambocall51

Good luck Craig!! However we now need to move on now and stop blaming him if we’re to be successful. That was our downfall before when we where comparing Levein to cathro. We need to start afresh and get back to where we belong!

3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well said sir! You have said the words that thousands of decent people think!

Seconded. You can tell the mindset and capacity issues of folk on here with their vile immature comments, which reflects more on them than anything. Hopefully all things CL can be put to the side and when we are successful in the future, he can have less flack and be remembered for more than the last 3 years...

All roads lead to Gorgie

Good luck to Craig and Austin, a shame both didn't see the writing on the wall last summer and step down then. Maybe they considered going but were persuaded to stay, I suppose we will never know! 

CL served the club well as player and manager minus the last year and a half.

20 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Seconded. You can tell the mindset and capacity issues of folk on here with their vile immature comments, which reflects more on them than anything. Hopefully all things CL can be put to the side and when we are successful in the future, he can have less flack and be remembered for more than the last 3 years...

Never a truer word has been spoken (or typed).

Selkirkhmfc1874
32 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Will forever be remembered for the state he's left us in 

The guy was a great footballer and part time boxer but he should never had a second stint in the dugout at tynecastle

3fingersreid

From watching his debut as a player at Ibrox he was one of the finest players I’ve ever seen wear the maroon jersey.

As manager first time round he turned us around and was , without winning a trophy , a success. 

Second time around with us as head coach , if he’d had the common sense to have bowed out after the final and given his health scare a good reason to have done so , I think he’d have been held in high esteem by most , but certainly not all. 

His downfall , for me anyway, was . his stubbornness not to change his style and sometimes given how the results were going, he’d have been better to keep quiet rather than making comments like “natural order”. That sort of comment ,whilst fine when we’re winning , all it did was put more pressure on himself, pressure he couldn’t deal with  . 

Sadly by not leaving his post, he’s also spoiled the relationship between AB and the fans to some extent , partly because she was too loyal to him and I think he abused that loyalty too much . 

I’ll always be grateful  to him for letting me see one of Scotland’s finest defenders play for us but at the same time I’m glad he’s gone , should’ve went earlier , but cheerio CL all the best and next time you’re at a home game , pay your way in like the rest of us please . 

eyesandears

Nothing against him and don't wish him ill but he has set us back years. When we all thought that he was Robbie's crutch it now really looks like Robbie was actually Craig's support. I worry AB is now about to make the same mistake with persisting with Stendel as manager in the Championship but that's for another thread. 

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Shame he’s away.

Hopefully Ann can find a lesser role for him so he stays on for a few more years yet.

He could be in charge of the toilet rolls.

He’d probably would  make a shitfest of that.

😀

Some being very subtle and saying he only had one full season. He was mostly in charge for season 17-18, then the season after.  

We were also left in the mire from their work this season too.  Slowly but surely, lack of goals, lack of threat, lack of everything a decent football team needs.   Most Hearts managers wouldn’t have got away with two consecutive mid table finishes but our person at the top floated along in a bubble not knowing how to deal with the football department needing urgent attention after 18-19.

Craig Levein was a favourite player of mine and I enjoyed his first spell as manager. It’s been excruciating this time. I find it hard to say good luck but certainly don’t wish him any ill feeling in health or his general life.  It’s hard in this moment to give him a “pass” even though he’s a Hearts man like all of us.  The resentment he’s received over time is as much his own doing as anything else. 

I think there’s not only be too much ill judgement in signing players and other footballing aspects at the club, but also too much from people who overstayed their welcome and were clearly out their depth a long time ago.  Mind you, that takes the person at the top to see things like that.

Edited by Debut 4

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Nothing against him and don't wish him ill but he has set us back years. When we all thought that he was Robbie's crutch it now really looks like Robbie was actually Craig's support. I worry AB is now about to make the same mistake with persisting with Stendel as manager in the Championship but that's for another thread. 

As of now Stendel isn’t our manager. Up to us to offer him a contract which will be much less lucrative. I’d be ok if he stayed on if hes affordable, otherwise it has to

be Robbo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Exactly! When robbie left we were sitting 2nd in the league and 2 years ahead of the leith mob but leveins horrendous decisions has as you say set us back years while squandering millions 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! When robbie left we were sitting 2nd in the league and 2 years ahead of the leith mob but leveins horrendous decisions has as you say set us back years while squandering millions 

Four bad decisions by Levein and Budge (partly for backing Levein although if you appoint a DoF you have to back them):

1. Not trying hard enough to retain neilson - when he made boises about an approach we should have been offered an extension and money to spend in January and summer. I do think a noisy element of the hearts support influenced their thinking there though
2. Appointing Cathro - an interesting experiment but not at that time with hindsight and ultimately the catalyst for everything that followed

3. Appointing Levein as long term manager instead of just caretaker for a season

4. Taking far too long to replace Levein although I can appreciate why. With hindsight Levein should have gone after the end of 18/19 but the cup final probably saved him

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Genuinely think CL loves Hearts and obviously didn't want to fail. But that's happened and him and McPhee and rightly let go. Good bye but for your derby record alone always be welcome back IMO

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not a bitter person. 

The guy tried and failed as manager this time. 

His only full season was a 6th place finish, lc sf, sc final. 

He left us as manager this season second bottom in December after a round of fixtures. 

I'll go on that rather than bitter, twisted and personal attacks on a guy who was back on the training ground weeks after a heart attack and has spent the best part of 20 years with us. 

Folk can go on about trophies, shagging Ann etc. Fair doos, if that's their banter--crack on but tbh you can do one for calling me out on good bye and good luck. 

As I said, good bye and good luck to them both. 

:spoton:

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah because there is nothing to be frustrated about. It’s sickening how many embrace failure like a comfort blanket. 

So you agree the post is correct then ?

3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

It all started going to ratshit when Robbie was hounded out imo

Wouldn’t say that was Levein’s fault, but what followed, yes

You are correct it is partially the fault of a small number in % terms of fans who hounded Robbie out and now those very people act as though they had nothing to do with the recent demise of the club...they need someone to blame and lets be honest Levein is the perfect patsy with his failure re signings etc and his managerial appointments

Ex member of the SaS

Just glad the clown has gone. Hope he never darkens our doors again. Couldn't care what legend status he has previously he is the one responsible for our current predicament and should hang his head in shame. Spent way too much of OUR money and took too much in wages to be fondly remembered.

BelgeJambo
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You are correct it is partially the fault of a small number in % terms of fans who hounded Robbie out and now those very people act as though they had nothing to do with the recent demise of the club...they need someone to blame and lets be honest Levein is the perfect patsy with his failure re signings etc and his managerial appointments

Robbie’s only fault, was shitting the Derby’s 

First season up was never about playing expansive attractive football

You’re right, there is a % who will never be pleased. 

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No evidence to support this theory but I suggest Levein left Robbie to get on with it and was gobsmacked when we romped the Championship, I feel Levein was too busy with his five year plan and didn't expect us to win it first time of asking simply due to Sevco and Hibs also being down. Once we were back up he started taking too close an interest and was interfering with how Robbie wanted us to play, thus making Robbie's position untenable.

Ok not many will agree but this is how I feel.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Back in a few weeks.”

A common refrain which was always wrong and was nothing more than a ploy to make people think improvement was on the horizon.

Because, as you well know, Levein was purely a victim of INJUREEEEEEEEZ

Is that a foreign word or your inadequate spelling. Dawn?

Nice to see some decency over the last couple of pages. Some of the pathetic remarks prior to that reflect badly on those who made them. 

"Launched head first through a glass window."

Good lord!

With it being the weekend, an' all, did they clear out at end of business on Friday? Bearing in mind football is far from a 'normal' working environment.

Anyway - thanks for the good stuff.

Shame the good start couldn't have been sustained but that's football.

Hearts move on.

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nice to see some decency over the last couple of pages. Some of the pathetic remarks prior to that reflect badly on those who made them. 

"Launched head first through a glass window."

Good lord!

Waste of a good window in my opinion, at least open it. 

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Shame he’s away.

Hopefully Ann can find a lesser role for him so he stays on for a few more years yet.

wouldn't be adverse :greggy: anybody who hates hubz as much as Craig would always be welcome at Tynie in my book 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He could be in charge of the toilet rolls.

He’d probably would  make a shitfest of that.

😀

Would bring in that tracing paper stuff they used to use at schools and in the military. Give it a four year deal.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, 1874jrs said:

Is John  Murray away/ retired  yet?

Good question. He seems to be immune to any criticism. 

eyesandears
2 minutes ago, 1874jrs said:

Is John  Murray away/ retired  yet?

Only CL and Am away as this is the last day of their fixed term contracts. John Murray is like most other off field employees with a permanent employment contract. AB said on Radio Scotland that one of the reasons she is fighting so hard is to avoid people losing their jobs. If we go down then make no mistake about it there will be a large number of redundancies at the club including the Academy which she specifically mentioned. John Murray's role will be reviewed with almost every other role at the club.

4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Good question. He seems to be immune to any criticism. 

He’s probably the most criticised Hearts employee in internet history. :lol:

4 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Only CL and Am away as this is the last day of their fixed term contracts. John Murray is like most other off field employees with a permanent employment contract. AB said on Radio Scotland that one of the reasons she is fighting so hard is to avoid people losing their jobs. If we go down then make no mistake about it there will be a large number of redundancies at the club including the Academy which she specifically mentioned. John Murray's role will be reviewed with almost every other role at the club.

Thanks for the info m8 no what I wanted to hear

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

How he can't be let go given his part in the last 3 years of failure is staggering. 

That's assuming he hasn't gone. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s probably the most criticised Hearts employee in internet history. :lol:

And yet he's still immune to it. He's a ghost, nobody knows how long is contract is or anything about him 🤣

P.s I think you'll find that levein is the most criticised employee in internet history and to be fair to him, it was ann that kept him on well past his sell by date. 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

And yet he's still immune to it. He's a ghost, nobody knows how long is contract is or anything about him 🤣

P.s I think you'll find that levein is the most criticised employee in internet history and to be fair to him, it was ann that kept him on well past his sell by date. 

Murray has been criticised for as long as I can remember, over many years. I can’t be arsed arguing about it though, Levein may well have been criticised more than him. Hard to care really. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Murray has been criticised for as long as I can remember, over many years. I can’t be arsed arguing about it though, Levein may well have been criticised more than him. Hard to care really. 

Let's just agree that they should both be leaving tonight. 

eyesandears

I'm not an employment law expert but i'm pretty sure if we embark on a redundancy exercise then it also means that our recruitment is likely to be curtailed. Ann and the Board will have to be very careful now not to expose themselves to claims of unfair dismissal which could result if she decided for example to employ football advisers or coaches or even players. 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Let's just agree that they should both be leaving tonight. 

I definitely think it’s time to move on.

Greedy Jambo
34 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I definitely think it’s time to move on.

Well, you would know, being a special officer.